• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I've been on the second Sturm level in Advance Wars for an hour and a half...

Still winning on my first try but ugh....

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Laura's theme is more interesting than both her design and moveset :p

FANG is what the hell even. Personally, when I think of evil scientist poison assassin, elevator music isnt the first idea I get.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
All Nintendo characters are and were inspired by anime

The character designers at Nintendo all grew up watching anime as kids or still watch it

Toon Link /Wind Waker art style was inspired by old Toei 60s anime films

Little Mac takes a lot of Inspiration from Ippo from Hajime no Ippo

Captain Falcon based off japanese toku heroes

Link design since ocarina was made to appeal to women who are into the bishounen genre

Inklings, Villager, etc all have big eyes and cutsey looking which something thats been prominent in anime since Tezuka made Astro Boy

Cynthia from Pokemon was Inspired by Maetel from Galaxy Express 999
Team Rocket was inspired by The Time Skeletons from Time Bokan
Looker was inspired by Inspector Zenigata from Lupin III

Even characters like Mario who took more inspiration from old cartoons like popeye have anime influence, the original artist for Mario was an animator who worked with Miyazaki
So, basically what I've been saying from time to time: Smash Bros. has inspiration from anime because it's a Japanese game and the creators involved are Japanese.

Elements of their culture will inevitably find their way into the game. Not that it's a bad thing, though.

I was so hopeful that Sakurai would add Xenoblade X music to Gaur Plains after he showed that he was gonna do it with the FE stages. :laugh:

Yes I am desperate.
Yeah, at the very least they could have included XCX music... Because it's so good.

It it had to be just 2 songs, my choices would've been Uncontrollable and THEMEX.

Z29 Battle, Black tar, MONOX would be other great choices for Smash.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ended up seeing Star Wars after all

If you know anything about Star Wars expanded Universe, let's just say they actually got some inspiration from it

Not in some things I'd of liked them too though

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The Happy Happyists want us to join their legion, they coloured our names purple though. Must've ran out of blue paint. Oh well, purple purple.
That color is magenta not purple

and the happy happiests are obsessed with blue

Which is also not purple

D

Deleted member

My Nuzlocke is a wedlocke atm. We'll battle when I'm done and I'll burn your team with Infernape :demon::evil::demon:

Providing it survives.
Uh, yeah, we can't exactly fight each other when online services for the Wii and the DS have been long gone

Also, I found a Kadabra! Named him @zoroark25
It's weird when tge username is a Pokemon reference...
It means someone wanted to prank you. I already shelled my 2 pranks for this month, so it wasn't you
I think I know where one of those went...

Last edited by a moderator:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so today in mario maker i made a level where bowser shoots fireballs but you never see him and theres a section with spinys in clouds that are going through the ground blocks
funfact their spikes can and will hit you
funner fact the reason you never see bowser is because hes out of your view and when you get into his proximity he falls into the bottomless pit but hes still just out of view
Needless to say it was a pain to upload...mostly because i had to go through the spiny section twice because check points

also i made a begginer level that gives you a basic trial using all of mario u's mechanics( babies first test if you will)

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Judging by precedence, I wouldn't be too surprised if ballot results were eventually released.

Like what happened with the Japan only Smash 2 ballot.

Not that it would stop people from making conspiracy theories about how the ballot was rigged, though.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Judging by precedence, I wouldn't be too surprised if ballot results were eventually released.

Like what happened with the Japan only Smash 2 ballot.

Not that it would stop people from making conspiracy theories about how the ballot was rigged, though.
They never release Melee's and Brawl's ballot. The precedence actually tells us the opposite. Smash 64 was lucky because it wasn't as big then. Some characters had like 6 votes after all.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You know what's funny?

We gave GameXplain so much grief because they said 'Ballot Winner' and Bayonetta was a Ballot winner in most cases so maybe speculation makes us too harsh :p

Or it makes everyone and everything look stupid in any regard

Strofirko

Smash Master
You know what's funny?

We gave GameXplain so much grief because they said 'Ballot Winner' and Bayonetta was a Ballot winner in most cases so maybe speculation makes us too harsh :p

Peeps forgot the definition of "ballot".

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
You know what's funny?

*Among realizable characters.

I think it's safe it say it was in between a pure suggestion box and a popularity contest.
In case you wanted to hear Spazzy_D Spazzy_D @Neo Zero, Nantendo and myself react to the Smash Broadcast, here it is!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
World Class Track Meet is not a Nintendo game.
Nor does the game have the same kind of sales figure that Duck Hunt did.

NEXT.
I thought Family Fun Fitness Stadium Events was a Bandai game and World Class Track Meet was a Nintendo game. I thought Nintendo bought the rights to Family Fun Fitness Stadium Events from Bandai and rebranded it as World Class Track Meet. It resulted in Family Fun Fitness Stadium Events becoming one of the rarest NES games.

World Class Track Meet do not have the same sales figure as Duck Hunt, correct, but I think it is up there due to the fact it was bundled with Super Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In the end, it was a popularity contest
Among realizable fighters doesn't mean much at the end of the day
Tge only characters that did better than Bayonetta overall were probably Snake and other third parties whose rights would be impossible to get(like a "Microsoft rep" lol)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ah yes, I posted my thoughts on the new music back on SRK:
View attachment 88387

The only differences is that I think FANG's theme is elevator music and Larua's theme hasn't really grown on me at all :S

But the Brazil stage is literally the best Brazil stage theme XD :p

Reminds me of that one Street Fighter album and Balrog's song was like 7 minutes long but it took 5 to get to the main part.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so on fire emblem having 6 characters...it makes sense if you stop and think about it

fire emblem is and always has been a major legacy title for nintendo
its just we didnt know about it until marth and roy got in smash

like i know some people think its absurd that fire emblem has the same amount of "reps" as pokemon
but heres the thing fire emblem has had more games and it been around for a full 6 years longer than pokemon

Fire emblem is quite literally the original nintendo RPG "but zelda" is an action adventure game whats more its main cast is already fully represented in smash

the actually only series that have any claim to anger are donkey kong and metroid

and metorid neeeds more reocuring chracters because more likely than not the one everyones asking for (ridley) will never get in

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The game that I've mostly been speculating over besides Smash (which I stopped speculating much on a while ago) is KH2.8/KH3, and Mario and Sonic at the Rio Olympics.

Speaking of the latter, Rosalina's leg game tho:

She's been Power class in the other sports games, but she has to be in this game too with thighs like that.

Also her arms look quite thick here compared to something like her Smash model. As she should be.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
The game that I've mostly been speculating over besides Smash (which I stopped speculating much on a while ago) is KH2.8/KH3, and Mario and Sonic at the Rio Olympics.

Speaking of the latter, Rosalina's leg game tho:

She's been Power class in the other sports games, but she has to be in this game too with thighs like that.

Also her arms look quite thick here compared to something like her Smash model. As she should be.
im more excited they are bringing back the boxing event from the first game

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
They never release Melee's and Brawl's ballot. The precedence actually tells us the opposite. Smash 64 was lucky because it wasn't as big then. Some characters had like 6 votes after all.
Oh, I see.

Well, it makes sense Smash 64 was the first game and nothing was established or anything. The ballot was just in regards to something hypothetical, as there was no way to ensure that a sequel would be happening.

Besides, the Internet was something too new. I mean, it was 1999 and online communities such as those of today didn't exist back then. (Speaking of which, I do remember the primordial days of the Internet.)

For this ballot, there might have been thousands of votes for a single character. I do wonder... They did say they might publish the data, didn't they?

Also, what do you mean by Melee ballot? There was another ballot for Melee besides the "what if Smash 2" one?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I just hope Fire Emblem gets two newcomers again next game, so they can have an even 8.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I just hope Fire Emblem gets two newcomers again next game, so they can have an even 8.
Considering you laughed the loudest in the SG reaction video, am I to assume that you enjoy seeing people salty? :smirk:

But don't mind me, I did have a laugh when Bayonetta was revealed. I was in complete disbelief and the sass fest that trailer was only helped.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Considering you laughed the loudest in the SG reaction video, am I to assume that you enjoy seeing people salty? :smirk:

But don't mind me, I did have a laugh when Bayonetta was revealed. I was in complete disbelief and the sass fest that trailer was only helped.
Yeah, I didn't realize it at the time, but my reaction to both reveals wasn't excitement or saltiness. It was all about how hilarious I found the situation to be.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I am loving cloud so far.But it does have me thinking see as we got so little content for cloud than the other 3rd parties due youthink he'l br the snake of this game come next game

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
A guy in a gamefaqs thread is pretending to be a smash bros employee

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/73017398?page=20

Kyoskue

Claims to have ballot info if you dig around enough lol. Convenient they show up AFTER the direct :p
Definitely not creditable, but it does sound reasonable at least. The guy says he's from a marketing research firm, not Nintendo itself. Interesting to read though. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if that's what happened to a lot of the popular characters.

K.Rool I'd honestly rather see him return in a new DKC game first rather than Smash. Wouldn't surprise me if he was that low, but it would be an interesting thing to look into.

Wolf I think is really dumb having him be a lower priority due to it being a ballot, but he probably wouldn't have added as much as Corrin or Bayonetta which is also a fair point. Inklings/Issac I think are similar to Wolf in that they wouldn't add much or too much effort needed for ink/Cloud & FE, but again, another FE character got in.

Banjo is also the new Geno, regardless of this being creditable or not. Rayman would be an interesting choice, but I haven't played a single game that has featured him so unrealistic? Snake sadly sounds like he'll never return due to Konami BS. Shovel Knight has pretty much always been the product of his amiibo. I hate it when the community rides coattails like that.

If Goku/Sora/Banjo are on there, but no Ridley? I am disappoint.

Sakurai's next interview couldn't come soon enough.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Oh, I see.

Well, it makes sense Smash 64 was the first game and nothing was established or anything. The ballot was just in regards to something hypothetical, as there was no way to ensure that a sequel would be happening.

Besides, the Internet was something too new. I mean, it was 1999 and online communities such as those of today didn't exist back then. (Speaking of which, I do remember the primordial days of the Internet.)

For this ballot, there might have been thousands of votes for a single character. I do wonder... They did say they might publish the data, didn't they?

Also, what do you mean by Melee ballot? There was another ballot for Melee besides the "what if Smash 2" one?
Also Sakurai made the original site himself! Melee was the first time he had help (but he still wrote everything).

They've done ballots for every game. "Sonic" was the winner for Brawl.

When did they say they might publish the data?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom