• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
If you ain't under 5'5 don't talk to me. :p

I'm 6' so I don't even need it to be more confident in my own height. Shorties are just cuties.
Short women are adorably portable.

I nelieve this as well. He does ok (nothing spectacular) on hardcore polls and ive seen him do extremely on a few less hardcore polls on plaxes like Tumblr. And he would certainly have a decent casual backing. Miiverse says hi.

I'd agree with you if I didnt think a ton of casual votes went towards Goku and Naruto.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
if you thought cloud's content was barebones, hoo boy
I could see this, but Disney also loves money, so I wouldn't be surprised if they made sure they earned money with sora if he got in.

Shroob

Sup?
Question, I remember someone said that we had a soft confirmation of Corrin coming out because Sakurai said that he/she would be out before the game comes to the west.

Is this true or what?
T'was me.

The way Sakurai worded the Direct made it seem like Corrin would be out before Fates. "Get to know Corrin before..." was what he used iirc. He could have just been talking about the Direct, but the Direct wouldn't really let us 'get to know him' that well before Fates came out, which is the 19th in the States.

Last edited:

Chrono.

T'was me.

The way Sakurai worded the Direct made it seem like Corrin would be out before Fates. "Get to know Corrin before..." was what he used iirc. He could have just been talking about the Direct, but the Direct wouldn't really let us 'get to know him' that well before Fates came out, which is the 19th in the States.
And then they come out on the 18th

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I still find it ludicrous that midgar only has two songs. If they refused to allow/negotiate more than two songs, then I really want to know who at SE dropped the ball when it came to One Winged Angel. Seriously, if you have to choose two songs: Battle Theme and One-Winged Angel. There shouldnt have even been a conversation on the matter.

Shroob

Sup?
And then they come out on the 18th
I'm gonna say the first full week of February, meaning anywhere between the 7th and 13th is my guess as to when they'll be out.

I doubt they'll be released the same week as Fates.... At least, I hope not. The server traffic will be hell.

Chrono.

I still find it ludicrous that midgar only has two songs. If they refused to allow/negotiate more than two songs, then I really want to know who at SE dropped the ball when it came to One Winged Angel. Seriously, if you have to choose two songs: Battle Theme and One-Winged Angel. There shouldnt have even been a conversation on the matter.
Hey

I like the boss theme

Midgar's music selection is the largest tragedy in all of smash bros history
OWA?
Battle on the big bridge?
JENOVA?
birth of a god?
Man with a machine gun?
That person's name is?
Like 100 other songs?

Haha **** that enjoy your 2 songs.

Great songs. . .but not enough

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Eh, that's something that doesn't really bother me knowing.

Shouldn't giant man be weaker though?

The main thing about Ant man is he forces his atoms closer together so he's strong as a man but the size of an ant.

When he grows big, wouldn't he still have the strength of a man but just really big?
I think while the physical strength would remain the same, the weight of it would still increase. For example, toward the end of Ant-Man, the Thomas the Tank Engine that grew when exposed to Pym Particles still decimated the walls of the house do to sheer size. Likewise, I'd think Giant-Man would focus less on his strength but more on the weight behind the strength, if that makes sense.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think while the physical strength would remain the same, the weight of it would still increase. For example, toward the end of Ant-Man, the Thomas the Tank Engine that grew when exposed to Pym Particles still decimated the walls of the house do to sheer size. Likewise, I'd think Giant-Man would focus less on his strength but more on the weight behind the strength, if that makes sense.
It was pretty inconsistent IMO. The tank thing is something people had against the movie. It SHOULD have weighed the same

They are probably not going to follow any kind of scientific logic. Ant Man's story logic has always been weird

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It was pretty inconsistent IMO. The tank thing is something people had against the movie. It SHOULD have weighed the same

They are probably not going to follow any kind of scientific logic. Ant Man's story logic has always been weird
I think a lot of the discrepancies have to do with the whole weight vs strength vs mass thing which I often get confused by as well. :p

Suspension of disbelief I guess? Haha.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I was so hopeful that Sakurai would add Xenoblade X music to Gaur Plains after he showed that he was gonna do it with the FE stages. :laugh:

Yes I am desperate.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I'm getting into this Disney Infinity crap now because I need more Star Wars in my life

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I was so hopeful that Sakurai would add Xenoblade X music to Gaur Plains after he showed that he was gonna do it with the FE stages. :laugh:

Yes I am desperate.
You're not the only one; Black Tar would sound soooo good in that stage

D

Deleted member

I'll get Disney Infinity when....
Ah Hell, I'm never getting Disney Infinity.

But if they ever make a figure for Simba, I'll buy that at least.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
"I am not making it up when I say Freddy Fazbear could get into the next game."

Stopped right there.

Sure, he's still somewhat popular now. And that would still be awesome

But that's total BS

You really think FNAF is going to be relavent 5 years from now?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
"I am not making it up when I say Freddy Fazbear could get into the next game."

Stopped right there.

Sure, he's still somewhat popular now. And that would still be awesome

But that's total BS

You really think FNAF is going to be relavent 5 years from now?
Not me, at least. And I don't expect Undertale to be relevant in 5 years, either.

Does anyone remember Gangam style? It's like that. You get a big explosion for about a year, and then it fizzles away to nothing.

D

Deleted member

FNAF's not quite in the deadzone yet.
It probably won't be until a while after at least the movie....

D

Deleted member

Soooo.... I would like to remind everyone to be cordial to others around them when it comes to the sequel to a beloved franchise today, remember, not everyone has the time(Or tickets) to see it today, alright?

No one wants Alvin and the chipsmunks road chip spoiled.... No one.....

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'll wait to see it on a Nintendo console before I'm betting on freddy

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Bayonetta being #1 in Europe and in the top 5 in the US among negotiable and realizable characters does sound more accurate. Even if that guy is BSing it's still an interesting theory.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
If I had a dime for every time somebody on GameFAQs said nonsense to garner attention in the last 8+ years I've been in the community I'd be as rich as Warren Buffet.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Nah I'm done with Smash. I think we all need a break from it to be honest. Save some hype for the next iteration.
Agreed. We've all been on this hype train ever since Iwata announced Sm4sh about four years ago, it's about time we recharge our hype meters and focus on other games 'till then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom