• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Wasn't Josh like really pissed when Cloud was revealed for Smash or was that still tied to him being upset over being blacklisted?
Might be both, but remember Josh was the one who made the video a while back on worst character choices for Smash DLC and one of them was ""anime"" characters.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
What a dumb mentality to have. Sakurai's anti-competitive one that is.

It's not like having a competitive aspect precludes still being able to have a huge casual audience, Smash itself being a prime example. Including a deeper element not everyone is aware of doesn't mitigate the fun of the more surface qualities of Smash. Even if it was formed unintentionally, refusing to foster a dedicated, loyal, and passionate subset of the fanbase simply because it conflicts with an ideology of "how" to enjoy the game treads precariously close to anti-consumerism. And that's coming from someone who doesn't consider herself a "competitive Smasher".

Thankfully Nintendo does seem to be embracing the competitive community more these days.
Only Nintendo of America.
I don't think Nintendo of Japan could care less about competitive Smash.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Half my team in Yokai watch are little girls

The other half are anthros

What is wrong with me!?!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd take anime-looking characters in Smash over realistic looking characters in Smash any day of the week honestly.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd take anime-looking characters in Smash over realistic looking characters in Smash any day of the week honestly.
Are you not a snake fan?

Or do you find him on the anime side

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'd take anime-looking characters in Smash over realistic looking characters in Smash any day of the week.
Honestly, if we ever got a realistic looking character (and imo, Cloud looks way more "realistic" than "anime") they would probably be made to look less realistic to fit in with the rest.
Jill (who you might be indirectly referring to) has already had this treatment several times, for example.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Honestly, if we ever got a realistic looking character (and imo, Cloud looks way more "realistic" than "anime") they would probably be made to look less realistic to fit in with the rest.
Jill (who you might be indirectly referring to) has already had this treatment several times, for example.
Well, he certainly didn't in the 90's

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Only Nintendo of America.
I don't think Nintendo of Japan could care less about competitive Smash.
NoJ doesn't care but Competitive Smash is different over there than here. It's one of the reasons why FG mode is always in Final Destination mode because all they play on is FD in any Smash game sans 64.

They would actually try to experiment with characters and are destructive with those characters, problem is that the West will still beat them because how seriously we take Smash over here.

Might be both, but remember Josh was the one who made the video a while back on worst character choices for Smash DLC and one of them was ""anime"" characters.
Oh right.
That one

Amen sister

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You people liked my 3DS being broken post.

Well **** you too. T.T

Anyone know a way to fix it?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Well **** you too. T.T

I liked it in the "I acknowledge that this sucks since I've been there" kind of way. :p

In all honesty, I'm not sure. It sounds like you busted the actual sliding mechanism, which I have no clue how to go about fixing.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Well **** you too. T.T

Do you still have it under warranty?

I don't know how that works without club nintendo but in the old days if it was registered you could just send it in for free

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
hope for isaac then? :)
...are you asking me if I hope for Isaac?

Uh, yes, I do. >_>

Are you not a snake fan?

Or do you find him on the anime side
Honestly I'm not a huge fan of Snake (though since Cloud I have wished his return as opposed to being apathetic towards it), but he and his series have enough ridiculous, unrealistic aspects to them that it's not a huge clash imo.

What I always found to be the part that stuck out in a much more ugly fashion was the general idea of a Sony-predominant character in a Nintendo-oriented crossover. But I guess I don't really have that complaint anymore haha. ^_^;

and imo, Cloud looks way more "realistic" than "anime"
You see his hair? You see his sword? You see his face? You see his ANGST?

****s straight out of an anime lmao

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I've had it for two years, guys.

Cloud is the anime swordsman (hate the term anime but whatever). He defined being an anime character for years to come.

If Cloud isn't one, no one is.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I still can't help but childishly giggle at that name...
Spastic penis is a very serious condition and it should not be made fun of.

Doesn't ring a bell...

On a serious note, are you ever going to change your handle? You've been talking about it for months!
Soon, been discussing it a lot lately. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to transition, keep the 8-bit moniker, and not confuse people that know me as Spazzy.

D

Deleted member

I've had it for two years, guys.
Still, send it to Nintendo. You'll have to pay for the repairs, but it is the only option I see outside of just living with no working volume slider.

Last edited by a moderator:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I don't understand how N3ON N3ON can not want realistic characters in Smash Bros. when she's clearly a supporter of Banjo-Kazooie.
I mean, **** it's a real bear.
Aka what Banjo threeie is gonna look like in Microsoft's hands. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Half my team in Yokai watch are little girls

The other half are anthros

What is wrong with me!?!
Eehhhh, things could be worse.... You could be a complete weirdo than me and do stupid things like this daily. :p
I'm so sorry in advance.....

Well **** you too. T.T

Because, I know that feel. My 3DS last year broke just by sitting there in my backpack. :p To this day I have no idea what happened, and it annoys me, thus I had to get a new one.
Thus I'm the worst person to give advice.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I think he's referring to the image "spam". Which is odd as I only made one joke post...
Anyways, who has been playing Rivals of Aether's Early Access? I want to play it but I don't have it yet, mainly because my computer broke down.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Might be a bit of a random thought, but seeing the Luigi's Mansion Arcade machine got me thinking...

...A Zelda game similar to Link's Crossbow Training (or even a full on port) would work really well in arcades, I think. I mean, it's The Legend of Zelda so people playing it really shouldn't be an issue. I'd say it'd be worth a go.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Might be a bit of a random thought, but seeing the Luigi's Mansion Arcade machine got me thinking...

...A Zelda game similar to Link's Crossbow Training (or even a full on port) would work really well in arcades, I think. I mean, it's The Legend of Zelda so people playing it really shouldn't be an issue. I'd say it'd be worth a go.
I wish arcades were still a thing...especially where I live there are basically no arcades anymore.
That would be fun, but instead of a port, they should make a new game so they can add Linkle. :)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wish arcades were still a thing...especially where I live there are basically no arcades anymore.
That would be fun, but instead of a port, they should make a new game so they can add Linkle. :)
Where I live they have these things called arcade-bars

It's like the coolest places ever

One of which is "Gameworks"

2 floors of games, restaurants, bar, etc.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think I'm just going to call Linkle Rinkuru because Linkle is the kind of name that makes me scrunch my face up.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I think I'm just going to call Linkle Rinkuru because Linkle is the kind of name that makes me scrunch my face up.
Wouldn't Rinkle be better? :troll:
tbh I think Linkle's great, though I don't get how 'ermahgerd Linkle is too sexualized' It's just thighs. We see Link's underwear all the time so Linkle's thighs are nothing. It's not like she's wearing heels either

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

I'd seriously be down for a legit third person cross bow shooter set in the Zelda universe. Cross Bow Training was a surprising amount of fun.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
That reminds me, PushDustIn PushDustIn posted a neogaf link about that when talking about how SaltBlock was blacklisted, though I didn't see anything about Saltblock. Push is anti-kotaku confirmed. I'm so proud of you son Q.Q
Nah, I don't hate Kotaku, they just do their own thing and that's cool (I don't read them though).

Spastic penis is a very serious condition and it should not be made fun of.

Soon, been discussing it a lot lately. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to transition, keep the 8-bit moniker, and not confuse people that know me as Spazzy.
You are better off doing it as soon as possible. For the first month or so, just say "I'm ~~~~, formerly known as Spazzy_D". Or just drop the D and become Spazzy. It's up to you but the longer you wait the more troublesome it'll be!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom