• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
and now seeing as street fighter 5 is fresh in our minds its time for.......

LORE FIGHTER its like did you know gaming but with even less fact checking!

todays subject Black widow from saturday night slam masters 2 Ring of destruction
not only is she the samus of this game(revealing herself to be a woman only in her ending) she also is on record
the insperation of future street fighter character sakura she also stands as the tallest playable female in the expanded street fighter universe

and in not street fighter news for thoes that missed it the sprixie princess's trailer was released yesterday showed off a gimmick course(still the same stadium tho)

and finally after the mario maker update last night we know the date of the next 2 event courses
http://nintendoeverything.com/super-mario-maker-adding-mario-kun-on-friday-nekki-on-november-12/
I had to read this post three times to comprehend it properly.
But that's cool.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I'm already sad with my Wii U because Nintendo doesn't show nothing that looks like a good future for my console.

And then... Street "Look at me, I'm marvelous" Figther V.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I hope Mario Tennis gets some DLC... I'm really hesitant on buying it at the moment because it seems so barebones.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
im almost certain mario tennis will at the very least get 1 batch of dlc

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So, just for fun, if you could only choose one Nintendo franchise for each of these, what would it be?

Live-Action Movie
Live Action Tv-Show
CGi Movie
CGi Tv-Show
Traditional Cartoon Film
Traditional Cartoon Show

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I hope Mario Tennis doesn't get DLC.
I'm tired of the "release it now, finish it later" mentality publishers are under now, and I would hate Nintendo release a game like this (they've already done another gaming no-no with another Mario spin-off, day 1 DLC)

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
im almost certain mario tennis will at the very least get 1 batch of dlc
100% agree.

Mario Golf World Tour did, and that had the same amount of characters in their starter roster.

(Not to mention a much wider variety of conent)

(And it was a 3DS game)

Awks.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So, just for fun, if you could only choose one Nintendo franchise for each of these, what would it be?

Live-Action Movie
Live Action Tv-Show
CGi Movie
CGi Tv-Show
Traditional Cartoon Film
Traditional Cartoon Show
Live-Action Movie - F-Zero
Live Action Tv-Show - F-Zero
CGi Movie - F-Zero
CGi Tv-Show - F-Zero
Traditional Cartoon Film - F-Zero
Traditional Cartoon Show - F-Zero

You think I'm joking but F-Zero would work beautifully as all of these things.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion

Live-Action Movie
Live Action Tv-Show
CGi Movie
CGi Tv-Show
Traditional Cartoon Film
Traditional Cartoon Show
Live-Action Movie:Zelda
Live Action Tv-Show:F-Zero
CGi Movie:Mario
CGi Tv-Show:Kid Icarus
Traditional Cartoon Film: pikmin
Traditional Cartoon Show:Kirby

Last edited by a moderator:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Live-Action Movie
Live Action Tv-Show
CGi Movie
CGi Tv-Show
Traditional Cartoon Film
Traditional Cartoon Show
I think these would work best:

Live-Action Movie - Metroid
Live Action Tv-Show - Fire Emblem
CGi Movie - Xenoblade (it basically already was one)
CGi Tv-Show - Kirby
Traditional Cartoon Film - Star Fox
Traditional Cartoon Show - Donkey Kong

D

Deleted member

Xenoblade X, Yoshi, and Mario Tennis makes it a pretty decent holiday for me. As for next year, we have Zelda, Star Fox, and something else that was pretty good announcement but I forgot...

All in all I think Nintendo is doing great with Wii U releases these days. It wasn't like the first year where there was barely anything. As far as like PS4 and XBO, only stuff I'm really interested in is the Yu-Gi-Oh! game and SFV.

Needs more japones games.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The Wii U's holiday lineup doesn't interest me.

And the only two games I want right now, 3DS games to boot, come out next year.

Bleh.

D

Deleted member

Can you believe it, it's almost time for the Yo-Kai Watch release, if any of you guys plan on buying it, please quote me!
I'll check out Yokai after I play Omega Ruby. May be a bit, though, but I'm definitely interested in giving the series a shot in the future.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I've decided not to get a PS4 this year. It will give me a chance to get more acquainted with my current collection of PS3/Wii/Wii U/DS/3DS titles. My breaking point will be either No Man's Sky or Kingdom Hearts III, whichever comes out first, and I can find most of my backlog for an even more reasonable price by then. Alternatively, if the NX looks like it's going to solve all of my third party gaming needs, I might be saving some moolah.

It looks like (other than indies and downloadable titles) my remaining purchases for this year will be Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Devil's Third... and I'm thinking about

Yo-Kai Watch

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Can you believe it, it's almost time for the Yo-Kai Watch release, if any of you guys plan on buying it, please quote me!
do you have to ask if im getting it? if i cant day 1 ill be picking it up not too long after

D

Deleted member

Live-Action Movie
Live Action Tv-Show
CGi Movie
CGi Tv-Show
Traditional Cartoon Film
Traditional Cartoon Show
Metroid
I dunno
Pikmin
The Wonderful 101 pls
Earthbound
Smth smth Fire Emblem

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Xenoblade X is literally the only game I need for months. Can't wait for Zelda though.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Fan sounds like Bluster Kong in English and Heihachi in Japanese
Never have I thought someone could do both

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
You do realize it is supposed to be a popularity contest, right?
Ah. Sorry, I misread that. It's still morning over here and my brain is only half on right now. My point still stands, though.

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
How was the initial set of games / seeding determined for that contest? I mean, I like Galaxy 2, but I don't know if I'd say it's top 128 "of all time" material.

Also, nary a Kirby game on the list? :(

Last edited:

Chrono.

Goddamn, if story spoilers for SFV start to pop up I'm really gonna have to start avoiding them lol

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Goddamn, if story spoilers for SFV start to pop up I'm really gonna have to start avoiding them lol
Now you know how I feel when MKX was being released.

And I still haven't bought the game yet.

Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 are some of the most creative and ingenious video games ever created.
With Galaxy 2 being the greatest 3D Mario game and the 4th best Wii game (Behind Punch Out Wii, Xenoblade Chronicles and Tatsunoko vs Capcom).
That ain't bad

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
With Galaxy 2 being the greatest 3D Mario game and the 4th best Wii game (Behind Punch Out Wii, Xenoblade Chronicles and Tatsunoko vs Capcom).
That ain't bad
I would actually rank Super Mario Galaxy above SMG2 for these reasons:

- Rosalina and her backstory (she was a really great character before Nintendo totally changed her personality and put her in everything)

- The game feels more "galaxy", and it stands out more from other Mario games because it uses the unique gravity and motion mechanics way more. SMG2 uses a lot of conventions from the 2D Mario games and thus it stands out less (even if, on the whole it has more consistently well-made levels).

- The phenomenal orchestral soundtrack - it's not quite as common in SMG2 as it has a lot more songs that sound like they came from other Mario games, like Puzzle Plank Galaxy (and many songs pulled right from other Mario games, mainly SM64 and SMW)

So if I was ranking them for a list of greatest games and I could only pick one, I'd choose Galaxy.
Otherwise I'd have both (with Galaxy right above Galaxy 2).

Still, I can't emphasize enough how fantastic these games are. If you don't like anything about Super Mario Galaxy & 2, you are a hipster.

Last edited:

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
Mario Tennis will definitely get DLC, there's a reason why that game looks rushed and basic.

MK8 wasnt looking THAT good before the release and the DLC made it the best MK entry ever.

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
BTW, new Nintendo Direct 4chan leak:

Smash ballot results, 6 characters 3 available after the direct
More Wii eshop titles and virtual console games announced with discounts leading up to Christmas!
Twilight Princess HD is announced and will release in February as part of the 30th anniversary of Zelda
Zelda Wii U gets an official title but no gameplay is shown
Pikmin 4 is announced and will release sometime in Spring 2016
Star Fox Zero gets a new trailer and releases on February 26th!
New remaster series for 2016 announced for Wii U and 3DS including Super Mario Sunshine HD and F-Zero X 3D
Xenoblade Chronicles X trailer and demo after the direct w/pre-load
Details on Nintendo Account, Miitomo, and My Nintendo
Details on Super Mario Maker DLC
Fire Emblem Fatees trailer and release date of March 25th
Mario and Luigi Paper Jam trailer and release date
Hyrule Warriors Legends trailer and release date of April 22nd
Short tribute for Iwata is shown
Direct concludes with Splatoon DLC and new game modes.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
BTW, new Nintendo Direct 4chan leak:

Smash ballot results, 6 characters 3 available after the direct
More Wii eshop titles and virtual console games announced with discounts leading up to Christmas!
Twilight Princess HD is announced and will release in February as part of the 30th anniversary of Zelda
Zelda Wii U gets an official title but no gameplay is shown
Pikmin 4 is announced and will release sometime in Spring 2016
Star Fox Zero gets a new trailer and releases on February 26th!
New remaster series for 2016 announced for Wii U and 3DS including Super Mario Sunshine HD and F-Zero X 3D
Xenoblade Chronicles X trailer and demo after the direct w/pre-load
Details on Nintendo Account, Miitomo, and My Nintendo
Details on Super Mario Maker DLC
Fire Emblem Fatees trailer and release date of March 25th
Mario and Luigi Paper Jam trailer and release date
Hyrule Warriors Legends trailer and release date of April 22nd
Short tribute for Iwata is shown
Direct concludes with Splatoon DLC and new game modes.
You're a bit late, and it was proven fake by, among other things, Star Fox Zero's "release date" and Fates being misspelled.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Mario Tennis will definitely get DLC, there's a reason why that game looks rushed and basic.

MK8 wasnt looking THAT good before the release and the DLC made it the best MK entry ever.
Ehh. I thought MK8 look fun and great before DLC.

I would actually rank Super Mario Galaxy above SMG2 for these reasons:

- Rosalina and her backstory (she was a really great character before Nintendo totally changed her personality and put her in everything)

- The game feels more "galaxy", and it stands out more from other Mario games because it uses the unique gravity and motion mechanics way more. SMG2 uses a lot of conventions from the 2D Mario games and thus it stands out less (even if, on the whole it has more consistently well-made levels).

- The phenomenal orchestral soundtrack - it's not quite as common in SMG2 as it has a lot more songs that sound like they came from other Mario games, like Puzzle Plank Galaxy (and many songs pulled right from other Mario games, mainly SM64 and SMW)

So if I was ranking them for a list of greatest games and I could only pick one, I'd choose Galaxy.
Otherwise I'd have both (with Galaxy right above Galaxy 2).

Still, I can't emphasize enough how fantastic these games are. If you don't like anything about Super Mario Galaxy & 2, you are a hipster.
I understand why you would prefer it and Inlove those aspects of Galaxy but Galaxy 2 hits it home for me perfectly.

Stronger level design
Luigi not regulated into a NG+ mode, Yoshi, the great level gimmicks, just feels much bigger than the first game and Throwback Galaxy. The music is subjective and I like the powerups in Galaxy 1 moreso than Galaxy 2 but I just really enjoy Galaxy 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom