• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Heck, while we're at it, why K. Rool period? I mean, don't get me wrong I don't hate him, but apart from the baseball games he isn't exactly one for spin-offs.
...Unless this is only meant to be used as an excuse to say he's relevant, thus a shoe-in for a Smash 4 DLC rep. Which confuses me immensely.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Heck, while we're at it, why K. Rool period? I mean, don't get me wrong I don't hate him, but apart from the baseball games he isn't exactly one for spin-offs.
And even then, it was just the Wii game.

K. Rool keeps to DK-centric spin-offs otherwise.

I just spent a whole lot of time on a bad joke.
My life is in shambles :upsidedown:
Well I got to the front page of the Undertale reddit so I guess I didn't fail that hard :p
"You can now knock on doors"

So mario finally learned a lesson in etiquette. Took the guy long enough barging into pipes without being invited in . . .

Bananija

Count of Trickery
...Unless this is only meant to be used as an excuse to say he's relevant, thus a shoe-in for a Smash 4 DLC rep. Which confuses me immensely.
I guess it's for the 2 following reasons:

1. People want him to be more revelant again.
2. Since Diddy was is playable in a lot of Mario spin-offs, and that since DK is lacking a lot of Mario-type spin-offs (sport, board game,etc), people want more occasion to play as him.

But yeah, the idea probably mostly come from smash speculation. However, I do think K.Rool playable in Mario spin-off could be fun.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So...we're still on the subject of Mario Maker. Can I be shameless for a moment?

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
This is most likely 100% fake, but it's at least something to talk about lol.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

EDIT: Nevermind. It's already dead lol.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

And here I was about to nitpick the hell out of that very evidently not Spring month release date for Star Fox Zero.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion

6 smash characters.sunshine HD and F-Zero X HD,Pikmin 4.So fake but man star fox releases on my birthday so i hope that part is true

Last edited by a moderator:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

>Misspelled the word "Fates"
> F-Zero X 3D instead of GX HD
> Xenoblade X demo when the full game itself comes in a month
> Star Fox Zero "release date"

Yeah, that didn't last long.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
HALP!

THINGS GOT SPOOPY

D

Deleted member

Why don't you guys go with Gravatar for now? I mean, at least you get to have something.. right? *laughs*

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I noticed the avatar glitch earlier, I wonder what's causing it. And the MM update is good, that music level by the Japanese comedian is so trollish though. I unlocked more costumes and found some fun levels.
I have to try that fly minigame and see if I can unlock the fly fighter costume.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
So arcade games can run full speed on the New 3DS. Not sure about 3DS
Probably not. The old 3DS had trouble emulating SNES games. The New 3DS can emulate PS1 games. Much bigger difference in processing power than most people realize.

How come if you don't like me asking?
Well for one a few of her fans are . . quite confrontational sometimes >_>
-Many people want her to replace shiek.
-I see very little moveset potential after already Shiek. Seems like a waste to have another clone after having 2 already. I suppose it's hypocritical wanting Chrom but ehh. I've always been a hypocrite anyway
-Importance to the series heavily exaggerated
-not Midna

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Duncan Jones (director of the Warcraft movie) recently said the following in an interview. I never really thought about it, but I agree 100%.

What’s your feeling about fans picking out WarcraftandAssassin’s Creedas the two films that could break the videogame movie curse?
There are a couple of things. One thing I would say is that that stigma used to be attached to comic book movies too. It took a generation of filmmakers who loved and were raised on comic books to make movies that you actually cared about and felt something for. I think that’s absolutely the same with what’s going on with videogame movies. I am absolutely of the videogames generation, starting on the Atari and Commodore 64 and the Amiga. I’m a gamer at heart and always have been. I’m also a filmmaker. I think my sensibilities about storytelling and character just automatically come into play when I’m trying to work on any kind of narrative. For me, it doesn’t really matter what the source of the narrative is. I will be looking for ways to make it into an intriguing story with empathetic characters.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just got the Mario Maker update. The Arino KACHO (Chief Arino) costume is simply the best. LMAO

Would recommend watching Gamecenter CX with subs on Youtube. It's actually pretty entertaining and you get to learn about various hidden gems/weird Famicom titles and sometimes get to see interviews with developers such as Iwata, Sakurai, Tajiri, etc.

Retro Game Challenge (DS) is definitely on my list of games to pick up if I come across a copy.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So SF5 beta got a story mode update that has a tutorial along with a comic-esque story intro with Ryu and Ken in their classic outfits. Its pretty damn cool tbh.

Seriously, what is with the broken avatar thing? It seems like it's only affecting some premium members.
Avatars are too big I'd imagine.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Why would they add k rool before Diddy?Plus the clown car is part of jr's character since the NSMBW.Kinda his thing
Bowser jr: He said to be an agile fighter fighting on his own 2 feet. One day Mario gave him such a beating that it crippled jr. In order to heal, he stayed in the clown car, however due to him getting so accustomed to life in the clown car, he spent all his days in there. He plays base ball in it, Super Strikers, heck even Mario Kart. Jr has gotten lazy, but has not put on any extra weight, most likely due to one of Kamek's spells. (Though if he rides in his clown car while riding in a Mario kart, he'll be pathetically lazy).
HALP!

THINGS GOT SPOOPY
You don't mean Snoopy do you? He's too busy fighting the red baron, by the way Snoopy vs the Red baron is a pretty fun game.

Soul.

Probably not. The old 3DS had trouble emulating SNES games. The New 3DS can emulate PS1 games. Much bigger difference in processing power than most people realize.

There was a video of FFVII being emulated on both 3DS and New 3DS; the former was running at 5-8 fps and the latter around 11-16 fps on average. Of course it's an early build so things like this are to be expected.

Nevertheless I think homebrew's looking pretty good for 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom