• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

BSP

Smash Legend
I know, but they wont let me post it there because they dont think this is legit. so im waiting till I can prove this is a popular thread that has its place.

Updating now...
That doesn't make any sense. This is essentially the character impressions thread, except you're tracking opinions. Maybe up the post quality to include at least some explanation for your votes, and it's basically the same thing.

I also think people are misunderstanding a bit. IE, I'm seeing -1's for Falcon at the moment. Unless you're trying to suggest that Falcon is mid tier or lower, he shouldn't be getting any -1's.

Browny said:
We want to spread the list out from ranks 1-51 so dont stop until a top tier character is 51 while the worst is 1 and dont get complacent! Any character can be moved at any time with enough down votes.

If Rosalina is sitting at #1 and in one update period she gets a single downvote, she could get sent down to #2 is no one votes her back up. Thats part of the fun! It keeps this list highly dynamic.
OK, you lost me. 51 is the best position, and 1 is the worst?

Edit: Ok, then edit this example then. If I'm understanding right, it should be If Rosaluma is at 51 and gets a -1, she'll fall to 50 unless she gets a +1.

Last edited:

Browny

Smash Hater
I am aware the confusion there, but think about it, when we +1 a character, that implies we are rating them better.

Therefore if a +1 vote gave the character a lower number... it makes no sense. I mean I could scrap the numbers thing altogether and just have + vote sends them higher. Would that make more sense?

-edit- I just did that, I think its better now.

As for your example, yes thats right. It is the drive which sends top tier characters upwards. To avoid them being sent down a tier, it is recommended to keep sending them upwards so they have at least a 1-space buffer between them and the next. As they are forced upwards, the entire cast is stretched upwards too, making the list more spread out.

I'm going to try get it in the tactical board now.

Last edited:

Minty_

Smash Apprentice
+ Wii Fit Trainer
+ Diddy Kong
+ Villager
+ Samus
+ Mii Gunner

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
Yes; Ness is actually quite good in this iteration of Smash Bros. Been many Ness players reaching grand finals.

Browny

Smash Hater
I got this game now I can vote :)

After this I will update the list.

zss -1
jpuff -1
falco -1
diddy +1
marth -1

@ Luigi#1 Luigi#1 yes

Last edited:

Iron Kraken

Smash Journeyman
:4diddy:+1
:4yoshi:+1
:4fox:+1
:4marth:-1
:4lucina:-1

I also want to give +1s to :4falco: and :4darkpit:, but ran out of votes.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Wouldn't call this an accurate tier list. This is really just an effective popularity contest. Seeing people upvote characters that are garbage.

:4drmario:+1
:4mario:+1
:4fox:+1
:4dedede:+1
:4bowser:+1
:4ness:+1
:4olimar:-1
:4luigi:-1
:4marth:-1
:4wiifit:-1
:4lucario:-1
:4palutena:-1
:4samus:-1

Last edited:

Iron Kraken

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't call this an accurate tier list. This is really just an effective popularity contest. Seeing people upvote characters that are garbage.
Keep in mind the goal is to place characters where you think they should be placed. For example, in the last round I upvoted Dedede not because I think he's better than average, but because I think he was placed too low.

I disagree with a lot of individual votes as well, but overall the tier list is looking better with each passing voting period.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Zero Suit Samus +1
Falco +1
Dark Pit +1
Mega Man -1
Lucario -1

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
:4kirby: -1
:4tlink: -1
:4palutena: -1
:4samus: -1
:4wario: -1

Nothing against these characters personally, but may as well put some votes on the tier with the largest amount of characters in it as of this version since I don't see them stacking up to most of the roster. Of course this may change in future tournaments and I'll look forward to seeing it.

LF {Ess}

Smash Rookie
:4jigglypuff::4luigi::4marth::4wario::4littlemac::4charizard::4kirby::4lucina::4miibrawl::4samus::4myfriends::4dedede::4miigun::4palutena::4tlink::4villager:
(this tier is very big, it goes from jigglypuff to villager. Try to vote to spread this tier out, preferably send some of them downwards to fill up the lower ranks)
Alright...

:4littlemac: +1
:4jigglypuff: +1
:4charizard: +1
:4luigi: -1
:4samus: -1

Last edited:
Top Bottom