• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Probably due to space issues. Game has a lot of voice acting and is really huge.

Hopefully, they can release a DLC pack with Japanese voices, unless they ran into licensing issues regarding the usage of the voice clips outside of Japan. Given they managed to bring the option for previous games and released Japanese trailers outside of Japan, that doesn't seem to be an issue for Nintendo.

Curiously or not, those iconic characters have major NPC roles in Smash 3DS/Wii U.

Metroids, Mother Brain and Dark Samus are Assist Trophies and Ridley is a boss. Metroids also appear as enemies in Smash Run (along with a few other recurring Metroid series enemies such as Geemers).

Of those, Dark Samus has the best chance of being playable in future Smash titles. I agree that Sylux may become important given statements regarding Federation Force and Prime 3's ending.
Not that anyone I know plans to play Federation Force.

Sylux seems cool but I would always prefer Ridley or Dark Samus for Smash.

Or you know, all three.

Of those, Dark Samus has the best chance of being playable in future Smash titles.
Gonna have to disagree with this one.

Dark Samus isn't exactly popular and more importantly they are pretty much confirmed to not appear in games anymore. I honestly believe Sakurai would change his mind on Ridley before he goes back to a character who is only going to become more and more irrelevant.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I've never played a SEGA console.

Segata Sanshiro must be frowning at me.
You don't have a Sega Saturn?

Segata Sanshiro will be after you.

Also, lol Miley Cyrus. Being famous does funny things to people (and sometimes not so funny).
Is it weird that I want to buy this Sega Saturn multitap event though I don't own a Sega Saturn.

I've owned a Dreamcast and a Genesis

Segata Sanshiro would be proud of me but miffed that I didn't own a Saturn but is still proud of me
You're all about to have a really bad christmas.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Of those, Dark Samus has the best chance of being playable in future Smash titles. I agree that Sylux may become important given statements regarding Federation Force and Prime 3's ending.
Eh, I doubt it.

Let's be honest, if Dark Samus wasn't chosen this time, it's likely she won't be promoted by the next game. And given the explicit statements that the story of Dark Samus and by extension Phazon is done, she's only going to become less and less relevant as time passes; and relevance matters to the sack of rice.

I'm hoping that Sylux's newfound relevance lends itself to, at the very worst, a Mii costume, since I don't have exactly high hopes for Sylux actually being DLC unless the Sakurai Dartboard Method favors it.

Welp. We haven't seen this is a while.
(http://sheekyforums.com/thread/316997667/video-games/smash-direct-dec-3-details.html)
NEW LEAK BOYS
Even though, again, its most likely not legit. I like the list though!
Yeah, I don't care that we're all dying to hear more, leaks are dead. I don't believe it.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
(http://sheekyforums.com/thread/316997667/video-games/smash-direct-dec-3-details.html)
NEW LEAK BOYS

Lmao, some of these comments

December direct rolls in
The not Funny part about Krool.
He stays a costume
Krystal is revealed
Is a nightmarish mid-range powerhouse
Pay2win character day 1
Same people that wanted nothing to do with her shell out $5.99 to compete in FG
MFW

Ivander

Smash Legend
I actually feel really bad for Miley. Clearly children and fame are an awful combination. How many child stars have we seen go into a downward spiral? I honestly can't think of one Child Star that made it to adulthood and behaves normally.
I think Sean Astin is still doing alright. At least, I never heard anything major about what stuff he has done or doing and whatever.

Chrono.

Is December 3 the new April 1/Nov 12? lol

even if both of those dates ended being true they were still in most fakes

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Not that anyone I know plans to play Federation Force.

Sylux seems cool but I would always prefer Ridley or Dark Samus for Smash.

Or you know, all three.
A perfect world, where Ridley, Dark Samus and Sylux are playable in a Smash game.:crazy::bee:

But that will never happen sadly.:c

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Lol at this leak. There are no ballot winners.:awesome:

Then again, I gotta give it props for at least including characters that are rare in leaks like Isaac and Banjo.
Banjo is a "popular" character now, thanks to Cloud reveal. Isaac isn't as popular due to the same reason, but has a lot of fans.

The "leak" reads like a wishlist, and I'm sure it's fake.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Banjo is a "popular" character now, thanks to Cloud reveal. Isaac isn't as popular due to the same reason, but has a lot of fans.

The "leak" reads like a wishlist, and I'm sure it's fake.
We're all sure it is. I'm just saying that it is nice to see those two being included in a fake leak as it isn't often that they are.

Also, when is that Sonic article going to come?

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
We're all sure it is. I'm just saying that it is nice to see those two being included in a fake leak as it isn't often that they are.

Also, when is that Sonic article going to come?
Sonic article? Which Sonic article is it...?

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Well, I'll give it one thing. I'd certainly buy what it says. I just don't buy what it says.

Soul.

Has every leak started to put Banjo-Kazooie because the leaker really wants the character in the game or because everyone else is doing it lol.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
NEW LEAK BOYS
Remember that whole character bandwagon thing that I always said that people ride a character due to some circumstances.

I can say that for Banjo & Kazooie. I mean Jesus, all of sudden he's considered having a chance due to Cloud being in Smash. How does that correlate?

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I actually feel really bad for Miley. Clearly children and fame are an awful combination. How many child stars have we seen go into a downward spiral? I honestly can't think of one Child Star that made it to adulthood and behaves normally. To be in the public eye and to be scrutinized from such a young age is clearly damaging. She's actually a talented singer too, so it's even worse to see her wasting her talents on... whatever crap it is that all these record labels call music.
Alyssa Milano right off the top of my head.

Chrono.

Remember that whole character bandwagon thing that I always said that people ride a character due to some circumstances.

I can say that for Banjo & Kazooie. I mean Jesus, all of sudden he's considered having a chance due to Cloud being in Smash. How does that correlate?
Cuz people keep seeing Cloud as Sony rep rather than a SE rep.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Hey guys! Who's ready today!? I can't wait to use my new Falco amiibo to play the new Star Fox Zer-oh.....

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Cuz people keep seeing Cloud as Sony rep rather than a SE rep.
People see Cloud as a Sony-oriented gaming all star, and so feel that because of his inclusion, we could get something more unexpected as far as third-party characters go. Banjo, being seen as implausible due to the assumption that Sakurai wouldn't pick a character that "advertises the competition" is seen now as the ultimate "unexpected third-party character" as Cloud's next game isn't on a Nintendo platform. At least that is how the mentality goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom