• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
Okay, so after Genesis and watching other tourneys, I have more.

My tier list is based on my experiences with the character, the tools they have/MU spread, and what I've seen competitively (for at least the HIGHER tiered characters). I'm now going to exclude the Miis because of the whole moveset controversy and because they've always been up for debate.

S: :4sheik::4zss:
A+: :rosalina::4sonic::4pikachu::4metaknight:
A: :4ryu::4fox::4mario::4villager::4ness:
A-: :4diddy::4luigi::4falcon::4yoshi:
B+: :4pacman::4megaman::4cloud::4lucas::4peach::4wario:
B: :4pit::4darkpit::4tlink::4greninja::4rob::4feroy::4olimar:
B-: :4link: :4lucario::4myfriends::4falco:
C+: :4kirby::4shulk::4littlemac::4marth::4dedede::4lucina::4bowser::4dk::4charizard:
C: :4wiifit::4duckhunt::4robinm::4drmario::4gaw::4ganondorf::4mewtwo::4samus:
C-: :4bowserjr::4palutena::4jigglypuff::4zelda:

Projected?:

A- to B-: :4bayonetta:
B?: :4corrin:
Switch shulk with Bowser, then he's in the perfect spot. Also, Game and Watch deserves to be higher after what we saw of Regi at Genesis 3

itsmeMOB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
itsmeMOB
Switch shulk with Bowser, then he's in the perfect spot. Also, Game and Watch deserves to be higher after what we saw of Regi at Genesis 3
G&W is a very niche character. He's not too bad but his weight hold him down a ton as well, including things like his specials too. RNG with Judgment isn't the best thing in the world because it's random, so he's a very risky character to play in that aspect as well.

Part of my reasoning for Shulk being higher there is because of the Monado. Monado makes him a lot more unpredictable and increases/decreases a lot of his frame data depending on what Monado you use.

Last edited:

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
G&W is a very niche character. He's not too bad but his weight hold him down a ton as well, including things like his specials too. RNG with Judgment isn't the best thing in the world because it's random, so he's a very risky character to play in that aspect as well.
Um, bucket is amazing for absorbing, and while Bacon may not be the best, most Game and watches use his air attacks and uptilt. Down tilt also hinders recovery. Game and watch is underrated in the U.S. But Mexico has shown us otherwise.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
I'm am literally bored out of my brains, so I'm just gonna post what I think about each character and how they will move throughout the year, based on my observations and playing myself. I watch an awful lot of streams so thats where I get my opinions from mostly.

Firstly, I believe that this game is extremely well balanced and that no characters are 'unviable'.

:4bowser:His Buff might not have addressed his weaknesses but its just plain ridiculous how strong he is. I don't see many people using him because of how limited his playstyle is, despite it being obscenely strong. He will stay massively underplayed for how good he is.
:4bowserjr:In limbo since the game came out, I feel that once people become more aware of his many kill set ups and avoid them hes going to struggle more and more. His mains are doing well enough but when you hear of how well those players do with other characters it makes bowser jr seem quite underwhelming.
:4falcon:I've always thought Falcon was over-rated because people just don't mess with his recovery enough. Its almost like cloud, except people don't acknowledge it and kind of let him recover for free a lot of the time. Plenty of high tier traits but his weaknesses are significant and they are being exposed more as time goes on.
:4charizard:I feel like Charizard's lack of a safe kill move is somewhat unfair, almost every character in the game has at least one. No meaningful results in a long time and a quite unpopular character, he would need a lot of buffs to get more people playing him again.
:4cloud:A very good character and I wonder how the balance between clouds playing more optimally with charging limit break, and the opponents optimally edgeguarding him will play out. At the moment I feel like way too many people let cloud recover for free and they keep trying to gimp him or dsmash at the ledge and get hit by his upb repeatedly when all they had to do was dair.
:4dedede:Unfortunately, Gordos being reflected by almost everything in the game is almost as absurd as tripping was in Brawl. Possibly the most unsafe character overall in the game and will forever suffer vs anyone who is determined to keep him at mid-range. I've seen the very unique gordo combos people are doing more of and I believe he can turn matches around very fast with them, but setting those up is very rare.
:4darkpit:Just like Pit, a very good character with no real weakness despite a severely low amount of people using him. Like Pit, maybe we may see more use of him as a potential villager counter.
:4diddy: I believe that Diddy, Fox and Sonic are the only viable contenders for a top 5 spot in the game after the blonde woman trio. He has all the traits, results and popularity of a top tier character with nothing but 'potential' seeing other characters rated above him.
:4dk:Some people think that although he has his ridiculous kill throw combos, he still suffers heavily with his weaknesses. His results don't really show that at all. It's hard to imagine how anyone could optimise DK play, he doesn't really have room for custom combos but the enemy also cant adapt new playstyles to get around his ding dong, because hes going to grab you eventually, that's a fact. That said, playing him will become more and more of a chore to people as opponents camp more obnoxiously, potentially to the point of people giving up on the character.
:4drmario:Upb oos is what this character should be called. I think Doc players have far more room to optimise their playstyle than opponents do to him, especially with his downb as a recovery move. Capable of some strong combos but I think he is extremely prone to certain counterpick stages that give the enemy time to run away.
:4duckhunt:Mixing a woeful recovery with an inability to kill is a terrible choice and Duck Hunt has it the worst. I know he can get some very strong custom combos, but plenty of other characters can get stronger ones, more reliably. Unfortunately duck hunt needs them and cant really rely on fundamental gameplay to win.
:4falco:Falco to me is a character that will suffer more and more as people begin to predict his options because he has some that are very strong, but hes not always going to be in a position to use them when he needs to. As long as you can avoid his bair, living to a decently high % vs falco isn't rare and unfortunately that's what I predict happening more and more in the future.
:4fox:I feel like fox has far more of a claim to a top 5 spot than just about any other high tier in the game with a great mix of top player backing, results and custom combos. I don't see his status dropping anytime soon with no real exploitable weakness.
:4ganondorf:As per usual for poor Ganondorf, having a bunch of top tier characters completely wall him out shoots his viability completely down with no real way to work around it.
:4greninja:This character is one I have quite a controversial opinion on, but I stick to it. I feel like his combo ability, while clearly insane and best in the game when done correctly, is just unfeasible to pull off with any regularity in a real match because of how difficult it is to initiate it and this says nothing about actually doing the combos. Shuriken is massively overrated as a good projectile, its fast but that's all it has going for it. His sheer speed and kill combos are really good but racking that % is often mired in constant failed attempts at going for larger combos. I wish I saw more Greninja play that wasn't obsessive over going for nair-anything and a more careful playstyle that wouldn't see him swatted away every time he moves in.
:4myfriends:Completely solid all-round. I have heard much about his massive custom combos but like so many characters, I don't see anyone going for them because his easy combos are so reliable and do decent damage anyway. Deserving of more representation for how good he is.
:4jigglypuff:I love Jiggs, my main in melee and PM but if only her bair was faster... To me it feels like her bair is only a few frames short of making her a decent character, there's no reason why other characters have faster and stronger bairs than hers when it is her strongest aerial. With a lot of focus and careful spacing she can get in and escape combos if you react fast enough but its just not enough to counter the fact that she can almost never win any trade reliably.
:4kirby:Ridiculously underrated, but then again no one plays him. Kirby never gets much love but that's because hes so slow and linear. I think he has a similar viability to DK but we may never actually see that in practice.
:4littlemac:Like shulk, he is forever overrated and underrated. Sometimes I think he is bottom 10, then I see a mac main do amazingly well and then they lose horribly immediately after. Duck hunt is an awful stage and shouldnt even be a counterpick, it forces mac mains to ban it and then they get stuck with other heavy platform stages.
:4link:Link to me feels like he is a kill confirm on a throw away from being mid to high tier. More than anyone else I think he is a very good character but is missing just one thing to make him really strong, but maybe he needs that to counter the ridiculous KO power he has on some moves.
:4lucario:I used to main Lucario in brawl and love the character but in this game so much of his moveset are contenders for bottom 20 in the game of each attack and it shows. I wish more aggressive Lucario playstyles were viable. I know that Motsunabe or however you spell it won a tournament in Japan, I watched it, but it was literally made of flukes. You make your own luck with this character. I dont see him getting above mid tier because his consistency is just so difficult.
:4lucas:Lucas mains are getting more and more proficient at his throw combos and the payoffs are showing. His popularity seems to be slowly growing and this will translate to being perceived as higher tiered as the game gets older.
:4lucina:Seen as a contended for worst in the game and IMO, not far off it. Her kill power can be obscene at times but almost the entire cast has some sort of extended combos or powerful throws, she has hardly any. Barring a band-aid fix like what Bowser got, I don't see her status improving.
:4luigi:Its such a shame that he had so many mains who only used him for cheap wins and then dropped him. He will remain an extremely annoying matchup for many characters but not really to any of the top tiers.
:4mario:Even if players like Ally drop Mario, I don't see him falling much in peoples eyes. Everyone knows how good Mario is and with an answer to almost everything its unlikely his supposed position in any tier lists is going to be overtaken.
:4marth:I honestly believe that Marth is more limited than Lucina because his ability to get fsmash tippers in many ways, relies on the opponent making mistakes with their spacing. If their spacing is right but their timing is off, a FAR more likely scenario, Lucina will get harder punishes more often. I don't see any room for players to expand upon his gameplay.
:4megaman:Who knows where to place this character. It feels like Megaman is unlucky in how so many good characters have at least 1 top level player regularly using them, but Megaman doesn't really outside of one instance we saw at MLG. Maybe the Megaman mains feel like there isn't anything left to explore with him? I don't know.
:4metaknight:Cheese: The Character. It is good that loyal MK mains have stuck with him since his first iteration in this game and continue to push him to new heights to this day but anti-MK strategies are now popping up with ledge camping in early %'s and optimal DI mix-ups while being combos by uair. These aren't things that MK mains can adapt to, they instead have to rely on other means to rack up damage. He has oppressive matchups vs many characters and winnable vs the top tier but I feel like at the highest level he is going to get walled out by the likes of Sheik, Toon Link and Diddy.
:4mewtwo:I've never thought Mewtwo was a bad character and I think the recent buffs are equivalent to basically getting 14-24% extra damage for free every match. He has ridiculous combo potential with his dtilt to FF nair but like peach, it is so unreliable that going for it and dropping it when you could have got a 35% combo for free is too risky, I don't see that part being optimised but his edgeguarding still has room for optimisation. I am seeing more and more people be intelligent with shadowball usage and with that, he feels mid-tier or higher to me.
:4gaw:Id like to see more use of G&W, if anything because he has proven to be a solid Pikachu counter and I feel like he has the potential to do really well vs other high tier characters if we just had more top level players showing this.
:4ness:Solidly in the top 10, he has representation higher than what many would suggest he is deserving of. It seems like Ness was fully developed at a time much earlier than just about every other character except Mario and Luigi and for as long as his uair and bthrow exist, its unlikely that multiple characters
:4olimar:Half the time I see oOimar he is getting bopped, the other half he is dominating. It feels like he has winnable matchups versus everyone but sometimes the RNG gods really do not favour him when they keep giving you whites and you land a grab when the enemy is at 160%.
:4pacman:Fading in popularity because like Bowser, his optimal playstyle is rather boring to play as. Clearly capable at handling just about any matchup in the game, his very low use would make people forget about what Pacman players have done in the past and he hasn't been nerfed since doing that, just not played.
:4palutena:I have seen what Palutena players do but I just solidly believe that character matchup experience and a decent reaction time really damages her viability. The core of her gameplay is her jab and personally, I find reacting to the jab cancel and jumping out of it not overly difficult to do. Maybe the people I play against arent doing it frame perfectly but the thing about it is you can almost always expect it, her playstyle is quite predictable.
:4peach:We know about the shenanigans peach can pull with her uair but whether people like it or not, the difficulty in pulling off those combos has to be factored in, otherwise characters like MK would literally never lose a stock ever if you assume everyone is perfect. I feel she is a great character but will never be top 15 or so because her combos, while devastating, are just so difficult to reliably pull off, the narrow % range it works on makes it even harder.
:4pikachu:Much like brawl I feel like Pikachu is massively over-rated and carried by one player alone. There is literally no reason why people would be putting Pikachu as top 4, while putting villager any lower than 5th by their logic. The rat is ridiculously safe but susceptible to edge camping where he loses his extremely strong cross-up ability and I foresee this being used against him more and more.
:4pit:A solid character just like in brawl with no real weaknesses. No one seems to really overrate or underrate this character despite a really poor representation in western scenes probably because he lacks a single, very powerful option. His upsmash is good enough to fill that role though.
:4rob:ROB is probably top 15 IMO and has an answer to literally everything. I feel like if an established top level player stared using him, it would be unquestionable that he is in the same league as pikachu, mario, diddy etc.
:4robinf:Outside of that dthrow combo I feel like Robin is just too limited versus the multitude of fast characters that occupy top tier. I know there are robin mains out there doing well with her but I dont see her popularity gaining anytime soon while characters around her do.
:rosalina:Luma tricks are getting more and more obnoxious and I think she keeps cementing herself as a top tier character every time someone doubts her.
:4feroy:What can you do when every one of your approaches is punishable and no projectile? I feel so frustrated trying to play Roy because my most reliable way to hit the enemy is upb and the risk associated with his playstyle is so drastically skewed to the risk side. His combos are very good and can get you to kill % early but when you cant land that kill move and the enemy ends up living to 120... it was almost for waste.
:4ryu:Focus attack is completely broken and a contender for best move in the game, yes even better than his upb. He has some of the best talent in the world maining him, yet he cant manage results that would indicate a top tier character. If they cant do it, who can? This generally leads to people dropping characters, top level players don't take 5th place and lower finishes for long before getting bored. I think he is top 10, but on the lower end.
:4samus:If her jab and nair are fixed, I'd say shes mid tier. Some characters like Greninja can function fine with their fsmash being bugged out because its not a critical part of a moveset but when nair and jab are, that's a big deal. Versus characters that aren't always in your face I think shes fine but once again, the top tier is full of them...
:4sheik:I think she is on par with ZSS, the disparity between the two winning everything can almost entirely be attributed to the skill level of those playing her. You can have a region like SoCal where so many really good players are using Sheik and you just know this is because she is 'the best'. I am confident that Zero mained ZSS, you would find there would be far more top level ZSS players than Sheik because of all those trying to emulate his success.
:4shulk:Shulk has the unusual distinction of having a whole range of top level players all using him at some point, and all dropping him. I guess not only were they unable to win with him but they didn't believe he had the potential to work around his weaknesses. In a game where optimisation is seeing the increasing use of custom combos, Shulk is lagging behind with his inability to convert hard off a hit.
:4sonic:Along with Fox and Diddy, I believe he is the only other contender for a top 5 spot in this game. Opponents cant simply adapt to Sonic, because he is literally made of options, he will always have at least one more than the opponent does and this can lead to future optimisation specifically with how reactionary and safe he can make his approaches.
:4tlink:Hyuuga was amazing and Toon Link has solid representation everywhere. His combos are predictable, but powerful. However, I see the future not going in Toon Links favour as people stop falling into his traps and willingly take an option which might result in them getting hit, but it sure is better than taking a bomb-fair to the face.
:4villager:I don't think anyone has been 'sleeping' on villager, he just isn't strong enough to be an obvious top tier choice. Villager can adapt to any situation and its usually him dictating the pace of them match. With a massive comeback potential, villager isn't really ever threatened and for that reason will always remain a high tier, top 10 character IMO.
:4wario:Wario mains keep dropping him but its obvious why. Reading a recent Sakurai interview about how he made his fsmash better in this game by giving it more range is just sad. With his brawl fsmash I'm sure he would be easily high tier. Without it, he is a contender for worst kill options in the game (except for waft of course) only surpassed by the likes of Jigglypuff, Duck Hunt, Lucina etc. Will probably continue to drop in usage, might even end up in the lower tiers honestly.
:4wiifit:WFT is a good character that requires the player to be very opportunistic but also very patient, her gameplan is a double edged sword. I don't see the character ever breaking past the mid range of mid tier because her optimal playstyle just isn't popular and like so many characters that will affect how much she advances compared to others.
:4yoshi:Yoshi, I believe is a top 10 character with the worst representation of all the high tier characters. I think in many ways he suffers because of his unorthodox combo game and he doesn't really have an option to get very early KO's. He will probably forever be underused for how good he is.
:4zelda:Yeah, Zelda is bad. Her elevator combo is amazing but some truly horrid landing options make her frustrating to play. Not much to say here, get lots of rage and elevator to win.
:4zss:I think she is on-par with Sheik and possibly better. I feel like the only thing separating the two is Sheiks dthrow-upb but when people call that a 50:50 its not really true since vanish doesn't combo at higher %'s. Meanwhile, ZSS simply kills earlier with rage and you don't even need the upb to finish. Her punish game can only get more varied and refined.
:4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:These three we may never know how they rate. We know they aren't top/high tier but most people don't even know what their attacks are, there are too many unknowns.
I find your thoughts very interesting. Explain to me your opinion on Meta Knight more in depth, though. Why do you think people will figure him out? Also, why would put Fox at top 5 when he has inconsistent combos, no throw followups, and is easy to combo among other things. He is definitely top 10 but I feel he suffers from a lot of issues that a top 5 character shouldn't.

itsmeMOB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
itsmeMOB
Um, bucket is amazing for absorbing, and while Bacon may not be the best, most Game and watches use his air attacks and uptilt. Down tilt also hinders recovery. Game and watch is underrated in the U.S. But Mexico has shown us otherwise.
His dtilt and utilt are great, as well as his aerials. Bucket is a good tool for that, but you have to keep in mind too that not everyone has a projectile. Although bucket is absolutely dangerous in doubles play, with singles you never know. Game & Watch is a character I like but sans Regi, the results hurt him too as well.

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
Here's my S Tiers and A tiers.
I'll post the rest later.
S: :4sheik::4zss::rosalina:
A: :4sonic::4fox::4ryu::4metaknight::4diddy::4pikachu::4mario::4villagerf::4ness:
I don't know where to put villager. Tips would be appreciated

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
Tips would be appreciated
Ok :4marth:

:p

Buy seriously, coming from a non Japanese scene, I would slot Villager in between Mario and Ness, mainly for the fact that he isn't as accessible/have as good a combo game as Mario, but doesn't have some abysmal matchups like Ness.

Last edited:

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
Ok :4marth:

:p

Buy seriously, coming from a non Japanese scene, I would slot Villager in between Mario and Ness, mainly for the fact that he isn't as accessible/have as good a combo game as Mario, but doesn't have some abysmal matchups like Ness.
Noted. However, Ranai got bodied by a fox in Japan, and he didn't do too well against cloud either.
@ShadowGuy1
I am summoning you since you seem to know stuff about villager.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
Noted. However, Ranai got bodied by a fox in Japan, and he didn't do too well against cloud either.
@ShadowGuy1
I am summoning you since you seem to know stuff about villager.
Even if he did get bodied, it's not like Ness v Rosalina where you literally only have a double jump to recover (Gravitational Pull eats Ness's recovery). And I would also argue that it was the fact that Cloud was new.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
Even if he did get bodied, it's not like Ness v Rosalina where you literally only have a double jump to recover (Gravitational Pull eats Ness's recovery). And I would also argue that it was the fact that Cloud was new.
I think Rosalina's gravitational pull shouldn't eat Ness's U-special if he uses it in the air.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
I think Rosalina's gravitational pull shouldn't eat Ness's U-special if he uses it in the air.
Well seeing as it is a projectile, and the move is supposed to absorb all projectiles, I don't see why there should be an exception. It's just one of those things. It is still a bit sh** for Ness players though. I mean his recovery isn't amazing in the first place.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
Well seeing as it is a projectile, and the move is supposed to absorb all projectiles, I don't see why there should be an exception. It's just one of those things. It is still a bit sh** for Ness players though. I mean his recovery isn't amazing in the first place.
Well maybe PSI stuff when... used in the air... doesn't get pulled by... gravity? Heheh...

DMWN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
poe376
Now, now, I faced a dedicated Rosalina main just the other day, and while they were determined they could take our set, I ended up 2-0ing them. The matchup can be tricky for Ness, but it really isn't all that hard with proper knowledge and disposal of the Luma. I believe the matchup to be about 40/60, at worst 35/65.

Last edited:

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
Now, now, I faced a dedicated Rosalina main just the other day, and while they were determined they could take our set, I ended up 2-0ing them. The matchup can be tricky for Ness, but it really isn't all that hard with proper knowledge and disposal of the Luma. I believe the matchup to be about 40/60, at worst 35/65.
I agree. Just because she can gimp Ness well doesn't mean the MU is awful. Also, Ness has a lot of strengths that Rosalina would be jealous of.

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
I would have agreed with this before pax south. The first time vinnie faced FOW with sheik it went to game 5 and FOW clutched it. The second time vinnie used his rosa secondary and got an easy 3-0. Not to mention anti was able to take a game off of nakat's ness with just a pocket rosa and nakat practices with dabuz. It's gotta be worse than 6/4.

Last edited:

Browny

Smash Hater
Well since Shaya is a scrub and locked the tier discussion thread in the competitive forum, that means all the discussion is going to flow into my thread...

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Well since Shaya is a scrub and locked the tier discussion thread in the competitive forum, that means all the discussion is going to flow into my thread...
I think this is so that he-she can make a new thread relating to that.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That's stupid...why would he/she lock an important fourm?

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
So today, we got our first official tier list! Yep, two days before a major patch nonetheless, but hey, better late than never, am I right?

What do you fine ladies and gentlemen think of it?

Last edited:

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
The Tier list is good, I would just change some position like Mario lower, Luigi Just lower than Peach, Ike higher and WFT higher. And seriously, 11 tiers? Why? Couldn't it ve something like S, A+, A, A-, etc...?

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
So today, we got our first official tier list! Yep, two days before a major patch nonetheless, but hey, better late than never, am I right?

What do you fine ladies and gentlemen think of it?
Pretty good, Move Samus up a tier, move Charizard up two tiers, move Roy down a tier, move Bowser down two tiers, move Wii Fit Trainer higher in her tier, Move Diddy Kong to 4th, and eta Knight above Mario, and Pac-Man up a tier.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
Wintermelon43 Wintermelon43 is correct about Samus. She could even realisically be where Dedede is. However, I would argue that Roy is fine where he is, but Marth is not. Marth is much the same as Roy except safer, just lacking a mixing up combo game. Marth needs to be closer to Roy. Though I don't think Bowser needs to move down two tiers, that's a bit excessive.

Rosalina NEEDS to be out of that god damn S tier, geez! She is NOT S tier material. Yes, 3rd is probably the best current placement for her, but as I have said time and time again, S tier assumes the character is the best choice in almost any situation. When Rosalina loses a couple of matchups, and struggles against certain disjoints (notable ones she struggles with most are Marth and Cloud), I wouldn't say that's the best choice in any situation. 3rd place is fine, but at the top of A tier.

Ryu is good, and I do firmly believe that he has potential to be in the top 5, but results have yet to show. At this point in time, he is being overhyped. Still fantastic, but realistically 6th place would be a better place, considering Sonic and Pikachu have got more results than him (even if Pikachu's are mainly ESAM).

If I was to edit the official list, changing only the necessary things that bug me, changing it as little as possible, it would look like this;

S::4sheik::4zss:

High
A:(:rosalina:down a tier):4pikachu::4sonic:(:4ryu:-2):4fox::4mario::4diddy::4metaknight:
B::4villager::4cloud::4ness:

Middle
C::4falcon::4yoshi:
D::4luigi::4darkpit::4pit::4peach::4rob::4wario2::4tlink::4lucario:
E::4olimar::4greninja::4myfriends::4dk::4megaman::4pacman::4bowser::4robinm:

Low
F::4feroy::4kirby::4bowserjr:(:4marth:+6, potential to be next to Roy):4gaw::4lucas::4mewtwo::4falco::4wiifit:
G::4shulk::4link::4duckhunt::4littlemac:(:4lucina:+3):4drmario:

Bottom
H:(:4samus:+4, though could be higher):4dedede:
I::4miibrawl::4charizard::4palutena:
J::4miigun::4miisword::4ganondorf::4jigglypuff::4zelda:

Last edited:

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Why should Mario go lower? He was already a few places too low on that tier list.
I think that it should be in the top of B Tier, just under Diddy and Meta Knight. It is so strange to say B Tier referring to a Top 15 character, omg.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
I think that it should be in the top of B Tier, just under Diddy and Meta Knight. It is so strange to say B Tier referring to a Top 15 character, omg.
Well Captain Falcon and Yoshi are in top 15 and they're considered mid-tier in that tier list. It's such a comical tier list. I think it's actually good that they released it early so that they have to rework it and fix the errors in the FINAL release.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
Well Captain Falcon and Yoshi are in top 15 and they're considered mid-tier in that tier list. It's such a comical tier list. I think it's actually good that they released it early so that they have to rework it and fix the errors in the FINAL release.
Especially with the buffs characters are gonna receive in the coming patch... :4marth:

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
I like what Browny had to say about the situation:

Your first mistake was thinking they are intelligent.

No one is doubting their skill, but the combined group of them have apparently never studied any sort of maths beyond middle school where you learn about iteration, weighted averages, rates of change etc.

I mean really standard deviation is basic stuff, and thats the extent of their in-depth info lmao.

Funnily enough they could use literally the exact same info they have from the voters, no extra work on their part and with just a little bit of effort they could somewhat normalise the list and remove outliers to make it far more concise and accurate. Apparently I'm a troll though for repeatedly asking them to do that.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
I still think :4pacman:'s a bit low, but I guess he's not getting too much representation after Abadango betrayed him for :4metaknight:.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
  • Pika at 5th despite only having one good player who can barely finish top 8 anymore.
  • MK barely in the top 10 despite dominating multiple continents.
  • Characters like Diddy/Sonic ranked below other A-tiers despite having a proven record vs. Sheik.
  • No +/- subgroupings (thus implying large gaps in viability between each of A-J.)
I am highly disappointed that such an intelligent group of people managed to compile a list as mediocre as this one.

He was replying to this post by Djent.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Seeing Pit/Dark Pit, Peach, Wario, and Tink being given a D Rank is just so disturbing. Why couldn't have they just did what everyother tier list does and have things like A+ or C-?

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
Seeing Pit/Dark Pit, Peach, Wario, and Tink being given a D Rank is just so disturbing. Why couldn't have they just did what everyother tier list does and have things like A+ or C-?
I suppose we have just got to get used to the fact that D rank... actually means good. Odd, I know...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I suppose we have just got to get used to the fact that D rank... actually means good. Odd, I know...
I ain't getting used to that for like a year. I'll just stick with the old tier list style(one of those times where old is better)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Anyway, I think we can all agree that it was a really rushed, badly designed tier list. I really just hope they fix it after the update is released.
Everyone here(in this thread atleast)could make a better tier list(that's also not confusing)

Top Bottom