• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I'm sorry Kirbayonnaise
But this is icon material
Also
Silver and Gold + KrtDL was awesome
Who here remembers the Pickaxe guy from the Rudolph Movie
YEAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *jumps off cliff*
Excuse me. "Pickaxe guy?"

I'll have you know that Yukon Cornelius is much more than just a "pickaxe guy."

But seriously: here's a fun fact. The reason he licks his pick-axe is actually due to a deleted scene. In an earlier draft of the movie, he says he's looking for a peppermint mine, but this didn't make the final cut. However, he still licks the pick-axe because he's trying to taste it for signs of peppermint.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
And now, just when you least expect it!
Sakurai Puns!
upload_2015-12-18_22-35-56.png

upload_2015-12-18_22-36-35.png

upload_2015-12-18_22-37-12.png
Sakurai is a sly dog. :4pacman:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
don't know if this isn't the right place but i need help. anyone here own xenoblade x? i need help with affinity missions. man this missions are so annoying. even my strategy guide isn't helping. @Solfiner ? anyone?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
"Kingdom Hearts X Back Cover" ... Who comes up with the names for these games?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I wasn't expecting it to have any new worlds, since it was known to just be the D23 trailer they never showed us, and viewers confirmed there were no new worlds in it. They did still cut stuff though. The D23 version apparently had an extended version of the Young Eraqus and Young Xehanort conversation, as well as an "emotional scene" involving all of the important original KH protagonists, which I really wanted to see (LIL' ROSALIN-...I MEAN NAMINÉ in UE4 ;___;).

I wish they just gave us the full thing but what we got was decent. Not super hype but god the gameplay in KHIII looks so good.

There are some spoilers for previous games so I will spoiler:

-Opens showing Yen Sid speaking to Mickey, Riku, and Kairi about the BBS trio and how they need to bring them back. Mickey mentions that he was in the Realm of Darkness recently and met Aqua there. This is the "KH 0.2" portion of KH 2.8.
-Moves on to the "KH Chi: Back Cover" portion, mostly has the Foretellers speaking about a possible traitor in their ranks. Shows a view of one of the environments that will be in the movie.
-Rest of the 2.8 portion is just DDD HD, pretty self-explanatory.
-The KHIII portion is mostly just more random gameplay in the Tangled and Hercules worlds but we see some new Shotlock-esque abilities, as well as some new enemies. We also see the Mysterious Tower and the new Attraction Flow based on the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blaster.
I heard, it would have been great to see the full thing. I think they will slowly tease us until E3, and then they will show us a decent amount of info and give us the actual release date.

D

Deleted member

Excuse me. "Pickaxe guy?"

I'll have you know that Yukon Cornelius is much more than just a "pickaxe guy."

But seriously: here's a fun fact. The reason he licks his pick-axe is actually due to a deleted scene. In an earlier draft of the movie, he says he's looking for a peppermint mine, but this didn't make the final cut. However, he still licks the pick-axe because he's trying to taste it for signs of peppermint.
It's been a long time since I've seen the special, I forgot he even licked it.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
PushDustIn PushDustIn : So, I know you tend to look out for Sakurai written Famitsu column's in order to translate them. Has Sakurai stated in the past if any of the development teams for past Smash games have disbanded or not?
Yeah he's been pretty clear when development wraps up. Even for the base game he wrote a column "the final showdown" and another column that I'm blanking on the name (it was about playing the game you made, pretty sure it's not translated).

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Do you think we will have Smash 4 Ultra or just Smash 5?
And when? 2, 3, 6 more years?

And why are some people saying Smash NX?
We don't even know what's NX, I doubt it will be Wii U's succesor, so yeah.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I still think it was a missed opportunity that we didn't get a Fei costume for the Brawler and a KOS-MOS costume for the Gunner... It would've completed the Xenoblade franchise full circle,

Final Fantasy 7>>>Xenogears>>>Xenosaga>>>Xenoblade Chronicles

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Chrono.

I'm laughing tho someone in that topic said "If Banjo was unrealizable, it was because he doesn't have a sword."

Except Bayonetta was chosen over Banjo... and she uses guns.

its nice knowing it's fake because if it was real and Sora was that high I would be heartbroken ;_;

I'm surprised people are buying into what he's saying.
People will believe anything that makes them right. In this case about the ballot being a fraud

#imStillSalty

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I've played neither series (though I do own one Metal Gear game that I regrettably haven't gotten around to playing yet) but if I may give my two cents anyway:

Bayonetta strips a lot less than in her series in order to fight.
She actually doesnt, though she is covered up more in smash.
Wicked weaves, relatively infrequent specials moves that require a significant amount of magic to use, left her in a one piece outfit akin to a bathing suit. A few time freeze sections leave her like that as well, but I can count those on my hands.
Boss finishers typically left her in in her birthday suit, but hair strategically covered her goodies.

Her being in what's essentially a bathing suit happened infrequently and the boss finishers happened even less (finite number of bosses).

In smash, however, since her wicked weaves are smash attacks that cost no magic/meter she technically strips more frequently in smash. She just reveals more in her own games.

[/pedantic]

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Holy ****.

So this is kind of out of nowhere, but LEGO, of all things, potentially leaked something pretty big about the upcoming Captain America: Civil War. It has credence, too, as if I remember correctly, they also ended up spoiling parts of Age of Ultron (the Vision heist scene) and Iron Man 3 (the reveal toward the end). I will say, though, it's pretty hype.

Scott Lang is more than likely debuting Giant-Man in Civil War. Here I thought they were saving it for the Ant-Man and Wasp movie that was confirmed to be in the plans, but nope. They're pulling out Giant-Man in Civil War.

Chrono.

its nice knowing it's fake because if it was real and Sora was that high I would be heartbroken ;_;

People will believe anything that makes them right. In this case about the ballot being a fraud

#imStillSalty
Tbh Sora being high on the ballot wouldn't surprise me.

It's the type of character the casual fanbase would be all over

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was supposed to see Star Wars today, but my friends went to an earlier showing when I was still at work

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I've always had a thing for tall women.

I guess it helps that I'm also very tall.
You have good taste.
I think women of all heights are attractive, but tall women have the advantage of giving me a face full of awesome when I hug them.

#BenefitsOfNotBeingTall

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
If you ain't under 5'5 don't talk to me. :p

I'm 6' so I don't even need it to be more confident in my own height. Shorties are just cuties.

Last edited:
Tbh Sora being high on the ballot wouldn't surprise me.

It's the type of character the casual fanbase would be all over
I nelieve this as well. He does ok (nothing spectacular) on hardcore polls and ive seen him do extremely on a few less hardcore polls on plaxes like Tumblr. And he would certainly have a decent casual backing. Miiverse says hi.

I could also believe Disney are a bunch of butts even more. . .

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Holy ****.

So this is kind of out of nowhere, but LEGO, of all things, potentially leaked something pretty big about the upcoming Captain America: Civil War. It has credence, too, as if I remember correctly, they also ended up spoiling parts of Age of Ultron (the Vision heist scene) and Iron Man 3 (the reveal toward the end). I will say, though, it's pretty hype.

Scott Lang is more than likely debuting Giant-Man in Civil War. Here I thought they were saving it for the Ant-Man and Wasp movie that was confirmed to be in the plans, but nope. They're pulling out Giant-Man in Civil War.
Eh, that's something that doesn't really bother me knowing.

Shouldn't giant man be weaker though?

The main thing about Ant man is he forces his atoms closer together so he's strong as a man but the size of an ant.

When he grows big, wouldn't he still have the strength of a man but just really big?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Question, I remember someone said that we had a soft confirmation of Corrin coming out because Sakurai said that he/she would be out before the game comes to the west.

Is this true or what?
According to one of Nintendo's partners, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom