• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Oh, and can we not get into another Geno argument? We all know how these usually end.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Sorry for something a little off topic, but I have been thinking about Project X Zone 2. What if towards the end, if something goes wrong on the rival units that Saya or Sheath doesn't like that it made Saya and Sheath go as a pair unit? Just an idea. It might be cool, it might be dumb. Who knows. I can't wait for that game to come out soon.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Oh, and can we not get into another Geno argument? We all know how these usually end.
Okay, let's talk about Bayonetta or Shovel Knight instead. :troll:

D

Deleted member

It's obvious isn't it? I made a deal with the devil
Now that thy soul has been sold to it
Your life shall be consumed by it
Even if you get your "happy ending"
It shall follow you and it will kill all your loved ones
As your acts cannot be erased
Running is not an option
And the name it carries
Is the same as yours

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Now that thy soul has been sold to it
Your life shall be consumed by it
Even if you get your "happy ending"
It shall follow you and it will kill all your loved ones
As your acts cannot be erased
Running is not an option
And the name it carries
Is the same as yours
Here's the thing...The deal was different, I didn't lose my soul, but had to sacrifice a body part. Then it hit me. Boobs

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Keep in mind this is coming from someone who hasn't played Yokai Watch and has only seen minimal amounts of gameplay from it, but to me it reminds me of one of the countless less-inspired knockoffs of Pokemon (and to an extent Digimon) which were everywhere ~15 years ago.

I mean it just seems like another so-so monster catching/taming/collecting game. The only difference is in 2013 (or whenever it came out) that type of game had sort of died down... I guess allowing YW to garner more attention. I find it hard to believe that in like 1999-2002 this series could've caught on with the marketplace as saturated as it was with that sort of thing.

And again, this is only the perspective of someone who has seen no more than the surface of what YW has to offer. But to be fair, that's all most consumers see about a product like this before making their decision on it.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Can someone explain why that awful november 12th direct leak is getting some much coverage.Like its so laughably bad that it makes no sense

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I did enjoy the Yo-Kai Watch demo and maybe consider buying it in some future.

But will it be a strong competitor to Pokémon? No. A crossover between the two will be more likely than being big rivals.

One thing I can see being a problem for English speaking players is the shear amount of the monsters designed after Japanese myths/legends/folklore/culture and zero of any other region.

I have to give credit that it does want to be different from other monster collecting games and the quality is definitely there too.

The worst monster collecting game I've played is DSiWare's Crystal Monsters (one of the very few games I've regretted buying on the eShop). One of my favorite monster games other than Pokémon is "Keitai Denjū Telefang" (currently waiting for a complete English translation for it).

D

Deleted member

Well, I haven't played Yokai Watch, but being that Level 5 aka the Professor Layton people make it, I'm sure it's the gameplay that keep people interested.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So... I'm having an issue with my copy of Smash Wii U. It's not a bad issue per say, but it's one that's really noticeable.
HNI_0040.JPG

Sorry for the potato quality, it was taken with my 3DS :p.
The issue I'm having is that the label that's on the disc for Smash Wii U is peeling. Mostly in the middle ring, the upper ring seems to be fine though.

This doesn't seem to effect gameplay in any way, shape or form. It still run smoothly. I just think it might be me playing it so much :p. It might also be the oils touching the cover of the disc heating it when it spins in the Wii U's drive which might be causing it to turn fragile as I do put it into the console a lot. I play it more than I should XD.

Anyways, is there anything you guys recommend me doing? I don't really know if I could exchange it at this point due to it being nearly a year old.

Chrono.

I own so many retail Wii U games atm I think the last time I owned this many at the same time was during my GC/PS2 days.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Um... do you guys what to share your unpopular opinions again? Those were kind of fun to read lol. I guess I'll go first.
I think Super Mario Bros. 3 is better than Super Mario World. Not to say Mario World is not a masterpiece, it's just that I have more nostalgia with Mario 3 than with Mario World is all.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Um... do you guys what to share your unpopular opinions again? Those were kind of fun to read lol. I guess I'll go first.
I think Super Mario Bros. 3 is better than Super Mario World. Not to say Mario World is not a masterpiece, it's just that I have more nostalgia with Mario 3 than with Mario World is all.
I don't like the Mario Galaxy games

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
9/10 realistic artstyles in games just end up looking bland and dull and they never age well.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'm pretty sure that there were similar perspectives with Japanese people too with rise of its popularity in 2014. It's easy to assume such things, but the way YW was marketed allowed the franchise stand on its own from Pokemon with the anime, games, and merchandise, and music. As long the marketing direction remains similar (which is what they've been doing a lot lately, only adding a touch of what the concept of Yo-kai are), I think YW will do very well in sales.

I'm going to sum up the whole argument in general in one meme:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I actually have another unpopular opinion about a certain console.
I think the Wii was good console when it came to First-Party games, but had the 2nd worst controller of all time (in my opinion). It's mostly because of the gimmicky controls. Although, I do find the Atari 5200 controller worse since it barely even works :p.

Last edited:
Muffet isn't that special
(unpopular for this thread)
Sora would be a super fun addition.

Almost every old game considered "the best game of all time" has aged and absolutely is not the best anymore. maybe when they were released they were the best but whatever game from the n64/ps1 etc you think is better than anything ever made since, is in fact, not perfect.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm pretty sure that there were similar perspectives with Japanese people too with rise of its popularity in 2014. It's easy to assume such things, but the way YW was marketed allowed the franchise stand on its own from Pokemon with the anime, games, and merchandise, and music. As long the marketing direction remains similar (which is what they've been doing a lot lately, only adding a touch of what the concept of Yo-kai are), I think YW will do very well in sales.

I'm going to sum up the whole argument in general in one meme:
After watching the Yokai dance twice, watching the entirety of the final boss fight and the anime trailer, I'll say that it all looks boring. It's for kids, and it makes that obvious with it's simple and repetitive gameplay and childish tones. The characters look good, but that's about all it has going for it.

Also I've seen some weird stuff in my days, but I refuse to watch the Yokai Dance because it was just so weird. It's kinda like the comedy style of "OH I'M SO RANDOM LOL PLS LOVE ME" that bombs 99.9% of the time, and that's pretty much the only comedy the series uses.

TL;DR
Yokai Watch's gameplay, story, and comedy look lacking, but the characters are good.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Well, here's another unpopular opinion.
I feel like the Wii U is probably one of the most underrated gaming consoles and best gaming consoles of all time. It has a plethora of first-party titles that are a must have, some neat third-party exclusives and really great gaming experiences. It's a shame it never sold well. All they would of had to do is not call it the "Wii U" and I think it would have been some what fine.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Um... do you guys what to share your unpopular opinions again?
At this point, I don't really care who the remaining Smash 4 DLC characters are, just as long as they offer something unique to the table and/or are fun to play as. There aren't many potential DLC characters that I'd be disappointed with.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Since my older brother is rarely ever using his PS4, he's considering giving the system to me.

So if that goes through, I might get a New 3DS and trade in my older model.

Seems nice here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom