• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't have a Wii U, so that's not an option for me... yet.

(Still think it's lame for not existing GBA and DS titles for the 3DS... There must be understandable reasons, but it does leave a sour taste nonetheless.)
You're missing out, FE7 is godlike
The Lost Levels. The hardest Mario game ever. (If you don't count SMM or Kaizo)
I've beaten LL, take that!
Luigi's Ladies.

The next smash-hit romcom dating sim of course.
We need the NintenZone dating sim to get made

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
IGN's Explorers of sky review is where I just gave up on ever listening to review sites opinions.
This does not make me look forward to how they will pan down Super Mystery Dungeon, because most reviewers label all Pokemon Spinoffs as garbage for no reason

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
You're contradicting yourself here...
I respectfully don't see how.

10 is perfection, W101 got a 7, thus W101 isn't perfection?

Or, what's perfection to you isn't perfection to someone else. There really wasn't any sort of contradiction in what Burb said.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I don't have a Wii U, so that's not an option for me... yet.

(Still think it's lame for not existing GBA and DS titles for the 3DS... There must be understandable reasons, but it does leave a sour taste nonetheless.)
You can just emulate 1-8 through your laptop/Computer

What's that? People gave a game a relatively decent score? Oh the utter horror for not giving it the 10 out of 10 it truly deserves. Truly critics are the scum of humanity.
Well, most of my favorite games are about like a 7.5/10.

The greatest game ever made isn't a 10/10

D

Deleted member

I respectfully don't see how.

10 is perfection, W101 got a 7, thus W101 isn't perfection?

Or, what's perfection to you isn't perfection to someone else. There really wasn't any sort of contradiction in what Burb said.
Saying you don't give a 7 to perfection and saying that's why TW101 has a 7
Can't you see the contradiction here?

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I honestly think review scores should go, I much prefer Gamexplain's new way of rating things. I also like in depth reviews that let the watcher decide what they think instead of listening to 4/10 or 10/10 scores that don't mean anything in the end since it all comes down to opinion.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Opossum Opossum So I saw the trailer for that Christmas movie, it looks hilarious actually, the commercial didn't give a good impression on me probably because it was 15 seconds long, tried to jumpscare you, and I was half asleep at the time, but the actual trailer looks great, it's very funny, it's basically your typical Christmas movie meets your typical horror movie and I've got to say that it's a suprisingly good mashup that works very well, kinda reminds me of Scream Queens. I plan on seeing it.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I honestly think review scores should go, I much prefer Gamexplain's new way of rating things. I also like in depth reviews that let the watcher decide what they think instead of listening to 4/10 or 10/10 scores that don't mean anything in the end since it all comes down to opinion.
I really didn't like their W101 review, it got things wrong and the game got criticized for said false flaws

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I really didn't like their W101 review, it got things wrong and the game got criticized for said false flaws
Gamexplain? I more so meant their scoring system, "liked it", "loved it" etc.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Saying you don't give a 7 to perfection and saying that's why TW101 has a 7
Can't you see the contradiction here?
Hmm.

People are complaining about a 7/10 score? Just because it's not a 10 doesn't mean it's a bad score. It's closer to 10 than it is to 1.

I think 7 is a pretty fair score for TW101.
Do you give perfection a 7?(implication that to one, W101 is a perfect game)

The answer is: no, you don't
Nope.

Which is why TW101 got a 7 and not a 10. :awesome:(someone else thinking the game isn't perfect)
It's a matter of context.

You don't give perfection a 7; Burb's joke meant that W101 fits this criteria because the game, fundamentally, isn't perfect, which is why it gets a 7/10.

The way you worded the second quote implies that to you, W101 is perfection. To anyone else, it's not, hence the third quote.

I still don't see the contraction.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Try beating 2, you won't have much fun doing that.
Simon's Quest isn't hard, it's just confusing. If you know what you're doing you can beat it fairly quickly.

Castlevania III is a ***** and a half. First game is pretty easy if you know what you're doing and good at spamming holy water.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Simon's Quest isn't hard, it's just confusing. If you know what you're doing you can beat it fairly quickly.

Castlevania III is a ***** and a half. First game is pretty easy if you know what you're doing and good at spamming holy water.
Yeah, three is the hardest, but Simon's Quest is the most confusing imo.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I just think it's funny when people get upset over review scores just because they don't agree with it. It's hard to take anyone complaining about reviews seriously unless they actually say something that is factually wrong about the game, or the review just has poor arguments backing up their opinion.

This isn't directed at anyone, but just putting my 2 cents into the matter.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I said it, and I'm gonna say it again. (Or quote it)
Guys can we stop talking about review scores, what matters is that you play the game and that you enjoy it, not what some other person says about it.

Naoshi

Because Gamespot are idiots. They reducted points for Metroid Prime 3 for not being Halo and for the controls being too good
EUGH did they really do that? Metroid and Halo should never be like each other, both have their own game design and goals.

I remember when IGN said that Fire Emblem for Wii should've had Miis, but idk if they reducted points for that.

Naoshi

I never said our SMB2 was a bad game.

I'm just saying it would've been better as a spin-off.

Besides,
it was all just a dream :glare:
I know you didn't

But I do agree its odd to call it SMB2 when it plays nothing like the other mainline Mario games. Although it did lead us to getting the amazing GBA remake

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
EUGH did they really do that? Metroid and Halo should never be like each other, both have their own game design and goals.

I remember when IGN said that Fire Emblem for Wii should've had Miis, but idk if they reducted points for that.
As someone who loves Metroid, I definitely agree, although they are both space people with guns with heavy lore, especially for the Prime games, they are still different genres regardless

IGN MADE MIIS IN SM4SH! KILL EM!

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Because Gamespot are idiots. They reducted points for Metroid Prime 3 for not being Halo and for the controls being too good
But you're letting these guys upset you because they said something stupid.

If you know the game is good
The game runs and controls well
And it's designed to be fun and it is then why should you be upset over it.

Don't let some guys on the Internet upset you that much over a game. Stupidity will forever exist but if you're even upset over it shows that you're on their level. Go above.

It's like the old saying

"Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one"
Don't worry about it and don't get upset over reviews. We already know gaming journalism sucks so why get salty and triggered over it each day.
Be happy :colorful:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I 100% completed all the courses and crafted all the costumes in Triforce Heroes today! It was a pain to get the last material, but I finally did it! I'm a bit bummed that you can't even get the friendly material via streetpass. I'm not sure if I'll ever get the last two costumes...which is a shame because I was looking forward to these two the most since they were revealed early on.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I never said our SMB2 was a bad game.

I'm just saying it would've been better as a spin-off.

Besides,
it was all just a dream :glare:
And Mario 3 took place in a theater.
Besides, looking at SMB2 JP I could argue we weren't missing much. It's practically the same game with different levels (kinda like the NSMB series).

Naoshi

SMB2 JP was kinda cheap in parts. It was fun when it didn't throw those annoying curveballs at you for no good reason.

Hated the game overall. I avoided every single pipes because some of them (even unsuspecting ones) lead me back to the beginning of the game. ughhhhh

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
But you're letting these guys upset you because they said something stupid.

If you know the game is good
The game runs and controls well
And it's designed to be fun and it is then why should you be upset over it.

Don't let some guys on the Internet upset you that much over a game. Stupidity will forever exist but if you're even upset over it shows that you're on their level. Go above.

It's like the old saying

"Opinions are like ********, everyone has one"
Don't worry about it and don't get upset over reviews. We already know gaming journalism sucks so why get salty and triggered over it each day.
Be happy :colorful:
I'm not letting the reviews ruin my fun with the game, but it just sucks seeing very petty stuff regardless of what the situation is

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I said it, and I'm gonna say it again. (Or quote it)
Some people do care about review scores, though. I agree, review scores don't matter to me and I have yet to find any reviewer I will trust 100% (or really, to much of a degree at all) without feeling the need to try it out myself because experiences with all kinds of media, including games, can be so subjective, but not everyone feels that way, or reviews would not still be such a prominent form of writing.

It's been said before but I'll say it again: If you don't like the current topic of discussion in the thread, the best two solutions are to either A) leave and come back when the topic has changed, or B) ignore the current topic of discussion and start a different one. Asking people to change the subject has been proven time and again to be ineffective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom