• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Burb talking about MK characters reminded that I was going to post this
View attachment 81491
So yeah, Dry Bowser and Bowser are different characters
Idk what game this is from but it's canon now
Well, in New Super Mario Bros DS, Bowser got turned into Dry Bowser, soo.......

Also, that screen is from Mario Party: Island Tour. Not sure that that is canon.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Everyone is looking too much into that Casual thing. That's Ryu's default fighting stance. Smash doesn't own it.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Naming things is hard in games.

I'm always indecisive on whether to give a character their official name or my name. Stuck on the Yo-kai watch character name screen.

D

Deleted member

Well, in New Super Mario Bros DS, Bowser got turned into Dry Bowser, soo.......

Also, that screen is from Mario Party: Island Tour. Not sure that that is canon.
It was all a magic trick! And you were the audience
I feel like it's been forever since I've posted in the NintenZone...

Hello again, boys and grills!
There are grills in this thread?
Great, because I could really eat something right now
Naming things is hard in games.

I'm always indecisive on whether to give a character their official name or my name. Stuck on the Yo-kai watch character name screen.
I believe many have this problem as well
Not only in whether or not naming the MC after you
But I can create stories and characters easily but I'm ****ed when I have to give them names
And then it ends in **** like half of my EO OCs
Or my Pokemom nicknames
Ugh...

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
I just name 'em all Lucas (mostly in reference to Mother 3, but also kinda DPP). I typically don't nickname my Pokémon, though; I'm horrible about coming up with good names on the spot, and don't bother to change them after the fact.

Last edited:

Soul.

I nicknamed a bunch of Pokémon stuff a while ago.

Nowadays in order to make progress I don't nickname Pokémon until after I beat a game or have a perfect (i.e 6 or 5 IV) Pokémon.
Still wish breeding was a lot easier than in Gen 6 despite being easy in that gen. Why can't I see the thing's IVs and its Hidden Power type from the get go?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Burb talking about MK characters reminded that I was going to post this
View attachment 81491
So yeah, Dry Bowser and Bowser are different characters
Idk what game this is from but it's canon now
That's from Mario Party Island Tour, which is non-canon.

As for Mario Kart 8 DLC, I like the guest characters but imo they feel like padding. I mean they didn't even bother to bring back the most requested character, which was Dry Bones. The other characters felt wasted too, instead of bringing in unique fun characters as DLC such as Kamak, Nabbit, and Dry Bones just to name a few, we got Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, and everyone's favorite totally not controversial character, Dry Bowser. I mean they may've well just brought back Honey Queen imo. Not to mention everybody wanted a better Battle Mode and instead we get another CC, which is fun but albeit a bit chaotic. Mario Kart 8 is still a great game, just dissapointing in so many areas.

Last edited:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I never used to nickname Pokemon (except for random ones I came up with like ABSOLutely the Absol in my first run through Ruby :p), but I did a themed nickname scheme for my team starting when I first played Pokemon XD and now it feels too impersonal and boring for me if I don't do something, so I always come up with some theme to base my character/rival/Pokemon names on. Typically all characters from a show or something, but I've also done stuff like song titles or just a blend of my favorite fictional characters (which is sort of what I'm doing right now as I replay Pearl).

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I never used to nickname Pokemon (except for random ones I came up with like ABSOLutely the Absol in my first run through Ruby :p)
Could I Axew a question?

When the moon hits the ice like a big pizza slice, that's Amaura.

I just got kicked in the crotch - boy, is my Venusaur.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I don't even know if MK8 will get a third DLC pack, as it's been so long since the last one, even though I remember them announcing one in an investor's meeting.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I don't even know if MK8 will get a third DLC pack, as it's been so long since the last one, even though I remember them announcing one in an investor's meeting.
Announced a 3rd DLC pack for Mario Kart 8? You need some proof before @Burb gets here :p

In all seriousness, they haven't announced a 3rd pack, and its really unlikely that we will get a 3rd pack, which is fine because we already got 16 extra tracks from the first 2 packs.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just name 'em all Lucas (mostly in reference to Mother 3, but also kinda DPP). I typically don't nickname my Pokémon, though; I'm horrible about coming up with good names on the spot, and don't bother to change them after the fact.
Well, I HAVE to nickname them if I'm playing a Nuzlocke
Which is 100% of my Pokemon playthroughs nowadays

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
They did that meeting BEFORE the second pack was released, though.
Not to mention, it doesnt outright confirm it either. If there was going to be more Mario Kart 8 DLC, we would have known by now.
My memory of it was vauge as I saw it a while ago. Still, if that's really it then it's a bit dissapointing.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
That's from Mario Party Island Tour, which is non-canon.

As for Mario Kart 8 DLC, I like the guest characters but imo they feel like padding. I mean they didn't even bother to bring back the most requested character, which was Dry Bones. The other characters felt wasted too, instead of bringing in unique fun characters as DLC such as Kamak, Nabbit, and Dry Bones just to name a few, we got Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, and everyone's favorite totally not controversial character, Dry Bowser. I mean they may've well just brought back Honey Queen imo. Not to mention everybody wanted a better Battle Mode and instead we get another CC, which is fun but albeit a bit chaotic. Mario Kart 8 is still a great game, just dissapointing in so many areas.
Everybody loves dry bowser.like I haven't seen any hate towards him in any game he's been in.Even ultra smash.Cat peach and tanooki Mario were way more hated than dry bowser probably the weakest part of Mk 8 dlc

D

Deleted member

My memory of it was vauge as I saw it a while ago. Still, if that's really it then it's a bit dissapointing.
Yeah, this doesn't confirm a third one, but it does mean they plan on supporting the games for a long time. Literally.

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Everybody loves dry bowser.like I haven't seen any hate towards him in any game he's been in.Even ultra smash.Cat peach and tanooki Mario were way more hated than dry bowser probably the weakest part of Mk 8 dlc
Actually, Dry Bowser is hated on because he's just Bowser, but undead, no other differences. This is also seen in NSMB on the DS, where Dry Bowser makes his first appearance, and he's shown to be Bowser's undead corpse.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I think if they really wanted, they could make Dry Bowser an alt for Bowser, at least then it'd make slightly more sense. (Also I think they should give Toad and Koopa Troopa some alts like they did with Yoshi and Shy Guy)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They covered her boobs with scales in the 3DS remake.
They've already destroyed your childhood memories D:
they did, like the great fairy's boobs aren't as pointy anymore. way to go nintendo not keeping her triangular cylinders in-tact. I will no longer grow up as a man and will remain a boy forever with realistic round breasts.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
they did, like the great fairy's boobs aren't as pointy anymore. way to go nintendo not keeping her triangular cylinders in-tact. I will no longer grow up as a man and will remain a boy forever with realistic round breasts.
Why do we not talk about breasts, there are women that visit this thread you know?

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Ohhhh man, Carina Reeves is LITERALLY playing her Fiora. LIke she's not even trying to mask it. That's going to be so damn weird.

Also, Square-Stash lives on in legend.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Some English footage of Xenoblade X finally
Wow @ that Ninja

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
It's interesting/surprising that the post-launch DLC support period of Hyrule Warriors has lasted longer and been more robust than Mario Kart 8's.

I mean, I'm totally okay with this as (possibly unpopular opinion), it's my preferred game of the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom