• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom13

Smash Apprentice
If there was to be a Smash 5, would Cloud be in it, too? Other than Cloud, who else from Smash Wii U/3DS would you like to see in 'Smash 5', if it get's made?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Who canonically the tallest character in smash?

I heard Ganondorf was like 7'6 in his OoT design, but he was like, 9'2 in Twilight Princess or something like that.
I believe it's Donkey Kong. He's like 9 feet tall by default, but he never really stands in a position that shows it off. He's also the tallest character in Smash itself (the best way to see is to have WFT grab him).

Ganondorf is 7'6" across the board, potentially even shorter in TP. As well as Hyrule Historia mentioning it, there is this:

This is a 1/4 scale figure of TP Ganondorf, and it stands at 23 inches tall including the base - 23 inches multiplied by 4 is equal to 92 inches. Converted into feet, that's approximately 7'6", the very same height stated for OoT Ganondorf - except this measurement INCLUDES the base here.

The tallest humanoid character would then be Rosalina.

The 9 feet value is a misconception caused by a raw model rip. Raw model rips aren't always to scale with the in-game universe. You could easily rip a model of say, Sonic, and find it reads as 11 feet tall in the editor, or something like that.

Mario Galaxy is a rare exception to this, where Mario's model does literally read as 5'1", which is his official height, according to a "life-size statue". The heights of other Mario characters in Galaxy can be accurately calculated based off of this.

Then why is she normal in every other Mario spinoff than smash
No she isn't. The only Mario game that DRASTICALLY nerfed her height was 3D World, and that was because all of the characters in that game had to have the same hurtbox/hitbox for balance reasons. And even there, there is a "NPC Rosalina" that appears taller than her player model.

Other games, like Smash, do nerf her height a little or tweak it to make it work for gameplay, but most of the time she's still huge like in Galaxy (though some games actually change her height on the fly in different scenarios just to make it work - which actually isn't too unbelievable since she has displayed size changing powers, like turning into a giant in Galaxy). Hell, she uses large body vehicles like Bowser and DK do in Mario Kart because she can't fit in small ones.

Here's Mario Party 10 for example:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Did You Know Gaming is thinking of redoing their old videos (finally).

Please tell them that Source Gaming is the only option for Smash!

You can tweet them or RT my tweet!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well, in the end I suppose :4ganondorf: being 7'6 and :rosalina: being 7'7 doesn't really make that big a difference :p
Rosalina still gets slagging ammo on him.

We will never get a Smash story mode where there is a cutscene where Rosalina makes Ganondorf all grumpy and flustered because she's taller though. :(

"Oh heeeeeey big guuuuuuuy....too bad you're not as big as a big girl."
"Ganondwaaaaaarf".

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I was just playing Smash on Wii U

and I still can't keep myself to keep on playing it. Like, there's not that much single player content tbh, and it's kind of short on modes. Same on the 3DS, I just can't be interested in them enough to play them.

It's a shame really, since would be probably the greatest Smash yet, but it is so lacking in modes.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Rosalina still gets slagging ammo on him.

We will never get a Smash story mode where there is a cutscene where Rosalina makes Ganondorf all grumpy and flustered because she's taller though. :(

"Oh heeeeeey big guuuuuuuy....too bad you're not as big as a big girl."
"Ganondwaaaaaarf".
Slagging because she's a couple of centimeters taller?
Nah.gif

But a certain captain though...

D

Deleted member

I posted this in the discord. Let's all help, Push guys!

We get quality episodes in return!

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Hey, I can't just shill anyone.

You gotta pay me.

Letme get my Twitter ready

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
If we are able to help, there's a couple of changes I want to introduce to DYKG. Posting the sources in a blog post and displaying the source on screen for each statement would be changes I'd push really hard for.

Burruni

Smash Hero
btw, Advance Wars, yay or nay?
Take Fire Emblem.
Take away all personal attachment to your characters.
Their powers drain with their hp lowering.
There are strategic checkpoints to capture which takes a certain amount of turns based on unit type.
And then put in a cash system to buy more mercenaries.

...Actually it's more like Civilization made by Intelligence Systems than anything else.

Ranked 3rd of GBA Fire Emblem, Golden Sun 1 & 2, and it, personally, but still good.

D

Deleted member

You know, I think it sounds really arrogant to basically say "Use our site only! It's the only good source for Smash content!"

It was a 'who would you like to see return' and I don't want those 3. Anyway, strawpoll time before bed
http://strawpoll.me/6313301
Should be fun
Well, fair enough
But there were only two, not three

As for the Strawpoll, Mega Man Zero duh
Don't know why Swamp needs better lawyers but get those
Though you can't buy them on the E-Shop

Khoru

Smash Champion

You know

This might be crazy enough to work.
i'm not sure i want it
mato's uncensored (a rare case of the term actually applying) translation spoiled me and others
i can't see nintendo not softening it

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
THE FOX BOX HOW I MISS YOU.
It's was awesome for that time with Power Rangers, Digimon, old Marvel shows (it had the Bruce Timm Batman and Tiny Toons for a while before WB made their own Kids block) until Disney had to ruin everything as usual. Then 4Kids screwed up the new FoxBox

Which is weird since Disney did both of those shows well in some aspects until Saban got them back and screwed it up again. Just give to people that aren't greedy

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I legit chuckled.
Bayo's probably gonna do some ****ed up **** to him.
Be it what she usually does to Angels or otherwise.
At some point he's going to try to file a restraining order and then remember that he can't read.

Illiteracy kills, people.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Kind of what happens when we live in our own little bubble.

The final results of the ballot are really an eye opener towards that fact.
Not only that, but Isaac's failure to even get a Mii Costume is a pretty major sign that he probably didn't do as well as people assumed/assume.

Geno and K. Rool are proof enough that Sakurai and company had fan requests in mind when making the costumes. Given the complete lack of any sign of him on the base game and how easy it would be to get the rights to use him (Camelot already has content in the game, including Golden Sun music), there's no doubt in my mind that if he were really that popular, he would have a Mii costume.

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866

You know

This might be crazy enough to work.
If I remember correctly, this was exactly how we got Earthbound on the VC for the rest of the world when it was on the Japanese VC. They saw the demand, they finally decided to get out for everyone else. I've said it before, but Mother 3 being localized is something I'm expecting sometime next year. With it's 10th anniversary happening, this would be a perfect time to release it (Like how Earthbound Beginnings was for the 25th anniversary). Or even better, a 3DS remake, as extremely unlikely it is.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm standing in front of Fantina in my Platinum Nuzlocke too scared to press A because I know that Mismagius is going to rip me to shreds and I do not want to grind anymore.

I wish Gol/Crobat learned Crunch.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Not only that, but Isaac's failure to even get a Mii Costume is a pretty major sign that he probably didn't do as well as people assumed/assume.

Geno and K. Rool are proof enough that Sakurai and company had fan requests in mind when making the costumes. Given the complete lack of any sign of him on the base game and how easy it would be to get the rights to use him (Camelot already has content in the game, including Golden Sun music), there's no doubt in my mind that if he were really that popular, he would have a Mii costume.
The removal of the AT seems oddly pointless now, considering that Isaac fans looked to it as their light at the end of the tunnel.

Would've seemed better to just leave it in to avoid any confusion.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I am only now finding out about how Mario Tennis Open had remixes of Rosalina's Comet Observatory and Good Egg Galaxy. They're really good though. I wish I could find higher quality versions of them though.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm not sure that Isaac not getting a costume means he wasn't requested a lot,

I mean there were a lot of Nintendo characters that were requested a lot. They didn't get anything either.

Moreover, I doubt Geno of all things was at the top of the poll.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
As far as I know there still isn't any confirmation on whether or not Mii Fighter costumes were developed in relation to the ballot.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I'm not sure that Isaac not getting a costume means he wasn't requested a lot,

I mean there were a lot of Nintendo characters that were requested a lot. They didn't get anything either.

Moreover, I doubt Geno of all things was at the top of the poll.
I never said he was; he's just known to be a character the Smash fandom has wanted in the past.

The only other first or second party Nintendo character who got significant requests and wasn't featured as an in-game NPC, a Mii Costume, and wasn't a cut veteran is Dixie Kong.

Sakurai knows what characters are wanted, and the fact that Isaac got nothing and Golden Sun was reduced to a music-only cameo (for both on-disc and DLC) is more than enough evidence for me to say he's not as popular as you guys wish he were (as opposed to evidence of the contrary......which is nothing, lol).

I guess I will give you people three little treats that I have in my head ever since Bayonetta was revealed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgVAwkXBjL4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fwq3A8kJtK4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBhn4CBFXGE

What do you think of it?
Video 1:
The main point he brought forth seemed to be that Bayonetta and Corrin are too obscure, which are both fairly weak points. There is a lot of things wrong with Corrin, but his being a nobody is the least of them, in my opinion. Smash DLC will sell regardless of the character. The roster has plenty of nobodies. Bayonetta was picked by the people, regardless of whether certain fans don't want to accept the ballot results as the truth. She's definitely nowhere near the level of the other third party characters, but the fact that she performed so well on the ballot is evidence enough that she's not really as obscure as people think.

Video 2:
This one opens right up with the guy complaining about Smash DLC being a ripoff in the UK, and flat out saying he didn't buy any of it, and that Ryu is the only one he'd ever even consider buying.

So why does this guy's opinion matter? He wasn't going to get it anyway. He has nothing to complain about.

Video 3:
"Bayonetta was the first game I was so offended by that I shut it off"

I dunno if it was the sexual themes or the religious ones, but either way.....what the hell was this guy expecting? Unless he somehow found the game disc on the ground, there's no way you could get a copy of Bayonetta without knowing that it's loaded with that kind of material. It's the equivalent of buying God of War and saying "I DIDN'T KNOW THERE WOULD BE GORE!".

The comment about "Teasing us with Brawl music" was really really stupid, too. If anyone heard the Brawl music and thought "SNAKE/WOLF CONFIRMED!", the disappointment you end up feeling from their absence is 100% your fault.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom