• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
What is wrong with comic sans again?...
I think the hate generally stems from it being unappealing from a graphic design perspective and being used by a lot of people in professional situations without recognizing as such. Same goes for Papyrus, and probably some other widely used fonts.

Since the reasoning generally comes from graphic designers and I'm not sure how many graphic designers are actually out there decrying it, I think at this point it's probably so widely hated just because it became a sort of a meme to hate it.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Damn

3D World has been really good so far, I really like the Cat powerup too.
After 3D World, I'd recommend you try this game.

The Soundtrack is just too good and the level design is awesome.

It nearly surpassed Super Mario bros. 3 for me even though its still my favorite Mario game :p. It probably goes to Number 2 on my list.

Last edited:

Chrono.

After 3D World, I'd recommend you try this game.

The Soundtrack is just too good and the level design is awesome.

It nearly surpassed Super Mario bros. 3 for me even though its still my favorite Mario game :p. It probably goes to Number 2 on my list.
I need NSMBwii for that though...

Otherwise I would've tried it ages ago, it's been on my radar for awhile :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In Super Mario 3D World, when I found out the Tanooki leaf had an upgrade that acted like the old tanooki leaf, I was hoping the Boomerang suit also had an upgrade that acted like the hammer suit

I was disappointed a little

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
It's journalism. Aside from a few people who actually do their job(Sourcegaming of course), most journalism is just clickbait inaccurate garbage.
Can confirm. Working on an article about the TPP, and 90% of the content about it and video games is pretty inaccurate. I have the benefit of at least majoring in Political Science so I know how to read laws and treaties...but some of the things people are saying makes it sound like they get their political news from the Gawker.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Can confirm. Working on an article about the TPP, and 90% of the content about it and video games is pretty inaccurate. I have the benefit of at least majoring in Political Science so I know how to read laws and treaties...but some of the things people are saying makes it sound like they get their political news from the Gawker.
So will it effect the Video Game industry very hard like everyone else is saying, or is that misinformation?

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Do you think we'll see any more returning stages in Smash for DLC?

I just want Melee Mute City, Fountain of Dreams and Pokemon Stadium 1 back

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792

Definitely. DLC stages are "easy" cash, especially the Brawl/Melee ones.

Chrono.

Don't think so, I firmly believe all stages and characters that will come from now on will be new.

Game Grumps are taking the neutral route in Undertale, they'll be prepared to see creepy *** ****!
1. spoilers
2. they kind of have to >_>
3. Barry is better at this game than I am. . .
And i've beaten Genocide and finished neutral without using any healing items (which isn't saying much)

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion

Fourside,Fourside,Fourside,and lastly Fourside.Really if we dont get 1 melee stage as DLCthat would be a massive disappointment

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin

I have a feeling Fountain of Dreams might be coming back. It was the most talked about stage along with Pirate Ship and look what happened with that. So I still think it's definitely possible.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
So will it effect the Video Game industry very hard like everyone else is saying, or is that misinformation?
...find out November 10th, 2 PM!

We've been working extra hard lately so we can actually be ahead of our postings a little bit. Hopefully no more late night cramming for me (Late night chatting is still an issue :p)

If you haven't seen, today's post was "A Music to Smash to: Melee" by Wolfman_J. It blends the history of musical score in Melee with Wolfman_J's thoughts on it. It's very interesting to read and really easy to follow!
Okay, here's a list of the upcoming SG Articles.... They are posted everyday, at 2 PM EST. The order might change depending on if the articles are finished or not. Also if something major happens (Like a ND or new DLC is announced) then that will affect the posting schedule. Let me know which ones you are interested in the most!
11/5: Nintendo Dream Interview [Melee] Part 2 translation by Soma
11/6: The Future of Smash is Characters by PushDustIn PushDustIn
11/7: Top 15 SEGA-Characters for Smash Bros. by @Spazzy_D and @TheAnvil
11/8: Official Physical Attribute Chart for Smash 64 translation by Soma
11/9: SourceCast #3 -- "Endless Speculation" with special guest @NeoZero (@SmashChu, @Spazzy_D, @Aeris, PushDustIn PushDustIn also make an appearance. Arcaira is doing the sound, @gameonion makes the video. Podcasts are a huge production for us.)
11/10: TPP and Gaming by PushDustIn PushDustIn

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So I'm replaying Windwaker for the millionth time. Just as good as usual.

Soul.

If the Ballot page isn't available does that seriously mean they'll be announcing something soon.

Smashville on 3DS like I've said a million times.
The other stages are indifferent for me. Just want more "legal" stages on 3DS; Wii U can get whatever.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I'm 21.

Like I said.

Several times before.
21 is a multiple of 3, triangles have 3 sides.

Wait what are we even talking about?
Excuse me, but I'm going on a little trip to Enix Square, now where did i put my cursed swords.

...find out November 10th, 2 PM!

We've been working extra hard lately so we can actually be ahead of our postings a little bit. Hopefully no more late night cramming for me (Late night chatting is still an issue :p)

If you haven't seen, today's post was "A Music to Smash to: Melee" by Wolfman_J. It blends the history of musical score in Melee with Wolfman_J's thoughts on it. It's very interesting to read and really easy to follow!
Okay, here's a list of the upcoming SG Articles.... They are posted everyday, at 2 PM EST. The order might change depending on if the articles are finished or not. Also if something major happens (Like a ND or new DLC is announced) then that will affect the posting schedule. Let me know which ones you are interested in the most!
11/5: Nintendo Dream Interview [Melee] Part 2 translation by Soma
11/6: The Future of Smash is Characters by PushDustIn PushDustIn
11/7: Top 15 SEGA-Characters for Smash Bros. by @Spazzy_D and @TheAnvil
11/8: Official Physical Attribute Chart for Smash 64 translation by Soma
11/9: SourceCast #3 -- "Endless Speculation" with special guest @NeoZero (@SmashChu, @Spazzy_D, @Aeris, PushDustIn PushDustIn also make an appearance. Arcaira is doing the sound, @gameonion makes the video. Podcasts are a huge production for us.)
11/10: TPP and Gaming by PushDustIn PushDustIn
Oh goody more Source Gaming advertising:awesome: :smirk::dkmelee:.
inb4 only leaderboards.
They better have a multiplayer mode. A single player only Star Fox game in this day and age would be stupid.

I just spent a whole lot of time on a bad joke.
My life is in shambles :upsidedown:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Nintendo is getting smart with the data mining leaks.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Interesting row there.

This + the fly costume + the 3 promo costumes makes 5, so there's maybe 4 more yet to be found?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Nintendo is getting smart with the data mining leaks.
Holy crap Nintendo is finally catching on!
Maybe now we can get a DLC rep without being spoiled a month early (one can dream).

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
So Ninty have released all the unlockable Mario Tennis characters...

15 days before the game is even out.

Huh?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Even a random fly from Mario Bros made it into the game before Daisy.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Just 3 hours until I'm off work and trying out the update

Improving my stages

Even a random fly from Mario Bros made it into the game before Daisy.
Fighter fly is in? It was weird that he was missing

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
So Ninty have released all the unlockable Mario Tennis characters...

15 days before the game is even out.

Huh?
At least the Sprixie Princess' inclusion isn't as bad as the Honey Queen's was, Waluigi now comes to every meeting discussing characters for Mario spin off games to ensure that he's playable. Though why is Bowser Jr. still in the car? Did he get some kind of injury? Also where's Krool?

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
At least the Sprixie Princess' inclusion isn't as bad as the Honey Queen's was, Waluigi now comes to every meeting discussing characters for Mario spin off games to ensure that he's playable. Though why is Bowser Jr. still in the car? Did he get some kind of injury? Also where's Krool?
Why would they add k rool before Diddy?Plus the clown car is part of jr's character since the NSMBW.Kinda his thing

Bananija

Count of Trickery
The true question about Jr. is why is he keeping the boxing glove to play tennis? Can't he just replace them with actual hand or, I don't know, a racket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom