• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Eh... not gonna put any stock into this. Could just be misinformation, and plus, there was that whole fiasco on the amiibo website a few weeks ago...
I find that hard to believe.
I wouldn't trust this, they could be making it up and even if it did happen, it's gamestop employees they don't know much.
On one hand, I don't buy it.

On the other hand, that it's "compatible" could just unlock a Shovel Knight Mii costume :troll:
I'm not really putting too much stock into it. I just thought it was interesting :p. Who would really believe a GameStop employee (unless there are multiple sources from other GameStop chains, then it just gets suspicious from there)?

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Welp. Things are starting to get interesting now...
View attachment 81400

EDIT: Hey! I'm not pranked anymore! It was starting to get weird with the purple lettering :p.
On one hand, I don't buy it.

On the other hand, that it's "compatible" could just unlock a Shovel Knight Mii costume :troll:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
What I learned about politics is that stuff like TPP probably won't even pass and that we should all move to Mars

That plan is still in effect

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Hey Blue, is Yo Kai Watch considered a 2nd Party Nintendo IP like Pokemon or not?

I need final confirmation and you're my go to guy.

I'm so pumped for this game.

Aus don't get it for another month humph.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Already caught up with the news! It looks amazing and I wish I could visit Nintendo World to meet Akihiro Hino.
I haven't been to the store in awhile. I'd go, but I got a midterm.... That and I don't want to be stampeded by Yokai fans xD. The last event I went to, was their Nintendo power event( Finale I think). It was a madhouse! Fun though!

D

Deleted member

I'd say a good rule of thumb for any creator is simply don't use glitches. I was tempted, but knew there was a good chance they'd be patched. Honestly, Nintendo gave us so many tools and options, there's simply no reason to use any glitch or exploit. I feel they're cheap gimmicks used mostly by trolls. Creating fun and interesting levels that fully utilize the (legit) tools at our disposal is the true challenge.
This is more of a mechanics exploit than a glitch tho
It could be used to make a level that punishes the player for dying or something

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This is more of a mechanics exploit than a glitch tho
It could be used to make a level that punishes the player for dying or something
So what your saying, is, I can make a Dark Souls Mario Maker level? Maybe I could use that glitch....
*Insert Yo-kai Watch is third party comment*
*Insert But Level-5 and Nintendo are so close to each other, they make YW look like Nintendo's own IP, like Professor Layton*
Honestly I could see a Yokai rep next smash. To me, the game is like the W101 and smash, just 3rd party. Nintendo got involved in a fresh and innovative IP, however one of these while amazing didn't do well because of lack or promotion, however Yokai Watch has been heavily pushed and well received, so I could definitely see it being accepted into smash, since w101 got a decent amount of content for not being successful, but Yokai Watch's success will push it above other choices. ALthough, I still want Professor Layton, but a Level 5 rep is a good start...

D

Deleted member

Well, it's funny, because...

Butt Butt's Amiibo Concepts actually started on a Smash Base.
Strange, ain't it? :4sonic:
I doubt that means anything. While working on the early concepts, they could have used the Smash Amiibos as inspiration.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Welp. Things are starting to get interesting now...
View attachment 81400

EDIT: Hey! I'm not pranked anymore! It was starting to get weird with the purple lettering :p.
Gamestop employees are almost always wrong about this stuff sadly, I wouldn't use that as anything. I mean Nintendo themselves had Shovel Knight listed under Smash Compatible amiibos for a bit, but I wouldn't say gamestop would specifically classify it as a Smash amiibo.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Well, it's funny, because...

Butt Butt's Amiibo Concepts actually started on a Smash Base.
Strange, ain't it? :4sonic:
Well, here's the thing. Shovel Knight is a ballot character according to @Tama's source. The Ballot was first conceived in the first have of 2015 I believe while the Shovel Knight Amiibo talks were before that.

This means if the prototype Amiibo base linked to his inclusion in Smash, that means Shovel Knight was pre-ballot and chosen above a lot of other characters.

That's why I don't really see the Smash base as evidence. Plus they only had the Smash Amiibo line at the time, which means they could of only based the mock-up off of that.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'm going to be the black sheep of the group, I really hope the Shovel Knight leak is fake and I'm hoping that it'll fade as soon as possible, it's done enough damage to the community and I hope it's debunked soon. (No offense SK fans)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm going to be the black sheep of the group, I really hope the Shovel Knight leak is fake and I'm hoping that it'll fade as soon as possible, it's done enough damage to the community and I hope it's debunked soon. (No offense SK fans)
The only way this leak will truly start to die down, is if he isn't in the next batch of smash characters.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
The only way this leak will truly start to die down, is if he isn't in the next batch of smash characters.
It's done alot of damage to everything, I don't even think the ESRB leak was as damaging as this, am I correct on that one?

I don't think this makes you a black sheep. A lot of people wish this leak would just die and go away.
So apparently scientists found some potential evidence of a parallel universe.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/11/05/scientists-may-have-found-evidence-of-a-parallel-universe

Basically, it's possible we all could have evil twins.
Pretty sure i'm the evil twin.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It's done alot of damage to everything, I don't even think the ESRB leak was as damaging as this, am I correct on that one?
I'd say this is pretty close to being spot on. The ERSB was quick and damaging, everyone accepted it within the week basically, and just waited. With Shovel Knight, both sides have been arguing over why it should/shouldn't happen and if it's real or fake. It's lasted much longer and caused more issues imo.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I bet in the parallel universe, Donald Trump isn't being considered for president

and humans don't pollute their own planet

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I don't think this makes you a black sheep. A lot of people wish this leak would just die and go away.

Pretty sure i'm the evil twin.
In this case I believe I am because no one has really said anything. In the other case, I'm probably not.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Sadly, it seems to be the case.

I suggest reading this article by Kotaku as it gives a better explanation more than I could ever attempt to write. I suck at writing. :c

But yes, Mechs is BEST.
Hmmm, I only really care about partying with a few friends. I hope the 4p co-op stuff is plentiful though.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'd say this is pretty close to being spot on. The ERSB was quick and damaging, everyone accepted it within the week basically, and just waited. With Shovel Knight, both sides have been arguing over why it should/shouldn't happen and if it's real or fake. It's lasted much longer and caused more issues imo.
I think that I could see how the characters in that leak could be controversial, even if I myself didn't dislike any of them (Bowser Jr. was the only exception as I used to dislike him heavily, in fact when I saw him in the leak I shouted the longest "NO" that anybody could handle, but I got used to him so it wasn't really anything that bad actually considering how unique he was described, and one of my favorite Mario characters Ludwig (Second to Rosalina) was going to be an alt for him, so it wasn't that bad at all) Shovel Knight on the other hand is extreme levels of controversial, his level of controversy makes Dark Pit look like Mega Man imo.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I'm not getting X, Kotaku gave it a bad review. :troll:

For reference, they said that the original's combat was "Mashing A and B".

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Chrono.

So for those who care, there's a KOF XIV text leak going around that's been online for months. Reason it's gaining traction now is because of Chang, in any case, here's the list.
Rumored King of Fighters XIV Roster
  • China Team: 恶魇青年 (?), 糖葫芦 (Tung Fu Rue), 枕头少年 (?)
  • Japan Team: 草蕹京 (Kyo Kusanagi), 二阶堂红丸 (Benimaru Nikaido), 大门五郎 (Goro Daimon)
  • Fatal Fury Team: Terry Bogard, Andy Bogard, 东丈 (Joe Higashi)
  • Art of Fighting Team: 坂崎良 (Ryo Sakazaki), Robert Garcia, 坂崎百合 (Yuri Sakazaki)
  • K’ Team: K’, Maxima, Kula Diamond
  • Kim Team: 金家藩 (Kim Kaphwan), 他师父 (Kim’s Master), 他师母 (Kim’s Wife)
  • Criminal Team: 犯人陈 (Prisoner Chang Koehan), 犯人蔡 (Prisoner Choi Bounge), 新人囚犯 (Newcomer Prisoner)
  • Women Fighters Team: 不知火舞 (Mai Shiranui), King, Alice
  • Ikari Team: Ralf Jones, Clark Still, Leona Heidern
  • Psycho Soldier Team: Athena Asamiya, 椎拳崇 (Sie Kensou), 摸元斋 (Chin Gentsai)
  • Yagami Team: 八神庵 (Iori Yagami), Mature, Vice
  • Mexico Team: Ramon, Angel, Tizoc
  • Palace Wan Team: 脸谱女 (Acting Mask Girl), 电属性少女歌手 (Teenage Girl Singer with Electric Element), 神秘兜帽男 (Mysterious Hooded Man)
  • South Town Team: Geese Howard, Billy Kane, 营家新人 (?)
  • South America Team: 巴西忍者 (Brazilian Ninja), 残障拳击手 (Handicap Boxer), 拉丁美女 (Pretty Latin Girl)
  • Alternate World Team: 娜可露露 (Nakoruru), Love Heart, 龙娘 (Mui Mui)
  • Mid-boss: 俄罗斯富豪 (Russian Billionaire)
  • Final Boss: 人形态非人类物种 (Non-Human Species)
Source

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'm not getting X, Kotaku gave it a bad review. :troll:

For reference, they said that the original's combat was "Mashing A and B".
Famitsu gave it a bad review due to very minor things, I wouldn't listen to these critics imo. But that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom