• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So I think I may've found some more proof of the Shovel Knight thing being fake, Sakurai originally considered Takumaru for the game but dropped him due to his unfamiliarity in the West, considering this alone, "What's a Shovel Knight?", I think you get where I'm going, not to mention another thing, YGC has stated on their Twitter several times that he's not in the game, and obviously if they were lying then that'd be negative publicity, not to mention I found absolutely no proof that states that their Twitter is an unreliable source, so they're probably telling the truth guys. Also when they said that there was no Amiibo, I believe the context was that there was no "Smash" Amiibo. So I believe that this thing may've just been the spawn of a miscommunication. So yeah, just wanted to share this with you guys.

Last edited:
So I think I may've found some more proof of the Shovel Knight thing being fake, Sakurai originally considered Takumaru for the game but dropped him due to his unfamiliarity in the West, considering this alone, "What's a Shovel Knight?", I think you get where I'm going, not to mention another thing, YGC has stated on their Twitter several times that he's not in the game, and obviously if they were lying then that'd be negative publicity, not to mention I found absolutely no proof that states that their Twitter is an unreliable source, so they're probably telling the truth guys. Also when they said that there was no Amiibo, I believe the context was that there was no "Smash" Amiibo. So I believe that this thing may've just been the spawn of a miscommunication. So yeah, just wanted to share this with you guys.
Didn't you specifically leave for a day to get the Shovel Knight leak out of your system? Yet you keep bringing it up. . .

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Didn't you specifically leave for a day to get the Shovel Knight leak out of your system? Yet you keep bringing it up. . .
I know, just wanted to get it completely out. And it finally is.

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Persona 5, FE Fates, Salt: the Game, Braverly Second, Final Fantasy XV, Star Ocean 5, SMTIV Final, Project X Zone 2 and more crap Tales of games
Oh...
I see...
HowDareYou.png

You're dead to me.

Not serious......but if your taste was a video game it'd be called: Tales of Butt Butt

Chrono.

Nintendo fans: *complain about Nintendo not marketing third parties*
Nintendo: *Pushes the crap out of YK*
Nintendo fans: *complain about YK*

Looking at tweets is a mistake.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Anybody know what happened to the Kingdom Hearts info from D23? There was supposed to be a trailer a couple of days ago. And the screenshots showed Toy Story! :c

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Oh...
I see...
View attachment 81515

You're dead to me.

Not serious......but if your taste was a video game it'd be called: Tales of Butt Butt
Well considering most people consider that the last good Tales of game was Vesperia and people kept saying how bad the games got, I'm just going by word of mouth. Especially considering I have a friend who's a massive Tales fan and she HATES Xilla and the sequel

D

Deleted member

And GameXplain, while warning about Xenoblade X spoilers, already spoiled with their videos' front images...

Are they daft ?

EDIT : I've been way too reactive, once again...

Last edited by a moderator:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Xenoblade X is looking very promising. The English voice acting has me positively impressed, even though it's always odd to hear a second dub, as I had the Japanese voices in mind. I wonder how many VAs from the original Xenoblade will return.

The mecha seem to control seamlessly, which is something I was curious about. They seem well-integrated into the gameplay, both battle and exploration.

The visuals are amazing. Flying over planet Mira with a mecha ought to be really great. Loving the level of freedom the game has.

Last but definitely not least, that glorious soundtrack. Sawano always delivers.

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Well considering most people consider that the last good Tales of game was Vesperia and people kept saying how bad the games got, I'm just going by word of mouth. Especially considering I have a friend who's a massive Tales fan and she HATES Xilla and the sequel

Afaik Xillia was loved and X2 was overall mediocre, though some adored it. Tales of Hearts was solid albeit a bit sappy. Tales of Graces....had a sorry story and great gameplay. I haven't looked up anything about Zesteria (I refuse to until I play it).

That said, it all comes down to opinion. I couldnt get into Vesperia. It felt too much like Abyss. I did watch my room mate play through it, though.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Timed quests are confirmed to not be in X btw, which is awesome. The framerate is also really stable apparently, which was one of my biggest issues with the original.

Anybody know what happened to the Kingdom Hearts info from D23? There was supposed to be a trailer a couple of days ago. And the screenshots showed Toy Story! :c
I haven't heard anything about Toy Story. >_>
The trailer was never given an official release date. A rumor was taken as fact. It will probably be seen very soon though.

>Talk of Tales games.

Should I try one and if so which one? my backlog isn't big enough

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

Ohhhh man, Carina Reeves is LITERALLY playing her Fiora. LIke she's not even trying to mask it. That's going to be so damn weird.

Also, Square-Stash lives on in legend.
Hard to tell what role you play in the party, but it seems like you're a support/commander type.

Anyone know whether it's like the original Xenoblade and your role is more or less set, or is there more customization in the 'class' department?

Timed quests are confirmed to not be in X btw, which is awesome. The framerate is also really stable apparently, which was one of my biggest issues with the original.
Very thankful for both of these things.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Zestiria is just a glitchy mess from what I've heard, I won't pick it up till it's like $20.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
"Oh hey, what's up?"
>Xenoblade X videos
>gamexplain
>spoilers

No, really, Gamexplain is really bad at handling spoilers with their thumbnails
Time to unsubscribe for now
As the guy who's usually the most uptight around here about spoilers (seriously, still so many un-spoiler'd Undertale spoilers floating around!!) I didn't feel like this particular video went too far. It was suitable for a gameplay trailer with a little bit of a shallow dive into some of the character interaction we can expect.

And I'm happy to see there are plenty of legitimately functional armor choices available

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Hard to tell what role you play in the party, but it seems like you're a support/commander type.

Anyone know whether it's like the original Xenoblade and your role is more or less set, or is there more customization in the 'class' department?
There are a bunch of different classes with different weapons and arts, and you can mix and match your character to be whatever you want him/her to be. Kinda like Robin in Awakening.

D

Deleted member

As the guy who's usually the most uptight around here about spoilers (seriously, still so many un-spoiler'd Undertale spoilers floating around!!) I didn't feel like this particular video went too far. It was suitable for a gameplay trailer with a little bit of a shallow dive into some of the character interaction we can expect.

And I'm happy to see there are plenty of legitimately functional armor choices available
Yeah, but it only gets worse from now on

And I'm still planning on going in as blind as I can so I have to avoid spoilers for a month now
Good thing I'm going to watch Star Wars on the release day...

D

Deleted member

What did they even spoil? The fact that Lyn and mechs exists because we already knew that since, ever.
This moment when you wait a game so much you attempt to avoid spoilers as much as you can, to the point to nearly become a paranoid...

D

Deleted member

So, in Yokai Watch you can scan people's face to get an Yokai and
Screenshot_2015-11-06-15-41-47-1.png

Don't ask why someone would scan these three, just roll with it

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Seems like Lin shares her voice actress with Edea Lee from Bravely Default. The voice sounded the same and it seems it is Cassandra Lee voicing her after I did research.

Good to see the main combat system is largely unchanged from Xenoblade. Same for the mid-battle quotes.

Lastly, it is a little different to have an Avatar character and you can choose your character's own actions during cutscenes. Reminds me of Zelda somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom