• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonVallier

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KipVallier
3DS FC
3866-8291-8606
This post is a little buried but I don't see any answers, so I'm gonna answer this one.

Terraria expert here. Currently playing through the 3DS version myself. The only thing of this sort seems to be a laser gun that is clearly the NES Zapper. Nobody else has reported finding anything other than this, so I suppose that's it. There's the Link and Mario outfits but those are in every version, except they aren't discolored in this one.
Sorry for taking along time to respond but thank you for answering me:)
Also I got it and the controls are great!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not where I live, sadly.

I can only get it from that Coke vending machine with a 100 flavors

But that's only in a Firehouse Subs that's not even close to me
I actually feel really sorry for you

Vanilla coke is really good

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I am one custom away from getting every custom move in Super Smash Broa for Wii U.

Sonic please. Give me the last one.:4sonic:

D

Deleted member

Holy shoot, I'm the only one looking at this thread ATM... That's a first. :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Everyone should try one of my favorite holiday things to do

Add a candy cane to 7up/ Sprite. I'm not picky. 7 up's better

Peppermint 7 up is pretty dang good.

Add that to egg nog, and that tastes good as well

I want peppermint 7 up to be an official holiday flavor

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
You know, a lot of us say that Marth and Ike deserve to be in Smash because they were the main character of two games.

Well Corrin is in the same boat. :troll:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I am one custom away from getting every custom move in Super Smash Broa for Wii U.

Sonic please. Give me the last one.:4sonic:
That happened to me once.

Then I realised I'd miscounted.

I wish there was an easier way of keeping track of what you still needed in Smash.

Seems weird that for a game with so much content you can effectively play blind until your miraculously just have everything.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Captain Toad is now in Super Mario Maker!

Also, I can't say I'd really care if Daisy were added, but good for her fans if she does get in eventually.
Why'd you bring up Daisy here? No really, why? Cause it seems like your just trying to force a meme

"Waifus" was not why Awakening is popular the way it was. It was a very accessible title for many people due to the permadeath (which was a huge barrier) mechanic being optional. Along with the fact they used things that helped familiarity to further make the game more attractive to customers (such as the many references to Marth, who was popular among Smash fans).

I knew sooo many people that tried Fire Emblem after Smash Bros and were turned off due to the difficulty and the permdeath feature. But that barrier is now gone. The whole waifu aspect may have helped sales a bit, but I don't think it was the most successful part of the game.
Actually Naoshi, the permadeath mechanic being optional was first done in Fire Emblem New Mystery, not Awakening.

excuse you, it's ♯FE
no but to be fair it doesn't really have an english title yet

also i wouldn't be surprised if atlus (read: sega) kept the rights to the original stuff, smrpg-style
I somehow doubt Nintendo will let ATLUS keep the original stuff, they may have learned their lesson of doing that, with what happened with Geno and Square

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::rosalina::4bowserjr::4wario::4dk::4diddy::4gaw::4littlemac::4link::4zelda:
:4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink::4samus::4zss::4pit::4palutena::4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4duckhunt::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight:
:4fox::4falco::4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4rob::4ness::4falcon::4villager::4olimar::4wiifit::4shulk:
:4drmario::4darkpit::4lucina::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4ryu::4cloud::4corrin::4bayonetta::4mii:
Guess who got every custom move?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Tell me how you obtained the customs for DLC characters that not only do not have customs moves, but also ones who are not even released yet. :p
Well they have none, so I already have theirs. :troll:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>Got spam infraction for an image only post even though it wasn't an image only post

That isn't in the spirit of Christmas.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
So, considering there were 1.8 Million votes, I think that solidifies my theory on Rool's "support ceiling". If the forum-based Smash community that's aware of K Rool. is made up of 100,000 members and 1/5 voted Rool, that's only a little more than 1% of the total vote share going to him. Not ballot-winning material, and I feel like I'm being pretty generous there.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Game/Film Theory presents to you the long awaited sequel to the "ROSALINA IS TOTALLY PEACH'S DAUGHTER GUYS" theory.

"ELSA IS TOTALLY NOT ANNA'S SISTER"

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Rosalina, Isabelle, and Lightning are all siblings produced for the sole purpose of being pushed onto us by gaming companies.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Rosalina, Isabelle, and Lightning are all siblings produced for the sole purpose of being pushed onto us by gaming companies.
idk who lightning is

but how were rosalina and isabelle produced to be pushed onto us?

They needed a new gal for the galaxy games (even tho she got ditched), who'd you think they'd use? Daisy? Birdo? and it's not like they thought "Yeah, we gonna make her and she gon be in Smash!!!!" She probably wouldn't be in Smash if Sakurai didn't think "i wanna puppeteer".

And with Isabelle, they wanted to revolutionize the AC games and add in the Mayor system. You think they'd use Gracie or Tom Nook to be your secretary? No, they need someone new.

If anyone was made to be pushed onto us, it's Lottie since while they did kind of need someone to have the "guiding" role akin to Isabelle, her role could've easily been replaced by Digby, Tom Nook, or Lyle. And she got an amiibo, announced before her game released even tho she was (and still is) the newest AC character. Got one before the likes of Resseti, Kapp'n, etc.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, now that it's Christmas Eve, for those of you that celebrate Christmas, how do you plan on spending it?
Rosalina is the hot middle sister
Isabelle is the cute younger one
And Lighting is the alcoholic older one that beats them up once she gets home

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The Lightning meme is the worst meme since it doesn't apply to Lightning, let alone half of the characters internet communities think it does.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::rosalina::4bowserjr::4wario::4dk::4diddy::4gaw::4littlemac::4link::4zelda:
:4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink::4samus::4zss::4pit::4palutena::4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4duckhunt::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight:
:4fox::4falco::4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4rob::4ness::4falcon::4villager::4olimar::4wiifit::4shulk:
:4drmario::4darkpit::4lucina::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4ryu::4cloud::4corrin::4bayonetta::4mii:
Guess who got every custom move?
Hey! You cheating! How can you have Custom Move for all the DLC character? Even the one who haven't be released yet?
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!!!!!!!!!

kappa.png

But hey, now you can play Ganondorf with a sword. Totally make it the best game evar.:079: (Seriously tough, Custom Ganondorf is so fun to play.)

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Interesting line of logic...
I'll remember this one day, when I am the last man alive on Earth.

"There is nobody left to make friends with, so clearly I have all the friends in the world!"
:^)
Only for me to show and say "Not anymore, we share the same amount"

The Lightning meme is the worst meme since it doesn't apply to Lightning, let alone half of the characters internet communities think it does.
The only character the Lighting comparison that works is Marie from Persona 4 Golden.

The comparisons with characters like Rosalina is more of "This ***** took Daisy's spot, **** her" and Isabelle of "This girl is too nice and people say she's my waifu are weird"

Popular characters will do that to you :4lucario::4lucina:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Those are my two favorite characters in Smash...
It sucks being a fan of relatively innocuous characters with no attraction to them in a world where they are everyone's waifu.
Yep. A wonderful feeling indeed :4zss::4wiifit:

Khoru

Smash Champion
"Lightning is the first female protagonist in the Final Fantasy series"
uh
yeah
absolutely
if you ignore terra
and yuna

D

Deleted member

"Lightning is the first female protagonist in the Final Fantasy series"
uh
yeah
absolutely
if you ignore terra
and yuna
And Celes in the World of Ruin but no one seems to care about her

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
For that first female FF protagonist, I think they meant solo headliner.

It still sounds stupid but I'm trying to make sense of that comment. Terra and Celes are indeed the first female protagonist but FF6 have more than one protagonist. Locke, Edgar and even Sabin

Lightning is the only protagonist of XIII (not counting the awful sequels)

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So apparently, the Nintendo Subreddit is in turmoil right now.

I'm not going to say what's going on there in order to prevent drama from starting here, but I'm just giving you a heads up if your going to go there. The thing that's happening isn't really substantial, but I just don't want this thread to become really dramatic.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
For that first female FF protagonist, I think they meant solo headliner.

It still sounds stupid but I'm trying to make sense of that comment. Terra and Celes are indeed the first female protagonist but FF6 have more than one protagonist. Locke, Edgar and even Sabin

Lightning is the only protagonist of XIII (not counting the awful sequels)
Lightning wasn't the only protagonist of XIII. There were 5 others that were just as important and whom you arguably spend more time with.

And she was in XIII-2 for like, 15 minutes, not counting DLC.

Lightning Returns is the only game where she is a solo protagonist.

Which is why the "Lighting" meme is stupid, because it doesn't apply to her. Especially since she's actually quite popular (I hear she's like a literal popular role model in Japan, or was at one point), even people who don't like XIII because "MUH LINEAR" still like Lightning.

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
I don't usually post in this thread (I probably should, I lurk here quite often) but I thought I'd share this little gem that I found: located in Osaka, a statue of Snake dressed appropriately for the festive season. It made me smile today, and hopefully, you do too!

Merry Christmas everyone! <3 <3 <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom