• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Plase, just give me Zelda newcomers in Smash 5. Please.
As a Zelda fan, I think the Zelda content we got in this game is fantastic, despite the lack of a newcomer.

Of course, I'd more than welcome a new character, be them Midna, Zant, Ghirahim, Tingle, Impa, or any other popular or notable character from the series. Hyrule Warriors can now serve as a source for moveset inspiration for plenty of Zelda characters, so there's definitely potential for a Zelda newcomer in the future.

This said, we currently have the Triforce trio, along with Zelda's alter-ego and a younger, cartoonish version of Link, which is fairly solid.

Also Sakurai made the original site himself! Melee was the first time he had help (but he still wrote everything).

They've done ballots for every game. "Sonic" was the winner for Brawl.
I see. Well, Sonic being the ballot winner is likely what justified his inclusion, along with his immense popularity and requests in the West.

When did they say they might publish the data?
That's what I'm not sure about, hence why I asked.

And well, I'll be off now, as I'm having a train ride in about an hour and I likely won't be online for the rest of the day. See ya.

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
oh yeah so something a lot of people probably don't know?
the reason corrin's dragon form looks so weird is because it's based on a qilin, an auspicious being from various east asian myths
aside from being heavily associated with water instead of fire, anyway

suicune's based on a qilin too

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'm starting to feel that Smash 5 DLC may be limited as well. If it really comes down to a few choices, then one newcomer has to fill in a certain quota, like this:

1. Melee veteran
2. Brawl veteran
3. Smash Wii U/3DS veteran
4. Third Party
5. Third Party
6. Promoting a game
7. Ballot Choice

Chances are, this won't be the quota as the situation can change easily.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
"Your vote may be made public via the Internet", I guess?
Ahh maybe they will do a response like they did in Melee/Brawl? Will be interesting to see if they do, especially if they decide to go multi-language.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
i'd say most people would take characters over stages any day.
I guess I am not like most people. :p

I want all playable characters, all stages, all Assist Trophies, all Pokemon, and all items to come back. :awesome:

But alas... we cannot have everything we want. Embarrass

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
PushDustIn PushDustIn If you're taking suggestions on Source Gaming's "Smashing Reviews" series, may I suggest the game "Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion"?

That game stole a **** ton of game mechanics, ideas, and much more from Super Smash Bros. that it's basically straight up plagiarism (but with much less quality).

Just note there are two versions of the game: One for the Nintendo 3DS and the "XL" version for Wii, PlayStation 3, & Xbox 360, which is basically the "deluxe edition" of the Nintendo 3DS version.

And honestly, I still play that game (both Nintendo 3DS & Wii versions) from time to time.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You see, I took the "May be made public" thing very differently, as if it were giving permission for you to screenshot your vote and share it online. "May" as in "can" instead of "will" and such.

Chrono.

PushDustIn PushDustIn If you're taking suggestions on Source Gaming's "Smashing Reviews" series, may I suggest the game "Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion"?

That game stole a **** ton of game mechanics, ideas, and much more from Super Smash Bros. that it's basically straight up plagiarism (but with much less quality).

Just note there are two versions of the game: One for the Nintendo 3DS and the "XL" version for Wii, PlayStation 3, & Xbox 360, which is basically the "deluxe edition" of the Nintendo 3DS version.

And honestly, I still play that game (both Nintendo 3DS & Wii versions) from time to time.
Funny though, I've seen a lot of people say that's the only decent Smash clone

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I personally find it really fun despite the flaws. Of course, it's plagued with questionable decisions and exclusions that I wish weren't in it but it's still worth a try.

In fact, there once was a SmashBoards thread that tried to make a competitive community out of the game but died due to lack of interest.

Sometimes I wish that game could get the Project M treatment as I definitely see that the game had the potential to be amazing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

At least until Kung Fu Panda: Showdown of Legendary Legends showed up.
From what I've seen of it, it's the best Smash clone out there.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I've been thinking of picking that up. I might due so when it goes on sale for $20 on the eShop (like pretty much all games published by Little Orbit have done).

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
lol, that GameFAQs ballot results "leak" states that K. Rool got a Mii costume for his American popularity alone, calling it "actually pretty impressive." This is after he stated that Isaac placed higher on the poll than Bayonetta, and K. Rool placed lower. Meanwhile, Isaac got literally nothing in this game, so..

EDIT: On a related note, it would legitimately not surprise me if Isaac did get more votes than K. Rool, simply due to the fact that K. Rool was the assumed "most popular" and Isaac was perceived at having less of a chance. People would vote for the one they were more worried about more, thinking that the others already had enough votes.

Last edited:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
I guess I am not like most people. :p

I want all playable characters, all stages, all Assist Trophies, all Pokemon, and all items to come back. :awesome:

But alas... we cannot have everything we want. Embarrass
thats why i said "most, so...

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I'm starting to feel that Smash 5 DLC may be limited as well. If it really comes down to a few choices, then one newcomer has to fill in a certain quota, like this:

1. Melee veteran
2. Brawl veteran
3. Smash Wii U/3DS veteran
4. Third Party
5. Third Party
6. Promoting a game
7. Ballot Choice

Chances are, this won't be the quota as the situation can change easily.
Come on man, if this DLC has proven anything it's that fan patterns don't mean anything.

Trying to put a pattern to DLC for a game that is years from being announced is down right silly.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Really now? Like, how good are talking here?
Is it competitive levels of good or...

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Come on man, if this DLC has proven anything it's that fan patterns don't mean anything.

Trying to put a pattern to DLC for a game that is years from being announced is down right silly.
I mean he picked specifically one Melee veteran and that was given to Roy and picked a Brawl veteran given to Lucas as he says that in the direct. IDK, if there's a small amount of characters made for DLC, a process of elimination is probably done when deciding DLC characters.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I've been on the second Sturm level in Advance Wars for an hour and a half...

Still winning on my first try but ugh....
All of Sturm's levels are slogfests. Good luck on the final stage!

Glad to see people enjoying this amazing game. AW is easily my #1 most played GBA game. I think I managed to 100% it (which I think means beating the campaign at least 6 different ways and making different decisions)

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I mean he picked specifically one Melee veteran and that was given to Roy and picked a Brawl veteran given to Lucas as he says that in the direct. IDK, if there's a small amount of characters made for DLC, a process of elimination is probably done when deciding DLC characters.
There's no reason to assume the he will take the same approach to DLC, or that DLC will even happen in Smash 5. We don't even know if Sakurai would be directing this hypothetical game, or if any characters will be cut from this game to the next. To assume the next game will have 7 DLC characters is super arbitrary. It's like predicting the number of new comers based on the newcomers in the game.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
There's no reason to assume the he will take the same approach to DLC, or that DLC will even happen in Smash 5. We don't even know if Sakurai would be directing this hypothetical game, or if any characters will be cut from this game to the next. To assume the next game will have 7 DLC characters is super arbitrary. It's like predicting the number of new comers based on the newcomers in the game.
I already got a general consensus on how DLC works, just a little theory. :p
I didn't say there would be 7 characters to be exact, but I do think if there's Smash 5 DLC coming, it'll be a small number.

Whatever, I'll just wait to see what happens.

Last edited:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
still makes me wonder about the whole nx thing. is it a console or something else? and if is, how will nintendo handle making smash for it? smash 4 ultimate edition or smash 5?

Chrono.

So Athena is back in AA6.

The AA anime will air next spring and will cover games 1 and 2.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I already got a general consensus on how DLC works, just a little theory. :p
I didn't say there would be 7 characters to be exact, but I do think if there's Smash 5 DLC coming, it'll be a small number.

Whatever, I'll just wait to see what happens.
Do you consider 7 to be a small number of DLC characters for a fighting game?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Uh, yeah, we can't exactly fight each other when online services for the Wii and the DS have been long gone

Also, I found a Kadabra! Named him Z25 Z25
It's weird when tge username is a Pokemon reference...

I think I know where one of those went...
Cool! I like kadabra, but now I can't be alakazam :( Thanks though! Kind of ironic to that I am named after a dark type but am a psychic type in your nuzlocke lol.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
7 is a small number to me, I think anything more than 7 might be too high.
Considering a lot or people that we might just get Mewtwo and the ballot character, I think 7 is a good number.

Most fighting games tend to get 4-10, and I would image most future Smash games will fall into that range, just like this one did.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
User was warned for this post
Man, I don't like posting salty tweets anymore considering it's just a waste of time but damn it, THIS CAN'T BE IGNORED

PS All-Stars Battle Royale is still the best Smash 'Clone' and that's just pushing it.

I'm surprised no one brought up the Looney Tunes Smash Clone

Yes it exist.

Last edited by a moderator:

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
lol, that GameFAQs ballot results "leak" states that K. Rool got a Mii costume for his American popularity alone, calling it "actually pretty impressive." This is after he stated that Isaac placed higher on the poll than Bayonetta, and K. Rool placed lower. Meanwhile, Isaac got literally nothing in this game, so..

EDIT: On a related note, it would legitimately not surprise me if Isaac did get more votes than K. Rool, simply due to the fact that K. Rool was the assumed "most popular" and Isaac was perceived at having less of a chance. People would vote for the one they were more worried about more, thinking that the others already had enough votes.
I already posted in the K. Rool thread how suspicious I was about how K. Rool received a costume for his Western popularity but Isaac did not. It's not to say Isaac can't score higher than K. Rool in terms of ballot votes (since he seems to beat him in a few "hardcore community" polls, however reliable that is), but why would Sakurai completely ignore giving out a consolation prize to a more popular first-party character that is within reach? It doesn't make much sense to me.

Perhaps Isaac's absence as a Mii costume is either not having as much popularity as K. Rool in overall territories and/or general indifference from Sakurai himself, which isn't out of the realm of possibility. After all, Isaac was completely passed up during the Brawl era when it was his best chance for inclusion, and then removed as an Assist Trophy altogether in the next game. Although, I would ask why Sakurai would favor K. Rool more than Isaac if this was the case.

On your related note, if theoretically true, I think it comes more down to Isaac's fan-base being far quieter than K. Rool's, hence their voices may not seem to carry enough reach when they actually might. They could be underestimated.

D

Deleted member

I dunno if someone else already noticed it, but it's funny how Rey's character in The Force Awakens is played by an actress called Daisy Ridley.

Rey 4 Smash ! :awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

Last edited by a moderator:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

Probably has something to do with being a "2nd party" character. I actually predicted we would receive 0 costumes from "2nd party" games, and I was right.

The only thing I could predict correctly.

D

Deleted member

Fire Emblem is "2nd party" yet we got Black Knight and Chrom.
Intelligent Systems, if I'm not mistaken, is a subsidiary of Nintendo.

Really now? Like, how good are talking here?
Is it competitive levels of good or...
Not sure if competitive levels (especially since it's still rather obscure), but it seems at least more polished than the others.

I'm surprised no one brought up the Looney Tunes Smash Clone

Yes it exist.
The fact you have to clarify it exists is probably why no one has brought it up.

What is it called?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
If I had to assume those salty tweets were from a Shantae supporter being very salty about Bayonetta and insulting her and her fans? And it was removed for the swearing?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom