• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

D

Deleted member

Anyone feel like characters such as :4tlink: and :4pit: will rise on this list after G3?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Anyone feel like characters such as :4tlink: and :4pit: will rise on this list after G3?
Yes, especially Pit(I think he needed Genesis 3)

And Ranai is destroying ZeRo...with Villager(he's also gonna have to move up)

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
I can see :4tlink: rising up a bit. The fact that he (might I say quite easily) beat Nairo's ZSS shows that he can be viable when played correctly.

I can't say I remember seeing :4pit: actually, I must have missed it... what happened with Pit?

And as a :rosalina: main, I am glad to see she got to Grand Finals. This is fantastic, as even though she hasn't had too many big wins lately, results wise it's been pretty static for a while, and her getting to GF confirms that she is still a threat in the metagame. Also on an unrelated note, historically Dabuz hasn't had the best of fan following. From what I am reading over the internet, it seems more people have come to like him after yesterday. I have never disliked Dabuz, and it's great to see more people getting behind him.

Can I just also say how great that :4marth:/:4zss: team was? That was really hype.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
My guess is that :4tlink::4gaw::rosalina:(Only above Pikachu. Oh yeah, and Pikachu will probably move to tier 2):4cloud: move up ( I think I'm missing somebody, please let me know)

Nobody will vote :4ryu: for tier 1 anymore

:4pikachu: Will Probably go to tier 2

:4ness: will only go down one spot

:4cloud: is tier 3

Once again, Feel like I'm missing something. Please let me know

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't know. If Sheik and Zero Suit Samus are still dominating forces, they should be having their own tier position. Brawl Meta Knight definitely had his own tier.

Routa

Smash Lord
Mods hate Genesis 3 confirmed?
Nah...

Mods hate posts that have nothing to do with the topic along with posts that don't bring anything to the table.

Edit: I think I miss understood what you meant :S

Anyways I think people will finally drop that yellow rat down a tier. I can see TL rising a tier up. I do agree with Wintermelon43 Wintermelon43 about Cloud's placing. I think it is too early to put him anywhere higher than that.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Mods hate Genesis 3 confirmed?
It's more about not giving people the wrong idea, if anything. Sheik and Zero Suit Samus hardly have any major weaknesses, so they'd have to be gifted with a top notch tier position. Whereas, characters like Rosalina, Ryu, and Cloud have some highly noticeable weaknesses that can pretty much keep them away from the very top; Rosalina's offense suffers greatly without the Luma; Ryu's advanced button commands make it difficult to use him efficiently; Cloud's recovery is poor without Limit Break.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I don't know. If Sheik and Zero Suit Samus are still dominating forces, they should be having their own tier position. Brawl Meta Knight definitely had his own tier.
Agreed, there's no reason for them to drop when they have negligible weaknesses, and I don't see how they're any less dominant now than they were before Genesis.

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
Agreed, there's no reason for them to drop when they have negligible weaknesses, and I don't see how they're any less dominant now than they were before Genesis.
I don't think there is worry of them dropping. I think the main point of that statement is to say that they deserve their own tier, and that the others around them should drop.

Me personally, I think that it's plausible that they could be in their own tier. I do think Rosalina should to be in tier 2 (even despite her performance at Genesis 3, because she does still have weaknesses and a matchup where she loses), and maybe Pikachu should be in tier 2 nowadays. I've always believed Pikachu is one of the best characters in the game. He is still fantastic in my eyes, and everything about him points at top tier. However, he is still lacking in results, so in theory, I think a tier 2 position is fine for him. With a few more results, i'd have no problem moving him back up to tier 1.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I can see :4tlink: rising up a bit. The fact that he (might I say quite easily) beat Nairo's ZSS shows that he can be viable when played correctly.

I can't say I remember seeing :4pit: actually, I must have missed it... what happened with Pit?

And as a :rosalina: main, I am glad to see she got to Grand Finals. This is fantastic, as even though she hasn't had too many big wins lately, results wise it's been pretty static for a while, and her getting to GF confirms that she is still a threat in the metagame. Also on an unrelated note, historically Dabuz hasn't had the best of fan following. From what I am reading over the internet, it seems more people have come to like him after yesterday. I have never disliked Dabuz, and it's great to see more people getting behind him.

Can I just also say how great that :4marth:/:4zss: team was? That was really hype.
Earth happened to Pit. He got 13th/14th place using only Pit, having to go up against alot of challenging people...and took games off of both ZeRo and Marss(Shiek and ZSS mains respectively)...as Pit. I would be shocked if Pit didn't move up atleast a tad bit(like in the middle of tier 3 or something, 2 would probably be a bit to much..I think).

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
It's more about not giving people the wrong idea, if anything. Sheik and Zero Suit Samus hardly have any major weaknesses, so they'd have to be gifted with a top notch tier position. Whereas, characters like Rosalina, Ryu, and Cloud have some highly noticeable weaknesses that can pretty much keep them away from the very top; Rosalina's offense suffers greatly without the Luma; Ryu's advanced button commands make it difficult to use him efficiently; Cloud's recovery is poor without Limit Break.
I don't think you're getting the point of the joke. You take everything so literally, man! :estatic:

On another note, as people have said, I think that yellow rat will definitely drop a tier and Tink will surely go up a tier.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
Earth happened to Pit. He got 13th/14th place using only Pit, having to go up against alot of challenging people...and took games off of both ZeRo and Marss(Shiek and ZSS mains respectively)...as Pit. I would be shocked if Pit didn't move up atleast a tad bit(like in the middle of tier 3 or something, 2 would probably be a bit to much..I think).
What is ironic about this is that a few days prior to Genesis 3, ZeRo made a video about Dark Pit, saying that he was clearly the better choice out of him and Pit... and then Pit gets notable representation AND even takes a game off of ZeRo.

This raises a question though. Is it about time we started separating Pit and Dark Pit? Pit seems to be being used more in the tournament scene, but in turn I do also see what ZeRo means about the differences in them being enough to decide who you play as. Even the Japanese separate them in their tier lists.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
Well, good thing I picked up Diddy Kong for Toon Link and Yoshi. Maybe Sonic too.
You are probably jumping the gun a bit if you think he's around the spots of Yoshi and Sonic. I could see him realistically somewhere around the current postition of Pit (who I also expect to rise a few spaces).

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
You are probably jumping the gun a bit if you think he's around the spots of Yoshi and Sonic. I could see him realistically somewhere around the current postition of Pit (who I also expect to rise a few spaces).
I never said that. I said that I am going to start using Diddy kong for Toon Link and Yoshi, probably Sonic

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
What is ironic about this is that a few days prior to Genesis 3, ZeRo made a video about Dark Pit, saying that he was clearly the better choice out of him and Pit... and then Pit gets notable representation AND even takes a game off of ZeRo.

This raises a question though. Is it about time we started separating Pit and Dark Pit? Pit seems to be being used more in the tournament scene, but in turn I do also see what ZeRo means about the differences in them being enough to decide who you play as. Even the Japanese separate them in their tier lists.
Yeah...this is why ZeRo shouldn't be listened to half of the time(the one obvious thing between the Pits, and he gets it wrong. Not saying he doesn't know stuff*because he does*,but he don't know jack about characters like Pit/Pittoo).

I also do agree that Pit and Pittoo should start being separated(having Pit somewhere in the middle of tier 3, and Dark Pit in the same spot he's in currently).

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
ok, so this is what I think will happen to tier lists:

:4tlink:Rises up, probably where Pit is now
:4cloud:Tier 3 for sure
:rosalina:+:4zss: will have more of a fight for second but I think ZSS will win out
:4pikachu:Drops to Tier 2
:4ness:Goes up a few places just because FOW is a god
:4pit:Will rise a bit, though I think Dark pit will be seperated
:4gaw:Will rise, regi did great in crews iirc
:4ryu:will not get many up votes to Tier 1
:4villager:Goes to Tier 2
:4metaknight:Still goes to Tier 2 after no top 8 but did well in top 32(RIP Abadongo)

I do not think I am missing anyone, but idk. :4wiifit: might rise along with :4peach: but like 1 spot

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3

:rosalina:+:4zss: will have more of a fight for second but I think ZSS will win out
:4metaknight:Still goes to Tier 2 after no top 8 but did well in top 32(RIP Abadongo)

I do not think I am missing anyone, but idk. :4wiifit: might rise along with :4peach: but like 1 spot
No way should Rosalina be second, or even be in the top tier, not when she actually loses a couple of matchups.

Otherwise, what you mentioned seems fair.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

I can fully agree to this whole thing, besides the Rosalina/ZSS thing(that I'm not sure about)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
No way should Rosalina be second, or even be in the top tier, not when she actually loses a couple of matchups.

I think that by now, the tier categories should be modified a bit, such as with the following example...

S-tier
A-tier
B-tier
C-tier
D-tier
E-tier
F-tier

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord

Im not saying Rosa will be second, but I am predicting the people who vote for 2nd might think about Dabuz vs Nairo and Ranai, but I still think ZSS is 2nd, Rosa is 3rd

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
After Genesis 3, top 5 IMO should be :4sheik:, then :4zss:, then :4ryu::rosalina::4sonic: in no particular order.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Even if Rosalina is put in 3rd place, she should be put at the top of the A-tier (or tier 2), because the S-tier (or tier 1) is for the fighters who have negligible weaknesses; Rosalina's weaknesses are quite glaring, and can easily be taken advantage of.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Even if Rosalina is put in 3rd place, she should be put at the top of the A-tier (or tier 2), because the S-tier (or tier 1) is for the fighters who have negligible weaknesses; Rosalina's weaknesses are quite glaring, and can easily be taken advantage of.
Yeah, as a Day 1 Rosalina Main I can agree with this

Douglas Jay Ganon

Smash Apprentice
Rosalina is crap tier. Luma, in the other hand, should be SS tiers, like the nazis.

Jokes aside, I wouldn't forget about Rosalina's power. If she's not top, she's still a hight tier character, like (+A)
Btw, Cloud's looking good, huh?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I guess in terms of new tier spots, the following could be a start, even if it's a bit off...

S: :4sheik::4zss:
A: :rosalina::4pikachu::4mario::4ryu::4sonic::4diddy::4metaknight::4fox::4ness::4villager:

Can't say much about the lower tiers though.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I guess in terms of new tier spots, the following could be a start, even if it's a bit off...

S: :4sheik::4zss:
A: :rosalina::4pikachu::4mario::4ryu::4sonic::4diddy::4metaknight::4fox::4ness::4villager:

Can't say much about the lower tiers though.
I think Villager will be ranked higher than Ness in the forseeable future

D

Deleted member

I personally wouldn't mind lettered tiers, tbh.

And yeah, I could probably see PIka dropping to tier 2.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Maybe we can all have a little group tier list until voting starts back up next month(?)...I said maybe.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
IMO this is mine:
S::4sheik::4zss:
A+::rosalina::4ryu::4sonic::4pikachu::4mario::4fox::4metaknight::4diddy::4villager::4ness:

Villager and Diddy can be swapped, same with Mario and Sonic.

Last edited:

Dusk Pit

Smash Apprentice

I have said it before and I still say that Pit and Dark Pit should never be separated, even after Dark Pit's buffs. They are so similar that it makes no sense to see other characters between them. People have been picking up Dpit after the buff and many think he is better than Pit now. I just don't see how Pit could be any higher on a tier list.

Top Bottom