• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Nah. I don't hate myself. I never played it. I just happened to find a game cart of the SNES version in the closet and then suddenly, curiosity just sprung up. Is it really as bad as they say?
I've never played Bubsy 3D, but I've never heard anyone say something positive about it with sincerity.

Even Sonic '06 has some apologists.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I feel betrayed Burb
How could you say such things?
It's just an opinion.

It's like if I got offended at someone saying that Prime Hunters is a crap game when I consider it to be one of the DS' better games. Really no different than your...love, per se, for W101.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's just an opinion.

It's like if I got offended at someone saying that Prime Hunters is a crap game when I consider it to be one of the DS' better games. Really no different than your...love, per se, for W101.
I'm gonna assume you don't know that it was a joke

Arcturian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Arcturian
The hacker's name was Towel, and his most recent video showed him deleting some of Joel's videos.
I just checked Joel's channel, and all of his videos have been removed and replaced with this Towel guy's videos.

This sucks, Joel is one of the few lets players I actually enjoy. Hopefully he can bounce back from this.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
I just saw Towel's video. What makes him have the right to delete Joel's videos? Gosh, I hope Joel claims his channel back ASAP.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I wonder how this even happened to Joel?

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Never really watched Vinesauce, but I definitely feel bad for Joel and his fans. I hope they get this all solved. :(

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
It's worth mentioning that all of Joel's videos have been backed up. So that's taken care of.

Still a crappy situation, nonetheless.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
I was wondering about Towel. Is he some sort of troll in anyway? Or did he have anything personal with Joel as of late?

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Simon Belmont is quite obviously never going to happen, but Geno is sort of on a tier of his own.

Geno's a third party character representing a series that's already got the most reps of any series in SSB4, is no longer used within that series, and has a ton of other more popular and recognizable characters that would (and should) take priority over him. The company that owns him also has a multitude of iconic games and characters that would likely be prioritized over Geno as well.

Simon's biggest issue is that he comes from Konami. There's basically no chance of him getting in over Snake, so his only shot would be if they were to pull a Capcom with them and give multiple Konami franchises representation.

All in all, there's more obstacles blocking Geno's entry than there are ones blocking Simon's. In fact, Geno has pretty much every problem Simon does, plus more.
There is huge difference between Geno and other 3rd party characters, Geno represent Nintendo history rather than square Enix history and smash is about "Nintendo celebraties" and SMRPG is a part of it and it's important in Nintendo history, Being iconic is not everything, plus he can represent the Mario RPGs seires since SMRPG started everything and was the main reason why both Mario paper and Mario and luigi RPGs seires exists, Geno also represent Nintendo and square teaming up and working together for the first time in SMRPG.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
There is huge difference between Geno and other 3rd party characters, Geno represent Nintendo history rather than square Enix history and smash is about "Nintendo celebraties" and SMRPG is a part of it and it's important in Nintendo history, Being iconic is not everything, plus he can represent the Mario RPGs seires since SMRPG started everything and was the main reason why both Mario paper and Mario and luigi RPGs seires exists, Geno also represent Nintendo and square teaming up and working together for the first time in SMRPG.
Dude he hasn't even appeared in a game for years.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So many Premium people nowdays. But I have managed to survive. That must mean they all love me. Or my avatar is too attractive for them to dare to. :3

So, it seems the rarer I am on this site, the better it works when I AM here. Weird.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I just want to know why. I mean, aren't there better things to do than screw with someone's channel?
And either way they'll get back on their feet, so it's not like anyone is hurt from this. So what was the point?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I just want to know why. I mean, aren't there better things to do than screw with someone's channel?
And either way they'll get back on their feet, so it's not like anyone is hurt from this. So what was the point?
You underestimate some people. They will literally do anything to get attention. Even if it's only for a short period of time.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
To explain the situation with Joel, supposedly he clicked a malware link which then got his password leaked. This guy took the opportunity to take it, and now we're left with the end result. Another one of the streamers, KY, was also hacked via his Twitch. I believe he started banning people on Vinny's stream. They all know of the problem and are trying to fix it.

It sucks, and I hope they can fix it soon. The Vinesauce crew are fantastic people and I love the videos I've seen from some of them. This is the first I've seen someone get their channel hacked and its a weird experience.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
To explain the situation with Joel, supposedly he clicked a malware link which then got his password leaked. This guy took the opportunity to take it, and now we're left with the end result. Another one of the streamers, KY, was also hacked via his Twitch. I believe he started banning people on Vinny's stream. They all know of the problem and are trying to fix it.

It sucks, and I hope they can fix it soon. The Vinesauce crew are fantastic people and I love the videos I've seen from some of them. This is the first I've seen someone get their channel hacked and its a weird experience.
Damn, that's terrible, I hope they can resolve this issue soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom