• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Well jokes on you
The Binding of Isaac's page already showed me the aftermath
I thought it was just gonna be a pic of some cartoonish barely noticable baby thing.

I uh...I was pretty wrong alright. Good night boys

Soul.

None of the leaks stood out (and still don't) for me really; the only reason I was glad for the ESRB leak's existence was because we finally knew the base game's roster instead of waiting for release.

The rest were just... I didn't really care about them, especially if there's no video footage/real game screenshots.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Solfiner Solfiner , I'm so sorry I accidentally deleted one of your posts. My phone was bugging out and it clicked delete instead of reply.

EDIT: Its back now! Sorry!
Now I know how you really feel about me... :troll:

All joking aside, It's cool.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
1 hour till midnight YW release!
I've seen some weird stuff over the years.

NEVER have I seen ANYONE use childbirth to celebrate the release of something and it honestly creeps me out.

I mean, is there no other way to do so...? I mean, I never saw stuff like this when Mewtwo was announced or anything like that.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
1 hour till midnight YW release!
Disney XD?
Oh boy lets talk about all the lovely live action shows that Disney made for that channel while we wait for the YO... Kai rap.:awesome:
It's ALMOST like a baby/afterbirth is coming out of a woman's vagina or something

What is going on here? I'm bailing to my favorite page in the smash 64 social thread, http://smashboards.com/threads/soci...you-are-allowed-to-talk-about.216422/page-853.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just realized I'm still missing some songs in Smash 3DS/Wii U.

Since I'm downloading EVERY song from ALL 5 Smash games, I ain't letting this slide (my collection is already over 700 songs).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Just realized I'm still missing some songs in Smash 3DS/Wii U.

Since I'm downloading EVERY song from ALL 5 Smash games, I ain't letting this slide (my collection is already over 700 songs).
I'm missing about 2 and I can't for the life of me think what songs are left.

Found out some guy blocked me because I called them out on an obvious lie. lol
The joke naturally came up to me when I didn't want to use something other than hype trains or shaking intensifying gifs.
Wanted to do something different.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/246221-xenoblade-chronicles-x-disc-art
Different =\= good all the time

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Y'know what
I'm bored
Let's just quote Sakurai / Xander Mobus for the heck of it
"As for the price;
$YES.00."
~Masahiro Sakurai​
Disney XD?
Oh boy lets talk about all the lovely live action shows that Disney made for that channel while we wait for the YO... Kai rap.:awesome:

What is going on here? I'm bailing to my favorite page in the smash 64 social thread, http://smashboards.com/threads/soci...you-are-allowed-to-talk-about.216422/page-853.
*finds this*

I give it a 10/10
Accurate Smashboards simulator

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
But only the Exalted Falchion (ie, Chrom's) can heal. Lucina uses the Parallel Falchion.
The Parallel Falchion could heal too
It is also technically the Exalted Falchion seeing it has deals bonus damage to Grima
I do indeed heal my wielder.

On that last bit, if I recall correctly, Lucina's blade is the result of a partial awakening, which is why it has the same properties as Chrom's Exalted Falchion (healing, bonus damage) but is weaker.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Y'know what
I'm bored
Let's just quote Sakurai / Xander Mobus for the heck of it
"As for the price;
$YES.00."
~Masahiro Sakurai​

*finds this*

I give it a 10/10
Accurate Smashboards simulator
This gif cracks me up every time.:joyful:
The joke naturally came up to me when I didn't want to use something other than hype trains or shaking intensifying gifs.
Wanted to do something different.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/246221-xenoblade-chronicles-x-disc-art
I still can't believe we had to wait almost 3 years for the game to come out. Especially when Japan got it ages before us.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I'm not spoiler free regarding X sadly. People are butts. I do know that it has a lot of plottwists though, so it's gonna surprise.

I'd recommend doing all the affinity quests to people buying it btw, they are apparently what bring the most character development and world building (Kinda like H2H's in the first one but a lot more fleshed out.)

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
It's almost as if translating and localizing a massive JRPG takes time or something :p
I still find it funny how a group of fans are literally racing Nintendo to see who can get a translated version of FE:Fates into circulation
But considering how the Treehouse just LOVES taking their sweet-ass time translating things (WOOLLY WORLD AND PAPER JAM, LOOKING AT YOU TWO) the fans are probably gonna beat 'em to the punch

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I've seen some weird stuff over the years.

NEVER have I seen ANYONE use childbirth to celebrate the release of something and it honestly creeps me out.
Plus it leads to a more disturbing moment of hindsight when you think of everything before the release...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's almost as if translating and localizing a massive JRPG takes time or something :p
Speaking of localization with Xenoblade, I think it's hilarious how Fiora was originally going to give Shulk curry at the beginning of the first game, but because that's a misogynistic stereotype in Japan, they changed it to a sandwich. I think localization wasn't a thought of Monolith

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Speaking of localization with Xenoblade, I think it's hilarious how Fiora was originally going to give Shulk curry at the beginning of the first game, but because that's a misogynistic stereotype in Japan, they changed it to a sandwich. I think localization wasn't a thought of Monolith
So you're telling me Shulk was gonna eat Infinite Curry and not an Infinite Sandwich
I don't think I can come to these terms :4shulk:

Chrono.

I still find it funny how a group of fans are literally racing Nintendo to see who can get a translated version of FE:Fates into circulation
But considering how the Treehouse just LOVES taking their sweet-*** time translating things (WOOLLY WORLD AND PAPER JAM, LOOKING AT YOU TWO) the fans are probably gonna beat 'em to the punch
I seriously doubt Woolly World took that much time to translate, it's a platformer, I'm pretty sure they had it finished for a long time and just sat on it for a late year release (since October had like... nothing on the Wii U).

As for the fan translation... It means nothing, the fans have nothing else to translate and it's their only project. Meanwhile Treehouse has multiple, it's pretty obvious the fan patch will be out before the actual English release and I don't believe the sales for the official release will be affected anyway.

Paper Jam being on Spring is baffling tho

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Plus it leads to a more disturbing moment of hindsight when you think of everything before the release...
oh please no

substitute doll please substitute my short term memory with a blank void of nothing

"A cat who got hit by a truck."

You know, for kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom