• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
...I honestly thought I'd ever see someone seriously going for peppy and SLIPPY for smash... And over wolf at that...
BRB, have a video of someone requesting Peppy and Slippy. It'll take a few minutes so please be patient.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
...I honestly thought I'd ever see someone seriously going for peppy and SLIPPY for smash... And over wolf at that...
I'm a huge supporter of both slippy and peppy and think they both should've been and still should be in smash before wolf.Honestly if wolf wasn't in brawl i dont think he would have as much support that he has

D

Deleted member

I'm a huge supporter of both slippy and peppy and think they both should've been and still should be in smash before wolf.Honestly if wolf wasn't in brawl i dont think he would have as much support that he has
I mean, I'm not judging. I can see your PoV especially considering the unique moveset part. And that wolf wouldn't be so requested if he wasn't a veteran.(That can be said for a ton of other veterans too.)

I'm just rather surprised is all, considering that they're usualky used as joke ideas for smash. LOL.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Meme Post/ Media only
I mean, I'm not judging. I can see your PoV especially considering the unique moveset part. And that wolf wouldn't be so requested if he wasn't a veteran.(That can be said for a ton of other veterans too.)

I'm just rather surprised is all, considering that they're usualky used as joke ideas for smash. LOL.
DO A BARREL ROLE!!!

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
first of all dont use a bad fake leak as a point or evidence as to why your argument makes sense.Second of all why wolf?.I mean if they wanted to advertise SF0 why not use Slippy or Peppy.Their both main characters,both are iconic nintendo characters espeically slippy who i say is more iconic than wolf.And both can have unique movesets. Wolf's not even the main bad guy of the game.If he wasn't a smash veteran we literally wouldn't be having this discussion.
Wait, wouldn't Peppy be the more iconic one out of him and Slippy, since Peppy's Do a Barrel Quote is one of the biggest memes in all of gaming, so much so that even none Star Fox fans recognise it.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Wait, wouldn't Peppy be the more iconic one out of him and Slippy, since Peppy's Do a Barrel Quote is one of the biggest memes in all of gaming, so much so that even none Star Fox fans recognise it.
Actually, it's not just one of the biggest memes in all of gaming, it's one of the biggest memes, period.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I say there on the same level.Just being main characters just makes them more important than wolf to me.But i say people remember slippy for his infamous roles of always being in trouble and Peppy quotes.So i say their on the same level but i could be wrong.....if that made sense

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
With only two characters, I always thought Fox and Falco are a better way to represent StarFox than Fox and Wolf... remember before the whole vanilla roster was revealed, discussions between Falco vs Wolf were common

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I feel this guy should've at least gotten a Mii Outfit,

Poor guy, he was pretty much screwed over... :/

Chrono.

I would've liked Wolf back as much as the next guy, but I wouldn't like if he came back just to promote Zero. That would've come off as insanely cheap.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I finished Xenoblade chornicles X!

I'm FRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEE. (Except I still have a lot to do in the game. But spoilers wise I'm not as concerned).

An amazing game. Honestly, I don't know how to compare it to the first game. They both have strengths and weaknesses.

But man. It's been a long time coming. I'm overall happy with it.

D

Deleted member

Not saying it's the only factor, but if GS's peak had happened at a time without competition so stiff, I can't imagine Isaac would have remained omitted. He had popularity, potential, and had just come off two highly successful games.
Considering who his "competition" was, i.e. the non-guest, non-"if there's time" semi-clone Newcomers, I seriously doubt the timing of his games had anything to do with it.
I.e. his main "competitor" was Olimar. Yes, Pikmin 2 was out it 2004, but there are a lot more factors as to why Olimar would be picked before Isaac.

I'm also mixed about DD. Sure it could've turned out a lot more favourably, but it did keep the series afloat as opposed to nothing. However, all we got from DD was a single piece of music, so... it may have well not existed when it came to Smash.
My point about DD is not the fact the game didn't do as well as the previous titles. I have "Isaac" in italics for a reason in my previous post.
It would help Matthew more than Isaac for the same reasons Earthbound's existence got Ness in Smash 64 instead of Ninten and how, if Ness wasn't already in Smash, Mother 3 would help Lucas only for Brawl.

Last edited by a moderator:
So SMTxFE is coming out soon in Japan and a few review scores have rolled in. Naturally the SMTxFE character thread has gotten to talking about it. So I have a Strawpoll

http://strawpoll.me/6352099
Are you interested in the game?

Personally, I think the gameplay looks decent and fanservice doesnt affect me so im at least giving it a shot.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So SMTxFE is coming out soon in Japan and a few review scores have rolled in. Naturally the SMTxFE character thread has gotten to talking about it. So I have a Strawpoll

Personally, I think the gameplay looks decent and fanservice doesnt affect me so im at least giving it a shot.
I'm saving my money for Fates, and I don't know much about Shin Megami Tensei to care about buying it.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
so i have a question. how difficult are the fire emblem games? i've never played one and i'm considering getting fates with the hoshido side. anyone care to indulge?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I have no immediate interest in either series and it doesn't even look like a good introduction to either, so not really.

Bananija

Count of Trickery

I picked the last option because I'm not interested in the game but my reason is that I don't own a 3DS.

D

Deleted member

That's hypocritical,
*grabs popcorn*
This ought to be good...

First off, Corrin wasn't suggested by Nintendo, Sakurai decided upon him after consulting a list of upcoming games with them
It wasn't until it was pointed out that Fates was the prime candidate in terms of timing that he thought of Corrin. Ergo, Nintendo basically led him to the idea.
While "Nintendo suggested Corrin to Sakurai" was a poor choice of words on my part, the basic idea remains the same.

Especially since Sakurai "personally felt having too many Fire Emblem characters was a problem", and only after "talking it over with the development staff and discussing logistics" did he feel certain he could make Corrin a fun character to outweigh the "problem".

And the way it's hypocritical is that your entire passage is an opinion yet you're giving me flak for my passage being an opinion...
"First off", I'm not "giving you flak" for your opinion. I'm pointing out that the way you see things isn't the reality of how things work.
Second of all, I'm going off on what actually happened, not what I "think should happen".

Chrono.

I think I might just wait for a price drop, idk.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sorry guys, I didn't mean to be "That guy" but I just feel like you guys don't really tend to get along with me... I mean I'm sorry if I've done stuff, and if I have I deeply regret it, and I hope could all understand that I'm going through some rough times, as high school really isn't easy on me, so please, go easy on me if that's okay.
Can I just say a few things?
And don't take it the wrong way, I don't want to sound rude or mean, but I can't sugarcoat this either.

Posts like these are what get you into these situations. First off you have used excuses like oh my twin brother did this, or I'm sorry I didn't know! I won't do it again! You post a lot of things that are either inaccurate or completely wrong in context. And then with things like your wolf post, you used poor evidence to support your claim, and were stating it as it should just happen, how they hell did it not happen? etc. All of your posts like these get you "Attacked as you say" When that's not the case, if you wrong then it will be pointed out, if your want to start a topic that would lead to a debate, then you better be prepared to fight back and backup your side of the argument. Just saying things like Wolf should just promote Star Fox Zero, are not going to be accepted without you giving decent reasons as to why.

Also excuses like the ones mentioned earlier, in addition to these are terrible, plain and simple. No one will take you serious or listen to you if you speak like this, Especially something like High School isn't easy on me!

Let me Just say this:

9 out of 10 times LIFE SUCKS! BUT you shouldn't used it as an excuse for pity. You have to face life and kick it's *** everyday before it kicks yours. You want to change how your treated? Change how you act!

And as for the High School part? IT sucks for everyone... There is always one time where it's rough, and a majority of the users here are either in High School or even College. As a college student, let me just say this:

It's a hell of a lot worse. Should you let it stop you? Hell No! For example, I myself and currently in an advanced and faster paced college curriculum. Yeah it's hard at times, but I make sure to study and keep up with my work. I don't let challenges stop me or complain to others about them and have them take pity on me.

You have to deal with life yourself. Just complain about it won't change a thing. You need to be the change!

High School and college can be rough, but if you face what's in front of you, not only can you succeed but you can find that they both can be a lot of fun!

But moving on....

In conclusion, You keep saying your saying, or that life's rough. I'm going to say this: So what? As I've already said, everyone else has faced the same things you have in one way or another. Yeah life's tough, but you shouldn't used it to try and justify your reasoning for people to go easy on you.

If you a wrong, then no big deal, apologize and move on. No one will hate or attack you. If real life sucks at times, but again everyone deals with it, don't let it be a wall and affect how you act online. If you accept what I've said in the post, and begin to try and make your posting on here seem better( so that you aren't viewed as a bad or just average poster who no one takes seriously), and yourself, then you'll be less "attacked"( whic you really aren't being) and can up the quality of what you say quite a lot!

Again, I don't want to sound mean with this, but I could dot around the subject, and wanted to at least point out what could be fixed. I hope you aren't upset by this, and that I actually helped you feel a bit better.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Online - With Anyone - For Fun - Smash
PAC-MAN / Roy / Toon Link / Captain Falcon
Yoshi's Island (BRAWL)
- - -
I get Home-Run Bat
Start flailing it everywhere
Hitting everyone, but Falcon keeps running into it on accident whiffing Raptor Boost (Take note of this)
After hitting Roy, I chuck it at Toon Link as a "YOU TAKE IT" offering
I grab a Beehive and Z (or L, in my case) Drop it above Toon Link
Falcon knees Toon Link and gets hit by the Beehive
[ You have been disconnected for repeatedly targeting one Player. ]
*Banana'd for 10 minutes*
"THIS IS NOT FINE."

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yoshi's Island (BRAWL)
- - -
I get Home-Run Bat
Hitting everyone, but Falcon keeps running into it on accident whiffing Raptor Boost (Take note of this)
"THIS IS NOT FINE."
I hate when this happens but in for glory smash. It's annoying that when they interfere you can be punished for it.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
If Star Fox were to get another character, surely a shrunken version of Andross would be preferable. A floating head with unattached arms... it'd almost be like having Rayman...

Khoru

Smash Champion
so i have a question. how difficult are the fire emblem games? i've never played one and i'm considering getting fates with the hoshido side. anyone care to indulge?
it varies wildly but hoshido is hyper easy-modo so

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I'm here LIVE from For Fun
Found a new server and the Falcon from earlier just entered the server
Ohboi

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If Star Fox were to get another character, surely a shrunken version of Andross would be preferable. A floating head with unattached arms... it'd almost be like having Rayman...
I actually think Andross would be pretty cool if they pulled him off right.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Yoshi's Island (BRAWL)
- - -
I get Home-Run Bat
"THIS IS NOT FINE."
I'm here LIVE from For Fun
Found a new server and the Falcon from earlier just entered the server
Ohboi
Greeting AGAIN from For Fun
I left in order to find new people
Waiting for Player 4 in the 3rd Server and the Falcon from before joined in again

I think he's following me
Either that or he's really desperate for a salty runback for all the time's I've kicked their rear end :4pacman:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Would they just use andross' head and arms...?

I mean he did have a body once.

He has blood relatives after all

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
You know, I should get to trying Star Fox & Star Fox 2 on SNES.

And I'm still proud of getting a Star Fox 2 cart for my twin bro's Xmas gift.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
You know, I should get to trying Star Fox & Star Fox 2 on SNES.

And I'm still proud of getting a Star Fox 2 cart for my twin bro's Xmas gift.
how much did that cost you? those repros are a bit (but fairly) pricey and i can see why because they had to do a ton of things to the cartridge chip

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Captain Toad is now in Super Mario Maker!

Also, I can't say I'd really care if Daisy were added, but good for her fans if she does get in eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Is Corrin, and Ryu the only characters with Vortex like moves?
"Vortex-like moves?"
Not gonna pretend that I know what that means but....
:4kirby::4dedede: inhale.
:4megaman: Air Shooter.
:4dk: storm punch and tornado custom up b
:4duckhunt: tornado custom up b

NOW.

To catch up on something.

A) :wolf:'s return didn't hinge on promoting SF:Zero to any extent.
What do he and :4lucas:have in common?

They're quasi-clone newcomers of Brawl who were planned to be in Melee and ultimately cut for main disc Smash 4 with very vocal fanbases behind their return and in general their series which have a VERY weighted audience to one region whose special moves were divied up as customs for the other characters of the series.

Differences?
Lucas got in, is a more japan-tied character, and was more well recieved initialy.
Wolf is a very West-heavy character and is part of a series that is continuing, with him a good part of it.

He had just about every damn reason to return. Grumble Grumble.

B) SMT x FE, STILL, is glorious to me.

Because I said.

"Man, between Persona and Awakening... both of these series have those elitists who complain about the fanservicey 'Waifu simulator VN' nature of the most succesful parts FOR their series. I... I have to see how this crosses together."

AND THEN WE GOT WHAT WE DID.

AND I LAUGHED.

I'MMA BUY IT DAY 1

BUT STILL.

Chrono.

"Vortex-like moves?"
Not gonna pretend that I know what that means but....
:4kirby::4dedede: inhale.
:4megaman: Air Shooter.
:4dk: storm punch and tornado custom up b
:4duckhunt: tornado custom up b

NOW.

To catch up on something.

A) :wolf:'s return didn't hinge on promoting SF:Zero to any extent.
What do he and :4lucas:have in common?

They're quasi-clone newcomers of Brawl who were planned to be in Melee and ultimately cut for main disc Smash 4 with very vocal fanbases behind their return and in general their series which have a VERY weighted audience to one region whose special moves were divied up as customs for the other characters of the series.

Differences?
Lucas got in, is a more japan-tied character, and was more well recieved initialy.
Wolf is a very West-heavy character and is part of a series that is continuing, with him a good part of it.

He had just about every damn reason to return. Grumble Grumble.

B) SMT x FE, STILL, is glorious to me.

Because I said.

"Man, between Persona and Awakening... both of these series have those elitists who complain about the fanservicey 'Waifu simulator VN' nature of the most succesful parts FOR their series. I... I have to see how this crosses together."

AND THEN WE GOT WHAT WE DID.

AND I LAUGHED.

I'MMA BUY IT DAY 1

BUT STILL.
Wolf was never planned for Melee actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom