• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I want to support indivisible or w/e but I don't got the money

They should contact under tales staff and get a Papyrus cameo

**** why did I play the demo.

Now I really really REALLY want this to be a thing. The characters are cool, the battle system is amazing the platforming is tight (and im using a keyboard lol) and this is just the beginning.

and to top it all of the music is fantastic as well.

WHY DOES EVERYTHING I LOVE DIE

EDIT didnt mean to censor dodge >_>

EDIT 2. you should all at least try it. It's really good. (controls are a bit weird at first)

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know, I used to be into Okapis a little, but they're kind of a base tier obscure animal. They're kind of like an old meme: they used to be great, but they got overdiscussed and now. . .yeah. :troll:

These guys are much cuter:

See? Vastly superior. :awesome:
Those are the most trafficked animal on earth, illegally of course, because of backwards superstition in China that their scales are medicine.

They aren't

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Surprises me that no one has made a straight up Smash clone (or game very similar to Smash) but with an indie cast. Seems like a no-brainer, all those indie devs obv love having their little crossover circlejerks, and many are clearly fans of Smash.

With stuff like Rivals of Aether and SSF2 it seems like only a matter of time. I'd definitely try it out.

D

Deleted member

Well, there was Indie Brawl....

But that died. Shame too, considering there's been so many new indie faces since then, including breakout ones like Shovel Knight and Freddy Fazbear.

Chrono.

Surprises me that no one has made a straight up Smash clone (or game very similar to Smash) but with an indie cast. Seems like a no-brainer, all those indie devs obv love having their little crossover circlejerks, and many are clearly fans of Smash.

With stuff like Rivals of Aether and SSF2 it seems like only a matter of time. I'd definitely try it out.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/407620/

Here you go.

Not a lot of well known indies tho

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okapis are one of my favorite animals, ever since I learned about them on a trip to the American Museum of Natural History when I was like, seven. I really need to go there again...

But yeah, they're awesome. Binturongs are still higher on my favorite-obscure-mammals tier list though. :p

But some of the most horrifying creatures on the planet (ignoring wood cockroaches since they're my worst phobia...roaches should not fly if they live in my area...) are things deep in the ocean. In particular? The Goblin Shark. Absolutely horrifying. Their grotesque appearance isn't helped by the fact that they can unhinge and shoot their jaws out to get prey just out of reach. They're the stuff of nightmares...just...Google Image search them.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Saw this on Twitter:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

The drake and Josh one had me xD

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well, there was Indie Brawl....

But that died. Shame too, considering there's been so many new indie faces since then, including breakout ones like Shovel Knight and Freddy Fazbear.
Aw yeah that did look neat, at least aesthetically. But yeh I mean one that actually came to fruition.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/407620/

Here you go.

Not a lot of well known indies tho
Yeah I guess I meant one with characters people actually know/care about. Like the Smash equivalent but with indies. Shovel Knight, Freddy, Shantae, Quote and the like.

Or at least a good handful of the most prolific ones, because I doubt they'd get all the big ones.

D

Deleted member

Aw yeah that did look neat, at least aesthetically. But yeh I mean one that actually came to fruition.

Yeah I guess I meant one with characters people actually know/care about. Like the Smash equivalent but with indies. Shovel Knight, Freddy, Shantae, Quote and the like.

Or at least a good handful of the most prolific ones, because I doubt they'd get all the big ones.
Well, they're supposedly trying for 60+ characters.
Chances are some of more notable ones will be among them.
Shovel Knight is in everything, so I'd expect him. Maybe even some of the other Knights such Plague Knight.
I'm 50/50 on whether or not Scott would be willing to have Freddy and co. be used in other games.
Quote's creator denied permission for the last Indie fighting game, so Quote may not be allowed here either...
As for Shantae, I can't really see Matt say "No" if asked.

As for something like Goat from Goat Simulator.....I don't think Coffee Stain Studios has to give permission considering it's just a realistic goat......capable of completely unrealistic things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Looking at the game, it seems very underwhelming. Generic even.
Like, many feel as if they're cartoon reskins rather than properly representing themselves.

Then again, apart from Salad Finger and The Kid I can't recognize half of these guys. So what do I know?

How does "web animation" = "indie game"?
Your guess is as good as mine.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
To be fair to the first one, Ike extends his hurtbox with his forward smash, so it looks like Sonic turns into Mr. Fantastic.

But yeah, the range on that move is pretty silly. Not complaining though. :estatic:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
To be fair to the first one, Ike extends his hurtbox with his forward smash, so it looks like Sonic turns into Mr. Fantastic.

But yeah, the range on that move is pretty silly. Not complaining though. :estatic:
Didn't know that about Ike, but still, more reason for me t hate spammy sonic players... Yesterday on FG there was one sonic wo only did this and the basic spindash. It was really annoying... Also how have we not discussed this:
http://nintendoeverything.com/concept-art-of-urinal-warp-zones-spotted-in-the-splatoon-art-book/

AreJay25

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I might buy that indie smash game just BECAUSE Salad Fingers is in it, I always loved those videos.

Throw in Charlie the Unicorn and Miss Dynamite and I'd be super happy.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
So theory time. I mentioned yesterday that last year we had to wait from June 10th until Nov 5th for a Direct. Our last direct was Jun 15th this year, meaning on Nov 10th will be the same time we had to wait last year. Well it just so happens the 10th is on a Tuesday, and well Directs generally fall in the middle of the week. Nintendo confirmed we are getting a direct this year, and theres only 8 weeks left for one to happen.

All that said, I have a feeling next week has a strong chance of one occurring. (Guessing on the 11th).

Edit: Another possibility is on Nov 20th to correlate with the original SF0, and offering us Wolf as same day DLC.

Last edited:

Chrono.

So theory time. I mentioned yesterday that last year we had to wait from June 10th until Nov 5th for a Direct. Our last direct was Jun 15th this year, meaning on Nov 10th will be the same time we had to wait last year. Well it just so happens the 10th is on a Tuesday, and well Directs generally fall in the middle of the week. Nintendo confirmed we are getting a direct this year, and theres only 8 weeks left for one to happen. (Guessing on the 11th).

All that said, I have a feeling next week has a strong chance of one occurring.

Edit: Another possibility is on Nov 20th to correlate with the original SF0, and offering us Wolf as same day DLC.
Will there be a Direct next week?? Will Wolf be confirmed??

Find out on my collab video with Etika, GameXplain and Somecallmeprotonjontron

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Will there be a Direct next week?? Will Wolf be confirmed??

Find out on my collab video with Etika, GameXplain and Somecallmeprotonjontron
Find out next time on SUPER SMASH BR...
oh.... wait, it's actually:
SUPER CLICKBAIT BROTHERS BRAWL!!!!!

AreJay25

I'm not even going to try to predict when the Direct is anymore. People have been trying to do this for months now and nothing's come out of it.

It'll happen when it happens.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
To further this theory, a direct probably won't occur on the week of thanksgiving and the weeks of Christmas and New Years, leaving 5 out of the 8 weeks as possibilities. The next two weeks seem to work perfect for a direct. If not, we can certainly expect a direct within the first 3 weeks of December.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If we don't get a Direct this month it will be absurd if only because we're getting one this year and December is a bit late to the party given the fiscal side of things.

It's been like five months, what's another week or two?

Chrono.

While I agree that we're likelier to see the Direct sooner than later...

Idk, Nintendo's kinda odd and they've done December Directs before.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm not even going to try to predict when the Direct is anymore. People have been trying to do this for months now and nothing's come out of it.

It'll happen when it happens.
This is definitely an opinion I could agree with, but I have a good feeling that the 10th willl be the direct. It be the last safe day they have for some big pokemon announcement( before it's leaked) on the 15th, about halfway through the month, so it's good for holiday marketing, lines up with the last longest drought without an ND, Smash Bros is do for some release( they are every other month) so I could see one happen for those reasons alone and be content filled. I hope this happens, but we will have to wait as always!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
More animal facts with Swamp.
You guys know Whale Sharks right?

They're big, blue, peaceful and eat nothing but plankton. On average they're about 30 feet.

Pretty neat!

But what if I told you there were other plankton eating sharks?

For example, take a look at the Basking Shark.

These guys are about 26 feet long and actually live in social groups of three to four sharks.

These guys are often mistaken for giant Great White sharks from above which is part of the reason why people think they are bigger than they are.

There are also Megamouth Sharks.

These little guys are only 13 feet or so. They're the rarest of the three plankton eating sharks and live the deepest. We know close to nothing about these guys. We didn't even know they existed until 1976.

Have a neat video about them.

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/shark-week/videos/alien-sharks-the-megamouth/

What do you think?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
More animal facts with Swamp.
You guys know Whale Sharks right?

They're big, blue, peaceful and eat nothing but plankton. On average they're about 30 feet.

Pretty neat!

But what if I told you there were other plankton eating sharks?

For example, take a look at the Basking Shark.

These guys are about 26 feet long and actually live in social groups of three to four sharks.

These guys are often mistaken for giant Great White sharks from above which is part of the reason why people think they are bigger than they are.

There are also Megamouth Sharks.

These little guys are only 13 feet or so. They're the rarest of the three plankton eating sharks and live the deepest. We know close to nothing about these guys. We didn't even know they existed until 1976.

Have a neat video about them.

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/shark-week/videos/alien-sharks-the-megamouth/

What do you think?
Well one thing's for sure...

This is not something I'd prefer seeing in real life if you ask me.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
The megamouth shark looks like a grumpy old man and that amuses me.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well one thing's for sure...

This is not something I'd prefer seeing in real life if you ask me.
Don't worry, they only eat Plankton.

They wouldn't care about you.

The megamouth shark looks like a grumpy old man and that amuses me.
They do look a bit off, don't they?

AreJay25

It's creatures like the Megamouth shark that make me not want to learn how to swim.

Because if I see something with a mouth that big...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom