• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
The undeniable truth of Smash roster discussion, is that whether you realize it or not, Ridley ties it all together.

Without Ridley in Smash speculation we lose half our reason to discuss anything. No one really knows what to talk about in a leak. Hell, look at what happens when Ridley is disconfirmed. People start thinking characters like Shantae should be/or have a chance in Smash Bros.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I finally figured how they decide the smash roster:

:troll:
But you know it's true

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
The undeniable truth of Smash roster discussion, is that whether you realize it or not, Ridley ties it all together.

Without Ridley in Smash speculation we lose half our reason to discuss anything. No one really knows what to talk about in a leak. Hell, look at what happens when Ridley is disconfirmed. People start thinking characters like Shantae should be/or have a chance in Smash Bros.
We actually havent discussed Ridley in length in quite a while now

Probably because Sakurai shot him down too....

Oh boy, cards! /s

Ill stick to my figures thank you :4mii:

Last edited:

Soul.

Collectible cards. Eh.
I can see them do fine, but... I don't really get their purpose. PS4 is already selling well and then they do this like I don't understand.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There was a problem fetching the tweet

This made me sad, at first glance I thought it said this week's Nintendo Direct, but it didn't....

Why You do this to me Nintendo?

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion

I wonder if Pichu is one of the more controversial characters? Would you agree @Awesomedude4444?
I wouldn't think so.Maybe back in the day but i dont see much pichu hate nowdays.Than again pichu is my most wanted vet so i could be biased.

Actually now im in the mood for pokemon.Anybody wanna have a battle?

Last edited by a moderator:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
There was a problem fetching the tweet

This made me sad, at first glance I thought it said this week's Nintendo Direct, but it didn't....

Why You do this to me Nintendo?
Edit: I am honest to God being a moron. What the hell was my brain doing?
Still, it's nice to see that the 3DS VC isn't quite dead yet.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
We actually havent discussed Ridley in length in quite a while now

Probably because Sakurai shot him down too....
That's exactly what I'm saying.

Discussion has died down as a whole due to Ridley being completely out.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
We Ridley have little to talk about other than characters that are Ridley minor in comparison to the Ridley popular choices, who Ridley tied speculation together.

Goes to show that we are Ridley desperate for news so that we can Ridley have something to speculate about.

It Ridley sucks.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I'm back

I'm parched. I need info. This is like that long stretch without TF2 updates before Gun Mettle.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Edit: I am honest to God being a moron. What the hell was my brain doing?
Still, it's nice to see that the 3DS VC isn't quite dead yet.
Strange.... Nintendo took down the tweet, I wonder why?
Lol they deleted this tweet.

Wonder why...
You literally just :4greninja: me.
GG GG

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I think Source Gaming has really affected speculation, mostly positive.

On one hand it got rid of some of the made up fan theories on how characters are selected so people were more likely to have accurate information. This makes speculation more likely to be accurate.

On the other hand because it got rid of some of the fan theories so there is almost less reason to argue as the arguments now tend to be:
A: "blah!"
B: "well no, Sakurai never said blah he said hah! Here's a source"

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Someone found an unused outfit in Triforce Heroes.

Edit: Oh wait is this old? :079:

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
That's exactly what I'm saying.

Discussion has died down as a whole due to Ridley being completely out.
I think its just the character thats in the moment. Most of our recent discussions have fallen under Shovel Knight, Inklings and Wolf, while Ridley was shoved in the corner. It just turns out that theres really nothing to talk about. If for some reason another leak or rumor that seems plausible has [Insert character here] then they will be talked about for a while. That character will be the center of attention and bring the discussions back.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I think Source Gaming has really affected speculation, mostly positive.

On one hand it got rid of some of the made up fan theories on how characters are selected so people were more likely to have accurate information. This makes speculation more likely to be accurate.

On the other hand because it got rid of some of the fan theories so there is almost less reason to argue as the arguments now tend to be:
A: "blah!"
B: "well no, Sakurai never said blah he said hah! Here's a source"
Still, I'd rather be able to have arguments have an ending rather than have it escalate into fire with everyone coming out with their hands dirty (which has happened more than it should).

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
So for those who care, there's a KOF XIV text leak going around that's been online for months. Reason it's gaining traction now is because of Chang, in any case, here's the list.
Rumored King of Fighters XIV Roster
  • China Team: 恶魇青年 (?), 糖葫芦 (Tung Fu Rue), 枕头少年 (?)
  • Japan Team: 草蕹京 (Kyo Kusanagi), 二阶堂红丸 (Benimaru Nikaido), 大门五郎 (Goro Daimon)
  • Fatal Fury Team: Terry Bogard, Andy Bogard, 东丈 (Joe Higashi)
  • Art of Fighting Team: 坂崎良 (Ryo Sakazaki), Robert Garcia, 坂崎百合 (Yuri Sakazaki)
  • K’ Team: K’, Maxima, Kula Diamond
  • Kim Team: 金家藩 (Kim Kaphwan), 他师父 (Kim’s Master), 他师母 (Kim’s Wife)
  • Criminal Team: 犯人陈 (Prisoner Chang Koehan), 犯人蔡 (Prisoner Choi Bounge), 新人囚犯 (Newcomer Prisoner)
  • Women Fighters Team: 不知火舞 (Mai Shiranui), King, Alice
  • Ikari Team: Ralf Jones, Clark Still, Leona Heidern
  • Psycho Soldier Team: Athena Asamiya, 椎拳崇 (Sie Kensou), 摸元斋 (Chin Gentsai)
  • Yagami Team: 八神庵 (Iori Yagami), Mature, Vice
  • Mexico Team: Ramon, Angel, Tizoc
  • Palace Wan Team: 脸谱女 (Acting Mask Girl), 电属性少女歌手 (Teenage Girl Singer with Electric Element), 神秘兜帽男 (Mysterious Hooded Man)
  • South Town Team: Geese Howard, Billy Kane, 营家新人 (?)
  • South America Team: 巴西忍者 (Brazilian Ninja), 残障拳击手 (Handicap Boxer), 拉丁美女 (Pretty Latin Girl)
  • Alternate World Team: 娜可露露 (Nakoruru), Love Heart, 龙娘 (Mui Mui)
  • Mid-boss: 俄罗斯富豪 (Russian Billionaire)
  • Final Boss: 人形态非人类物种 (Non-Human Species)
Source
Team Mexico is amazing

I would be happy to see Angel again

if Kof XIV looked better

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so on the jubject of the alt universes thing...i just want this new energy allow us to make gundams....because **** ya gundams

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Still, I'd rather be able to have arguments have an ending rather than have it escalate into fire with everyone coming out with their hands dirty (which has happened more than it should).
Pretty much. One of the frequent arguments throughout my time here I've seen were mostly with ESRB, Gemastu, Tower of Smash/Smash World, Ridley, Bayonetta, balance patches, Smash Ballot and just stupid theories.

The worst IMO is still Gemastu because not only it just forced down everyone's throat, but it wasn't even a leak but a rumor. Plus it didn't help that other character support threads had to deal with it and on other websites made me upset as hell because it put characters like :4palutena::4pacman:&:4shulk: in a poor light

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Last year we had to wait from June 10th to Nov 5th for a Direct. Our last direct was June 15th, and here we are at Nov 5th, meaning in 5 days we will surpass the the longest wait for a direct.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Last year we had to wait from June 10th to Nov 5th for a Direct. Our last direct was June 15th, and here we are at Nov 5th, meaning in 5 days we will surpass the the longest wait for a direct.
What if we got a Nintendo Direct... that all it was to announce the date for a new Nintendo Direct? :upsidedown:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I'll have mixed feelings when they announce the end of DLC.

I'll be sad to see speculation go, but I'll be happy as I can focus on covering the gaps of Smash history (my backlog of translations is pretty big) and even look at other games.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
PushDustIn PushDustIn , do you still believe the SK leak, and when do you think the deadline is, and do you think the damage will last long? (I really sound like publicity don't I?)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I do think we will see a direct next week, but it's a weird scenario right now. I wonder why they deleted the download tweet, I do think things will get interesting soon though.

Chrono.

Worst rumors were Tower of Smash and the Spainkiller thing imo (though I wasn't really around before hand, so I missed out on all the Gematsu craze and whatnot)

Also what's this about a Nintendo deleted tweet?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
PushDustIn PushDustIn , do you still believe the SK leak, and when do you think the deadline is, and do you think the damage will last long? (I really sound like publicity don't I?)
Honestly, your constant comments on how the rumor has severely affected the speculation community in a negative way gives the impression that you just don't want Shovel Knight in Smash. Granted, I'm with you on that (if that's the actually case, I'm taking a shot in the dark) but I really don't see how the SK rumor has negatively impacted us. I think for the most part Neo Zero, Tamaki and I have for handled the rumor pretty reasonably. I'd say Ridley was far, far more damaging than anything else.

I think the deadline for SK is this month or mid December. I think they will announce the last three characters this month/ early December and DLC will be over. The longer it goes without any of the 3 being announced the less likely I think having 4 isnt going to happen as they could be saving all of them for a release all at once.

Edit: the whole "I know something but I can't say" was more damaging than SK, IMO.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So... do you guys think the deleted tweet Nintendo made means anything at all?

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Worst rumors were Tower of Smash and the Spainkiller thing imo (though I wasn't really around before hand, so I missed out on all the Gematsu craze and whatnot)

Also what's this about a Nintendo deleted tweet?
Tower of Smash was bad because I think everyone wanted it to be real more than anything.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Honestly, your constant comments on how the rumor has severely affected the speculation community in a negative way gives the impression that you just don't want Shovel Knight in Smash. Granted, I'm with you on that (if that's the actually case, I'm taking a shot in the dark) but I really don't see how the SK rumor has negatively impacted us. I think for the most part Neo Zero, Tamaki and I have for handled the rumor pretty reasonably. I'd say Ridley was far, far more damaging than anything else.

I think the deadline for SK is this month or mid December. I think they will announce the last three characters this month/ early December and DLC will be over. The longer it goes without any of the 3 being announced the less likely I think having 4 isnt going to happen as they could be saving all of them for a release all at once.

Edit: the whole "I know something but I can't say" was more damaging than SK, IMO.
By damaging, I mean it's driven alot of people cluckers. And it's not that I don't like SK, I just think he needs to earn his stardom is all I think, build a bit of a reputation and whatnot. But I see that there are more leaks that have negatively impacted us, but wait a second, did you say mid-December?

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
So for those who care, there's a KOF XIV text leak going around that's been online for months. Reason it's gaining traction now is because of Chang, in any case, here's the list.
Rumored King of Fighters XIV Roster
  • China Team: 恶魇青年 (?), 糖葫芦 (Tung Fu Rue), 枕头少年 (?)
  • Japan Team: 草蕹京 (Kyo Kusanagi), 二阶堂红丸 (Benimaru Nikaido), 大门五郎 (Goro Daimon)
  • Fatal Fury Team: Terry Bogard, Andy Bogard, 东丈 (Joe Higashi)
  • Art of Fighting Team: 坂崎良 (Ryo Sakazaki), Robert Garcia, 坂崎百合 (Yuri Sakazaki)
  • K’ Team: K’, Maxima, Kula Diamond
  • Kim Team: 金家藩 (Kim Kaphwan), 他师父 (Kim’s Master), 他师母 (Kim’s Wife)
  • Criminal Team: 犯人陈 (Prisoner Chang Koehan), 犯人蔡 (Prisoner Choi Bounge), 新人囚犯 (Newcomer Prisoner)
  • Women Fighters Team: 不知火舞 (Mai Shiranui), King, Alice
  • Ikari Team: Ralf Jones, Clark Still, Leona Heidern
  • Psycho Soldier Team: Athena Asamiya, 椎拳崇 (Sie Kensou), 摸元斋 (Chin Gentsai)
  • Yagami Team: 八神庵 (Iori Yagami), Mature, Vice
  • Mexico Team: Ramon, Angel, Tizoc
  • Palace Wan Team: 脸谱女 (Acting Mask Girl), 电属性少女歌手 (Teenage Girl Singer with Electric Element), 神秘兜帽男 (Mysterious Hooded Man)
  • South Town Team: Geese Howard, Billy Kane, 营家新人 (?)
  • South America Team: 巴西忍者 (Brazilian Ninja), 残障拳击手 (Handicap Boxer), 拉丁美女 (Pretty Latin Girl)
  • Alternate World Team: 娜可露露 (Nakoruru), Love Heart, 龙娘 (Mui Mui)
  • Mid-boss: 俄罗斯富豪 (Russian Billionaire)
  • Final Boss: 人形态非人类物种 (Non-Human Species)
Source
Oh my god, yes, please give me Nakoruru. I need my Samurai Shodown main in my KOF.

D

Deleted member

Shovel Knight, damaging?

Nowhere near as damaging as the Gematsu leak. Which to this day still gets the occasional debate on whether it was simply outdated or just "lucky".

The fact we'll never get a straight answer only makes it worse.

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Shovel Knight, damaging?

Nowhere near as damaging as the Gematsu leak. Which to this day still gets the occasional debate on whether it was simply outdated or just "lucky".
Okay, you're right on that one, Shovel Knight is nowhere near as damaging as Gematsu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom