• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I think I can diagnose BluePikmi--er, I mean BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 --with extreme fanboyism. :4drmario:

That's no good. Fortunately, it seems plenty of users here already have the vaccine for it, so the chances of an epidemic are on the low side of the scale. :smirk:

Seriously now, it's getting to disturbing levels of obsessiveness. Nothing against fans of anything, but there's a line between being a fan and being obsessed with something.

Well, that's just me who is more reserved and somewhat cynical.
Love how we're doing this again. We can talk about how "LUCINA IS MAH WAIFU" all day long but we DRAW THE LINE at someone really liking a character. (also anna)

And another thing, if you're talking about Yo-Kai? Nearly this entire thread has over a 1,000 posts on a forum about Smash Bros. Yeah, we're just mild fans, huh?

I apologise if you were joking but if you were it doesn't sound like a joking post.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
You know, I just realized that the people with MLP avatars have tons of followers, I'm changing my picture to Cadence tomorrow then. (You know what they say, the more the marryier) :troll:

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So been playing Yo-kai watch. Liking it so far, but the catching system is pretty meh.

BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 Since I haven't seen the Original japanese version of the anime, she is Katie to me.

Also, I did see the first episode of the english version of the anime a couple days ago and that was good. Will probably watch more when I get further in the game as well as watch the original version as well with subs.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
He became the BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11

It was his dream, his desire and there's a yokai inside of him.

Because no man will shill this hardcore for a game. So there's a yokai made by Level m-5 inside of him bursting out his inner fanboy.

He's now an anime girl.

#StopTheYokai

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
And just like that the world of speculation changed for ever. RIP best type of pikmin
Nah, the best type goes to either Winged or White Pikmin. Git Gud Scrub.

Also, going back to Katie, from the little I saw of her in the anime, I like her. She isn't just a cutesy wutesy girl. The fact that she isn't afraid to be a bit of a troll makes her feel more natural. Granted, thats entirely based on one episode of the anime, and her personality can potentially differ from the games.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
He became the BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11

It was his dream, his desire and there's a yokai inside of him.

Because no man will shill this hardcore for a game. So there's a yokai made by Level m-5 inside of him bursting out his inner fanboy.

He's now an anime girl.

#StopTheYokai
What are you suddenly Sarah Mcglocklin?

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Warning Received: Image Postd
Welp

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
WIN_20151106_17_57_12_Pro.jpg

So this was in my toys R Us Christmas Catalog today. It says Starfox Zero releases 11/20. I think you've done goofed there Toys R Us.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Ugh, ignore that typo in the warning, I just woke up.

Remember you need to add text to your posts. Image posts are not allowed as per the rules of the OP.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Remember you need to add text to your posts. Image posts are not allowed as per the rules of the OP.
Say Push, what do you think of that mistake I posted above by Toys R Us?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Bunch of users starting to have Yo-kai watch avatars?

Yo-kai is why!
Yo-Kai, Yo-Kai, YO-KAI!!!!!!!!!! Watch with me!
While I don't fully understand the joke here, wouldn't it be pushed forward?
It's a joke about how people seem to assume that once an error's been made it's almost always assumed that it means something. But no, I mean pushed back, you know, because of the delay?

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603

Oops. Should've read the OP

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I just watched one of Mariotehplumber's "Reviews"...

What has been seen cannot be unseen.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Say Push, what do you think of that mistake I posted above by Toys R Us?
I think it's unlikely it's coming out soon, as Nintendo pushed it back. This might just be an error as these promotional things get decided some time in advance.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
What do you mean by dun goofed? That they're wrong? Yeah.

That they could be right? Uh, I believe you forgot marketing exists.
LTP, don't take this the wrong way, but he knows that they're probably wrong, you don't need to make him look bad. I've seen that your additude can kind of be aggressive sometimes. :/

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Would you guys like me to bring up Random Animal Facts with Swamp again?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
They're also using the beta boxart instead of the final one.

Didn't realize this, thanks for pointing it out, I forgot the change they made.
Yo-Kai, Yo-Kai, YO-KAI!!!!!!!!!! Watch with me!

It's a joke about how people seem to assume that once an error's been made it's almost always assumed that it means something. But no, I mean pushed back, you know, because of the delay?
Ah alright, and I understood the delay par, but was still slightly confused.
I think it's unlikely it's coming out soon, as Nintendo pushed it back. This might just be an error as these promotional things get decided some time in advance.
I think it's a mistake, but they have had quite some time to adjust this, I wonder what would happened if someone went into the store the day of, and asked for it. They send these out to a lot of families, most probably don't know the game is delayed,and what if they go to look for this for their kids and learn that this error was made.
What do you mean by dun goofed? That they're wrong? Yeah.

That they could be right? Uh, I believe you forgot marketing exists.
I know it's wrong but as I said above, how did they make this mistake, there was plenty of time to fix this.

And Nitenzilla, Luigi's wording is fine, I know he wasn't trying to sound rude.

AreJay25 AreJay25 look what's back:

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Love how we're doing this again. We can talk about how "LUCINA IS MAH WAIFU" all day long but we DRAW THE LINE at someone really liking a character. (also anna)

And another thing, if you're talking about Yo-Kai? Nearly this entire thread has over a 1,000 posts on a forum about Smash Bros. Yeah, we're just mild fans, huh?

I apologise if you were joking but if you were it doesn't sound like a joking post.
It's not the name change or talking about the game. It's the nonstop posting of gifs and image macros that is getting overboard.

Again, I don't have anything against being a fan of something or being hyped, but there comes a point where people can come across as obnoxious. Of course, the Smash fanbase is guilty of this too, including people on this very forum.

I don't know, I just feel that BluePikmin is a little too excited compared to what could be considered as being hyped. It's just rubbing me off the wrong way. I don't mean any offense, but it gets upsetting sometimes. I think it is telling when other people on this thread had similar reactions to certain images he posted a while back.

Lastly, given the sarcastic nature of my post, I wasn't completely serious, but I'd be lying if I said it was just a joke.

In regards to "mai waifu" stuff: I'm not a big fan of shipping and waifu stuff. I do get annoyed when all some manga/anime fans discuss about a series is shipping and waifus and husbandos and whatnot when there's more to said series than that, which is why I tend to stay away from the manga/anime fanbases. I like manga and anime, but the fanbases surrounding those are, more often than not, just terrible.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Speaking of which, when are you getting that Animal Planet tie-in? I mean, I'm not pushing or anything, but I think it would be really cool seeing you wrestle an alligator.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
The Future of Smash is Characters

Is an article where I discuss how third parties are the future of Smash, moving forward and "A Return to Form" is unlikely to actually happen. Read both of the them and let me know which on you agree with!
Third parties are the future (or at least really important) provided they're carefully added and retain that huge appeal they've had so far. Cutting them would probably be a huge mistake. You take them out and you lose THE all-star battles. Mario vs Sonic vs Mega Man vs Pac-Man vs Ryu is a void that won't be filled if third parties are cut entirely.

Does a bear **** in the woods?
:p

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
The Future of Smash is Characters

Is an article where I discuss how third parties are the future of Smash, moving forward and "A Return to Form" is unlikely to actually happen. Read both of the them and let me know which on you agree with!
Good read, I definitely agree with you. Third party characters have become a big part of Smash Bros, and cutting them would be a step-backwards.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I just watched one of Mariotehplumber's "Reviews"...

What has been seen cannot be unseen.
-1 for MTP
+1 for Ika Musume
- - - - -
There's nothing left that I wanted to post right now
So here's some wonderful little flavor text

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom