• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
So it seemed that it was Google Chrome that was effing up my laptop. Never experienced anything like it, but after deleting all my preference the ****storm stopped.

Even so, I still need a new laptop. The broken fan gets the latop up to 50C degrees.
Depending on the age, it might be best to just replace the fan. However, if it's over 4 years old (and depending on the specs) you are better off just replacing the laptop like you said.

My laptop used to sound like a broken car with its' fan, and I replaced the fan. It was a pain to do it, but the extra leg on its' life has been worth it (It's pushing 7 years now >.>;;;).

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Depending on the age, it might be best to just replace the fan. However, if it's over 4 years old (and depending on the specs) you are better off just replacing the laptop like you said.

My laptop used to sound like a broken car with its' fan, and I replaced the fan. It was a pain to do it, but the extra leg on its' life has been worth it (It's pushing 7 years now >.>;;;).
Yeah I've opened it and cleaned the fan once before. It does work great... but unfortunately it's one of many problems on a long list. I have a new job, so in a couple of months I'll buy myself a 'congratulations' present. After the Holidays I'll probably get a good deal sonewhere!

I remember the first time I opened my laptop... the amount of dust that was in there was incredible. That's what I get for using it on my bed I guess.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'd be hard pressed to think that this is a not a villain. The almost over-the-top edginess, the hidden face and glowing eye and his red demonic arm. He looks almost like Ganondorf from far.
I think that's the point.

I think we finally found where Shin Megami Tensei fits into this equation.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Lol, I just traded a Seadra to my XY game to evolve it and it wont let me trade back because it knows a HM move.

LOL.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

I Love this little bunny, I'm not sure what his name is but I'm calling him Badger
Badge Center Bunny for Smash 5 AT!

Speaking of badges, am I the only one who thinks the Badge Arcade Bunny with a summoner moveset utilizing badges would be a great eventual Smash newcomer? :p
I see him as AT material.

Every time a new video for this game comes out, I die a bit inside.
Not interested in this crossover.

D

Deleted member

Maybe HMs should be key items essentially, just you have to have a certain type of Pokemon in your party to use them, that way it doesn't take up any moves if you don't want them too. Have it when you obtain the HM you obtain a TM variant of it as well.

D

Deleted member

You know, I never got why Pokemon would do this. You can't even use some HMs until you get a certain badge.
The game does that so that you don't get stuck in certain places
This was mainly done in past games to prevent you from trading your only Pokemon that know Surf and Fly and getting stuck on an island if you didn't get the fishing rod(even worse in HGSS Cinnabar Island where you could potentially run out of Pokeballs even if you had the fishing rods)
Now with being able to trade anywhere, players could even get stuck in caves and the such
Also, the game only locks trading Pokemon that know HM moves that are in the party
Meaning you can just box them and trade them from there

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Every time a new video for this game comes out, I die a bit inside.
I worry after the success of Awakening they're taking as a sign that the west loves all the same stuff. It always bugs me when they take a cute girl, age her as logic would dictate but then abruptly taek her back to kiddo levels. And don't give me the "that's what she originally was" talk. EVERY SINGLE OTHER THING IN THAT CROSSOVER IS AWKAENING so far at least...

Like when they tried to make Samus Moe and just ended up making her incompetent. What really bugs me is Samus was originally based off Ripley to an extent and her role was being the sane woman in a bunch of guys way in over their head. It ends up being the opposite.

D

Deleted member

At the idea of them censoring #FE and Fates, I don't think it's viable for them to do so. They would have to make serious edits to artwork and textures which cost them money and time. If anything, I could see them like shutting off that strip your character in their underwear mode in Fates, but I'm not really sure what else they can realistically censor since it's already drawn.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Here's a question for you guys

From the pictured I posted, which other characters from the series shown there do you feel contain even more than one iconic character? I'll go ahead and say Luigi and Bowser clearly belong there as well as Tails, Eggman and Chun-Li... maybe Charizard also
:4mario: Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Toad, Yoshi
:4dk: Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong
:4link: Zelda, Toon Link, Toon Zelda
:4pikachu: Charizard, Mewtwo, Lucario, Meowth, Lugia
:4sonic: Tails, Knuckles
:4pacman: Ms. Pac-Man, Inky, Blinky, Pinky, Clyde
:4cloud: Black Mage, White Mage, Chocobo, Moogle
:4ryu: Chun-Li, Ken
:4megaman: Proto Man, Mega Man X, Zero

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
HMs should be axed I think. It was fine in the early days, to bulk out the game, but nowadays it's annoying. Having to cater a team around at least 1 flying and 1 water type is getting old. At least Surf is a good move.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

From the pictured I posted, which other characters from the series shown there do you feel contain even more than one iconic character? I'll go ahead and say Luigi and Bowser clearly belong there as well as Tails, Eggman and Chun-Li... maybe Charizard also
:4mario: >> Every character in the first Super Mario Bros. game
:4dk: >> Diddy, Candy, Funky, Cranky, K. Rool, Kremlins
:4link: >> Zelda (duh!), Ganon(dorf)
:4samus: >> Ridley, Metroids
:4yoshi: >> Baby Mario
:4kirby: >> Dedede, Meta Knight, Whispy Woods, Waddle Dees
:4fox: >> The whole Star Fox team (minus Krystal), Wolf, Andross
:4pikachu: >> Ash Ketchum :troll:
:4pacman: >> Ms. Pac-Man, the Ghosts
:4megaman: >> Dr. Wily, Rush, Santa Claus Dr. Light, Zero
:4sonic: >> Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Eggman
:4ryu: >> Every figther in the original version of Street Fighter II
:4cloud: >> Tifa, Aerith, Sephiroth, Zack (I'll just count FF7 because the list might be too big otherwise)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Miley Cyrus must really be starved for attention to be willing to do all of those things my eyes just got tortured with.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
My whole reaction to Miley Cyrus is to play a video of Joseph Joestar saying "Oh my God, OH NO and Son of a *****" for five hours straight.

I need brain bleach because Hannah Montana has gone full edgelord

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Is it weird that I want to buy this Sega Saturn multitap event though I don't own a Sega Saturn.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
You people liked my 3DS being broken post.

Well **** you too. T.T

Anyone know a way to fix it?
Well, you still have sound, so that's good... I guess if you don't want sound, you could plug in headphones and just don't listen to them? I know that's not ideal, but it's something.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Is it weird that I want to buy this Sega Saturn multitap event though I don't own a Sega Saturn.

You don't have a Sega Saturn?

Segata Sanshiro will be after you.

Also, lol Miley Cyrus. Being famous does funny things to people (and sometimes not so funny).

D

Deleted member

Looks like Xenoblade X will not include japanese voices.

Not that I especially care about it, but it kinda sucks after Nintendo made the effort to bring them along the english voices for the original Xenoblade on the Wii and for Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Last edited by a moderator:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

The only really iconic characters that aren't Samus herself in Metroid are the Metroids, Ridley, Dark Samus and Mother Brain.

Everyone else that the fanbase remembers are ensemble darkhorses such as Sylux, Rundas and arguably Anthony. At risk of bias I can safely claim that Sylux could become iconic depending on how the character is handled in the future.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Not that I especially care about it, but it kinda sucks after Nintendo made the effort to bring them along the english voices for the original Xenoblade on the Wii and for Fire Emblem: Awakening.
Understandable, as that game is using a whole lot of disk space as is.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I've owned a Dreamcast and a Genesis

Segata Sanshiro would be proud of me but miffed that I didn't own a Saturn but is still proud of me

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I actually feel really bad for Miley. Clearly children and fame are an awful combination. How many child stars have we seen go into a downward spiral? I honestly can't think of one Child Star that made it to adulthood and behaves normally. To be in the public eye and to be scrutinized from such a young age is clearly damaging. She's actually a talented singer too, so it's even worse to see her wasting her talents on... whatever crap it is that all these record labels call music.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Probably due to space issues. Game has a lot of voice acting and is really huge.

Hopefully, they can release a DLC pack with Japanese voices, unless they ran into licensing issues regarding the usage of the voice clips outside of Japan. Given they managed to bring the option for previous games and released Japanese trailers outside of Japan, that doesn't seem to be an issue for Nintendo.

The only really iconic characters that aren't Samus herself in Metroid are the Metroids, Ridley, Dark Samus and Mother Brain.

Everyone else that the fanbase remembers are ensemble darkhorses such as Sylux, Rundas and arguably Anthony. At risk of bias I can safely claim that Sylux could become iconic depending on how the character is handled in the future.
Curiously or not, those iconic characters have major NPC roles in Smash 3DS/Wii U.

Metroids, Mother Brain and Dark Samus are Assist Trophies and Ridley is a boss. Metroids also appear as enemies in Smash Run (along with a few other recurring Metroid series enemies such as Geemers).

Of those, Dark Samus has the best chance of being playable in future Smash titles. I agree that Sylux may become important given statements regarding Federation Force and Prime 3's ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom