• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I think a tier list for Smash 4 should have 5 tiers at the least (would probably get too crowded otherwise), and 8 tiers at the most (it probably doesn't need to spread any farther out). That's just my two cents, though.

I'll put in a vote for 7 tiers.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
5 tiers.
S - Sheik tier
A - High tier
B - Mid tier
C - Low tier
D - Bottom tier
:4drmario: +1 tier. Sorry, Jigglypuff.

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
It's ideal to have a higher number of tiers since the roster size is enormous at this point and will only get bigger for the foreseeable future. Having too few tiers will cause issues of certain characters being in the same tier as much better or worse characters and will confuse people.

Seven is preferable but six wouldn't be too bad.

CleanOgre

Smash Cadet
NNID
CleanOgre
6 Tiers
A - Top
B - High
C - Middle
D - Low
E - Bottom
F - Negligible

- :4yoshi:

Cheap Shot

Smash Cadet
+ :4gaw:

I like 4 tiers normally, but 7 seems like it may be more appropriate with the massive and continually expanding roster.

Pherae77

Smash Cadet
Told you Roy was going down like two tiers. Come on guys. This concept is never going to work if you don't look at each others' votes. Ike is WAY too high, Roy (and maybe Marth) are way too low. Falco is my secondary is he is NOT better than Roy.

6 tiers

:4feroy:+1

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

I think 7 tiers is great the way it is.

Top - High - High mid - Mid mid - Low mid - Low - Bottom

Also as much as I hate the guy, I think Luigi deserves that +1.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I'll vote for there to be 6 tiers because I personally don't believe that any character is useless in this game so there doesn't really need to be a trash/garbage tier. I feel like it's impossible to decipher the worst character in the game. They just start to blend together when it gets to the bottom 10 or even 15, and there's no character that stands out to me as being the worst.

I'd give the + to :4luigi:. He's still a very good character. He's still combo heavy, has good spacing tools, fast aerials that can break combos, and decent frame data in general. I think subtracting him to tier 4 was a bit of an overreaction.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
Browny Browny Just wondering, but for the next version of the tier list, are you considering allowing custom moves, or possibly (if it wouldn't be too much work) having a separate list for it? I'd like to see what the community thinks of the custom move standings, as I have my personal opinions but unlike the non-custom list, I don't have anything to compare it to.

Browny

Smash Hater
I plan to allow all custom moves for Miis, but not for other characters, it would be too complicated to manage 2 lists like that.

Seige

Smash Cadet
Look we already specified our reasons on Lucina and Marth. Let's not continue.

I'm thinking 7 is fine tbh http://prntscr.com/8p0wks how my tiers would look blah blah etc so 7 works fine for me.

So I'm torn between :4sonic: :4darkpit:and :4link: but since :4link: is the most far down and deserves to be with :4tlink: at the very least(keep in mind I started a TL main in Brawl so Link was my transition in this game due to better kills and no bouncing on down air on TL)

:4link:+1 Not that it'll do much eh?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I plan to allow all custom moves for Miis, but not for other characters, it would be too complicated to manage 2 lists like that.
What about Palutena then? She's way better with customs anyways

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
Making more tiers will make things even more confusing, which in reality its pretty simple.

+1:4pacman:

4 tiers

1. Top ( actual tier 1)
2. High ( tiers 2-3 merged)
3. Mid ( tiers 4-5 merged)
4. Low (6 -7 merged)

Short reasoning :

Tier 1: all characters that have no bad MU or if they do are sorta winnable. Too many advantages
Tier 2: characters that overall are good but there are a couple of bad MU or a semi-big flaw within their moveset/ MU.
Tier 3: characters that will require a secondary to cover the possible bad MU. Some of them might have good advantages but some hindering flaws.
Tier 4: characters that struggle against most characters, they might have some advantages but their flaws are too big and these overshadow the good things.

Edit: i dont think theres a character that is absolutely garbage.

Last edited:

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Can somebody explain to me how Ike jumped up to top 11?

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
What about Palutena then? She's way better with customs anyways
I don't get the argument that Palutena is any different than other characters when it comes to customs. Why should she get to use them and others not?

DarkK

Smash Apprentice
I don't get the argument that Palutena is any different than other characters when it comes to customs. Why should she get to use them and others not?
I suppose it's because that, like the Miis, her customs are available from the start, meaning that no one can complain about the random factor of unlocking custom moves, which leads to people not being able to practice with them.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
I suppose it's because that, like the Miis, her customs are available from the start, meaning that no one can complain about the random factor of unlocking custom moves, which leads to people not being able to practice with them.
Yes but that gives Palutena an unfair advantage. Sure she's pretty crappy without them and gets much better, but so do a lot of characters. Just because she has access to them doesn't mean that she should get special privileges. I'm kinda on the fence with the Mii's though. For the same reason as Palutena I would say If everyone is stuck to basics, so are they. But also for me the Mii's as a character we're never meant to have a standard special set. This is shown all the more because if customs are off, you can still choose Mii's with non-1111 sets. With Palutena, you can't.

I dunno. Personally, I would prefer that ALL customs be allowed ( I know, unpopular opinion but thats how I feel). I get the argument that they are hard to unlock and TO's would have a tough time but I still love 'em.

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
Yes but that gives Palutena an unfair advantage. Sure she's pretty crappy without them and gets much better, but so do a lot of characters. Just because she has access to them doesn't mean that she should get special privileges. I'm kinda on the fence with the Mii's though. For the same reason as Palutena I would say If everyone is stuck to basics, so are they. But also for me the Mii's as a character we're never meant to have a standard special set. This is shown all the more because if customs are off, you can still choose Mii's with non-1111 sets. With Palutena, you can't.

I dunno. Personally, I would prefer that ALL customs be allowed ( I know, unpopular opinion but thats how I feel). I get the argument that they are hard to unlock and TO's would have a tough time but I still love 'em.
She goes from being bad to good, not amazing. Even with customs she barely scrapes high tier and I don't see the problem with having another viable character.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
Didn't you just argue on the previous page that the tipper on Marth's blade doesn't put him a whole tier above Lucina?

Anyway, I would say either 6 or 7 tiers, and I'll keep my vote for now. BTW, how many votes are needed to move a character up? I ask this because :4ganondorf: got 5 votes last voting period but he remained on the same tier, unless there was a now non-existent 8th tier where Ganon was placed?
Regarding Marth and Lucina, I think Marth is rather low down in tier 4, and in my eyes, Lucina would be at the top, or near the top of tier 5, so though it is a tier gap, it would be like 2 or 3 spaces in the list as a whole, so in reality its not very different.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Unlike alot of the other characters, Palutena's customs aren't broken and make her aloft better(makes her a solid mid tier character).

Top Bottom