• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

I'm still not sure how I feel about a possible Smash U NX port.

Part of me would just like to see Smash 4 with a couple more characters and modes.

But I'd also like to see the NX get its own entry

Starry.

No Life Princess
Oni333

I was gifted premium (for some reason) and was tired of having so many silly numbers :p
I can respect that. I guess the last time we spoke was before the final direct, what did you think?

grapefruitjuice

Smash Rookie
You can talk about characters here but most of Smash character speculation moved here.

http://smashboards.com/social-forums/social-character-support-threads.1812/
And yes we have an inkling thread :p

PS posting twice in a row when non one else has posted since (known as double posting) is against the rules. Just a heads up for the future.
:4greninja:'d
I blame mobile
Oh thanks! :b:
I'm so scared Inklings won't be in the next game because of STUPID Miis! I hope they convince me the Miis will mean nothing in the enxt game. I just don't know...

Starry.

No Life Princess
Seeing as I got ignored anyway I'll just remove this comment lol.

Last edited:
I can respect that. I guess the last time we spoke was before the final direct, what did you think?
Well im still super hyped for Cloud. Hot me to buy FF7 at least.
The whole "only 2 songs on midgar" thing is pretty infuriating but oh well.

I have no opinion on Corrin from not playing Fates other than "cool moveset but why the **** do we need another damn counter."

People here know i really didn't like Bayonetta being chosen. Havent played her game, every argument for and against her sucked and her being a ballot winner is just. . .meh.

How about you?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
IMO there is no need to build a new entry from the ground up for the NX, unless they want a reboot.

Because otherwise, there is nowhere to go but down in terms of characters and the game mechanics are sharpest in Smash 4 and don't need an overhaul.

By using Smash 4 as a base they can focus on simply adding to the existing characters, maybe even the roster. But mainly the modes.

Starry.

No Life Princess
Trolling Infraction
Well im still super hyped for Cloud. Hot me to buy FF7 at least.
The whole "only 2 songs on midgar" thing is pretty infuriating but oh well.

I have no opinion on Corrin from not playing Fates other than "cool moveset but why the **** do we need another damn counter."

People here know i really didn't like Bayonetta being chosen. Havent played her game, every argument for and against her sucked and her being a ballot winner is just. . .meh.

How about you?
I'm very happy that we didn't get Shantae or Shovel Knight and even more so that we didn't get any stupid characters like Waluigi or Daisy. I'm surprised about the lack of Wolf though part of me somewhat expects him sometime in the future.

Since I enjoyed Awakening so much I'm looking forward to using Corrin, it'll also be hilarious using a character that so many people seem to hate. As for Bayonetta I feel she definitely deserved to be in the game and think she'll make an excellent character.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Merry Christmas Eve from Uncle Roger everyone! If any jolly fat men approach you this night remember two things. First? If he's wearing red? He's okay and will not touch your no no parts. Second? Tell that ************ he owes me for Christmas 1967. Fat *******.

Chrono.

IMO there is no need to build a new entry from the ground up for the NX, unless they want a reboot.

Because otherwise, there is nowhere to go but down in terms of characters and the game mechanics are sharpest in Smash 4 and don't need an overhaul.

By using Smash 4 as a base they can focus on simply adding to the existing characters, maybe even the roster. But mainly the modes.
To be fair, a lot of people felt this was the case for Melee.

People felt it played perfectly and the only thing it needed was the usual more characters + stages.

Come Brawl and nearly everything got an overhaul. It could very well happen with Smash 4 too.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Quick question. Does anyone know what happened to @Neo Zero? It says on his profile that he's going to be gone indefinitely.
Hm weird, I wonder what happened. I hope that he can overcome it! He's fun to have around and a good admin!

Also Merry Christmas everyone!

D

Deleted member

and even more so that we didn't get any stupid characters like Waluigi or Daisy.
There's literally no reason to even say something like this other than to be a ****.
Even the Waluigi fans such as myself knew he wasn't going to be DLC what with being an Assist and all.

grapefruitjuice

Smash Rookie
Inklings are sure fire to be in the next entry, they are nintendo's newest success after all.
But they put so much effort into the costumes..... won't people get mad if it gets changed next game? People get mad at wanting to change Ganondorf...

Plus OOPS I forgot to say this in the Inkling thread but I worry Sakurai doesn't think they're unique enoguh if another Fire Emblem character got in instead of them. If Corrin only got in because he was unique why didn't the Inklings....

:urg:

D

Deleted member

I'm still not sure how I feel about a possible Smash U NX port.

Part of me would just like to see Smash 4 with a couple more characters and modes.

But I'd also like to see the NX get its own entry
One thing about having a Wii U port would be that NX sales get to explode right at launch. Nintendo wants that to happen, right? And on the other side of things, it'd be pretty underwhelming. There would no features that take full advantage of the NX's [unknown] capabilities. I would still prefer the new console to have its own entry, but if they want some big sales, then yeah, they can go ahead with the port.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

People felt it played perfectly and the only thing it needed was the usual more characters + stages.

Come Brawl and nearly everything got an overhaul. It could very well happen with Smash 4 too.
Well, maybe this time Sakurai will do the right thing.
Melee didn't need to be overhauled IMO. Some changes sure, but I still think Melee was the most fun.

Back before Smash 4 was officially unveiled Sakurai said he wanted to do something different and that he "wasn't just going to add more characters and stages".

And I'm just like...why not? More characters and stages on top of the good stuff we have is a dream scenario for me.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
So the newest Studio Killers music video is out.

Oh wow, that artstyle is beautiful.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
There's literally no reason to even say something like this other than to be a ****.
Even the Waluigi fans such as myself knew he wasn't going to be DLC what with being an Assist and all.
This a million times.
Don't slander characters just to do it.

I feel the same way about the Bayonetta post honestly.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Merry Christmas Eve from Uncle Roger everyone! If any jolly fat men approach you this night remember two things. First? If he's wearing red? He's okay and will not touch your no no parts. Second? Tell that ************ he owes me for Christmas 1967. Fat *******.
Isn't your family supposed to fight against Santa since Steve tried to accidentally killed him?

I love that Christmas special

MainJPW

M.T.A
But they put so much effort into the costumes..... won't people get mad if it gets changed next game? People get mad at wanting to change Ganondorf...

Plus OOPS I forgot to say this in the Inkling thread but I worry Sakurai doesn't think they're unique enoguh if another Fire Emblem character got in instead of them. If Corrin only got in because he was unique why didn't the Inklings....

Not sure why anyone would get upset about costumes being promoted to playable...and by that I mean I'm certain no one would.

Sakurai didn't at all think Inklings were less unique, it's alot more likely that their gameplay was simply too complex to try to implement this time around; you know how Sakurai wants to stay true to how a character is portrayed ingame.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Does anyone think from this point onward Intellegent Systems will make sure that the main characters of their future Fire Emblem games have some really unique attribute as to basically guarantee them getting into future Smash games?

Sakurai said he wanted to add a character from an upcoming title and Fire Emblem Fates scheduled release was "in just the right spot". Basically Splatoon came out too soon for the Inklings to be added as DLC, which is lame as hell.

Starry.

No Life Princess
It would seem that I touched a nerve lol.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Who would you choose?

A character from Fatal Frame or Alex from Eternal Darkness?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Who would you choose?

A character from Fatal Frame or Alex from Eternal Darkness?
Definitely Fatal Frame.

1. It's a Koei Tecmo rep.
2. It's an ongoing series.
3. It honestly has as much history with Nintendo as Eternal Darkness at this point
4. A character that fights with a ghost-killing camera would be extremely unique
5. FF girls are way cuter than Alex

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd honestly rather have a new Smash or a combination of both games' features. Wii U only port is pointless. Both versions have always mattered, and the Wii U version was held back by the 3DS' limitations on purpose. Albeit, it only really affected character-related things, as the Wii U version allows a lot of other things, including more items, swimming, various videos...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
how much did that cost you? those repros are a bit (but fairly) pricey and i can see why because they had to do a ton of things to the cartridge chip
Sorry for the late reply but I got it for $65. There was a different website with the same product for $20 more but they were sold out.

And I tested the cart and works perfectly.

But prices of reproduction carts varies: Depending on website, system of game, and the demand for the specific game.

Starry.

No Life Princess
The twins from Crimson Butterfly (i.e. the ones that got a trophy).

You knew damn well what you were doing.
It's not like my comment was targeted towards you. You were the one who decided to take offence for seemingly no reason. I'd be more understanding if what I said was just a stand alone statement however that wasn't the case, I was asked what my opinion on the direct was and I gave it.

Last edited:

Poots

Smash Journeyman
Maybe if we all use the power of these triple 7's Waluigi will one day be playable in Smash.

I really hope they decide to focus on the characters they have now rather than drastically overhaul everything again. I mean, I love Subspace as much as the next guy, but the older characters are starting to feel a little bland when compared to the newer ones.

Honestly, I just want them to give characters like D.K, Bowser and Sonic more personality. The Kong in smash isn't D.K, It's pretty much just a gorilla that does Gorilla things. Legitimately nothing about D.K's move-set says "Donkey Kong" outside of his final smash. Other characters share this problem as well, but D.K is just the best example.

*Edit: I forgot to mention D.K's Dash attack and down special, as well as his crouching and jumping animation. His eyes popping out of his head was a nice reference, but his over-all character just feels lacking to me.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Please remember:

Da Rules said:
1. Large images (Images that stretch a normal text post) must be put into spoiler tags.

2. In order to keep discussion going, and to prevent 'meme-posting',we are limiting the number of videos per page. Please limit 5 videos per page.

3. Images, videos, etc must be relevant to the topic at hand, or be a new topic that the user wants to introduce. Posts that are for "like-farming" are not permitted.

4. Listen to the mods. If a moderator tells you to stop, then stop. If you have an issue with what that moderator's decision, please PM that moderator. If you do not feel comfortable addressing that moderator directly, please bring the issue to Forum Support. Do not continue fighting in the thread. We will hand out infractions.

5. You must respect the person. You can disagree with their logic, but personal attacks are not tolerated. A minor trolling infraction will be given to first time offenders. Repeat offenders will be given additional infraction points.

6. Your post must be substantial. "Happy birthday" posts must have something related to the topic on hand. You may always post a 'happy birthday' message on the user's page, or PM without reservations.
You don't want a visit from ol' Salt Nick. ;)

Here's a present for you guys:

It's Sakurai discussing criticism and content creators! Perfect for all boys and girls.

For me, a familiar example would be…in Smash, Cloud recently became a playable character. And there were people that strongly criticized that, saying “Stop adding non-Nintendo characters!” This is completely ignoring the fact that I’ve added many, many Nintendo characters to Smash. It also ignores the many fans who were overjoyed at Cloud’s addition. Looking at the big picture, I am on the receiving end of countless amounts of truly trivial statements.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Maybe if we all use the power of these triple 7's Waluigi will one day be playable in Smash.

I really hope they decide to focus on the characters they have now rather than drastically overhaul everything again. I mean, I love Subspace as much as the next guy, but the older characters are starting to feel a little bland when compared to the newer ones.

Honestly, I just want them to give characters like D.K, Bowser and Sonic more personality. The Kong in smash isn't D.K, It's pretty much just a gorilla that does Gorilla things. Legitimately nothing about D.K's move-set says "Donkey Kong" outside of his final smash. Other characters share this problem as well, but D.K is just the best example.
Honestly his Side Special might be the biggest offender. :p The Hand Slap Down Special and the roll as a Dash Attack (when I saw that it changed to that I was legitimately hyped) are great though.

And Giant Punch, too, since it might be based off the DK cartoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom