• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Didn't realize this, thanks for pointing it out, I forgot the change they made.

Ah alright, and I understood the delay par, but was still slightly confused.

I think it's a mistake, but they have had quite some time to adjust this, I wonder what would happened if someone went into the store the day of, and asked for it. They send these out to a lot of families, most probably don't know the game is delayed,and what if they go to look for this for their kids and learn that this error was made.

I know it's wrong but as I said above, how did they make this mistake, there was plenty of time to fix this.

And Nitenzilla, Luigi's wording is fine, I know he wasn't trying to sound rude.

AreJay25 AreJay25 look what's back:

Yeah, it's just that he came off as brash to me, but if he wasn't then I understand.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I for one am all for more 3rd parties.Like i would love king k rool but man i love rayman even more.I would go insane of hype if they add dixie but man if they added Simon Belmont I would die of hype.Characters like Cloud, Banjo, Tails, Crash, Rayman, Bomberman, Sora, Layton, Zero, Spyro,etc would bring hype and more sales than a k rool, dixie, chibi-robo, isaac, Bdee, tetra, inkling, andy, daisy,captain toad,etc in terms of DLC.I mean if sakurai and nintendo plan is to market smash dlc to everyone whats a better way to do than to use iconic characters that every one knows than b/c tier nintendo characters that can save for the next game.Everyone knows who crash bandicoot and bomberman is not everyone knows who issac or chibi-robo is.I know i didn't before i found the internet hell i didnt find out who isaac was until i found this board.I feel this post is gonna get a lot of hate but i just feel that smash dlc will be better off focusing on 3rd parties and saving the nintendo characters for the next game so you know we have people to actually add

D

Deleted member

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
That's interesting. It's unfortunate to know that the CD drive doesn't get to work on this prototype, but it's great either way.

Does it involve Rosalina again?
Yes, yes he did. And what he called her was, impressive really, and for all the wrong reasons.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Does it involve Rosalina again?
It's him being himself, so yeah. That and calling all Nintendo fans "autistic" and call anything anime-like "hentai". The guy is insane.

Though, I do advise to not talk about him since he's a banned user here.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Still don't know why they deleted this in the first place. It's exactly the same as it was before...
I have no idea either.

Also villager must be getting decent restocks i the states as well as Mega Yarn Yoshi amiibos. The same catalog for Toys R us, has a general buy amiboo image/order number, but villager and Mega Yoshi have separate listings. Hope the Yoshi gets them because I want a mega one so much, the toys r us around here are so far from me though...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Another episode of RANDOM ANIMAL FACTS WITH SWAMP!

Do you know what an Okapi is?

They're amazing animals!

Take a look!

Cool huh? These animals are actually my favorite!

Okapis are ungulates (hoofed animals) that live in the rain-forests of Africa. They're incredibly shy and for many years, no one but the native people knew they even existed. Quite the feat for an animal that is about six feet tall.

They're related to another African animal.

Can you guess what it is?

No. It's not the Zebra.

This picture may give you a hint.

Look at that tongue! It's incredibly long just like it's relative...

The giraffe.

Giraffe's tongues are actually a couple of feet long. Okapi tongues aren't that long but still its quite big. The tongues of both creatures are used to get the delicious leaves at the tops of trees.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
It's him being himself, so yeah. That and calling all Nintendo fans "autistic" and call anything anime-like "hentai". The guy is insane.

Oh he's banned, well then we should cease the topic then.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

They're amazing animals!

Take a look!

Okapis are ungulates (hoofed animals) that live in the rain-forests of Africa. They're incredibly shy and for many years, no one but the native people knew they even existed. Quite the feat for an animal that is about six feet tall.

No. It's not the Zebra.

The giraffe.

Giraffe's tongues are actually a couple of feet long. Okapi tongues aren't that long but still its quite big. The tongues of both creatures are used to get the delicious leaves at the tops of trees.
Hey.

Talk about something interesting.

Like a swamp native animal. :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Will do. Let's leave it at that.

D

Deleted member

Well, I decided to watch the firat episode of Arslan Senki because of the recommendation of our good weaboo friend Frostwraith Frostwraith
I do like how it depicts subjects like slavery and religious obsession like they were at that time period instead of making everything goody-good and the good guys never crossing the moral line
And the artsyle certainly reminda me of FMAB
Even the CGI brings me back memories :^)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

They're amazing animals!

Take a look!

No. It's not the Zebra.

The giraffe.

I knew all of these! I've seen them in real life to, they are interesting animals indeed.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
In all seriousness guys.

How were the Okapi facts?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, I decided to watch the firat episode of Arslan Senki because of the recommendation of our good weaboo friend Frostwraith Frostwraith
I do like how it depicts subjects like slavery and religious obsession like they were at that time period instead of making everything goody-good and the good guys never crossing the moral line
It only gets better.

And yeah, the series is realistic in its depiction of such subjects, which is an enjoyable aspect about it.

The fact all sides have their moral qualities and flaws adds depth to the story and its characters to the point that you can even empathize a bit with the antagonists.

Well, I'd talk more about it, but I don't want to spoil anything, so go ahead and watch the rest. :p

And the artsyle certainly reminda me of FMAB
The characters were designed by same artist, after all...

In all seriousness guys.

How were the Okapi facts?
Had no idea they existed. lol

Guess you learn something new every now and then...

And with this, I'm off for the night.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
The Future of Smash is Characters

Is an article where I discuss how third parties are the future of Smash, moving forward and "A Return to Form" is unlikely to actually happen. Read both of the them and let me know which on you agree with!
Interesting read. From my personal wants, I realize that there's about 3 more Nintendo characters I want, with the rest being 3rd party (Shovel Knight, Rayman, Bomberman, Crash, Snake, and Simon Belmont). Now that we've gotten a taste of 3rd parties, I do feel like it's a given people would want to see more of them. Honestly, I don't find this a problem so long as they aren't the ridiculous picks (Shovel Knight is probably the limit). It may be a bad comparison, but PSASBR was an example of how 3rd parties could be wanted. While some questionable choices, even the most requested characters were ALL 3rd parties (Cloud, Crash, Spyro, and Laura Croft). It didn't matter that they were 3rd parties, but they were characters people liked and wanted to see. I think the same can be applied to Smash with others like Rayman, Bomberman, Simon Belmont, and Snake. As you pointed out, if even Heihachi was considered for Smash, then I think Sakurai really does just want this game to feel like a huge gaming cross over.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Anybody know how to beat Arno's challenge in Super Mario Maker? I'm having trouble.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Anybody know how to beat Arno's challenge in Super Mario Maker? I'm having trouble.
Which one? The first one that gives you his costume? You have to make your way to the sub world, then head left, go into the pipe, and run for your dear life to the flagpole after that. If you can keep the fire flower it should save you.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So... this is a thing I guess?

Dora of all shows getting a time skip, weird...

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Zoe Quinn is getting a movie. And it'll probably go as well as that SVU episode with gamers.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I was helping watch two little kids today and saw and episode of it. It was really weird....

Also, when does Xenoblade chronicles X release in the states?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I was helping watch two little kids today and saw and episode of it. It was really weird....

Also, when does Xenoblade chronicles X release in the states?
Looks like it is...

The new Xenoblade is supposedly coming out this Holiday season.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

How long until someone at Tumblr blows a gasket over it?

And to be fair, we do exist in a universe where the Rugrats, who's entire premise is based on the age of its protagonists, got aged up.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
How long until someone at Tumblr blows a gasket over it?

And to be fair, we do exist in a universe where the Rugrats, who's entire premise is based on the age of its protagonists, got aged up.
Nobody should be reminded of that, ever. (It's a wonder All Grown Up even existed)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom