• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

D

Deleted member

I'm sorry, but there's absolutely no way I can take your opinion with any bit of seriousness when you put Bowser Jr. in bottom 3.
Hey! At least Ganon is bottom five in it. He got that right.

If we're going to be posting our own tier lists, here's mine:

>Dedede in F tier
>R.O.B. better than Meta Knight, Yoshi and Olimar
>Default Mii Brawler better than Bowser
>Jigglypuff second-worst character in the game
>>>>>>Samus better than Duck Hunt

lolwut? :dazwa:

Last edited by a moderator:

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
>Dedede in F tier
>R.O.B. better than Meta Knight, Yoshi and Olimar
>Default Mii Brawler better than Bowser
>Jigglypuff second-worst character in the game
>>>>>>Samus better than Duck Hunt

lolwut? :gawmelee:
I did make some tweaks after seeing the first four silly mistakes, but I can justify the last two.

Sure, Duck Hunt can zone, but that's about it. Their combos are minimal, their killing is laughable, and their recovery is gimpable. Samus, on the other hand, is not as good as zoning, but she has extensive combos, better kill power, and hitboxes on her recovery.

Game and Watch has a lot of aspects that people overlook. He has great grab combos that go into the high percentages, good killing tools including some insta-kills, a projectile that can also gimp, and a versatile up B. The only major flaw that I see is his light weight.

EDIT: New personal tier list: http://i.imgur.com/5JtMFus.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I did make some tweaks after seeing the first four silly mistakes, but I can justify the last two.

Sure, Duck Hunt can zone, but that's about it. Their combos are minimal, their killing is laughable, and their recovery is gimpable. Samus, on the other hand, is not as good as zoning, but she has extensive combos, better kill power, and hitboxes on her recovery.

Game and Watch has a lot of aspects that people overlook. He has great grab combos that go into the high percentages, good killing tools including some insta-kills, a projectile that can also gimp, and a great up B. The only major flaw that I see is his light weight.
Are you kidding? Duck Hunt's smashes have good range and kill reasonably well, I dunno if we're playing the same character. Not to mention they have good aerial attacks all around, and up air can kill. Samus' positive attributes are drowned out by the fact that the hitboxes on almost all her attacks are jank, and her missiles are some of the worst projectiles in the game. The only move she gets legit good leverage out of is maybe Charge Shot, which can easily be stopped during its animation by another move and can be even eliminated by something like PK Fire or R.O.B.'s gyro. Let's not even talk about how useless bombs are.

I agree with you on G&W though. He's criminally underrated and shouldn't be as low as he is when GimR, Regi and Songun are all getting consistently good results with him. Y'all should notice the flat man more or better taste the 9.

D

Deleted member

Please, let's not post our personal tier lists. None of us know enough everything about each character and their metagame to make an accurate tier list.
:4miigun: +1 Being a Mii Fighter doesn't make him bad. He is a camping character, and campers do well in this game. He has good matchups against quite a few people.
Camper's don't do that well in this game, bar Sheik and Rosalina. You yourself say that Mii Gunner only has a FEW good matchups.
:4megaman: +1 In a way, Mega Man is broken. He has projectiles he shouldn't have for his neutral attack/forward tilt/forward aerial, forward smash, up aerial, and down aerial.
I don't see why he shouldn't have them, especially since Mega Man isn't top tier nor are his projectiles very effective.
:4pacman: -1 Pac-Man is easy to use, but he isn't an entire tier above Lucario and Olimar, even if he is the best of the three.
Pac-Man is definitely not easy to use.
:4mario: -1 Sure, Mario is good with combos, but that's pretty much all he has going for him. He's way too easily affected by tricks, such as R.O.B.'s Gyro to down aerial, or Jigglypuff's gimping.
Mario has more than just combos. His gimping ability is amazing. Probably his only flaw is his bad kill ability.
:4miibrawl: +1 Too often underrated. At base, Mii Brawler is really fast and strong, which means he should be anywhere from middle tier to high tier.
Fast and strong =/= automatic mid/high tier.
:4dk: -1 I've said this before, I'll say it again. Donkey Kong is high tier 5 at the highest. He has bad matchups against anybody good with combos, speed, or projectiles. To name a few, this covers :4marth::4robinm::4miibrawl::4drmario::4littlemac:, who are all in lower tiers.
Matchups aren't as simple as checking a character's combos, speed, or projectiles and immediately coming to a conclusion. DK doesn't have a bad matchup against Dr. Mario or Little Mac. The rest I don't know much about.
:4luigi: +1 Why is Luigi in tier 3? He's a combo master. He has great results in tournaments, and a wide array of kill options.
The latest patch screwed over most of Luigi's kill options.
:4littlemac: +1 We all know he can't recover. So what? It's not like he instantly teleports off the stage at the start of every match. If we get knocked off the stage, he'll just jump and/or Jolt Haymaker back (the latter having a hitbox, making it difficult to punish). Given how fast he is, it'll be hard to get there in the first place. He's fast and strong, the flawless combo.
It's not hard to get him off the stage, especially since he's susceptible to juggles and aerial strings, and it is inevitable. His hitbox on Jolt Haymaker is simply not effective and easy to edgeguard. Not to mention, the little distance it provides.
:4shulk: +1 Monado Arts let him adapt to whoever he's fighting against, and he has good power, range, and recovery whether he uses them or not. And don't say "bad frame data". It's hard to punish him if he just sent you flying.
Good luck getting them flying in the first place though.
:4dedede: +1 King Dedede has many great traits. Great aerial motion, strong power, and great recovery. It's not too hard to hit people with your attacks, not even your strong ones like the forward smash or dash attack. Dedede has legendary gimping game, which can be accomplished using things like Gordos or dash attacks. With multiple jumps, he easily dodges attacks, and can punish with his neutral aerial. The only guys he does have trouble defeating are the fast characters, and even then, it requires the fastest characters that can combo well, like :4sonic::4fox:.
King Dedede struggle to land his hit. A LOT of hits can reflect Gordos and most of his hits are simply too laggy.
:4ryu: -1 ......................................WHY?
He has great traits, such as his insane punishes, Collarbone Breaker being great on shield, great recovery. etc. Furthermore, he is getting a lot of tournament representation lately such as Trela and Mr. R.

Here's a tier list that I just created.
View attachment 77029
There are A LOT of flaws in this tier list. Notable things to point out: Diddy is second as opposed to a character such as ZSS. Bowser. Jr bottom 3. Greninja criminally low. Falco, Charizard, Ryu, Game & Watch, Pit(s) too low. Luigi, Dedede, Shulk, Jigglypuff too high. Duck Hunt criminally high.

There are so many things wrong with this list. However, this isn't a thread to post personal tier lists. If you are going to post personal tier list, they should be posted on http://smashboards.com/threads/viability-ratings-v2-competitive-impressions.410551/.
Don't bother posting them there either. Trust me.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
Are you kidding? Duck Hunt's smashes have good range and kill reasonably well, I dunno if we're playing the same character. Not to mention they have good aerial attacks all around, and up air can kill. Samus' positive attributes are drowned out by the fact that the hitboxes on almost all her attacks are jank, and her missiles are some of the worst projectiles in the game. The only move she gets legit good leverage out of is maybe Charge Shot, which can easily be stopped during its animation by another move and can be even eliminated by something like PK Fire or R.O.B.'s gyro. Let's not even talk about how useless bombs are.

I agree with you on G&W though. He's criminally underrated and shouldn't be as low as he is when GimR, Regi and Songun are all getting consistently good results with him. Y'all should notice the flat man more or better taste the 9.
I agree with you apart the G&Ws you mentioned. Just like, get Gimr out of there plz lmao. he cant place top 8 at one of the worse smash territories (MD/VA) you cant be considered good. Like, Boss dominated Xanadu, yet he wasnt even top 3 Luigis in AMERICA.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
"Men" lol and if that's earlier when is that actually
Anyways it doesn't really matter much they're still basically the same thing.
It's useful if you want to catch someone offguard.

[Deuce]

Smash Journeyman
:4ryu:+1 new patch. Japanese think he's top 3.
:4feroy:-1 No results.
:4myfriends:+1 Most results of any FE character to date. (FFS there were 4 Ikes in top 32 winners at TBH5)

Last edited:

DarkK

Smash Apprentice

Game and Watch has a lot of aspects that people overlook. He has great grab combos that go into the high percentages, good killing tools including some insta-kills, a projectile that can also gimp, and a versatile up B. The only major flaw that I see is his light weight.

EDIT: New personal tier list: http://i.imgur.com/5JtMFus.png
Can I ask why you consider Marth part of tier B?

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
:4myfriends: +1

As mentioned by previous users, three (four?) Ikes placing within the Top 32 in the largest fall tourney of this year is a phenomenal achievement for this character.

:4metaknight: +1

The character may be nerfed considerably from SSBB, but with his metagame seeing rapid development, especially by the Japanese, he is once again emerging as a formidable threat. Also, a Meta Knight placed within the Top 8 in the said tourney.

:4feroy: -1

Perceived by many as the best FE character since his release. I actually think there is some potential left, but until he starts making a splash at a national I still consider him overrated. I also happen to be of the minority opinion that Marth is at least within the same tier as, if not higher than Roy, considering both of their match-up spreads, particularly against the top tiers.

^-^

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
This list isn't actually too bad by my standards. This shares a lot of my opinions. If I was to make a few changes, the few glaring changes I'd make... I think Marth and Roy should swap places, and then Lucina should be closer up to Marth, whether it be at the top of D or bottom of C. I also think Ryu should be up a tier, and Falcon should also be closer to the top of his tier. Those are the only glaring things I can see in your list, otherwise, I think it is very fair. Good job.

Seige

Smash Cadet
I can't really separate them into number categories, just tiers, since I was instructing my friend to put it in for me as I don't have access to my computer rn.
http://prntscr.com/8p0wks
It's not the best there's like one major two tier jump, otherwise it's some falls and rises.
I have explanations for all of the rises and falls(well most) if I didn't I would've dropped Peach... I mean whaaaat?

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Alright here's my tier list:

S::4sheik::4zss::4diddy::4ryu::4myfriends::4miibrawl:
A::4fox::rosalina::4gaw::4mario::4luigi::4marth::4sonic::4ness::4rob::4villagerf:
B::4falcon::4peach::4yoshi::4metaknight::4pacman::4miisword:
C::4lucario::4robinm::4megaman::4olimar::4kirby::4samus::4dk::4pit::4darkpit::4link::4littlemac:
D::4pikachu::4wiifit::4charizard::4tlink::4palutena::4shulk::4wario::4drmario::4falco::4greninja:
E::4dedede::4bowser::4feroy::4lucas::4mewtwo::4zelda::4duckhunt::4ganondorf::4lucina:
F::4miigun::4bowserjr::4jigglypuff:

Yes, this is a joke.

But Serisualy, I'm not posting my tier list. But please, people, stop posting tier lists, it's gonna screw up his thread, and cause a lot of heated argeuemnts. At SOME point, somebody may make a tier list THIS bad.

There are so many things wrong with this list. However, this isn't a thread to post personal tier lists. If you are going to post personal tier list, they should be posted on http://smashboards.com/threads/viability-ratings-v2-competitive-impressions.410551/.
So THIS is why tier lists end up in that thread bespite being "Punishable by Death

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
But please, people, stop posting tier lists, it's gonna screw up his thread, and cause a lot of heated argeuemnts.
Just reiterating Wintermelon43's point. I know I made a comment on somebody's list, but remember people, we are voting on the community tier list, not posting our own tier lists. I'm sure there's a thread somewhere out there for that.

Discussing characters and matchups in regards to voting seems OK though.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Browny Browny are you still moving characters two tiers in this last voting period? Because you moved Marth down 1 tier last voting period deapite his average being -20. And both Roy and Ike are about to move two tiers, and if Ike ends up top tier......

R.I.P. SWF Community Tier List

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I'm sorry, but there's absolutely no way I can take your opinion with any bit of seriousness when you put Bowser Jr. in your bottom three.
Well, I put him there since his moves are easy to avoid. I haven't fought (as) him in a while though, so I'm probably wrong about his position.
Camper's don't do that well in this game, bar Sheik and Rosalina. You yourself say that Mii Gunner only has a FEW good matchups.
I would beg to differ. Villager and Pac-Man have their positions due to being campers. Even with say, Toon Link, you can keep your opponents out while damaging them at the same time.
I don't see why he shouldn't have them, especially since Mega Man isn't top tier nor are his projectiles very effective.
Sure, he isn't top tier, but he does have effective projectiles. His bullets can bait out a shield so Mega Man can grab, and if they don't shield, the bullets stop them from attacking. The charge shot can edgeguard well, and the Air Shooter can keep opponents in the air. He does all of this without using specials.
Pac-Man is definitely not easy to use.
All he has to do is keep using his Bonus Fruit and knock the opponent away, the fruits being difficult to block. Even if someone runs up and tries to attack, you can hit them with a fruit. If someone tries to toss him around in the air, he throws down a Fire Hydrant. If he wants to approach, Power Pellet. His jab and his aerials can also get him out of combos. The only thing he can't do easily is land a kill.
Fast and strong =/= automatic mid/high tier.
Aside from that, he also has high/wall jumps, leading to good recovery. He has bad specials, but it's not like he needs any of them.
The latest patch screwed over most of Luigi's kill options.
Okay, didn't know that.
It's not hard to get him off the stage, especially since he's susceptible to juggles and aerial strings, and it is inevitable. His hitbox on Jolt Haymaker is simply not effective and easy to edgeguard. Not to mention, the little distance it provides.
Really, it's hard to hit him with anything, since he's the third fastest character in the game. Most of the time, he won't even be near the ledge, and air dodge/Slip Counter is always a thing.
Good luck getting them flying in the first place though.
Shouldn't be hard with my lengthy Monado, especially when I switch to Monado Speed.
King Dedede struggle to land his hit. A LOT of hits can reflect Gordos and most of his hits are simply too laggy.
Please everybody, stop with this. Dedede has some of the best range in the game. His neutral attack, forward tilt, down tilt, neutral aerial, and up aerial come out at an average speed, and combo into his laggier and strongest hits. His dash attack and forward smash can cover just about anybody during a landing, and they're also edgeguarding tools. His specials are so difficult to punish. And while almost anything can reflect a Gordo, there are four problems.
  • Most attacks don't even have a hitbox that even touches it.
  • Dedede can send them out too fast for the opponent to react.
  • He can send them out at close range for a strong, unpredictable double hit.
  • Hit someone who's trying to recover with it.
He has great traits, such as his insane punishes, Collarbone Breaker being great on shield, great recovery. etc. Furthermore, he is getting a lot of tournament representation lately such as Trela and Mr. R.
Interesting.
There are A LOT of flaws in this tier list. Notable things to point out: Diddy is second as opposed to a character such as ZSS.
He's there since he's got it all. Speed, strength, combos, recovery, projectiles. With the added bonus of tripping.
Falco, Charizard, Ryu, Game & Watch, Pit(s) too low.
Besides Ryu, I don't see what's so great about any of those characters. Charizard has a severe lack of range, even in his projectiles, and everything he does is easy to dodge or shield. Falco is slow, with bad projectiles,and relies on being in the air.
Luigi, Dedede, Shulk, Jigglypuff too high. Duck Hunt criminally high.
I've already explained Shulk and Dedede. Jigglypuff can avoid most, if not all, attacks by floating around. Once this happens, he can punish with his strong aerials. He basically controls the air. Pound is a good move, and Jigglypuff has the best gimping game out of everybody. Duck Hunt's camping is super effective, and can beat out just about anybody.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
Kirby Dragons Kirby Dragons , just a reminder, remember that this isn't the place to be discussing personal tier lists. Just trying to stop this thread becoming something it's not supposed to be.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Are you kidding? Duck Hunt's smashes have good range and kill reasonably well
Well, to be fair, if they linked properly they would.

Samus' positive attributes are drowned out by the fact that the hitboxes on almost all her attacks are jank, and her missiles are some of the worst projectiles in the game.
...her bad physics? Lack of ways to get people out of her space? Those are much deeper rooted problems which kill the character than "her bad hitboxes" or "missiles are bad". Not to say this is entirely off, it's just not that well-supported of a thought.

The only move she gets legit good leverage out of is maybe Charge Shot
Has it ever occured to you that Samus has a top 10 dash attack where she gan get 25%+ combos?

which can easily be stopped during its animation by another move and can be even eliminated by something like PK Fire or R.O.B.'s gyro.
You shouldn't be in a position where it's going to be so telegraphed that someone can just run up to you and hit you out of the startup.

GNW doesn't have good results at majors/nationals except for EVO, lol. GIMr shouldnt even be considered a major threat, he doesn't even dominate MDVA which is one of the worst regions in the game (barring the mountain states).

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
I'll probably put Ike in Marth's position, Marth into high C tier, and Captain Falcon higher in B in my personal tier list. But regardless, back to the topic. (I've already posted my votes.)

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
Samus' positive attributes are drowned out by the fact that the hitboxes on almost all her attacks are jank, and her missiles are some of the worst projectiles in the game. The only move she gets legit good leverage out of is maybe Charge Shot, which can easily be stopped during its animation by another move and can be even eliminated by something like PK Fire or R.O.B.'s gyro. Let's not even talk about how useless bombs are.
Go back 2 pages or so, both me and a user called @Vyrnx both use Samus, know a lot about her and have made several posts about her on this thread. Sorry, but almost everything you said here about her is either false, wrong, or are just blind assumptions.

Like I say, go back a few pages on this thread and read these posts for more detail, but to correct a few of your points here...

Some moves do have weird hitboxes, but that does not make them unusable. An example of this is Dash Attack, where the hitbox doesn't come out immediately. It doesn't make the move bad. In fact, its a fantastic variable combo starter, as the sweetspot and sourspot link into combos at low percent, and the sourspot links into combos at high percent, where as the sweetspot can kill. It can also cross up shields. Another example is Fsmash, that on some characters, can go through them when they are so close to Samus that they are virtually hugging her. But why is this a problem? Why would you use Fsmash on an opponent that close to you, when you have better, safer, quicker options? Dtilt and Up B are both better options in this situation for example because they are quicker. Besides, when using Fsmash, you are aiming to hit with the explosion on the end, so you should only be using it when you are in that range. Missiles are nowhere near as bad as you make out. Homing are good for edgeguards, and Super are powerful (before you say they don't kill, I never said they needed to. By powerful, I mean a projectile that deals 10% damage, and actually knocks the opponent into an unsafe position, as opposed to say Fireballs). And to say Bombs are useless just show how much you know about Samus... Bombs have many uses. Helpful for creating landings is one use, but their best use, and arguably one of the most important uses is Shield Breaking and finishing off stocks. If the opponent attempts to shield a Bomb, a Charge Shot will break their shield in one hit. Then to finish the stock off, all Samus needs to do is walk with the opponent to the edge, and plant a bomb infront of them, as when the bomb explodes, it knocks the opponent just off stage, and Samus can Dair them to finish the stock. Also, the shield changes in this patch means that Samus as a whole is better at breaking shields, so she doesn't need Bomb to Charge Shot to break a shield.

If you are interested, an example of the Bomb Shield Break AND finishing a stock with a Bomb is in this video, watch from 2:40... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US51XJ3zsHg

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
...her bad physics? Lack of ways to get people out of her space? Those are much deeper rooted problems which kill the character than "her bad hitboxes" or "missiles are bad". Not to say this is entirely off, it's just not that well-supported of a thought.
Samus's physics aren't that bad. They are very different to almost all (if not all) characters, so it's hard to get used to them. In fact, they help her with many things such as recovery, and being able to combo easily (though they can hinder her in terms of landing, but Samus has plenty of ways to get off the ledge safer than most characters, so its generally easier to go for the ledge).

Samus has a few reliable options to get people out of her space. Though it can be tough to shake off an opponent who is in on Samus, its entirely possible. Dtilt is fast and safe, and puts Samus in a safe position. Screw is also a great OoS option, and works at getting people off of her. I see many people complain that Fsmash misses occasionally on characters close up to her, but why on earth would a Samus player choose that over these 2 options that are quicker? In fact, a Bomb is enough to force a grounded opponent away, as they risk getting hit by one, putting Samus in a safer position, or they can shield it, and if Samus has a Charge Shot, they can kiss goodbye to their shield. There is some truth in what you said with this point, but she does have options.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
The tier is becoming more and more solid.
Incredible! Maybe ANYTHING can be fixed overtime.

Today I'm voting as a evil guy, because I really think this 3 characters don't belong with the others in their current tier.
:4wario: -1
:4pacman: -1
:4peach: -1
-------------------------------------------
Also, I did my personal tiers for all the versions of the game until now, and their current metagame that was showed.
But this last patch with the shield change... I just... I think it changed too much, a lot of MU's can be changed by consequence, so I'm pretty confused to build a 1.1.2 now.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
Very evil guy indeed. In my opinion, I think these 3 are fine where they are, but they do require very high skill to play correctly as opposed to say Roy and Villager in the same tier. You need good general skill and knowledge of the game, and be unpredictable to play Wario effectively, I know that much. Peach requires a lot of Peach specific skills, that are hard to master, and Pac-Man is hard to master in general, but when mastered, is scary (Abadango).

Also, I AM VOTING FOR DK, BANANAS WE SHALL HAVE!... well, the king of krocks shall have his moment!

Last edited:

Vapo

Smash Apprentice
:rosalina: +1 I personally believe she's at least number 2 in the game, if not purely because of Luma. She completely destroys projectile based characters and has a meatshield that doubles as an attacker.

:4tlink: +1 Same reasons as before. Being below Kirby despite last patch nerfing him even more is an insult. May seem like main bias but I think he's at least high tier 5/bottom tier 4, he beats quite a few characters above him.

:4feroy: +1 Just to make sure he doesn't move down two tiers.

edit: woops lol wrong roy

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Okay, this list has gotten WAY worse than it used to be. I listed all of its flaws here, in order of how drastic they are.

:4miigun: +1 Being a Mii Fighter doesn't make him bad. He is a camping character, and campers do well in this game. He has good matchups against quite a few people.
:4megaman: +1 In a way, Mega Man is broken. He has projectiles he shouldn't have for his neutral attack/forward tilt/forward aerial, forward smash, up aerial, and down aerial.
:4pacman: -1 Pac-Man is easy to use, but he isn't an entire tier above Lucario and Olimar, even if he is the best of the three.
:4mario: -1 Sure, Mario is good with combos, but that's pretty much all he has going for him. He's way too easily affected by tricks, such as R.O.B.'s Gyro to down aerial, or Jigglypuff's gimping.
:4miibrawl: +1 Too often underrated. At base, Mii Brawler is really fast and strong, which means he should be anywhere from middle tier to high tier.
:4dk: -1 I've said this before, I'll say it again. Donkey Kong is high tier 5 at the highest. He has bad matchups against anybody good with combos, speed, or projectiles. To name a few, this covers :4marth::4robinm::4miibrawl::4drmario::4littlemac:, who are all in lower tiers.
:4luigi: +1 Why is Luigi in tier 3? He's a combo master. He has great results in tournaments, and a wide array of kill options.
:4littlemac: +1 We all know he can't recover. So what? It's not like he instantly teleports off the stage at the start of every match. If we get knocked off the stage, he'll just jump and/or Jolt Haymaker back (the latter having a hitbox, making it difficult to punish). Given how fast he is, it'll be hard to get there in the first place. He's fast and strong, the flawless combo.
:4lucina: -1 See below.
:4marth: +1 He should be higher, like he was earlier. He has fast attacks that come before the vast majority of other attacks. His forward aerial is the perfect gimping tool, and he kills early with both the tipper and Shield Breaker. The latter is easy to land, and if it breaks a shield, it gives Marth a 100% chance of winning at a high enough percent.
:4bowserjr: -1 What did he do to get this high? Oh, I know. Absolutely nothing. His attacks are too easy to avoid.
:4shulk: +1 Monado Arts let him adapt to whoever he's fighting against, and he has good power, range, and recovery whether he uses them or not. And don't say "bad frame data". It's hard to punish him if he just sent you flying.

Now, these are my actual votes.

:4wiifit: -1 People think that just because someone gets buffed, that they are automatically top tier. That...isn't how it works. WFT doesn't have any strong traits, she just runs up and smacks you around. Her strongest attack (Sun Salutation) is easily avoidable, and Deep Breathing is easily punishable. Guys with reflectors and counters can really mess her up. Really, anyone can defeat her easily.
:4dedede: +1 King Dedede has many great traits. Great aerial motion, strong power, and great recovery. It's not too hard to hit people with your attacks, not even your strong ones like the forward smash or dash attack. Dedede has legendary gimping game, which can be accomplished using things like Gordos or dash attacks. With multiple jumps, he easily dodges attacks, and can punish with his neutral aerial. The only guys he does have trouble defeating are the fast characters, and even then, it requires the fastest characters that can combo well, like :4sonic::4fox:.

Here's a tier list that I just created.
View attachment 77029
You created the most stupid tier list in the world

Pit/Pittoo in D Tier?
Ryu, Bowser Jr., and Wii Fit not being good enough to be where they are now?
Diddy as the 2nd best?
Never make a tier list again

TimG57867

Smash Ace
Sorry if this is stated somewhere, but could someone tell me when this voting phase ends?

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
You created the most stupid tier list in the world

Pit/Pittoo in D Tier?
Ryu, Bowser Jr., and Wii Fit not being good enough to be where they are now?
Diddy as the 2nd best?
Never make a tier list again
"Never make a tier list again"... rather harsh I feel... but you are right with what you pointed out. I would also like pick faults with some other things in that post...

:4pacman: -1 Pac-Man is easy to use
:4mario: -1 Sure, Mario is good with combos, but that's pretty much all he has going for him
:4miibrawl: +1
:4dk: -1
:4lucina: -1
:4marth: +1
:4wiifit: -1 Her strongest attack (Sun Salutation) is easily avoidable
:4dedede: +1 Great aerial motion
View attachment 77029
- Pac-Man may be easy to use, but incredibly hard to master,
- Saying all Mario has is good combos is pathetic. Lets not forget his strong gimp game, great mobility, and general ease of use.
- This is a customs off tier list, and Mii's are assumed medium, that is perhaps the reason the Brawler is so low.
- DK is fine where he is. He doesn't have any glaringly bad matchups, and the Ding Dong combo is enough to keep him mid tier.
- The recent patch virtually removed all of Luigi's grab kill confirms. Still good, but no longer one of the best in the game.
- I don't understand how you vote Marth up and Lucina down. Ther is not that much difference in them, at all. Marth has tipper, yes, but that doesn't mean there should be a 2 tier gap between them.
-Sun Salutation is not Wii Fit's strongest attack, and it never has been.
-King Dedede and great aerial motion... not something you usually hear when regarding a character with the 3rd lowest air speed.
-Ryu... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltU09aKM8Dk - watch at 10:55. The fact that Ryu can kill at low percents such as 52% just by landing one hit is enough to land him in high tier. See Ryu just jumping around? Mario knows that if he does something wrong it's game over. The mindgames are real. Also, the recent shield changes from 1.1.1 also benefit him more as his moves are now even more safe on shield, and has an instant shield break move.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
- I don't understand how you vote Marth up and Lucina down. Ther is not that much difference in them, at all. Marth has tipper, yes, but that doesn't mean there should be a 2 tier gap between them.
That one was a typo.
Then what is?
-King Dedede and great aerial motion... not something you usually hear when regarding a character with the 3rd lowest air speed.
I'm referring more to his multiple jumps, which also give him great recovery and good punishes.

Browny

Smash Hater
Sorry if this is stated somewhere, but could someone tell me when this voting phase ends?
1-2 days, when I get around to it.

People posting their own tier lists... its fine, but don't abuse other people for putting up their tier list, the mods will rightfully come down on you.

Wintermelon43 Wintermelon43 It's the last one, the next phase will allow us to send people up/down tiers again so dont worry.

Btw heres a challenge I put out to the tactical boards; For anyone that votes marth as high tier, do you know of any youtube matches of a marth actually winning in a tournament match, that wasnt a joke match vs lucina or another marth? You have to really dig deep to find such rare footage, especially recently. lol.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
"Never make a tier list again"... rather harsh I feel... but you are right with what you pointed out. I would also like pick faults with some other things in that post...

- Pac-Man may be easy to use, but incredibly hard to master,
- Saying all Mario has is good combos is pathetic. Lets not forget his strong gimp game, great mobility, and general ease of use.
- This is a customs off tier list, and Mii's are assumed medium, that is perhaps the reason the Brawler is so low.
- DK is fine where he is. He doesn't have any glaringly bad matchups, and the Ding Dong combo is enough to keep him mid tier.
- The recent patch virtually removed all of Luigi's grab kill confirms. Still good, but no longer one of the best in the game.
-Ryu... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltU09aKM8Dk - watch at 10:55. The fact that Ryu can kill at low percents such as 52% just by landing one hit is enough to land him in high tier. See Ryu just jumping around? Mario knows that if he does something wrong it's game over. The mindgames are real. Also, the recent shield changes from 1.1.1 also benefit him more as his moves are now even more safe on shield, and has an instant shield break move.
I don't want to remember it

Seige

Smash Cadet
Btw heres a challenge I put out to the tactical boards; For anyone that votes marth as high tier, do you know of any youtube matches of a marth actually winning in a tournament match, that wasnt a joke match vs lucina or another marth? You have to really dig deep to find such rare footage, especially recently. lol.
Any tournament match? Is that all?

Top Bottom