• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Wii (im assuming a game would be expensive from there though >_>)
Wii U
3ds
PS3
On PS3 I'd suggest Symphonia Chronicles or Xillia 1.

Graces has great combat (one of my favorites) but I found the story and characters very average overall

3DS has Abyss. Overall it's really good, but the first portion of the game has terrible pacing. The first few hours are a chore and imo boring; I legit stopped playing for a while. BUT after going back and playing more it became good enough to play without it being torture. And then around the 25/30% mark the storyt picks up and it becomes great.

Wii has symphonia (gamecube BC) and Dawn of the new world (good combat and meh everything else)

EDIT:
Oh, and ps3 can play the ps1 tales games. I've played Eternia(Destiny 2) on mine. They, uh.....cost a bit though. I got mine for $40 years ago, but they run around $150+ nowadays

And if your PS3 is backwards compatible, then I suggest Legendia.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Adam Howden coming back is really damn cool, I'm just sad that there will be no more of this:

"HEROPON'S ON THE RAMPAGE"
"MELIA'S SCARY WHEN SHE'S ANGRY"
My sides are just flying right now
Come back, sides

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I read about a quirky glitch on SmashWiki. When Ganondorf is under the slowdown effect of a Timer, use the down taunt and you'll notice the sword will move oddly.

Well, it happens in both versions of the game, and upon a closer look at it on my 3DS game, the explanation is clear: though Ganondorf's model is slowed down, the sword isn't. By the time Ganondorf's animation calls for the sword to show, the sword will be already be finishing its animation and will show how it would animate after Ganondorf sheathes (and his animation calls for the sword to disappear).

Basically, the sword appears and disappears at the right times, matching with Ganondorf's animation, even while slowed down. However, the sword's animation itself isn't, resulting into an animation error and the sword literally moving on its own.

This doesn't happen with the Warlock Blade special move nor when the Timer slows down the entire game (in which case, it's the equivalent of reducing the speed in Training mode).

Finding why bugs happen is an interesting thing to do, I'd say...

Chrono.

The question is, when will Meowser make his spin off debut?

(I'm at his boss fight atm, had to restart because I missed a green star -_-)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I won't lie: I actually would like to see Dry Bowser playable in Smash.

Clone or costume, I don't care.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I won't lie: I actually would like to see Dry Bowser playable in Smash.

Clone or costume, I don't care.
It'd be hilarious if Dry Bowser was more reminiscent of Brawl Bowser compared to SM4SH Bowser
Mainly because we'd get Bowsermobile back

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Screw Brawl! :glare:

I want muh Melee Koopa Klaw or a Bone Throw Side B
OK that's a much better idea
Trumped by Ruto once again
I knew there was something Melee had but I haven't played that in like 8 years so

Plus I think a Bone Throw would be better as a Down B
Because the Bowser Bomb with Dry Bowser and DB NOT falling apart instantly is a strange thought.
:4pacman:

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
OK that's a much better idea
Trumped by Ruto once again
I knew there was something Melee had but I haven't played that in like 8 years so

Plus I think a Bone Throw would be better as a Down B
Because the Bowser Bomb with Dry Bowser and DB NOT falling apart instantly is a strange thought.
:4pacman:
Or he DOES fall apart- the move is even stronger than Bowser's but the endlag is atrocious.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Oh, you can play as the girl in Yokai Watch? The boy was marketed so heavily as the lead that I just figured there wasn't a choice.

This game is now on my radar.

Before anyone gets on my case about "You shouldn't care about something as small as the protagonist's gender," note that I am perfectly willing to play as a male character if the game itself interests me enough. A female character just goes a long way towards getting me interested in a game.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Or he DOES fall apart- the move is even stronger than Bowser's but the endlag is atrocious.
If the Down B doesn't have the power of a Reverse Warlock then it ain't worth it
Because if it was like the RWP I would totally just play Bowling Ball Bowser
COWABUNGA

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Oh, you can play as the girl in Yokai Watch? The boy was marketed so heavily as the lead that I just figured there wasn't a choice.

This game is now on my radar.

Before anyone gets on my case about "You shouldn't care about something as small as the protagonist's gender," note that I am perfectly willing to play as a male character if the game itself interests me enough. A female character just goes a long way towards getting me interested in a game.
But Parallel, everyone knows that girls can't have watches, that's ridiculous.
Anyways, yeah I agree. I always choose the female character when I have the option, unless it dictates what type of gameplay I get and I prefer what the male character gets to do.
Like in Tales of Symphonia, I like Sheena as a character but I'm still playing as Lloyd because DEMON FANG TEMPEST SWORD RAIN TIGER BLADE HYAAAA

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really don't care about MK characters as long as they are actual Mario characters
Why do the developers feel the need to put their OCs in the game?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
No you didn't.
Get back in there.
CROWN-CROWN awaits.

Y'know, Honey Queen ain't THAT bad
I still hate her guts for being in over Waluigi
But she ain't THAT bad
You know when she was first revealed I had forgotten about her due to her obscurity, so then I said, "Wait isn't that the character whose back you have to scratch in Super Mario Galaxy?" And was all like, "*****?" XD

(because being on topic is boring)

Im not the only person hyped for Overwatch. . .right?
Because they just showed off 3 new characters and finally gave us a price tag. (I believe a new map as well)

$40 for regular and $60 for a special edition with some skins
at least it's not full price >_>

Last edited:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Also I don't know if he's roster padding, he's popular and pretty different from Bowser visually.
The general shape of the model is the same as Bowser's, so they only need to swap the textures. I don't think they ever even bother giving him unique animations or effects.

And he was included alongside the ultimate roster padding characters, Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach, in MK8 DLC.

Chrono.

The general shape of the model is the same as Bowser's, so they only need to swap the textures. I don't think they ever even bother giving him unique animations or effects.

And he was included alongside the ultimate roster padding characters, Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach, in MK8 DLC.
Dry Bowser actually does have different voice clips and animations, same goes for Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach. (Granted, you'll only see the new animations when doing Tricks)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom