• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What I wouldn't mind is a Tom Nook clone of villager

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
So, in my two-week absence, has anything changed?

Is it generally agreed that 3 characters is prrrrobably going to the number we get?

Can PushDustIn taste why kids love cinnamon toast crunch?

Chrono.

Is it generally agreed that 3 characters is prrrrobably going to the number we get?

For now? Yeah 3 characters is the expected amount.

Nothing's really changed past that

D

Deleted member

I wonder what Toby Fox thinks of the way people are voicing his characters

Sans kind of having a laid back "dopey" sort of voice...kinda deep

And Papyrus basically being skeletor
The Grumps interpretation of their voices are canon to me and you can't change that!
Seriously, their Papyrus voice is so fitting

D

Deleted member

Kinda wish Smashboards had a selling section. Want to sell this eshop code for happy home designer. Haha.

I'd use ebay, but they'll like hold the money for weeks before accepting it in.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm grinding deaths to make temmie armor cheaper

Discovered Undyne says something if you don't block her shots

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
The undeniable truth of Smash roster discussion, is that whether you realize it or not, Ridley ties it all together.

Without Ridley in Smash speculation we lose half our reason to discuss anything. No one really knows what to talk about in a leak. Hell, look at what happens when Ridley is disconfirmed. People start thinking characters like Shantae should be/or have a chance in Smash Bros.
There has always been Smash requests for niche third-party characters with little chance even when Ridley was still around with a significant number oft people thinking said character has a decent chance. Remember Bayonetta and Lloyd requests during pre-Smash 4?

The only thing that changed now is that with the ballot, people ended up being more vocal for characters like Shantae and Shovel Knight because "Hey, they're letting us vote for any video game characters we want in the ballot and any character who has had an appearance on a Nintendo console is a viable choice...Hmmm... which characters to choose...Hey, I love Shantae/ Shovel Knight, it would be so freaking awesome to have them in Smash! BRB, also voting for Banjo!"

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So I'm making a Mario Maker stage where he fights a harem of anime girls.

I need to give the enemies classic cutesy quotes.

Anyone have any good sounding ones?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's very similar, the pose is the same... However, it's not the exact same render.

The headband is positioned slightly differently.

It's very likely it's an edited and whited-out version of Ryu's Smash render nonetheless. Not the first time something similar to this happens: the MGS4 Love Theme remix is also featured in MSG4, however labeled differently (omitting the Smash reference by calling it "Action Version" instead of "Smash Bros. Brawl Version").

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wow I wanted to see if Sans said anything different on a neutral run if you reset after he judges you

The first time he says "Take some time and think about what you've done"

The second time he says "You look bored, I guess you aren't going to learn something this way. I guess I have to judge you" Then says you suck at being evil

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

Not yet, I'm still in the middle of my research.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Anyone else trying National Novel Writing Month I got 10,000 words... and I'm stuck there.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
For all we know, SK was suppose to be the curveball (if it's true).I think we would have
Blown our collective minds. (like Ryu was suppose to be but at least with him it was the fault of a poor choice of breaking up a quote).

You know...if you keep saying it maybe some day it will be true. Id really want to see your proof of the SK rumor being more destructive than good. And as far as I can tell you are.literally.the.only.one.claiming.it.
What I meant was the crude comments of Tamaki's video, people getting into massive arguements over it and someone on the Wolf thread saying that if it's true Sakurai has lost all sanity, personaly I won't mind if Butt Butt gets in, I'll be incredibly confused but not mad or anything, but I really don't want this to be another :4darkpit: situation X 1000. People have not been taking this well, at all. :/

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
What I meant was the crude comments of Tamaki's video, people getting into massive arguements over it and someone on the Wolf thread saying that if it's true Sakurai has lost all sanity, personaly I won't mind if Butt Butt gets in, I'll be incredibly confused but not mad or anything, but I really don't want this to be another :4darkpit: situation.
I think no matter what, "there will be salt" (that was the comment we kept saying in the upcoming SourceCast! Hopefully the SourceCast #3 will be out Monday.
Just curious, what are you researching?
I'm never researching/working on just one thing :p.

Right now, I'm preparing the next post for SG "The Future of Smash is Characters" (2PM Est!). After that I'm working on my "TPP and Gaming" research. I'm revising some translations about hitstun in Smash, working on some collaboration projects that we haven't announced, setting up the internal site meeting for this weekend....lots of things! It's fun so I don't mind.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
It's possible to be salt with Dixie inclusion?
She is perfect.The only reason to hate her inclusion is because she would be chosen over K.Rool , but that's it

Everyone should love a character that uses bubblegum and spike you with a guitar.
I will say it again : Guitar spike!

Guitar spike would be the "Falcon Punch level of glorious" in a spike...
Ganon's Dair or Lucas Bair will become boring day 1.
I'm calling it.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It's possible to be salt with Dixie inclusion?
She is perfect.The only reason to hate her inclusion is because she would be chosen over K.Rool , but that's it
Quite frankly, any character will have salt with their inclusion. Whether it's popular or unpopular, there's a guaranteed amount of anger towards anyone. Dixie is no exception.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Quite frankly, any character will have salt with their inclusion. Whether it's popular or unpopular, there's a guaranteed amount of anger towards anyone. Dixie is no exception.
Any character will have salt, no matter what, let's look,

Wolf: Ugh, another veteran?
K. Rool: Too irrelevent!
Paper Mario: Another Mario character?
Inklings: Too new!
Waddle Dee: Ugh, a common enemy is suddenly a playable character?
Isaac: Another swordsman?
Chibi-Robo: He's a flop!
Dixie: Another Diddy semi-clone?
Daisy: TOO MANY MARIO CHARACTERS!!!
3rd party character: Another 3rd party character, where's muh NINTENDO?

Yeah, pretty much any character will have salt. (And as you can see these usually aren't the best critisims) I know there's more characters than these but you guys get the general idea.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I never really cared that much about battle mode in all honesty so it was no great loss to me.

Mario Kart has quite possibly the most frustrating DLC characters of any game I've ever played. They added 6 characters, and yet in a way didn't really add anyone.
I dug the crossover characters, and would've rather had them than the majority of the characters from Wii and 7 who didn't make it back (Bowser Jr, Diddy Kong, and Birdo being the only exceptions).

It's the clones that were a big disappointment to me. I don't have much of an issue with Dry Bowser, but Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach were horrendous. The only way they could've done worse is if it was more baby or metal characters.

D

Deleted member

Burb talking about MK characters reminded that I was going to post this
FB_IMG_1446064602958.jpg

So yeah, Dry Bowser and Bowser are different characters
Idk what game this is from but it's canon now

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Burb talking about MK characters reminded that I was going to post this
View attachment 81491
So yeah, Dry Bowser and Bowser are different characters
Idk what game this is from but it's canon now
Uh
WTF? That makes no sense.
My theory is alternate reality Bowser.
Alternatively, it really is a dead relative of Bowser who totally looks like him and they cast him as Undead Bowser since you know, all the Mario characters are actors.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
It took me a bit to figure out what you were on about, then I looked at Ryu
Indirectly implying Sm4sh is a 'casual' game...

Y'know... I really hope I'm reading too much into that, because if Capcom really is throwing shade at Nintendo, that's really ungrateful considering they're the only third party with two reps.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Indirectly implying Sm4sh is a 'casual' game...

Y'know... I really hope I'm reading too much into that, because if Capcom really is throwing shade at Nintendo, that's really ungrateful considering they're the only third party with two reps.
You've heard of overthinking and Pac-Man in the clouds now get ready for
conspiracy and shadow theories
Uh
WTF? That makes no sense.
My theory is alternate reality Bowser.
Alternatively, it really is a dead relative of Bowser who totally looks like him and they cast him as Undead Bowser since you know, all the Mario characters are actors.
I think a relative makes more sense than alternate realities and dead actors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom