• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's creatures like the Megamouth shark that make me not want to learn how to swim.

Because if I see something with a mouth that big...
Megamouth has a tiny mouth ironically.

Its the Basking Shark with the big gaping maw.
But look at the size of that mouth! It's horrifying!
It is intimidating, I'll admit.

But so are a lot of harmless things.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Megamouth has a tiny mouth ironically.

Its the Basking Shark with the big gaping maw.

It is intimidating, I'll admit.

But so are a lot of harmless things.
Oops, I meant to say the Basking Shark. Yeah, not exactly a welcoming sight, no matter how harmless it is...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Seeing some of your reactions to the megamouth and basking sharks makes me glad I didn't end up posting pictures of the goblin shark... :laugh:

The basking shark was my little brother's favorite animal as a kid. :p

AreJay25

As long as we don't get to spider facts, I'm good.

Except if it's a jumping spider. Because those little guys are adorable.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Eh, may as well. You guys can hate me later. :p

So yeah, they're horrifying. And I want each and every one of you to take back what you said about the Basking Shark after seeing this terrifying freak of nature. :p

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Eh, may as well. You guys can hate me later. :p

So yeah, they're horrifying. And I want each and every one of you to take back what you said about the Basking Shark after seeing this terrifying freak of nature. :p
D'aww. It's adorable! :D

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
ignore any inlkling leak that only has the girl that just aint happening

AreJay25

Yeah, not gonna lie, I'm not too intimidated by the goblin shark's appearance lol.

I'll say that the angler fish is terrifying, despite it being a much lesser threat than the goblin shark...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, not gonna lie, I'm not too intimidated by the goblin shark's appearance lol.

I'll say that the angler fish is terrifying, despite it being a much lesser threat than the goblin shark...
For me it's the opposite, oddly enough. I don't mind the angler fish at all, but this thing...I dunno. Those dead, sunken eyes, retractable jaw, and gnarly-as-all-hell teeth kinda create the perfect storm of NOPE for me. :laugh:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Goblin shark 4 Sm4sh. :troll:

Soul.

The only thing I see happening on the 21st is maybe seeing an image celebrating the Wii U version's anniversary just like they did with the 3DS version in October.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I could see a more minor nod to the anniversary, but I doubt we'd be getting a full-on confirmation.

I would be so glad to be wrong though.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Yeah, because the splash screens for Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Robin, and Bowser Jr. included their alternate gender/character options.
Devil's advocate: Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Robin, and Bowser Jr.'s splash cards didn't mention their gender in the text, this (obviously fake) Inkling one specifically says "her".

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Anyone know if Gamestop has the same online deals for Black Friday? Not sure if I want to put up with the rush of basic ass mothers trying to buy games for their kids to buy that PS4 bundle.

Khoru

Smash Champion
Well, there was Indie Brawl....

But that died. Shame too, considering there's been so many new indie faces since then, including breakout ones like Shovel Knight and Freddy Fazbear.
indie brawl had some really questionable decisions
i mean i guess partially because it was like 2009-2010, but tigsource was just... a really ridiculous echo chamber
let's include important indie characters like turner, liero, and golden knight
not anyone obscure like meat boy or reimu
Quote's creator denied permission for the last Indie fighting game, so Quote may not be allowed here either...
that was actually nicalis
**** nicalis

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I think mid November is highly likely for a direct as they would want to announce stuff before Black Friday/ the shopping craze officially kicks in. I wouldn't put much stock in the anniversary thing as I doubt Nintendo would schelude a direct around the anniversary just to appease Sakurai's timing (unless of course characters get announced outside of a Nintendo Direct ala E3). I think December might be too late for a direct but that might just be my bias talking.

Khoru

Smash Champion
not anyone obscure like meat boy or reimu
also saying that commander video has no moveset potential

i legitimately wonder if some of the team members there had ever played ssb

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
I think mid November is highly likely for a direct as they would want to announce stuff before Black Friday/ the shopping craze officially kicks in. I wouldn't put much stock in the anniversary thing as I doubt Nintendo would schelude a direct around the anniversary just to appease Sakurai's timing (unless of course characters get announced outside of a Nintendo Direct ala E3). I think December might be too late for a direct but that might just be my bias talking.
Black Friday is a good point, however, what new could be released in time for Black Friday at this point? New announcements before Black Friday aren't going to help, unless they are released in time for Black Friday. Nintendo, imo, has the worst holiday lineup since I can remember. Their big games before black friday include Mario Tennis (which seems rushed), Yoshis Wooly World, and Triforce Heros. Are these big three going to hold anything against Fallout 4/Battlefront/Call of Duty/ Halo 5?

Not even close.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
is it december 4th yet? cause i'm desperately trying not to see spoilers for xenoblade chronicles x...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I feel like I saw that on here a while ago and feel like it was debunked but I can't actually remember how/why... :V
I think you're thinking of the "chin lodged into the shoulder" one. :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just learned that Muffet, one of my favorite characters in Undertale, wasn't designed by the creators

She was designed by someone that pledged enough money to design a boss monster of their own

One of the best designs in the game, with one of the best songs in the game

I just learned that Muffet, one of my favorite characters in Undertale, wasn't designed by the creators

She was designed by someone that pledged enough money to design a boss monster of their own

One of the best designs in the game, with one of the best songs in the game
Yeah and unlike So Sorry (also fanmade. May not want to look too deeply into that one) she actually has a role in the game and
her own gimmick

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom