• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Mario Tennis will definitely get DLC, there's a reason why that game looks rushed and basic.

MK8 wasnt looking THAT good before the release and the DLC made it the best MK entry ever.
Aside from lacking modes (why no Options) and the roster, the rest of the game was pretty great even before DLC.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
MK8 wasnt looking THAT good before the release and the DLC made it the best MK entry ever.
The only issues with it were Battle Mode and the roster......neither of which were fixed through DLC (The crossover characters were neat, but none of the major omissions were brought back, and all the Mario characters who were DLC ended up being a second Bowser and fourth versions of Mario and Peach).

The game was great before DLC, and even better afterward, but it was by no means a bad game without it. The DLC didn't really do anything to fix the core game's problems, it just gave us more content.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
@MasterofMonster Because I genuinely like your question, I'll give you some actual answers this time.

Live-Action Movie
- Metroid
Live Action Tv-Show - F-Zero
CGi Movie - Super Mario Bros.
CGi Tv-Show - Pikmin or Splatoon
Traditional Cartoon Film - Fire Emblem
Traditional Cartoon Show - The Legend of Zelda

Particularly, a Metroid film would be amazing, especially if it took inspiration from Alien which the games are inspired by (though obviously a lot less, uh, horrific).

I feel like a live-action F-Zero show would be a really fun watch if done right. Though there would be a lot of CGI due to the crazy Falcon action and racing that would definitely take place.

Mario is the only Nintendo series I can see really working as a CGI film. There's not too many characters like Smash Bros., and there's a lot to work with for a comparatively simple and enjoyable plot.

I say Pikmin or Splatoon would both work equally well as a CGI cartoon. Splatoon already resembles a CGI cartoon more than a game and I could easily see it being a part of CN or Disney XD or something. Pikmin already has some CGI shorts and I hear they are really great.

A Fire Emblem anime film could also be pretty great, although I have no idea which game it would be based on?

The Legend of Zelda, in my opinion, simply has too many characters and deep lore to work with to be a film, it needs to be a whole TV series. I originally thought it would work best as CGI, but after thinking on it, a Zelda anime would be better...
...as long isn't a stereotypical modern anime plot.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'd assume either the newest game in the franchise or a new continuity.
That's the problem though, what if the newest game is not particularly popular? They'd be stuck with a film the fans wouldn't want to watch as much as a game based on Awakening, Shadow Dragon or PoR/RD.

As for a new canon, I guess that's fine, though either way it has problems, because if it's got a new cast, people will complain about the lack of characters from the games, and if it has characters from all over the series, people will complain about the mismatching of characters.

I think a movie based on Awakening would work best because it has [a person pretending to be] Marth and it's probably the most popular, though, if they did it, hopefully they shake up the story, as Awakening's left a lot to be desired...

Chrono.

I did not expect a Mario Kart-inspired level in 3D World.

That was a nice surprise.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Since everyone is doing it, I guess I might as well do it...

Live-action film: Metroid - One of the most realistic series out of Nintendo's franchises in terms of art style, so live-action would work fine. It's also sci-fi, which also lends well for a cinematic feature.
Live-action series: Metroid / F-Zero - Same reasoning for the above, plus F-Zero being themed around racing would work best in an episodic format.
CGI film: EarthBound - Art style lends well for this kind of animation. The trilogy could be adapted to a film trilogy.
CGI series: Pikmin - Again, art style. It lends best to an episodic format. It has also been kind of done...
Anime film/series: Xenoblade / Fire Emblem / Kid Icarus - Those three franchises would best fit as anime, be it as a series or a movie. Fire Emblem had a short-lived OVA as well as several manga adaptations, Kid Icarus: Uprising had promotional anime shorts and Xenosaga (from the same creators as Xenoblade) had an anime adaptation too.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
I'm severely bored, so I've got a random question for y'all.

Is anybody getting OR not getting Xenoblade X? Why or why not?

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Earthbound film with CG clay-like art would be amazing.

That reminds me that's what the new Peanuts movie is doing I think

Yep. Online multiplayer is one of the biggest reasons why. I've always wanted an online co-op JRPG game.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I definitely am.

Because Xenoblade has always interested me and while the first game kinda went away for me I'll be actually able to try this one out.

Also mechs

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
That's the problem though, what if the newest game is not particularly popular? They'd be stuck with a film the fans wouldn't want to watch as much as a game based on Awakening, Shadow Dragon or PoR/RD.

As for a new canon, I guess that's fine, though either way it has problems, because if it's got a new cast, people will complain about the lack of characters from the games, and if it has characters from all over the series, people will complain about the mismatching of characters.

I think a movie based on Awakening would work best because it has [a person pretending to be] Marth and it's probably the most popular, though, if they did it, hopefully they shake up the story, as Awakening's left a lot to be desired...
I would go the the JoJo route and make them separate series from the start and make them in small mini seasons with about 4-5 OVA episodes an era

• Shadow Dragon & Mystery of the Emblem
  • Genealogy of Holy War & Tharcia 776
  • Blazing Sword & Binding Blade
  • Path of Radiance & Radiant Dawn
  • Awakening
And make small little movies for Gaiden, Sacred Stones and Fates.

Have the more popular FE series get the episodes.

Or just make various short episodes with all games

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Fire Emblem could be a huge hit as a live action TV show in today's Game of Thrones obsessed atmosphere.

It has warring armies, political intrigue, insest..... it's almost too perfect of a fit, really.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I agree with the idea that an anime film series would be the best option for Fire Emblem. The story already works as an ongoing epic, and keeping it to one movie may force the story to restrict itself far too much in terms of the story, characters and world that it wants to build, so having it be a film series may give it more flexibility in terms of developing those aspects without feeling like they have to do it in a small amount of time.

D

Deleted member

Definitely! The original Xenoblade was one of my favorite games from the previous console generation and X looks like it won't disappoint.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Fire Emblem could be a huge hit as a live action TV show in today's Game of Thrones obsessed atmosphere.

It has warring armies, political intrigue, insence..... it's almost too perfect of a fit, really.
Upon reading this my mind went the opposite direction and now I'm picturing touching GoW characters' faces to bond with them.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
If anyone want to chat about the new One Piece chapter I'm trying to kick start a convo here:

TALKIES

Also, I'm thinking of making a One Piece group, let me know if that's something you'd be keen for. More of a small-ish kinda chapter discussion group.
I join!...once i catch up. I'm on chapter 665, so i've still got a ways to go, but i'm making progress!

D

Deleted member

I would go the the JoJo route and make them separate series from the start and make them in small mini seasons with about 4-5 OVA episodes an era

• Awakening

I agree with everything but one thing
SS should be its own full part
Because the world needs all the Valter, Amelia and Joshua it can get
Smth smth make Joshua's last name have "Jo" so I can call him Jojo

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I've recently watched the anime series Arslan Senki (or The Heroic Legend of Arslan) and it reminded me a lot of Fire Emblem in its story and themes.

After all, it's medieval-themed with fantasy elements, the protagonist is an inexperienced young prince who wants to retake his conquered kingdom, focuses on military and politics, has a significant cast of characters on both the protagonist and antagonist's sides.

It's pretty much how a Fire Emblem anime could end up being. Even without the FE comparisons, it's a good series on its own, so I recommend it anyway.

This series has also got a Warriors game by Koei Tecmo called Arslan: The Warriors of Legend, so you may have already heard of it somehow.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I agree with the idea that an anime film series would be the best option for Fire Emblem. The story already works as an ongoing epic, and keeping it to one movie may force the story to restrict itself far too much in terms of the story, characters and world that it wants to build, so having it be a film series may give it more flexibility in terms of developing those aspects without feeling like they have to do it in a small amount of time.
If a FE anime were handled like, say, Berserk(with less gore obvs), I would enjoy the hell out of it.

Also I can't help but hear this when I see your avatar.

D

Deleted member

I've recently watched the anime series Arslan Senki (or The Heroic Legend of Arslan) and it reminded me a lot of Fire Emblem in its story and themes.

After all, it's medieval-themed with fantasy elements, the protagonist is an inexperienced young prince who wants to retake his conquered kingdom, focuses on military and politics, has a significant cast of characters on both the protagonist and antagonist's sides.

It's pretty much how a Fire Emblem anime could end up being. Even without the FE comparisons, it's a good series on its own, so I recommend it anyway.

This series has also got a Warriors game by Koei Tecmo called Arslan: The Warriors of Legend, so you may have already heard of it somehow.
Ok, let me google it...

Damn, it screams Fire Emblem
And now I have yet another anime in my backlog
I need to watch at least one episode to make sure I won't forget about it
And I don't know if(what I assume is) the main character is a boy or a girl and you know how it rolls with me

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
And I'm surprised nobody mentioned this (maybe Opossum Opossum did but I didn't see it) but where's my Punch Out cartoon?

I want the Misadventures of Little Mac and Doc Lewis going through colorful characters of the Wii game and using the SPO roster for season 2. Plus some unique slapstick comedy with the boxers and more Ayran Ryan, Don Flamingco and Super Macho Man

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
The only issues with it were Battle Mode and the roster......neither of which were fixed through DLC (The crossover characters were neat, but none of the major omissions were brought back, and all the Mario characters who were DLC ended up being a second Bowser and fourth versions of Mario and Peach).

The game was great before DLC, and even better afterward, but it was by no means a bad game without it. The DLC didn't really do anything to fix the core game's problems, it just gave us more content.
I never really cared that much about battle mode in all honesty so it was no great loss to me.

Mario Kart has quite possibly the most frustrating DLC characters of any game I've ever played. They added 6 characters, and yet in a way didn't really add anyone.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
so i decided to take another shot at it. what do you guys think? my current smash amiibo collection!

My Smash Bros Amiibo collection so far, from the bottom row up:

1st row: Kirbster, Yoshster, Marister, Pikaster, Linkster, Didster, Luister, Peachsta, Samsta, Donkster, Foxster.

2nd row: Zelsta, Bowster, Falconster, Shulkster, Toonster, Sheiksta, Ikester, Megaster, Sonicster, Dededester, Pitster.

3rd row: Pacster, Nesster, Warister, Metaster, Charizster, Wii Fitsta, Marthster, Greninster, Jigglysta, Macster, Villaster.

4th row: Lucarster, Lucinsta, Robinster, Rosalinsta, Pittooster, Zerosta, Palutensta, Ganonster, Olister, Bowster Jr., Waster.

5th row: Gamester, Huntster, Robster, Brawlster, Gunsta, Swordster.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I never really cared that much about battle mode in all honesty so it was no great loss to me.

Mario Kart has quite possibly the most frustrating DLC characters of any game I've ever played. They added 6 characters, and yet in a way didn't really add anyone.
I can understand. Diddy and Bowser Jr not being in the game is a travesty IMO. They would have been awesome DLC fighters

Atleast :4link:, :4villager::4villagerf: and Isabelle were fun and the Yoshi colors. But it made me want Smash Kart to exist so badly

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Just give me an Earthbound or Metroid movie and Punch Out cartoon or anime. I will then get extremely excited if any of these happened.

Tbh, I'm expecting movies to happen, especially after the comment about Miyamoto talking about different ideas for them if it ever happened (In regards to Zelda and Pikmin). Hopefully it becomes a reality.

D

Deleted member

And I'm surprised nobody mentioned this (maybe Opossum Opossum did but I didn't see it) but where's my Punch Out cartoon?

I want the Misadventures of Little Mac and Doc Lewis going through colorful characters of the Wii game and using the SPO roster for season 2. Plus some unique slapstick comedy with the boxers and more Ayran Ryan, Don Flamingco and Super Macho Man
There is a parody of it
It's called One Punch Man :troll:

This reminds me, has anyone here seen OPM?
It's all over my news feed and I want to know if it's legitimately good

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I can understand. Diddy and Bowser Jr not being in the game is a travesty IMO. They would have been awesome DLC fighters

Atleast :4link:, :4villager::4villagerf: and Isabelle were fun and the Yoshi colors. But it made me want Smash Kart to exist so badly
Having Link is really cool in a way. But I always see guests as extras that are only good if all the fundamentals are in (which they weren't for MK8).

Yoshi colours and Shy Guy colours were really cool. Wish they'd done it for Toad and Koopa Troopa too.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ok, let me google it...

Damn, it screams Fire Emblem
And now I have yet another anime in my backlog
I need to watch at least one episode to make sure I won't forget about it
And I don't know if(what I assume is) the main character is a boy or a girl and you know how it rolls with me
The main character is the silver-haired guy on the front.

Yes, it's a guy. An effeminate-looking guy, but I did say the story was about a prince, not a princess. (Honestly, it's not surprising given it's an anime. lol)

And yep, it resembles Fire Emblem in many ways. The characters are just one of the many similarities.

It's a great anime nonetheless in regards to story and characters. Definitely one of the best anime I've watched, so I heavily recommend it. It's honestly one of those anime series that even someone not into it may like.

It will have a second season next year, by the way.

Last edited:

Chrono.

There is a parody of it
It's called One Punch Man :troll:

This reminds me, has anyone here seen OPM?
It's all over my news feed and I want to know if it's legitimately good
I read the manga, so going by that, yeah it's pretty good.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Cool! Just in case... You do realize it isn't a full-blown co-op game, right?
It ain't? How limited is co-op? Although I had a feeling lol

The game still looks very cool regardless. The mechs is a real nice thing to see.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's kind of funny, but the Fire Emblem OVA on VHS goes for around $25-30 these days. I know for a while now you could only find it on Ebay/Amazon for $60-70. LMAO

• Awakening

That sounds about right, but I'd give each game it's own amount of episodes to work with rather than a pre-set limit on each. Honestly only Fates I could see as being kept to a single movie, but that's really only upon a first glance.

Each series is a bit deeper than they'd appear, Tellius alone could probably be it's own separate series it's story is so deep, and many are feature multiple playable characters that radically change the story as you go along.

D

Deleted member

The main character is the silver-haired guy on the front.

Yes, it's a guy. An effeminate-looking guy, but I did say the story was about a prince, not a princess. (Honestly, it's not surprising given it's an anime. lol)

And yep, it resembles Fire Emblem in many ways. The characters are just one of the many similarities.

It's a great anime nonetheless in regards to story and characters. Definitely one of the best anime I've watched, so I heavily recommend it. It's honestly one of those anime series that even someone not into it may like.

It will have a second season next year, by the way.
I know, it was just my initial reaction :p
I went to wikipedia to confirm it afterwards
There is also apparently 6 OVAs(1 and 2 have 60 min and the rest have 35 min) I assume it was a first attempt to adapt the manga?
I read the manga, so going by that, yeah it's pretty good.
*has a thought*
"Don't do that"
*opens backlog*
"Don't do that!"
*doing intensifies*
"DON'T YOU DARE!"
*adds OPM to backlog*
"COME BACK HERE YOU LITTLE ******!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom