• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I still have a hunch we could see a Direct mid November but I'm not betting on it.

And there's no way anyone will have the Direct's contents spoiled either.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
That was the Rosalina Smash reveal? I remember that.
Doesn't count! ;)

Speaking of Indivisible, that looks great. Why does it look like its going to fail :(
Probably because it's near struggling to break its goal, hopefully it does, but it could go either way unfortunately, which is sad... I really want this game to succeed as I've played the prototype and it's really good tbh, I hope it passes its goal.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
There is no Direct source able to Directly tell us the Direct contents and air date of a Direct.

Which Directly makes this Direct leak point towards fake.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
The more i look into indivisible the more sad i am its going to mess it's goal and be cancelled, sxrewing the whole company :(
Don't be sad, spread the word about it! It's much more helpful. Even if they fail the closer they get to their campaign goal the more likely they are to retry.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
THIS IS WHERE I AM PREPARED.

http://smashboards.com/threads/nint...ophe-feat-swamp.405399/page-932#post-20030938
(This is before the collapse tags stopped working)
Also, this doesn't include Indivisible.
Thanks for that. Let's say that's fifteen games (it's late I ain't counting again)

So besides the Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Pokemon and third party series and taking into account Fox, Samus and Captain Falcon's cameos through the years...

:4myfriends::4littlemac::4olimar::4pit::rosalina::4sheik::4villager::4wiifit::4palutena::4lucina::4robinm::4shulk::4darkpit::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4gaw::4ness::4rob::4lucas::4feroy::wolf:

Wow, for a knight he sure has no trouble throwing his loyalties around. Though I guess chivalry does involves helping others wherever possible.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I just expect a mini direct for the games coming out this holiday season and a Direct in early December related to TP HD, possible DLC for Smash, Splatoon and more info on HW Legends, FE Fates, Star Fox Zero release date Lucas Amiibo and maybe a surprise here or there.

Don't expect anything special

Don't be sad, spread the word about it! It's much more helpful. Even if they fail the closer they get to their campaign goal the more likely they are to retry.
Unfortunately that isn't looking like a possibility
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3rk1x9/were_lab_zero_games_makers_of_skullgirls_ama/cwoqvnc
. . .
we'll likely have to go dormant for a bit if we pursue that. Dealmaking takes time, and the industry pretty much shuts down after Thanksgiving.

People will likely have to take on some kind of work to survive during that downtime, which risks them not being around if we do sign something else, too.
TLDR. . .if the Indiegogo doesn't meet it's goal Lab-zero might (hopefully temporarily) wind up disbanding :/

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I don't know about you guys, but I'm planning on putting some funds into the game almost immediately. About right now.

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3rk1x9/were_lab_zero_games_makers_of_skullgirls_ama/cwoqvnc

TLDR. . .if the Indiegogo doesn't meet it's goal Lab-zero might (hopefully temporarily) wind up disbanding :/
Well in that case
[pulls out nerfgun and ski mask]
Time to go "shopping".

But seriously I hope they make it...I doubt it, but....I just hope they do. I'm been supporting that team back when Skullgirls was still just a beta. They're a really nice and talented group of people, but at times they seem cursed...

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

I'm actually nervous about this because I love the gameplay of Skullgirls and designs especially with Ms Fortune and Cerabella.

I would disheartened if Skullgirls die off.

Now I'm not interested in Indivisible nor think it's looks interesting IMO but Lab Zero needs to stay alive. Skullgirls shouldn't die

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There is no Direct source able to Directly tell us the Direct contents and air date of a Direct.

Which Directly makes this Direct leak point towards fake.
So what I'm hearing is direct confirmed?
:p
I want there to be a Direct on the 12th, but I want it to be 100% different compared to the "leak".

Just to see reactions.
So basically the April 1st direct, but just as if not more amazing?
ahahaha good god that direct "leak"

it says something that ive lost count on how many times i thought to myself "this is the saddest attempt at a leak ever" on many leaks

EDIT: Also keep Cloud the **** out of my Smash Brothers.
Wait which leak s this? I thought it was the one with 2 pikmin games,2 new f zeroes, a new more, nx details, and much more from the land of make believe. And does cloud get involved in it?

This reply though
I'm actually nervous about this because I love the gameplay of Skullgirls and designs especially with Ms Fortune and Cerabella.

I would disheartened if Skullgirls die off.

Now I'm not interested in Indivisible nor think it's looks interesting IMO but Lab Zero needs to stay alive. Skullgirls shouldn't die
If I had never seen Skullgirls I wouldn't care for it at all. But that alone is some good ****. Losing lab zero would be a travesty. Their style is too good to lose

prototype downloaded. If only I had a controller

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
This reply though

If I had never seen Skullgirls I wouldn't care for it at all. But that alone is some good ****. Losing lab zero would be a travesty. Their style is too good to lose

prototype downloaded. If only I had a controller
You know speaking of Skullgirls, you know how I'm a writer, well currently I'm writing a fanfiction called Steven Universe X Skullgirls.

Soul.

I expect there to be a Direct of a Direct which will lead to future Direct presentations with a new format Direct to you coming next year because everyone wants 2016 to be a thing.

Is there another 4chan Direct leak?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Other than Indivisible, the list I provided is up-to-date on the known appearances he has made/will make.
Huh, well good thing I just funded Indivisible on Indie-gogo, hopefully it counts towards something. Shovel Knight is probably the most successful indie character I believe.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Seeing Yokai reminded me of a game that also has Pokémon inspirations that I've been supporting: Keitai Denjuu Telefang (for Game Boy Color).

WOW! Looking at the progress of its English translation project, it's one version 108. Hard to believe the project started in 2008.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So the fanfiction isn't too complex really, it's just Pearl's story if she were in Skullgirls, finding herself there through a magical accident involving Rose Quartz' room and Steven's gem. And then she interacts with other characters from the game, it'd be so great if this were a real thing and she was a guest character, but that's a pipedream.

Last edited:
So the fanfiction isn't too complex really, it's just Pearl's story if she were in Skullgirls, finding herself there through a magical accident involving Rose Quartz' room and Steven's gem. And then she interacts with other characters from the game, it'd be so great if this were a real thing and she was a guest character, but that's a pipedream.
"and then she transformed again to be more masculine and started using a bow, this, becoming bird archer"

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
LTP, don't take this the wrong way, but he knows that they're probably wrong, you don't need to make him look bad. I've seen that your additude can kind of be aggressive sometimes. :/
Well, thanks for that. I've been trying to improve on my attitude here for months.

It's not the name change or talking about the game. It's the nonstop posting of gifs and image macros that is getting overboard.

Again, I don't have anything against being a fan of something or being hyped, but there comes a point where people can come across as obnoxious. Of course, the Smash fanbase is guilty of this too, including people on this very forum.

I don't know, I just feel that BluePikmin is a little too excited compared to what could be considered as being hyped. It's just rubbing me off the wrong way. I don't mean any offense, but it gets upsetting sometimes. I think it is telling when other people on this thread had similar reactions to certain images he posted a while back.

Lastly, given the sarcastic nature of my post, I wasn't completely serious, but I'd be lying if I said it was just a joke.

In regards to "mai waifu" stuff: I'm not a big fan of shipping and waifu stuff. I do get annoyed when all some manga/anime fans discuss about a series is shipping and waifus and husbandos and whatnot when there's more to said series than that, which is why I tend to stay away from the manga/anime fanbases. I like manga and anime, but the fanbases surrounding those are, more often than not, just terrible.
Yeah, I agree with how the constant gifposting and image macros need to stop. I can see your point of view, definitely, I just don't agree with it.

Sorry if I shouldn't be bringing this up but I just got on Smashboards after a few hours. But thank you for responding maturely.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Well, thanks for that. I've been trying to improve on my attitude here for months.

Yeah, I agree with how the constant gifposting and image macros need to stop. I can see your point of view, definitely, I just don't agree with it.

Sorry if I shouldn't be bringing this up but I just got on Smashboards after a few hours. But thank you for responding maturely.
Hey, it's okay, I can understand where it could be coming from. :)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Thanks for that. Let's say that's fifteen games (it's late I ain't counting again)

So besides the Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Pokemon and third party series and taking into account Fox, Samus and Captain Falcon's cameos through the years...

:4myfriends::4littlemac::4olimar::4pit::rosalina::4sheik::4villager::4wiifit::4palutena::4lucina::4robinm::4shulk::4darkpit::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4gaw::4ness::4rob::4lucas::4feroy::wolf:

Wow, for a knight he sure has no trouble throwing his loyalties around. Though I guess chivalry does involves helping others wherever possible.
I think out of those, it's Olimar that's the most surprising, considering how they put Pikmin in, like, everything.

But that's also just the thing. The Pikmin themselves actually appear more than Shovel Knight, but Olimar doesn't. :laugh: For those wondering, I believe Olimar's had ten appearances: Pikmin, Pikmin 2, Pikmin 3, Melee (trophy cameo), Brawl, Smash 4, Super Mario Maker (8Bit costume), WarioWare DIY (9-Volt minigame), Collectible Badge Center (sticker cameo), and Animal Crossing City Folk (he writes the player a letter despite not being physically seen), which is still all in all pretty neat. Makes me wish that Superstar Saga cameo would have actually happened. :|

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Here's the GameStop Black Friday sales

image.png
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Nintendo UK's been giving out free amiibo's like candy over on their twitter
I'm legit jealous

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I think out of those, it's Olimar that's the most surprising, considering how they put Pikmin in, like, everything.

But that's also just the thing. The Pikmin themselves actually appear more than Shovel Knight, but Olimar doesn't. :laugh: For those wondering, I believe Olimar's had ten appearances: Pikmin, Pikmin 2, Pikmin 3, Melee (trophy cameo), Brawl, Smash 4, Super Mario Maker (8Bit costume), WarioWare DIY (9-Volt minigame), Collectible Badge Center (sticker cameo), and Animal Crossing City Folk (he writes the player a letter despite not being physically seen), which is still all in all pretty neat. Makes me wish that Superstar Saga cameo would have actually happened. :|
Well Myomoto has stated previously that the Pikmin are the main characters rather than Olimar.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Another episode of RANDOM ANIMAL FACTS WITH SWAMP!

Do you know what an Okapi is?

They're amazing animals!

Take a look!

Cool huh? These animals are actually my favorite!

Okapis are ungulates (hoofed animals) that live in the rain-forests of Africa. They're incredibly shy and for many years, no one but the native people knew they even existed. Quite the feat for an animal that is about six feet tall.

They're related to another African animal.

Can you guess what it is?

No. It's not the Zebra.

This picture may give you a hint.

Look at that tongue! It's incredibly long just like it's relative...

The giraffe.

Giraffe's tongues are actually a couple of feet long. Okapi tongues aren't that long but still its quite big. The tongues of both creatures are used to get the delicious leaves at the tops of trees.
You know, I used to be into Okapis a little, but they're kind of a base tier obscure animal. They're kind of like an old meme: they used to be great, but they got overdiscussed and now. . .yeah. :troll:

These guys are much cuter:

See? Vastly superior. :awesome:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom