• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
Why is Ness at the bottom tier with all the characters who got minus votes? Ness got the same number of plus votes as Mario, and got no minus votes at all, because he's very good in this game. He should at least be in the upper mid tier. Having seen what Nakat and FOW can do with him, he's certainly no slouch in this game.

Aside from that, I don't think the tier lists need to be moved much at all. That's pretty accurate.

Just this:

+1 Ness
+1 Charizard
+1 Pac Man
+1 Greninja
+1 Sheik

Last edited:

FoxMcClown

Smash Rookie
+ Captain Falcon (thank god brawl is history)

+ Ganondorf (Actually playable now, not anywhere the best, but has a shot at anyone with some of the strongest punish in the game, very little lag on most of them too, rage also favor him quiet a bit. I sent a captain falcon meteor with a warlock kick while he was at 35%, he was juggling me for a while, missed the knee and got punished mid air lol.)

+Ness (the backthrow is back. Pk fire+ thunder edge guarding is ridiculous.)

+Robin (ridiculous control character in good hands)

+Zero Suit Samus (not really sure what to think, she was already powerful and she was improved of all things. More kill options, same crazy mobility, different but still many combo options, very little weaknesses to exploit, some ability have so little lag.)

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Marth +1
Dr. Mario -1
Wii Fit Trainer -1
Mario -1
Mii Brawler -1

Browny

Smash Hater
Why is Ness at the bottom tier with all the characters who got minus votes? Ness got the same number of plus votes as Mario, and got no minus votes at all, because he's very good in this game. He should at least be in the upper mid tier. Having seen what Nakat and FOW can do with him, he's certainly no slouch in this game.

Aside from that, I don't think the tier lists need to be moved much at all. That's pretty accurate.

Just this:

+1 Ness
+1 Charizard
+1 Pac Man
+1 Greninja
+1 Sheik
I will double check my numbers for Ness right now
-

Good call, I did mess up the +1 for Ness. Im pretty sure that was the only one...

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
+ Shulk
+ Zero Suit Samus
+ Sonic
+ Rosalina & Luma

- Kirby :(

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Diddy +1
Sheik +1
Rosaluma +1
Ness +1
Yoshi +1

Yay for being predictable and boring!

Last edited:

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Is it possible, perhaps, that this system is flawed because people are biased towards their mains? The problem is that people will vote their characters up because they cannot be aware of the full potential of every other character compared to their own character(s).

But I know the tier list needs a place to start, and doing this is much better than doing nothing. Just keep in mind that it will have to undergo A LOT of refinement through tournament results and meta development.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
:4shulk: +1 : 1.04 Patch was very kind to Shulk and overall made him stronger and have better connecting moves. His Speed and Buster arts especially got buffed: Speed now having a 0.8x damage multiplier (think old Shulk's damage) with the same ridiculous speed and Buster now having Shulk take 1.13x damage instead of 1.2x.

:4diddy: +1 : He's slowly but surely becoming one of the best in the game with a nice air game and bananas. Seriously those Up Airs man.

:4robinm:/:4robinf: +1 : ZSS infinite glitch gone and finally being able to grab ledges when recovering backwards with El Wind. Also a very good projectile user with Thunder and Fire tomes.

:4megaman: -1 : As much as I love Mega Man I personally don't see him doing as well as a lot of other characters in Smash. His Rush Cancel isn't as instant and almost entirely projectile-based moveset means that he's extremely unorthodox to play as. I will agree that he can be good with the right player, heck this applies to all the characters, but those players definitely need to work much harder than others.

:4littlemac: -1 : Pretty self-explanatory given the general new FG Mac player. Sakurai's article on Little Mac's online win/loss ratio should be more than enough of an explanation on my reasoning.

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
Is it possible, perhaps, that this system is flawed because people are biased towards their mains? The problem is that people will vote their characters up because they cannot be aware of the full potential of every other character compared to their own character(s).

But I know the tier list needs a place to start, and doing this is much better than doing nothing. Just keep in mind that it will have to undergo A LOT of refinement through tournament results and meta development.
Most people don't have 5 mains, and looking at who people are voting for, tournament results are playing a much larger factor in who gets what votes than anything else. I don't play Rosaluma, Sheik, or Diddy, but I can't deny that those three are good. I also don't really play Pac Man, and while he's probably not amazing, I do think he's at least mid tier.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Will be at the 3rd vote by the time the 29th rolls around. :lol:
And for the J.ap people of the 6th? It'll be the last day of the 7th voting period by the time they get the game.
The game will not die tomorrow, you can give people more than 48 hours to vote. And if the tier lists are not perfect by tomorrow the world will not end. Give it a little time.
That's just crazy. But my feelings on this are already known so I'll leave it there.

Last edited:

Zacko

Smash Cadet
+1 Rosalina
+1 Sheik
+1 ZSS
-1 Wii Fit Trainer
-1 Meta Knight
-1 DK

Browny

Smash Hater

All systems are flawed, and yes it will be biased.

However while people are biased towards their mains, I believe that just as often they are negatively biased too. A significant amount people believe that their character is harder to win with. In brawl you would find many snake and IC mains say their character was lower on the tier list because they werent 'easy mode' like MK or falco. Surely you would admit, if your main is high tier but you struggle to win with them, wouldnt you think they should be lower?

I believe that my system introduces the least amount of bias possible because no matter how biased someone is to their main, the majority of people have to be biased, otherwise nothing will happen!

For example in the current SWF way of making tier lists, if 8 people say Greninja is 10th in a the game but two people say he is 2nd, then he would average out to be 8th on the list. In my method, Greninja stays 10th. The ONLY way he can move up, is if at least 6 out of 10 people vote him higher than 10th.

In this way, it completely negates a single persons bias.

Minty_

Smash Apprentice
+ Mii Gunner
+ Greninja
+ Meta Knight
+ Pac-Man
- Ganondorf

Last edited:

Browny

Smash Hater
Will be at the 3rd vote by the time the 29th rolls around. :lol:
And for the J.ap people of the 6th? It'll be the last day of the 7th voting period by the time they get the game.
The game will not die tomorrow, you can give people more than 48 hours to vote. And if the tier lists are not perfect by tomorrow the world will not end. Give it a little time.
That's just crazy. But my feelings on this are already known so I'll leave it there.
Honestly, Id like to. But it takes a long time to do one update. If I waited that long it would take me like... hours, to do the maths and tally up every single vote. it already takes like 20 minutes to do a days worth.

Im not even voting on my own thread because I dont own it.

Its just not feasible to wait so long between votes.

also, updating op. third round...

it slows down after the first few rounds usually to become around 3 times a week.

D

Deleted member 269706

+1 Lucina
+1 Greninja
-1 Luigi
-1 Link
-1 Charizard

Last edited by a moderator:

Koggy

Yoshi Adept
+1 Yoshi
+1 Bowser Jr.
+1 Lucina
+1 Bowser
-1 Diddy Kong. Overrated in my opinion, but then again, I've yet to play one that I couldn't beat.

Top Bottom