• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

D

Deleted member

Dedede got no changes again.

Why do I still play this character LOL

Furret24

Smash Master
What a dry patch. Only 11 out of 56 characters got any changes. Only 5 of those got more than two changes.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
hey at least they decreased the weight of the Super Bash Sisters by 1

Also Bayonetta is so dumb and so good. I was probably right in assuming she was top 15 LOL

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
Please don't tell me they nerfed Rosalina...
They didn't but they should have.

Anyway, where would everyone put Corrin on first impression? I feel pretty sure that Bayo is top 15 so it's really down to where Corrin is now. I would say he's maybe high-mid.

He has a lot of pros:

• U-air that kills below 100%
  • Decent recovery that can be angled and kills
  • Pretty good mobility
  • A projectile that stuns
  • Side-Special
  • Good overall aerial game
  • Angled F-smash is crazy since you can hit even low hanging ledge-grabbing opponents
  • Smashes with powerful tippers (albeit weaker than Marth's)
And some cons too:

• Rather slow running speed
  • Smash attacks need to be tippered to kill at any reasonable percent
  • Recovery is definitely gimp-able
  • No throw followups
  • Few actual combos
  • Not THAT much overall power
  • Has to play pretty defensive
These are just my first impressions but I think a lot of these things will affect Corrin in the long-run. Tell me your thoughts, people.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
I heard from my friend (the one that made a thread in the Welcome Centre just yesterday) that Luma's respawn timer got increased from 13 to 20.
Can anyone confirm this? Is this true? Really?

Routa

Smash Lord
I would compare his/her recovery to that of a Roy's. Their U-specials can be agled to gain some more horizontal distance, but his/her vertical recovery is pretty meh. He/she does have his/her Bair, but it doesn't improve his/her recovery as much as Roy's air speed.

Even tho he/she has powerful moves it is still hard to land them due to his/her poor speed. But overall I think he/she is in mid tier. Nothing super special about him/her.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
I would compare his/her recovery to that of a Roy's. Their U-specials can be agled to gain some more horizontal distance, but his/her vertical recovery is pretty meh. He/she does have his/her Bair, but it doesn't improve his/her recovery as much as Roy's air speed.

Even tho he/she has powerful moves it is still hard to land them due to his/her poor speed. But overall I think he/she is in mid tier. Nothing super special about him/her.
My thoughts exactly.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Please don't tell me they nerfed Rosalina...
It's a weight nerf, where Rosalina now has the exact same weight as Kirby. However, because Kirby falls slightly faster than Rosalina, this now means that Rosalina can actually get KO'd sooner than Kirby.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
:4jigglypuff: didn't get a single buff this patch, which also means she got nothing throughout the entire game, that's just great.

Anyways, I'm confused why they even bothered nerfing Rosalina&Luma, Sheik, and Zero Suit Samus if all they did was change their weight by one point, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's just negligible to the point where I doubt it really changed anything, it's honestly confusing to me why they'd even get nerfed if all it was going to be was just a slap on the wrist?

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Wow! Sheik, ZSS and Rosa probably die 2% earlier now!
Honestly, that's so insignificant I can't even think of a witty joke to make about it! They might as well not have changed anything if they were to do that, it almost makes them look like they don't give less of a crap!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Anyways, I'm confused why they even bothered nerfing Rosalina&Luma, Sheik, and Zero Suit Samus if all they did was change their weight by one point, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's just negligible to the point where I doubt it really changed anything, it's honestly confusing to me why they'd even get nerfed if all it was going to be was just a slap on the wrist?
The weight drop actually does make a difference, as it can make a fighter get KO'd sooner than before, even if the damage difference is very minimal. This does hurt Rosalina, since she can actually get KO'd sooner than Kirby now; Kirby falls at faster speed, despite having the same weight.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Wow! Sheik, ZSS and Rosa probably die 2% earlier now!
Honestly, that's so insignificant I can't even think of a witty joke to make about it! They might as well not have changed anything if they were to do that, it almost makes them look like they don't give less of a crap!
:4jigglypuff: didn't get a single buff this patch, which also means she got nothing throughout the entire game, that's just great.

It's so that ZSS and Meta Knight's Up-Bs KO even sooner on the top 3

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Actually, think about it
Since they get knocked back a bit farther due to their decreased weight, doesn't it mean it'll be slightly HARDER for some cbaracters to combo them?
Is this secretly a buff and not a nerf?

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Apprantatly Sonic's weight was also decreased by one, and Ganondorf and Kirby's weight was increased by 1 and 2 respectivly.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
They didn't but they should have.

Anyway, where would everyone put Corrin on first impression? I feel pretty sure that Bayo is top 15 so it's really down to where Corrin is now. I would say he's maybe high-mid.

He has a lot of pros:

• U-air that kills below 100%
  • Decent recovery that can be angled and kills
  • Pretty good mobility
  • A projectile that stuns
  • Side-Special
  • Good overall aerial game
  • Angled F-smash is crazy since you can hit even low hanging ledge-grabbing opponents
  • Smashes with powerful tippers (albeit weaker than Marth's)
And some cons too:

• Rather slow running speed
  • Smash attacks need to be tippered to kill at any reasonable percent
  • Recovery is definitely gimp-able
  • No throw followups
  • Few actual combos
  • Not THAT much overall power
  • Has to play pretty defensive
These are just my first impressions but I think a lot of these things will affect Corrin in the long-run. Tell me your thoughts, people.
The last to are wrong. Corrin has tremendous kill power and i feel offensive if the best style or mix up with DL

Routa

Smash Lord
It also affects some throws that are weight depend. But yeah the nerf has pretty much 0 impact how we play against them.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Bayonetta's Fair can combo. The 1st hit propells you so you can stop it then do another one. I don't know how many times this works, but it still looks good.

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Corrin seems much more solid with Vertical combos than Horizontal ones, as most of their moves will send you upwards.

Last edited:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
I haven't noticed much kill power from Corrin. It seems you have to get very creative to get kills if you don't want to go fishing.
Down throw kills at around 130% from a platform. Up air can kill as early as 96% on Sheik. Sweetspotted Side-B kills at 110. Up B can kill you at less than 60 hear the blastzone [which if fairly achievable when all 3 tilts, forward air, and up air send you upwards, mind you.]

there you go. Kill options that aren't too difficult to hit if you play right.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The lighter the weirder for Rosalina

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
I haven't noticed much kill power from Corrin. It seems you have to get very creative to get kills if you don't want to go fishing.
Allow me to name multiple kill options I have encountered

Down Throw
Uair
DL Sweet Spot
DL Front Kick
DL Back Kick
Foward Smash
Up-B
Counter(Thought not the BEST option.)
Bair

A lot of those are easier to get than others, but i rarely had trouble getting kills. Bayonetta has more trouble for me imo.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
Down throw kills at around 130% from a platform. Up air can kill as early as 96% on Sheik. Sweetspotted Side-B kills at 110. Up B can kill you at less than 60 hear the blastzone [which if fairly achievable when all 3 tilts, forward air, and up air send you upwards, mind you.]

there you go. Kill options that aren't too difficult to hit if you play right.
You make a point. I definitely feel like Corrin is kind of unique in his/her KO methods, though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The lighter the weirder for Rosalina
Sometimes I think the world just hates Rosalina, and wants her to suffer by making her balloon light. Weight portrayals sure have changed since Brawl; Brawl's top 5 lightest fighters were all shorter than Zero Suit Samus.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
So it seems that :4sheik:'s up B has less knockback growth. Great...another nerf that didn't actually change what was broken about her. Nintendo, it's her ridiculous combos and damage building that break her, not her kill power!

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
So it seems that :4sheik:'s up B has less knockback growth. Great...another nerf that didn't actually change what was broken about her. Nintendo, it's her ridiculous combos and damage building that break her, not her kill power!
I feel to need to point out that Sheik's playstyle is supposed to be extremely safe and easy damage racking with very few kill options. So from nintendo's perspective, this is nerfing her.

Top Bottom