• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Joining in on the fun...

Live-Action Movie

Punch Out. Perhaps as that of a comedic take on Rocky or fighting movies like it.

Live Action Tv-Show

I'd say either Fire Emblem or Zelda. Especially if you got someone like Peter Jackson or the guys behind Game of Thrones pulling the strings.

CGi Movie

Pikmin. It's short, simple, and has enough to bring excitement to the big screen.

CGi Tv-Show

Mario. Heck, after Pac-Man, Sonic, and presumably Mega Man coming back, I'm surprised Mario hasn't joined the bandwagon yet.

Traditional Cartoon Film

Counting anime within this category (and the one below), I'd say Metroid.

Traditional Cartoon Show

I for one would love to see a reboot of one of Nintendo's dead animes. Like the Kirby or F-Zero one. They had a lot going for them and hopefully someday we can see them again.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
IMPORTANT NOTICE: MARIO MAKER

I have just learned that every glitch has been patched, you can't become invincible through the spike door trick, invisible platforms are gone, yoshi can't eat blocks, and you can't walk through walls using the glitch anymore. If you have any stage that uses thee glitches, they have to be removed, as they are now un beatable.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I'm severely bored, so I've got a random question for y'all.

Is anybody getting OR not getting Xenoblade X? Why or why not?
I'll get it because I'd like a big, fat game to get lost in for a while, though I'm going to grumble about fanservice-y costumes. There have been times in Xenoblade where the lingerie/gimp suits they pass off as 'body protection' almost made me downgrade just to keep the characters looking decent... what I've seen so far of the next one may actually force me over that line.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I know, it was just my initial reaction :p
I went to wikipedia to confirm it afterwards
There is also apparently 6 OVAs(1 and 2 have 60 min and the rest have 35 min) I assume it was a first attempt to adapt the manga?
There were some OVAs, yeah.

The series actually started as a novel, which was adapted into two manga series, an OVA and an anime series.

The first manga and the OVA were done in the 90's, whereas the second manga and the anime series are far more recent: the manga started serializing earlier this decade and the anime aired throughout this year. The second manga adaptation has character designs and art done by Hiromu Arakawa, the author of Fullmetal Alchemist, which were also used on the anime series.

I watched the anime series, by the way.

Last edited:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Part 3 didn't do that
Part 3 of what?

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

I have just learned that every glitch has been patched, you can't become invincible through the spike door trick, invisible platforms are gone, yoshi can't eat blocks, and you can't walk through walls using the glitch anymore. If you have any stage that uses thee glitches, they have to be removed, as they are now un beatable.
I wonder what happens then if they've already been uploaded online? Unlike Smash, the entire concept of the game would be at risk if patches invalided pre-patch courses.

I really wish there was some sort of report system for that game sometimes.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
so i decided to take another shot at it. what do you guys think? my current smash amiibo collection!

My Smash Bros Amiibo collection so far, from the bottom row up:

1st row: Kirbster, Yoshster, Marister, Pikaster, Linkster, Didster, Luister, Peachsta, Samsta, Donkster, Foxster.

2nd row: Zelsta, Bowster, Falconster, Shulkster, Toonster, Sheiksta, Ikester, Megaster, Sonicster, Dededester, Pitster.

3rd row: Pacster, Nesster, Warister, Metaster, Charizster, Wii Fitsta, Marthster, Greninster, Jigglysta, Macster, Villaster.

4th row: Lucarster, Lucinsta, Robinster, Rosalinsta, Pittooster, Zerosta, Palutensta, Ganonster, Olister, Bowster Jr., Waster.

5th row: Gamester, Huntster, Robster, Brawlster, Gunsta, Swordster.

Well why don't you just take out my heart and stomp on it D:
I have never even seen this many amiibo in one place.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Part 3 of what?

I wonder what happens then if they've already been uploaded online? Unlike Smash, the entire concept of the game would be at risk if patches invalided pre-patch courses.

Jojo. Hell, Battle Tendency had more episodes than Phantom Blood too iirc

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That just gives me more reason to let them up :evil:
Not gonna lie, I consider this, but decided to be nice and take them down. Sucks though, because I liked my two courses that used them. Might revisit them and try to keep the fresh without the glitch.
Part 3 of what?

Nothing happens to the levels. How I found this out was because of that actually. I made on Course about a Castle in the Sky and it used the glitch all throughout. When I got notifications for it today, I decided to play it to see why no one was beating it. My invisible platforms had become regular blocks again, therefore it couldn't be beat. I checked my other glitch course that was uploaded and sure enough that glitch was gone to. Then I tested the other two glitches I knew about and they both didn't work. So basically the game gives no indication of this, and your levels will stay uploaded and become unbeatable if you don't take them down yourself. As you said, if they did this, it really needs a report system.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
It ain't? How limited is co-op? Although I had a feeling lol

The game still looks very cool regardless. The mechs is a real nice thing to see.
Sadly, it seems to be the case.

I suggest reading this article by Kotaku as it gives a better explanation more than I could ever attempt to write. I suck at writing. :c

But yes, Mechs is BEST.

D

Deleted member

Looks completely okay to me
Anf I thoughg Kamen Rider couldn't get any weirder...
The second manga adaptation has character designs and art done by Hiromu Arakawa, the author of Fullmetal Alchemist, which were also used on the anime series.

I watched the anime series, by the way.
Then I know I'll really like the designs if FMA is anything to go by :p
I like how none of them were fanservicey
Because most manga and anime have a tendency to do that
Though I believe that's a problem that mostly comes from male authors...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
TBH, Phantom Blood is pretty short compared to other parts of JoJo.

He really meant that certain FE eras have a lot of deep characters arcs and story elements that a short 5 episode mini-series can't do.

Although, I really do wanna see FE crossover with all the series and see characters team up and interact with each other but with much more feeling and animated as well.

Marth and Lucina fighting together, Seliph and Roy tag team, various different villains teaming up and even Mark and Robin going at it in odds with their strategies and tactics

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
TPP and leaks:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72766689
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/if-the...-extremely-detrimental-to-the-modern-state-of

If the TPP passes, merely revealing trade secrets becomes illegal (and worthy of criminal prosecution). This is nothing new at a first glance, but it doesn't specify who passes that information, so it could apply to third parties reporting information gotten from elsewhere rather than just who leaked info in the first place.

People like Tamaki, the Unseen64 and TCRF crews, dataminers and such could be prosecuted for what they do. Any sort of game mod also becomes illegal too.

@PushDustIn

Then I know I'll really like the designs if FMA is anything to go by :p
I like how none of them were fanservicey
Because most manga and anime have a tendency to do that
Though I believe that's a problem that mostly comes from male authors...
Arslan Senki hardly has any fanservice. In fact, it hardly has any of the tropes and clichés that are commonplace in modern anime, which does make it stand out.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Kenith Kenith
I'm really sorry if I made you feel like you had to take up time to write a long answer, but I do enjoy and agree with what you said (and with you others that answered that, I would reply properly more had it not taken 5 seconds for each letter I write to actually show up...), haha. Hell, this talk makes be super hyped since it seems Nintendo are seriously working on things like this. ~

D

Deleted member

But that's really because PB is really just
"Dio is evil, let's stop hi-- oh, he's dead, never min-- NO HE'S STILL ALIVE AND NOW WE'RE BOTH DEAD!"
Arslan Senki hardly has any fanservice. In fact, it hardly has any of the tropes and clichés that are commonplace in modern anime, which does make it stand out.
You're making it sound like perfection

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Anyone else disappointed they made the Mario World checkpoint another flag?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You're making it sound like perfection
Well, it is just about as good as Death Note, Code Geass, Fullmetal Alchemist (manga/Brotherhood) and Parasyte in regards to storytelling and character depth.

I don't have anything against anime tropes, by the way, though I believe there should exist a bigger sense of variety in the medium and creators shouldn't be always relying on them.

Some series do make interesting and more creative use of those tropes, after all.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Incredibly. Missed opportunity.
But thank bejeebus they are in the game at all.
No, you are not
But at least the flag looks good
This also reminds me, why can you put them diagonally?
Because they share the slot with the Arrow sign.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Before I saw the flag, I'd honestly assumed that checkpoints for all layouts would be a variation of the SMW ticker tape.

I guess the flag is more flexible, though. Perhaps it's for the best.

D

Deleted member

2 B edgy

He came from G.O.D AKA Government Of Darkness. KR's done some wierd ****, especially recently
GOD? Government of Darkness?
Jesus christ, it can get even edgier than Black Satan
Because it's a sad reminder that slopes have not becoming a thing yet. I think they're taunting us.
Or maybe it could be a tease! /wishfulthinking
Well, it is just about as good as Death Note, Code Geass, Fullmetal Alchemist (manga/Brotherhood) and Parasyte in regards to storytelling and character depth.

I don't have anything against anime tropes, by the way, though I believe there should exist a bigger sense of variety in the medium and creators shouldn't be always relying on them.

Some series do make interesting and more creative use of those tropes, after all.
I remember watching the first episode of Parasyte with my friends but I'll avoid adding it to my backlog

Some tropes are way overused, so it's always a nice change of pace
Though I don't mind much the usual anime tropes if it is still enjoyable(I love Zatch Bell despite Kyio being the literal embodiment of your usual anime protagonist) for whatever positive aspects it has
Probably because they share the Arrow's properties.
Incredibly. Missed opportunity.
But thank bejeebus they are in the game at all.

Because they share the slot with the Arrow sign.
Well, that is a reasonable explanation that makes sense
And that's why I dislike it >:^(

Last edited by a moderator:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
TPP and leaks:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72766689
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/if-the...-extremely-detrimental-to-the-modern-state-of

If the TPP passes, merely revealing trade secrets becomes illegal (and worthy of criminal prosecution). This is nothing new at a first glance, but it doesn't specify who passes that information, so it could apply to third parties reporting information gotten from elsewhere rather than just who leaked info in the first place.

People like Tamaki, the Unseen64 and TCRF crews, dataminers and such could be prosecuted for what they do. Any sort of game mod also becomes illegal too.
So... what's the problem here?

Soul.

If leaks were to no longer exist due to TPP, would that result in a weaker Smash speculation or...?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If leaks were to no longer exist due to TPP, would that result in a weaker Smash speculation or...?
It could go either way, I think it could help, but would also result in major speculation droughts at times, when there are no indications of info and characters become unpredictable.( although they already are)
"People like Tamaki, the Unseen64 and TCRF crews, dataminers and such could be prosecuted for what they do. Any sort of game mod also becomes illegal too."

I'd imagine not too many people would be happy with this part.
Would this mean any pokemon fangames made with RPG maker would be shut down?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom