• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Yeah, my friend that mains ZSS is kinda losing his mind over it.
I don't think it's that big, but I do'nt know many ZSS mains that can educate me on that.

D

Deleted member

I really wish we could start voting soon so this thread actually has something interesting happening in it, lol

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm not one of them though. I have nothing against Palutena, except for how poor her moveset is in this game.
Well then that's 1 Rosa player the surprisingly likes her(never thought that'd ever be a thing)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Dark Pit is objectively better than Pit because of his edgy factor.
Yet his edginess is what gets his ass handed to him by Pit(twice), Bayonetta, Chaos Kin, Rosalina, and Palutena.

itsmeMOB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
itsmeMOB
ZSS's Boost Kick isn't so bad to her but it is a significant nerf to her. I don't think it'll destroy her placement, though.

Bayonetta looks like a top 10 character and Corrin looks like a very solid mid-high character.

Newtonjar

Smash Cadet
The one thing that causes me to hesitate in being hyped with bayonetta's potential is the fact that for all her tools she has very lack luster frame data. Until I see her perform well at tournements I will remain skeptical.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
I played Bayo and Corrin today, but I'll focus on Bayo more.
It seems that all of her AMAZING MASSIVELY OVERPOWERED AWESOME COMBOS can be escaped one way or the other. DI, SDI, quick aerial moves, Counters, even airdodge and jumping seem to work sometimes.
Leaves me pretty skeptical about how effective her combos truly are.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
she has a lot of ways to extend it though to cover DI/escape options. jc witch twist, divekick, bair, nair, etc.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
We need to see how we players adapt to her combos as her meta evolves, really. It's way too early to judge anything.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
I played Bayo and Corrin today, but I'll focus on Bayo more.
It seems that all of her AMAZING MASSIVELY OVERPOWERED AWESOME COMBOS can be escaped one way or the other. DI, SDI, quick aerial moves, Counters, even airdodge and jumping seem to work sometimes.
Leaves me pretty skeptical about how effective her combos truly are.
I must say, I've basically never seen a combo of hers with more than 2-3 hits that I can't escape easily with SDI or even an airdodge. It's as if she has no bread and butter. I think it's definitely going to hurt her in the long run, since basically any decent player can SDI to a certain extent. That means that once people figure out all of her combos, they won't work anymore.

Another thing I noticed is how inconsistent Side-Special is. Sometimes it traps you for long enough to follow up with another but other times it releases you halfway through (wether you SDI or not).

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
People say that Bayonetta players will keep finding more combos and more ways to kill off of them and that's gonna make her go near the top of the tier list.
They're forgetting that the people who don't play Bayo are gonna be learning to escape her combos in the meanwhile.
It's not like the only people that'll be learning the character are the people who are gonna play her.
Sure, she might still be very good, but it's too early to say she'll be extremely good.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
People say that Bayonetta players will keep finding more combos and more ways to kill off of them and that's gonna make her go near the top of the tier list.
They're forgetting that the people who don't play Bayo are gonna be learning to escape her combos in the meanwhile.
It's not like the only people that'll be learning the character are the people who are gonna play her.
Sure, she might still be very good, but it's too early to say she'll be extremely good.
Well, I just think it doesn't matter how many combos they find if none of them are true. A top tier character like ZSS has bread and butter combos that work every time if they are started. I think Bayo's lack of something like that will hold her back.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did purchase Corrin yesterday, and saw some things that made me wonder how far he'll go in the rankings. One notable dilemma is his recovery, where Corrin has to watch out for low angled knockback attacks. Because Corrin's air speed is mediocre, you'd have to use Draconic Ascent to try to recover, but even that could fall short if Corrin gets sent flying too far at a low angle. The story could've been different if Corrin's air speed was better though.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
I did purchase Corrin yesterday, and saw some things that made me wonder how far he'll go in the rankings. One notable dilemma is his recovery, where Corrin has to watch out for low angled knockback attacks. Because Corrin's air speed is mediocre, you'd have to use Draconic Ascent to try to recover, but even that could fall short if Corrin gets sent flying too far at a low angle. The story could've been different if Corrin's air speed was better though.
Allow me to give my thoughts. I have rarely had to deal with recovery issues besides on Lylat and UCT. I think their jumps are high and I can normally get back on stage. Stages with a wall you can DL and then jump, but it still is a mediocre recovery.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Allow me to give my thoughts. I have rarely had to deal with recovery issues besides on Lylat and UCT. I think their jumps are high and I can normally get back on stage. Stages with a wall you can DL and then jump, but it still is a mediocre recovery.
Yeah there are probably some things that I'm overlooking with Draconic Ascent. I tried experimenting with equipment by using the Glider bonus effect to improve Corrin's air speed, but I also took a gambit with the Anchor Jump bonus effect's falling speed increase, just to see if the air speed increase can overcome the falling speed increase. Suffice to say, Corrin still managed to fully recover, but if he's sent flying too far at a low angle (most notably, below any ledges), then that's where things begin to fall apart.

Routa

Smash Lord
I like to compare his/her recovery to that of Roy's. Great horizontal range, but like Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy said if sent in low angle... Well say goodbye to your stock. I would say say his/her recovery is a bit weaker than Roy's due to his/her low air speed. His recovery is is hard to challenge with aerials due to his/her superior range, but he is weak to projectiles and weak to counters in same way as Roy due to his powerful up-b.
I can see him/her having a problem with quick characters with projectiles/reflector/counter.

I do agree it is a bit too early to place Corrin and Bayonetta in the tier list. But if I had to place them with the current knowledge about them... I could see Bayonetta in the top 15 and Corrin near Ike.

Also I think we will get at least 1 more patch. Corrin is glitchy as ****.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
I like to compare his/her recovery to that of Roy's. Great horizontal range, but like Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy said if sent in low angle... Well say goodbye to your stock. I would say say his/her recovery is a bit weaker than Roy's due to his/her low air speed. His recovery is is hard to challenge with aerials due to his/her superior range, but he is weak to projectiles and weak to counters in same way as Roy due to his powerful up-b.
I can see him/her having a problem with quick characters with projectiles/reflector/counter.

I do agree it is a bit too early to place Corrin and Bayonetta in the tier list. But if I had to place them with the current knowledge about them... I could see Bayonetta in the top 15 and Corrin near Ike.

Also I think we will get at least 1 more patch. Corrin is glitchy as ****.
We don't need another patch. Another patch needs corrin. Don't nerf my Femui D:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Corrin is still awesome to play as

Top Bottom