• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently, the Nintendo Subreddit is in turmoil right now.

I'm not going to say what's going on there in order to prevent drama from starting here, but I'm just giving you a heads up if your going to go there. The thing that's happening isn't really substantial, but I just don't want this thread to become really dramatic.
You see this only made me want to go see the reddit burn. If you didnt post this i would have never looked :p

I think you're talking about this
DAISY ME ROLLING, THEY HATING.
And i find it hilarious

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
So I bought Hitman Blood Money and Ikaruga with the money I got for refunding FF7 (which I've yet to play due to me not knowing how to configure controllers for pcsx, derp).

Ikaruga is sick. Never played a Hitman game but heard Blood Money is the best (plus it was like $2).

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
You see this only made me want to go see the reddit burn. If you didnt post this i would have never looked :p

I think you're talking about this

And i find it hilarious
Yeah... they've gone too far.

EDIT: I've decided to remove the image as it may contain some offensive material. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I don't usually post in this thread (I probably should, I lurk here quite often) but I thought I'd share this little gem that I found: located in Osaka, a statue of Snake dressed appropriately for the festive season. It made me smile today, and hopefully, you do too!

Merry Christmas everyone! <3 <3 <3
:snake:: He's real, I tell ya

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Lightning wasn't the only protagonist of XIII. There were 5 others that were just as important and whom you arguably spend more time with.

And she was in XIII-2 for like, 15 minutes, not counting DLC.

Lightning Returns is the only game where she is a solo protagonist.

Which is why the "Lighting" meme is stupid, because it doesn't apply to her. Especially since she's actually quite popular (I hear she's like a literal popular role model in Japan, or was at one point), even people who don't like XIII because "MUH LINEAR" still like Lightning.
Let me explain the Lightning meme for you:

It's when the company/creator pushes this particular character so hard and rarely half of the fanbase likes that particular character

Lightning fits that role considering Toriyama (no, not that one) pushed her massively hard for her and Square shoved her in multiple titles and advertising and over favorable FF characters over her.

It's the same thought process for Rosalina considering people believe she's hogging the spotlight from Waluigi, Daisy and even Peach in certain cases when she's popular, Lucario in that light for Game Freak considering he was pushed hard for and he was considering hogging the spotlight (especially when he was Brawl and Mewtwo wasn't) and Lucina lastly due to the base breaker of FEA and people stupidly thought that she'll replace Marth as the face of FE when that's impossible and stupid to consider that.

Don't try to change it up or say I don't understand m, THIS IS WHAT THE LIGHTNING MEME IS:

This character is too popular and might attract the wrong people unlike my character

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I don't usually post in this thread (I probably should, I lurk here quite often) but I thought I'd share this little gem that I found: located in Osaka, a statue of Snake dressed appropriately for the festive season. It made me smile today, and hopefully, you do too!

Merry Christmas everyone! <3 <3 <3
Rather fitting how he has a chain around his arm, means he can't escape Konami's clutches

D

Deleted member

It's when the company/creator pushes this particular character so hard and rarely half of the fanbase likes that particular character

Lightning fits that role considering Toriyama (no, not that one) pushed her massively hard for her and Square shoved her in multiple titles and advertising and over favorable FF characters over her.

It's the same thought process for Rosalina considering people believe she's hogging the spotlight from Waluigi, Daisy and even Peach in certain cases when she's popular, Lucario in that light for Game Freak considering he was pushed hard for and he was considering hogging the spotlight (especially when he was Brawl and Mewtwo wasn't) and Lucina lastly due to the base breaker of FEA and people stupidly thought that she'll replace Marth as the face of FE when that's impossible and stupid to consider that.

Don't try to change it up or say I don't understand m, THIS IS WHAT THE LIGHTNING MEME IS:

This character is too popular and might attract the wrong people unlike my character
There's a difference between "New character being shoved down our throats" and "new character gets popular and starts to appear more"
Lucario and Rosalina got popular when they debuted and Nintendo took the chance and made them prominent characters
Lighting has been everywhere since her debut despite negative reception

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
There's a difference between "New character being shoved down our throats" and "new character gets popular and starts to appear more"
Lucario and Rosalina got popular when they debuted and Nintendo took the chance and made them prominent characters
Lighting has been everywhere since her debut despite negative reception
That's what I'm saying. People twist that thing just because they don't like that particular character due to its stupid vocal minority or just because they feel like they are taking their favorite character's spot.

It's why I said Marie was the only one that fit the Lightning thing

kylexv

Smash Master
Lightning wasn't the only protagonist of XIII. There were 5 others that were just as important and whom you arguably spend more time with.

And she was in XIII-2 for like, 15 minutes, not counting DLC.

Lightning Returns is the only game where she is a solo protagonist.

Which is why the "Lighting" meme is stupid, because it doesn't apply to her. Especially since she's actually quite popular (I hear she's like a literal popular role model in Japan, or was at one point), even people who don't like XIII because "MUH LINEAR" still like Lightning.
Is it strange that your avatar turned into an ad for Psychonauts 2?

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Tis the Season.
Second Christmas here on Smashbaords.
Boy does time fly. I still remember last year when we had that Mewtwo Model popping up in every single new leak.
Anyway just wishing you all a very merry Christmas and happy holidays :)
Here's Hoping you all get what you asked for.
:popo:Merry Christmas:popo:

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
*Overhearing Mom and Faith on phone*
"yada yada Landlord"
'yada yada Mad"
"yada yada WE'RE MOVING"
*cringes*
*cringes loudly*
Well, I haven't lived in my current house for half-a-year
But Summer 2016, I'm goin' someplace new.
Again.
OHBOOYYYYYYYY

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I highly doubt WAA was in the top 5.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Have you guys talked about these "leaked ballot results" yet?
(http://smashboards.com/threads/possible-top-20-ballot-winners.426672/#post-20643408)
I don't really believe it, but what do you guys think?
Not expecting it to be true, but I'd be fine with this. Snake being one of the most voted makes me happy if true, but you know....Konami.

I would like to see how Nintendo uses these results however. I've heard that these results could be used outside of Smash, though I've never known if it was true or not.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

That isn't what the Lightning meme is, it's just when a character is forced down our throats despite lukewarm reception, nothing more.

Lightning has never appeared "over a favourable character", every game she has appeared in outside of the FFXIII series, has been a general FF crossover, like Dissidia. It's foolish to say she's being forced by appearing in games like this, since she is the main representative of FFXIII, so if they want to represent that game, they jump to her because she is the most well known character from the game, and has also proven to be popular in various polls and just the fact she was a legit role model in Japan (i.e. Japanese people looked up to her as a symbol of what they should be like). It's no different to how Cloud is the main representative of FFVII.

So the Lighting meme doesn't apply to Lightning herself.

Trying to say Lightning is forced by Toriyama is no different to saying Rosalina is forced by Koizumi. Neither are true and there were legitimate reasons for them appearing in more stuff.

D

Deleted member

eshop sale going on right now guys if you didn't know.

So far I've seen
Street Fighter IV for 4.99,
Ace Attorney Trilogy 19.99,
one of the Etrian Odyssey games for 9.99
Ace Attorney Dual Destinies for 50% off.
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3DS 13.59

Shovel Knight is on sale, too and MANY other games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Starry.

No Life Princess
I'm telling you now.
There will be Leaks until SFZero is released.
And even after those Leaks with Wolf end.
It's only matter of time before we start getting Smash NX Leaks.
Releasing a port of Smash for the NX would be a wise decision, as long as it supports cross-platform play between Wii U and NX. Expecting anything more than a port however is far too optimistic in my opinion.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Scanning for sarcasm.
Sarcasm not found.

That's hurtful, man. :(
Hey! You're back!

EDIT: And I just noticed you quoted my post earlier and I never even realized it lol. So, I guess I was late on that one.

Last edited:

grapefruitjuice

Smash Rookie
User was warned for this post
Hey guys I'm new here so what do I do now? I don't know were I can talk about characters like Inklings anywhere, can someone PLEASE HELP :confused:

I'm sorry, my profile isn't complete yet, I'm still working on it. I got it a few months ago but I don't know how to use it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Hey! Your back!
What about my back?
Is there something on my back?
Oh right...it is shame. :/

Hey guys I'm new here so what do I do now? I don't know were I can talk about characters like Inklings anywhere, can someone PLEASE HELP :confused:
I'm sorry, my profile isn't complete yet, I'm still working on it. I got it a few months ago but I don't know how to use it.
Firstly.
Shouldn't be hard to find.
http://smashboards.com/social-forums/social-character-support-threads.1812/

Secondly, double-posting is, like, totally against the rules bruh.

Releasing a port of Smash for the NX would be a wise decision, as long as it supports cross-platform play between Wii U and NX. Expecting anything more than a port however is far too optimistic in my opinion.
Omg a wild Chara appears. Hiiiiiiiiiiii

. . . Sorry for not keeping in touch. . . Finals were hell and i havent thought about anythig in weeks >_>

My b

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Since it's Christmas soon, I thought I'd post my Christmas tree.

Nollaig Shona Duit

You can talk about characters here but most of Smash character speculation moved here.

http://smashboards.com/social-forums/social-character-support-threads.1812/
And yes we have an inkling thread :p

PS posting twice in a row when non one else has posted since (known as double posting) is against the rules. Just a heads up for the future.
:4greninja:'d
I blame mobile

Last edited:

Starry.

No Life Princess
Omg a wild Chara appears. Hiiiiiiiiiiii

. . . Sorry for not keeping in touch. . . Finals were hell and i havent thought about anythig in weeks >_>

My b
I don't recognize the username, I assume you changed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom