• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Honestly, my only complaint with X so far is that I can't use the analog stick to move menu cursors. Unless there is an option for it I don't know about.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Am I the only one here who doesn't mind Palutena's default moveset? Granted, it's kind of bland, but I don't think it's such a big deal.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
She should take her pole dancing career further

Looks like a fun sport

Pole dancers have some amazing acrobatic skills

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Speaking of fanservice, Fire Emblem Fates has been confirmed to get a T rating.

Also, it looks like we got a couple VA confirmations over the past few months:

D.C. Douglas apparently will play Gunther and Llewellyn, Brianna Knickerbocker will play Sakura and Charlotte. Kaiji Tang has also said that he has a role in the game, and Matthew Mercer has hinted at it.[/spoilers]

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I don't even think the pole dance taunt is that lewd, technically. I mean, if you went to a strip club where the girls pole danced like Palutena does in Smash, I'd say you were ripped off.

It's just the intention is obvious and that makes it more cringey.
I personally didn't find the taunt to be that bad (I was expecting much worse),but it certainly makes me raise an eyebrow. It would of been a lot better if she was swinging on the her staff rather than what we have now

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Am I the only one here who doesn't mind Palutena's default moveset? Granted, it's kind of bland, but I don't think it's such a big deal.
I mean I can tolerate it now that it's here but it's just so glaring how every one of them is based on reacting to the opponent in such a blatant manner. And her reflect move is easily the worst of all of them in the game.

I personally didn't find the taunt to be that bad (I was expecting much worse),but it certainly makes me raise an eyebrow. It would of been a lot better if she was swinging on the her staff rather than what we have now
I just think it should have been this:

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
@PushDustIn

Is Palutena's character in Japan much different than her character in America?

Because it almost seems like a different character altogether outside of her voice lines.

Her lines still have that peppiness and sarcasm that we all love from her but her body language isn't anywhere close to that.

I'm wondering if she was supposed to be a more serious Ojou-sama instead of the light hearted goddess we love.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Speaking of fanservice, Fire Emblem Fates has been confirmed to get a T rating.

Also, it looks like we got a couple VA confirmations over the past few months:

D.C. Douglas apparently will play Gunther and Llewellyn, Brianna Knickerbocker will play Sakura and Charlotte. Kaiji Tang has also said that he has a role in the game, and Matthew Mercer has hinted at it.[/spoilers]
As for the last one, it's almost definitely because

Chrom appears in the first DLC Xenologue.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Honestly when I first started playing as Palutena when the game came out I didn't mind it that much and thought she was fun. But then Tournament Mode came along which included customs, giving me the first opportunity to mess around with her specials. That's where I realized how much better of a character she was with customs on, particularly with Lightweight and Superspeed, and I even prefer Jump Glide over Warp at this point too honestly.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh hey! Trauma Team is now on the North American Eshop!

I've heard great things about it.

Anyone played it?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
A lot of things regarding customs (including Miis) just hardly make any sense. Why make them so hard to unlock? Why do some low tiers like Ganondorf actually benefit from them while others like Jigglypuff and Zelda get jack squat? Why is Timber Counter a thing? Why would they go out of their way to make three different movesets for Miis and then just completely blacklist from With Anyone? Why are Miis and custom specials in general excluded from With Anyone and yet they’re included in Tourney Mode just fine? Why can Miis use their specials when customs are off while Palutena can’t?
Because Customs aren't balanced well at all aside from Miis. Lightweight Palutena makes her have momentum on her moves, something other characters DON'T have, BS custom moves like Heavy Skull Bash Pikachu, Rosalina's Side-B custom, Sheik with stun needles (something she doesn't need) and everything revolving around The Last Dongbender.

Customs can make other characters much better than what they were before like Ganondorf, Marth/Lucina, Wario, Charizard and especially Palutena but characters can also have the worst custom load out which gives less options and worst matchups (Jigglypuff, Mac, Zelda, Samus and Dr. Mario), high to top tier characters get even stronger with them like Sheik, Rosalina, ZSS, Luigi and Pikachu and none of the DLC fighters have any custom moves so their options are now limited.

Customs are overall jank and won't be stop being like that until Sakurai fully nerfs and buffs them like the other patch. It's just so polarizing plus it's mostly bias against them because my main can't do **** with any of his customs. It ain't fair man

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh hey! Trauma Team is now on the North American Eshop!

I've heard great things about it.

Anyone played it?
I played one of the Trauma Centre games on the DS.

I dunno if Trauma Team is much different but I liked it on the DS. Never got properly into it but that happens to me a lot. Start game, get distracted by something else, and never finish it.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Because Customs aren't balanced well at all aside from Miis. Lightweight Palutena makes her have momentum on her moves, something other characters DON'T have, BS custom moves like Heavy Skull Bash Pikachu, Rosalina's Side-B custom, Sheik with stun needles (something she doesn't need) and everything revolving around The Last Dongbender.

Customs can make other characters much better than what they were before like Ganondorf, Marth/Lucina, Wario, Charizard and especially Palutena but characters can also have the worst custom load out which gives less options and worst matchups (Jigglypuff, Mac, Zelda, Samus and Dr. Mario), high to top tier characters get even stronger with them like Sheik, Rosalina, ZSS, Luigi and Pikachu and none of the DLC fighters have any custom moves so their options are now limited.

Customs are overall jank and won't be stop being like that until Sakurai fully nerfs and buffs them like the other patch. It's just so polarizing plus it's mostly bias against them because my main can't do **** with any of his customs. It ain't fair man
What exactly do Luigi and ZSS have again? Most people agreed they didn't get that much out of customs, or at the very least, anything that makes them broken. .Also, all Lightweight does is increase her jumping and dashing speed. Super Speed is the custom that lets her conserve her momentum when jumping, if that's what you mean.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I find it odd that Palutena's defualt movest is defensive in a game like Smash. You'd think they'd change it up a bit.
It kind of makes sense. She's very much this weird anti-air zoning type of character.

For the record, I really like reflect, it's a fairly unique twist on reflective specials.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
She should take her pole dancing career further

Looks like a fun sport

Pole dancers have some amazing acrobatic skills
Sakurai: After finishing Smash Bros Wii U/3ds and NX completely with all DLC, I took a nice long break. I decided to look at what fans wanted me to do next. The top picks was something mature and another Kid Icarrus, so I combined the best of both!
And we know how you love spinoffs here at Nintendo, So now I present to you:
Kid Icarus Of Poles and Monsters!
Play as your favorite kid icarus characters in a brand new expierence! Try to own the most money in numerous pole based minigames! The person who becomes the best that they can be will become ruler of the heavens!

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
What exactly do Luigi and ZSS have again? Most people agreed they didn't get that much out of customs, or at the very least, anything that makes them broken. .Also, all Lightweight does is increase her jumping and dashing speed. Super Speed is the custom that lets her conserve her momentum when jumping, if that's what you mean.
Luigi has an Ice Ball and ZSS' Drop kick. The latter isn't bad but the former is crazy insane especially when Luigi relies on grabs for his gameplay

Chrono.

PS2 Classics trailer

They'll be more expensive on PS4 due to trophies, sharing and 1080p upscaling

Tbh this is a downgrade

Last edited:

Soul.

Luigi has an Ice Ball and ZSS' Drop kick. The latter isn't bad but the former is crazy insane especially when Luigi relies on grabs for his gameplay
I thought Iceball was situational and Luigi mains would rather have default Fireball tho

D

Deleted member

Some late replies
Okay, I just decided to start watching One-Punch Man. Watched the first two episodes.

I never expected to be this awesome, though the plot seems to be kinda lacking and seems to have a "monster of the week" formula.
Yaay, Frosty-sama watching some good anime

And I watched up until Episode 5 and it kinda looks like it will have some sort of plot but overall it has the "monster of the week" thing
@Zoroarking you arent the only EO fan
http://i.imgur.com/fYRVp6i.png

Too bad it's a disco room post lmao.
I wouldnt even know it was without you so that is nice :p
Link to this post? I want to save those pics :p

And what is a "disco room"?

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
Say what you will about their competitive viability, but customs have definitely made some of the Wii U challenges that I initially thought were pretty much impossible actually doable for me. People who want more of a challenge still have the option of trying to complete them with customs off, which I think is an okay compromise.

Aside from making custom sets for specific challenges, I mostly use them to experiment and play around a bit with a few characters. Adjusting fighters' stats with equipment for custom matches has also changed the way I play certain characters. I tend to use a lot of aerials as speedy Villager for example.

Edit: apparently, there are ways to do customs but no equipment tourneys now, I probably should try that out later.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
FE Fates confirmed to have the best voice cast ever.
According to my caustic critic binge watches, isn't Tim Curry needed for that?

JK, JK.

But I'm not very versed on voice actors. Who has this guy played other than these characters?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Decided to delete a bunch of data on my wii u to make room for the X loading time dlcs. Nothing I can't get back later. Besides, I'm getting a Hardrive for my wii u for christmas, so I'll have plenty of data then.

Chrono.

Say what you will about their competitive viability, but customs have definitely made some of the Wii U challenges that I initially thought were pretty much impossible actually doable for me. People who want more of a challenge still have the option of trying to complete them with customs off, which I think is an okay compromise.

Aside from making custom sets for specific challenges, I mostly use them to experiment and play around a bit with a few characters. Adjusting fighters' stats with equipment for custom matches has also changed the way I play certain characters. I tend to use a lot of aerials as speedy Villager for example.

I kind of wish certain equipment, or at least certain kinds of equipment, wasn't allowed in custom tourneys and tournaments though. Getting rekted by people with critical hit equipment isn't very fun...
Too bad getting customs itself is hell.

I really wish they would've added a Custom Move shop that worked like the Trophy Shop.

Indivisible's campaign will be finished in 9 hours.

It only managed the first stretch goal but at least we are getting the game.
They can still get more stretch goals. The donation page will stay open for a few months.

It's called "InDemand." It's dumb but I really want those voiceovers so i'll take it

Some late replies

Yaay, Frosty-sama watching some good anime

And I watched up until Episode 5 and it kinda looks like it will have some sort of plot but overall it has the "monster of the week" thing

Link to this post? I want to save those pics :p

And what is a "disco room"?
Disco Room is a premium only forum.
AKA you can't view it. :p
I will however give the pic
they deleted the other one so you have to go through them to get it if you want it :p

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei The trauma center, that's the wii one right?
If so, I've watch my brother play through 1 and 2 a few years back. They are pretty good, you need to be super steady and accurate, so if you can't keep your cool/patience in a task in it, you could get annoyed fast. But if you are alright with it, it's a good game imo. Challenging though. Don't remember much about the plot though if that matters.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
PS2 Classics trailer

They'll be more expensive on PS4 due to trophies, sharing and 1080p upscaling

Tbh this is a downgrade
This seems relevant then:
This account is another good one.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
According to my caustic critic binge watches, isn't Tim Curry needed for that?

JK, JK.

But I'm not very versed on voice actors. Who has this guy played other than these characters?

See this guy? Albert Wesker?

Yes, this guy.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
People are talking about PSN? Well let me rant for a tiny bit.

No matter what I do my PS3 refuses to connect to my new Internet. Not a single video or forum post has helped me in the slightest.

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
Too bad getting customs itself is hell.

I really wish they would've added a Custom Move shop that worked like the Trophy Shop.
Oh yeah, a Custom Move shop would've been great. That and not letting you get duplicate custom moves. I can sort of understand having duplicate equipment since different equipment has different stats, but allowing you to get duplicate custom moves doesn't seem to do a whole lot aside from just making it harder to get your hands on all of the custom moves. I don't really see the point in that.

Having custom moves and equipment be separate icons (rather than both being under the wrench) might also help things by making it easier to search for the customs that you're missing.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I kind of wish certain equipment, or at least certain kinds of equipment, wasn't allowed in custom tourneys and tournaments though. Getting rekted by people with critical hit equipment isn't very fun...
I'd like to point out, the Mario Maker update added "Custom Specials" brackets in Tourney Mode that allow for custom moves but disallow all equipment. Try playing those.

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to point out, the Mario Maker update added "Custom Specials" brackets in Tourney Mode that allow for custom moves but disallow all equipment. Try playing those.
It did? That's cool. I had no idea. I guess I haven't played Tourney Mode in a while. Thanks for pointing that out.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Dude, Tourney Mode is my favorite mode in Mario Maker. Glad they added it. :awesome:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
1) "Mario Maker"
2) WHY DON'T WE TAKE THIS MODE
AND PUSH IT TO FOR GLORY :4pacman:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm on my way to get Yokai... I'm so pumped!!

I might get Xenoblade too but I have no time to play console games atm unfortunately.

Chrono.

Mario Maker sure changed a lot last I played it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom