• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
"Vortex-like moves?"
Not gonna pretend that I know what that means but....
:4kirby::4dedede: inhale.
:4megaman: Air Shooter.
:4dk: storm punch and tornado custom up b
:4duckhunt: tornado custom up b
Something like El Fuerte in Street Fighter, has moves that came be used in different ways (Like Corrins Side B) and it is up to the opponent to take a guess on what move his opponent will do.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
B) SMT x FE, STILL, is glorious to me.

Because I said.

"Man, between Persona and Awakening... both of these series have those elitists who complain about the fanservicey 'Waifu simulator VN' nature of the most succesful parts FOR their series. I... I have to see how this crosses together."
"Waifus" was not why Awakening is popular the way it was. It was a very accessible title for many people due to the permadeath (which was a huge barrier) mechanic being optional. Along with the fact they used things that helped familiarity to further make the game more attractive to customers (such as the many references to Marth, who was popular among Smash fans).

I knew sooo many people that tried Fire Emblem after Smash Bros and were turned off due to the difficulty and the permdeath feature. But that barrier is now gone. The whole waifu aspect may have helped sales a bit, but I don't think it was the most successful part of the game.

And complaining about fanservice waifu stuff does not equate to being elitist. Come on now.

Wolf was never planned for Melee actually.
This. It was debunked and PushDustIn has never found anything about Wolf being planned for Melee. It was sourced from a GAF post that had no proof.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Pet peeve of mine but it kinda bothers me seeing people refer to #FE as SMT X FE still.

They dropped the crossover aspect ages ago, even the last trailer called it "Atlus x Fire Emblem". Nintendo's been pushing it as an FE title developed by Atlus, but it's no crossover (bar some references).

Khoru

Smash Champion
Pet peeve of mine but it kinda bothers me seeing people refer to #FE as SMT X FE still.

They dropped the crossover aspect ages ago, even the last trailer called it "Atlus x Fire Emblem". Nintendo's been pushing it as an FE title developed by Atlus, but it's no crossover (bar some references).
excuse you, it's ♯FE
no but to be fair it doesn't really have an english title yet

also i wouldn't be surprised if atlus (read: sega) kept the rights to the original stuff, smrpg-style

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Wolf was never planned for Melee actually.
Sorry.
Considered is the better word.
As the Fox Clone that Falco ended up being.
But Wolf was too similar.

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/04/13/the-definitive-unused-fighters-list-in-smash/

Double edit: this appearently says what I believed was utter garbage. THERE I GO BLINDLY LINKING IT AGAIN.
Well... weird. Nobody's called me out on this.

"Waifus" was not why Awakening is popular the way it was. It was a very accessible title for many people due to the permadeath (which was a huge barrier) mechanic being optional. Along with the fact they used things that helped familiarity to further make the game more attractive to customers (such as the many references to Marth, who was popular among Smash fans).

I knew sooo many people that tried Fire Emblem after Smash Bros and were turned off due to the difficulty and the permdeath feature. But that barrier is now gone. The whole waifu aspect may have helped sales a bit, but I don't think it was the most successful part of the game.

And complaining about fanservice waifu stuff does not equate to being elitist. Come on now.

This. It was debunked and PushDustIn has never found anything about Wolf being planned for Melee. It was sourced from a GAF post that had no proof.
I was simplifying it by a FAR margin.

The Persona series gave you more involved characters, a unified story that did more than a varied retelling of the Law-Neutral-Chaos set up, eventually grew to stop using the arcaic Demon Contracting system, etc. etc.

By no means was "waifuism" the selling point for Awakening, but it WAS one of the biggest complaints you heard in the community against it, and ESPECIALLY in what we saw early on with Fates. It was just a kind of similar tale between the two that I found hilarious, in a way, that we saw in the "crossover," which ended up as a proper blending of the two instead of mashing two series together and seeing what bits fall in place.

Edit:

I am sorry.

I just feel bad using a # when it IS the sharp symbol which is different and I don't have ready access too... so until it gets AN ENGLISH TITLE it's just been my go-to

Last edited:

Chrono.

I am sorry.

I just feel bad using a # when it IS the sharp symbol which is different and I don't have ready access too... so until it gets AN ENGLISH TITLE it's just been my go-to
You ain't gotta apologize lol it's fine if you wanna call it whatever.

It annoys me when websites actually do it (shifty eyes at Siliconera)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Captain Toad is now in Super Mario Maker!

Also, I can't say I'd really care if Daisy were added, but good for her fans if she does get in eventually.
Awesome! I am booting up the game to do his course now!
EDIT: America doesn't have it yet!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Captain Toad is now in Super Mario Maker!

Also, I can't say I'd really care if Daisy were added, but good for her fans if she does get in eventually.
He can jump?!

It's over. Captain Toad confirmed for Smash 5.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I think people got that idea from melees opening more than anything. But by that logic ridley would have been planned

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
210 hours in X

I am dead inside

Worth it

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I don't understand how people can still scoff at the idea of Wolf having been made DLC (partially) to promote SFZ when that's exactly what happened with Corrin and Fates.
I think if a character wants to promote a game they're in they should at least show up in that game first :p. Come to think of it, I wonder how significant Wolf's support would have grown if they actually showed him off in the game at the previous E3.

Anyway, you could argue that Starfox Zero already has two characters (including the main character) promoting it while Fates had no one to promote it, since the playable FE characters in Smash aren't in Fates (unless you count the appearances they make through amiibo).

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Sorry.
Considered is the better word.
As the Fox Clone that Falco ended up being.
But Wolf was too similar.

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/04/13/the-definitive-unused-fighters-list-in-smash/

Double edit: this appearently says what I believed was utter garbage. THERE I GO BLINDLY LINKING IT AGAIN.
Well... weird. Nobody's called me out on this.
You should read everything on Source Gaming.

The power of PushDustIn compels you. The power of PushDustin compels you...

On the subject of the newest Famitsu Column:

It doesn't really change my opinion of the newcomers at all. Sakurai has pretty much said the same things before, as I mentioned in my post The Corrin Controversy.

Again, don't think he made the decision lightly, but it's one that I'm personally not exactly thrilled about (when just looking at DLC as a whole. I'm happy with the overall roster).

He might talk about Corrin and Bayonetta again when they are closer to release, so I'll let you guys know if anything changes.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
^'Ey buddy
The [ /quote ] done goofed, it's just a /quote]
Yer post is stuck in the quote
Better go save it :4pacman:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
^'Ey buddy
The [ /quote ] done goofed, it's just a /quote]
Yer post is stuck in the quote
Better go save it :4pacman:
I don't know what you are talking about :p

I'm still working on setting up Windows 7. It's installing 211 updates right now, so things are taking awhile and slowing down my PC.

Khoru

Smash Champion
I don't know what you are talking about :p

I'm still working on setting up Windows 7. It's installing 211 updates right now, so things are taking awhile and slowing down my PC.
wait
what os have you been using

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
wait
what os have you been using
Mainly Ubuntu. I used Windows XP for the data mining. But with my capture card if I want to stream from my desktop tower, I needed Windows 7 SP1 or higher. So...a day later and I'm still installing Windows 7 updates.

Most of the stuff I do is on Google Chrome and Skype (mainly to communicate with other content creators, all SG uses Google Hangouts), so Ubuntu is perfect. I do all my writing in Google Drive. So yeah I just needed a lightweight OS to run Chrome and Skype, and Ubunutu was perfect.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Is pachislot and pachinko the same thing?
Different! PachiSlots are more like a slot machine. Pachinko is with the small silver balls.

Reposting my GAF reply here:

PachiSlots / Pachinko games are really popular in Japan. If you are a salary man, and like to smoke it's the place to be.

There's been a ton of Evangelion Pachinko games. In fact when I told someone I liked Evangelion, they thought I meant the pachinko games.

The hate for them is a little justifiable in Konami's case as that's the only new releases for a lot of beloved franchises...but they aren't a new thing. I believe King of Fighters even had a pachinko game at one point. A lot of IPs get PachiSlots or Pachinko games.

BTW, there's even Mario-themed coin-pushers too.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Japan is so weird

I still really want to visit it one day

Edit: Apparently I have family in Japan

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My family spent $70 on prime rib for Christmas dinner

Wow, I didn't know meat could get so expensive.

...Especially since to me prime rib taste like fancy roast beef you but in sandwhiches

I'm more of a crab and lobster fan.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
*shows up suddenly*

Merry Christmas, you guys and girls. Not sure if it is Christmas yet for all of you, but I figured it is close enough.

And for you who do not celebrate it, do have a Happy few Days. -w-

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My family celebrates on the 24th so it's going to be Christmas soon for me anyway

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
In 6 hours time in Australia - it'll be the 25th of December, and so I wish you, Nintenzone Social Thread - A Merry Christmas!! :D

I hope you all have an enjoyable time spent with your friends and families together in a single time of peace, goodwill and happiness amongst fellow good souls in the world!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, the return of crystal pepsi through emails and campaigns kinda reminds me of the whole Geno scenario.

We got him into smash, like they got crystal pepsi back

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
then i guess as a beginner i'll get that one then.
Hoshido's gameplay is comparable to Awakening (which was pretty manageable for beginners) so that should at least introduce you to Fates's new gamelay mechanics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom