• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Okay, you're right on that one, Shovel Knight is nowhere near as damaging as Gematsu.
Or the Inklings rumor. Or the great Ridley debate. Or K Rool. Or Krystal in Brawl.

I only said mid December as I think we are really close to a breaking point with character announcements. We've been saying they will come any day now, and I think they kind of have to. Also with a Nintendo Direct being confirmed for this year I think mid December is the latest we would see it (before Xmas).

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
To me, it was either the Gematsu or Palutena leak. Mostly the latter, since it seemed like every day people would pull up the leak just to talk about how totally right it is. Though I'll admit the whole Shulk fisaco when Gematsu was still around was utter bullcrap.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
With all this talk of Shovel Knight I want to share this.
Shovel Knight has been getting a lot of love lately and nobody can deny that.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Or the Inklings rumor. Or the great Ridley debate. Or K Rool. Or Krystal in Brawl.

I only said mid December as I think we are really close to a breaking point with character announcements. We've been saying they will come any day now, and I think they kind of have to. Also with a Nintendo Direct being confirmed for this year I think mid December is the latest we would see it (before Xmas).
I suppose so. Granted I think that we'll get some sort of announcement in the coming weeks or next month, I have a feeling that the best time to have a direct though is before Black Friday, due to how they could sell things using that tactic, I'd say expect one close to then but I wouldn't want anybody to get their hopes up. Anyways these rumored characters have an odd trend, they're all from new franchises.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so street fighter 5 has a lot of love put into it as we can all see
just listen to r.mika cut 10 promos (one of which she botches)

got to say this is hilarious

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I wouldn't be surprised though if we got three characters now and six characters later, but that's just me. (I wouldn't expect too many characters though, so eight would be my limit.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Eh i dont know.Lets say the final 3 characters are wolf,shovel knight,and inklings.Wouldn't not be a bit idk boring for you guys. Like i really wanna see a curve ball.A daisy,a cloud,an andy,someone nobody is expecting.Like they did with Lucas

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Anyways, I say we ignore these rumors, even if they aren't that destructive, they've caused more harm then good, and I don't think anybody can deny that, so let's just drop the subject. And talk about something POSITIVE!!! :chuckle:

Chrono.

Eh i dont know.Lets say the final 3 characters are wolf,shovel knight,and inklings.Wouldn't not be a bit idk boring for you guys. Like i really wanna see a curve ball.A daisy,a cloud,an andy,someone nobody is expecting.Like they did with Lucas
Well Shovel Knight would've been a curveball had it not been for all these rumors.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
You know that "leak" you brought up with Tails, yeah, Tails would be a curveball, I would've never expected Tails.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If we only have 3 characters left, one of which being a character who should have been playable from the get go, I'm gonna be disappointed

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Look I don't care how many characters are left.

One of them better be Rayman or else I'm making a sandwich and eating it in anger.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
You know? Just imagine if Shovel Knight was never actually leaked (provided its true)? I wonder how the Smash Community would react to his inclusion (again, provided it's true) :p?

Last edited:
With all this talk of Shovel Knight I want to share this.
Shovel Knight has been getting a lot of love lately and nobody can deny that.
Oh hey another reason for me to be pissed if Indivisible doesn't get funded. I haven't even played SK

Looks so damn good.

EDIT was looking for examples for some Java code.

For some reason this was an example

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You know? Just imagine if Shovel Knight was never actually leaked (provided its true)? I wonder how the Smash Community would react to his inclusion (again, provided it's true) :p?
The same they reacted to the leak 'Of course, he was such an obvious choice!' or 'WHYYYYYYYY'

One of them better be Rayman or else I'm making a sandwich and eating it in anger.
I'm making a sandwich out of anger too if the DLC characters don't appeal to me. If they do then I make a sandwich out of joy

D

Deleted member

It would have been another WFT moment.
Only there actually would have been people that supported him ahead of time.

Chrono.

You know? Just imagine if Shovel Knight was never actually leaked (provided its true)? I wonder how the Smash Community would have reacted to his inclusion (again, provided it's true) :p?
Probably an internet version of The Pacers-Pistons Brawl (look it up).

In all seriousness there would've been loads of salt followed by acceptance.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Get that sandwich made

(Just poking fun)

It's fine, it's not like it is true

But for real, either way there's going to be overwhelming negative and positive receptions on many sides.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
At this point I don't even care about which DLC characters we get, I just want something new and fresh to look at.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Probably the same general reactions people had when Tamaki initially released the rumor, just, you know... much more vocal.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
For all we know, SK was suppose to be the curveball (if it's true).I think we would have
Blown our collective minds. (like Ryu was suppose to be but at least with him it was the fault of a poor choice of breaking up a quote).

Anyways, I say we ignore these rumors, even if they aren't that destructive, they've caused more harm then good, and I don't think anybody can deny that, so let's just drop the subject. And talk about something POSITIVE!!! :chuckle:
You know...if you keep saying it maybe some day it will be true. Id really want to see your proof of the SK rumor being more destructive than good. And as far as I can tell you are.literally.the.only.one.claiming.it.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Probably an internet version of The Pacers-Pistons Brawl (look it up).

In all seriousness there would've been loads of salt followed by acceptance.
*google searches it*
Yep. That's definitely the Smash Community lol. Except the coach is Masahiro Sakurai and the NBA players are the development team in my mind :p.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Can't reply to the person who expects more then 3 characters (they're on ignore) but..

Is there any chance of there being over 4 Ballot characters? I'm expecting just 3.

For all we know, SK was suppose to be the curveball (if it's true).I think we would have
Blown our collective minds. (like Ryu was suppose to be but at least with him it was the fault of a poor choice of breaking up a quote).

You know...if you keep saying it maybe some day it will be true. Id really want to see your proof of the SK rumor being more destructive than good. And as far as I can tell you are.literally.the.only.one.claiming.it.
Wait, which SK rumor, Tama's? Oh, dude, that is WAY more destructive than good. Did you not see the absolute uproar it caused? But correct me if I'm wrong please

But yeah, people say "LET'S GET POSITIVE" after every leak argument lol

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
so street fighter 5 has a lot of love put into it as we can all see
just listen to r.mika cut 10 promos (one of which she botches)

got to say this is hilarious
Yo
Mika
upload_2015-11-5_21-51-6.png

I don't think Hair is supposed to go directly through your skin like that
You should probably get that checked

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Solfiner Solfiner , I'm so sorry I accidentally deleted one of your posts. My phone was bugging out and it clicked delete instead of reply.

EDIT: Its back now! Sorry!

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Gonna buy all DLC so don't care who gets in.

But bonus points if someone I wanted.
Basically this is me
Except extra bonus points if it's a Character I hate
Because I get to have fun with 'em
"EY BROTAH"
"YOU'RE CROOZIN' FER A BROOZIN'"
They'd be so peeved
bgouwtch

D

Deleted member

...Why do you keep using child birth memes I mean,

I'm sure there must be some other way to portray excitement omg
.......I'd make a joke about a delay on the release being a stillbirth, but that'd probably be in bad taste.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
...Why do you keep using child birth memes I mean,

I'm sure there must be some other way to portray excitement omg
What do you mean? What's more fun than childbirth? :)
(I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm very sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom