• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Do you think Sakurai's gun stance in Smash has changed or were Bayo's guns just fantasy enough to be included? Do you think she paves the way for Snake to eventually come back with guns, or other gaming icons like the RE characters, Dante, and Lara Croft to be included?
Her guns are very cartoonish and fantasy-like, so I don't think that they were much of a problem.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
How often do you actually see her legs, though?
I'll give them a pass on that.
If you play Rosalina in MK8 you likely see them all of the time because she goes so well with bikes (stat wise and aesthetically).

And then there is the new Mario Tennis.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think the 'no gun' rule could be dismissed solely because of Bayonetta's sheer demand
Plus, she doesn't fire bullets, which may be more what Sakurai is worried about. That does make sense, at least. Realistic guns are different from bullet-spewing guns.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
She fires lipstick as bullets too
Yeah. Heh. Honestly, I feel like the guns are fantasy-based or are considered censored enough, since Konami/Upperdeck has done similar things. They took a regular pistol and gave it an Egyptian recoloring to get past the censors. It does look cooler too.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Do you think Sakurai's gun stance in Smash has changed or were Bayo's guns just fantasy enough to be included?

Do you think she paves the way for Snake to eventually come back with guns, or other gaming icons like the RE characters, Dante, and Lara Croft to be included?
I hope so. Seeing Lara Croft in Smash would be awesome, especially with the Samus vs Laura match up. Also, I think there could be some neat ideas done with the duel pistols.

Also if they ever decide to bring back Snake, I hope they give him his tranquilizer like in Project M. That move is so great to use that I wish it was part of his default moveset.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Actually... Since we have a character from a really raunchy recent Japanese M-Rated game...

Juliet from Lolipop Chainsaw for Smash 5 anyone? :awesome:

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Do you think Sakurai's gun stance in Smash has changed or were Bayo's guns just fantasy enough to be included?

Do you think she paves the way for Snake to eventually come back with guns, or other gaming icons like the RE characters, Dante, and Lara Croft to be included?
IMHO, I'm thinking more the latter. But who knows exactly? Maybe Sakurai made an exception for Bayonetta and/or did everything he could to make them as non-realistic as possible. For Snake, I'm pretty sure he won't come back with guns. For other icons, I guess it depends on the guns they wield. Like the RE characters or Lara Croft most likely wouldn't get in considering they do use real guns.
Dante, maybe. I mean, last time I checked, Bayonetta was done by the same people who did DMC, so they could take some hints from SSB Bayonetta to help with fitting Dante in. But I don't know much about Dante and how his pistols work.

In other news, I ended up watching all of the current Gravity Falls seasons and episodes in a couple days. Actually surprised me on how better and interesting it got after the first episode. All in all IMO, it's well done and fun to watch and I am surprised how much I found myself liking Stan.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
If anything, I think people in this thread are exaggerating Isaac's popularity if they think it's possible that he scored that high on the ballot despite getting no content whatsoever in the end (and being the only realizable popular candidate to not get anything, no less).
Kind of what happens when we live in our own little bubble.

The final results of the ballot are really an eye opener towards that fact.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Well... you guys have most likely seen the video I posted above as I didn't realize it was uploaded in February of 2014. So I found a compensation of sorts.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So I decided to play through pokemon insurgence again with a randomizer challenge.

My starter choices were:

eevee, electcross, swanna, quagsire.

I choose electross

My rival gets....

a ******* Deoxys.

This is why I don't do randomizers... But this should be fun. And electcross one shotted it with crunch lol.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Alright, here's some more SpongeBob comics and then I'll be done.

It's a lot of them, but they do give you a good laugh lol.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And my luck continues...
Screenshot (40).png

This is why I will also never do a nuzlocke, because this is the type of luck I would have. To those in this thread doing a nuzloke good luck!

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Why'd you bump that?

I think none of those people are worth wasting time on. The third one was the best out of them, but even then I could only stand 20 seconds. These people are doing nothing but venting their rage on the internet. It's nothing different then what happened after Greninja or Palutena or Miis or [insert any character here] were revealed. Nothing more than "wah muh character didn't get in wah." They set themselves up for their disappointment, and have no one else to blame but themselves.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just forced my entire family to watch Snowpiercer
They all hate me now
Aside from being fun to play as, one of the main reasons I like Cloud is:

Giant swords are so cool.
Pffft
Everyone knows Haku is WAY better!

So I decided to play through pokemon insurgence again with a randomizer challenge.

My starter choices were:

eevee, electcross, swanna, quagsire.

I choose electross

My rival gets....

a ******* Deoxys.

This is why I don't do randomizers... But this should be fun. And electcross one shotted it with crunch lol.
What is a Pokemon Insurgence?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh gosh the Greninja & Mewtwo shenanigans.

We're going through a trip down memory lane aren't we? I'll probably go and look back at some early Villager and Wii Fit trainer jokes too sometime....

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It still blows my mind that Rosalina is taller than Bayonetta.
I'm not sure if she is in Smash yet. But canonically, she easily is.

Bayonetta really isn't that tall, if Anarchy Reigns is anything to go by (the characters there have official heights. Bayonetta's is given in some made up "Umbran Witch" metric, but she's shorter than characters who are 6 feet tall). I believe she's like 5'8" there. Rosalina is canonically 7'7". Bayonetta just has absurdly long legs in proportion to the rest of her body, making her look super tall (also those huge heels give her a boost). Rosalina on the other hand, is just huge in every aspect.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just forced my entire family to watch Snowpiercer
They all hate me now

Pffft
Everyone knows Haku is WAY better!

What is a Pokemon Insurgence?
It's a fanmade pokemon game, where you have to save this region from cults that have taken over and overthrown the one person who was protecting the region. It's really good.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
"Why would you vote for ****ing Bayonetta? Who wants that?"
Obviously the people who voted for her in your region as number 1 you stooge

My god, these idiots are really getting to me when they shouldn't.

"DOWN B SLOWING DOWN TIME!? THAT'S CHEAP AF!"
There is a reason it gets worse as you use it far out man

I honestly wonder if people who complain about this even watched the direct fully in the first place good lord >_>

And then the sword fighter complaints.

There are 47 other ****ing characters you can use.

Just. Use. Those.

/rant

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Dang, lined up next to the other Mario characters, Rosalinalooks like some sort of cosmic André the Giant. :laugh:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Plus, she doesn't fire bullets, which may be more what Sakurai is worried about. That does make sense, at least. Realistic guns are different from bullet-spewing guns.
Muzzle fire and bullet shells, though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not sure if she is in Smash yet. But canonically, she easily is.

Bayonetta really isn't that tall, if Anarchy Reigns is anything to go by (the characters there have official heights. Bayonetta's is given in some made up "Umbran Witch" metric, but she's shorter than characters who are 6 feet tall). I believe she's like 5'8" there. Rosalina is canonically 7'7". Bayonetta just has absurdly long legs in proportion to the rest of her body, making her look super tall (also those huge heels give her a boost). Rosalina on the other hand, is just huge in every aspect.

Then why is she normal in every other Mario spinoff than smash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom