• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Dry Bowser actually does have different voice clips and animations, same goes for Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach. (Granted, you'll only see the new animations when doing Tricks)
His voice sounds more brash but that's the only difference in that area.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
The general shape of the model is the same as Bowser's, so they only need to swap the textures. I don't think they ever even bother giving him unique animations or effects.

And he was included alongside the ultimate roster padding characters, Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach, in MK8 DLC.
It's more than a texture swap though. He has transparency between his ribs because they modeled out his individual bones.

Granted, he probably still has the same skeleton (no pun intended) rigging him together, but he's definitely made of different stuff.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I like to say this

How is something off topic? What's on topic, Nintendo only games? Sugar Puddin pls.

We spend hours and pages and titles about Street Fighter game that's exclusive to the PS4, ******** about how much Konami is trash, talking about comics, anime, movies, anime, television, anime, leaks, anime
Oh did I mention anime.

There's no topic here, everything is off topic because this is a social thread. AKA the same threads where we watch fighting game tournaments that aren't always Smash like CEO and EVO.

There's no topic here and probably won't be for a while, just don't ****post.

The More You Know

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
It's really hard to type on a keyboard with those arm "thingies" flapping all the time...

Eh, that's fine. I slip up as well. :p
She prefers Link, if that's what you're implying...
Who said I was implying anything? :nervous:
Dry Bowser actually does have different voice clips and animations, same goes for Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach. (Granted, you'll only see the new animations when doing Tricks)
Tanooki's is a combination of Reused and New Clips
One of the voice clips played when getting hit is straight from Superstar Saga
And a bunch are from Double Dash
So he's a lot more optimistic

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I really don't care about MK characters as long as they are actual Mario characters
Why do the developers feel the need to put their OCs in the game?
I will forever question the misguided Nintendo dev that thought making Baby Rosalina was a good idea.

Pink Gold Peach is dumb, but Baby Rosalina legitimately frustrates me from how stupid of an inclusion it is.

Maybe it's just me, but seeing as Rosalina is basically a omnipresent, cosmic godmother-type character...I don't think she have a pointless baby form since it sorta devalues that.

Now what would have been cool if they added the child version of Rosalina from the storybook.

EDIT: I'm greatly exaggerating my anger for comedic purposes.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I will forever question the misguided Nintendo dev that thought making Baby Rosalina was a good idea.

Pink Gold Peach is dumb, but Baby Rosalina legitimately frustrates me from how stupid of an inclusion it is.

Maybe it's just me, but seeing as Rosalina is basically a omnipresent, cosmic godmother-type character...I don't think she have a pointless baby form since it sorta devalues that.

Now what would have been cool if they added the child version of Rosalina from the storybook.

I dunno, you'd think if anyone could appear as both a baby and adult at the same time it'd be a god...

She was a baby at some point as well

Chrono.

I'm a bit more bothered by the Koopalings than anyone else.

They're obviously better choices than PGP, Baby Rosa and half of the DLC characters but [shrug emote]

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I guess I'm not the only one who thinks negatively of "Shoehornsalina".
Ironic, considering she was one of my favorite Mario characters.

And what is this I'm hearing about the Falco Amiibo being exclusive to Blockbuster? In Mexico I might add?

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Well this was a cute little video.
The ending lol. XD

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I dug the crossover characters, and would've rather had them than the majority of the characters from Wii and 7 who didn't make it back (Bowser Jr, Diddy Kong, and Birdo being the only exceptions).

It's the clones that were a big disappointment to me. I don't have much of an issue with Dry Bowser, but Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach were horrendous. The only way they could've done worse is if it was more baby or metal characters.
I'm all for guests, but they're kind of only great if all the fundamentals are there to begin with. Having Link in Kart is really cool, but when you've got at least 3 staple characters absent it feels bitter sweet.

I'd liken it to them adding Sonic to Smash Bros. but not having Samus on.

redroses

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Marmalade
And I am just sitting here still waiting for that Pokemon Z version news. :,)

I mean seriously, the Z anime already started. They better make this Z version worth the wait.

D

Deleted member

How can you be off-topic on a Social thread?

Child Rosalina would actually be cool and more of an actual character
Same reason I like Dry Bowser, I don't have a problem with him because he was already a thing before

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
How can you be off-topic on a Social thread?

Child Rosalina would actually be cool and more of an actual character
Same reason I like Dry Bowser, I don't have a problem with him because he was already a thing before
The differences are actually more plentiful then you may think at first, Child Rosalina has red hair, a lack of crown, is (Obviously) shorter, and additionally has different attire.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 , have you ever wondered why Yo-Kai Watch isn't called "Ghost Watch" over here in the West?
Putting it simply, youkai aren't ghosts. The game is based on Japanese mythology. The concept of youkai and ghosts are completely different. Youkai are something so tied to Japan, there isn't any suitable translation for it. It's an aspect unique to Japanese culture.

Wikipedia has an article about youkai, so sit back and learn a bit of Japanese culture: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yōkai

By the way, I should add that there is a Japanese term for ghost: yuurei (幽霊). That said, some youkai do share similarities with ghosts in regards to characteristics or the fact they're associated with the supernatural.

Youkai are commonplace in Japanese fiction and plenty of Nintendo series are no strangers to the concept either. Tanooki Mario, the Keaton in The Legend of Zelda, several Pokémon such as (but definitely not limited to) Vulpix/Ninetails, Sneasel/Weavile or Zorua/Zoroark are all inspired by youkai.

Of course, plenty of anime and manga series also deal with them or use them as inspiration, especially those of the fantasy genre that deal with mythological and/or supernatural themes.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Meanwhile with Star Wars. Japan got a trailer with some new stuff.
Dat TIE Fighter shot... Oh and Wilhelm.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
"Why do they feel the need to put OC's on the roster?"

I know right, why not just remove everyone n the roster? Because, let's get technical, every Nintendo character is an OC.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think I can diagnose BluePikmi--er, I mean BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 --with extreme fanboyism. :4drmario:

That's no good. Fortunately, it seems plenty of users here already have the vaccine for it, so the chances of an epidemic are on the low side of the scale. :smirk:

Seriously now, it's getting to disturbing levels of obsessiveness. Nothing against fans of anything, but there's a line between being a fan and being obsessed with something.

Well, that's just me who is more reserved and somewhat cynical.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I think I can diagnose BluePikmi--er, I mean BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 --with extreme fanboyism. :4drmario:

That's no good. Fortunately, it seems plenty of users here already have the vaccine for it, so the chances of an epidemic are on the low side of the scale. :smirk:

Seriously now, it's getting to disturbing levels of obsessiveness. Nothing against fans of anything, but there's a line between being a fan and being obsessed with something.

Well considering my Twitter had Little Mac all over my profile during the month of February of 2014, I can say it's justified. Somewhat

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Eh, IMO, like what you like, nobody's stopping you. And plus I think it's exciting!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I thought about changing my username, but I decided not to since there aren't any good names out there that can replace "Flight" in all its glory.

That being said, welcome to the blue world, BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 .

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Plus my friend @BandanaWaddleDee puts Level 5 (Mostly Inazuma Eleven) stuff all over his profile, so if anything, Blu- I mean BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 is just showing hi- I mean "her" affection towards Yo-Kai, much like how Bandana shows his affection towards Level 5. (Plus "she" hasn't changed her Twitter yet)

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So I couldn't get Yo-Kai Watch today, however I plan on it soon.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

I'd be obsessed with the little details and acting like the other side of the internet if I was. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom