• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You can change your name if you like but I'm still going to refer to you by how I knew you before.

omg I'm transphobic

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
That moment when your beat up, on it's last legs 2009 Macbook Pro comes back to life after a 30 minute emergency, random shut down.

Just breath, Radical.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
For a second I thought you were a blonde bubbleheaded bimbo. Jokes on me, you're not blonde then :p
In all seriousness, I think there's a big difference between the two situations
Are you telling me there's a difference between internal struggles regarding gender identity and me making a joke about changing a username on a forum?

I don't believe you.

(though to be serious and to prevent derailing the thread for the sake of my dumb joke... and then my second dumb joke, yeah of course there's a difference)

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791
Anyways, who has been playing Rivals of Aether's Early Access? I want to play it but I don't have it yet, mainly because my computer broke down.
Hi

Still trying to figure out whether I play Wrastor or Forsburn better, which is damn difficult because most of the times go online I either get bodied completely or the other party d/cs because I'm in AUS or because they don't want to put up with smog >.>

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
That moment when your beat up, on it's last legs 2009 Macbook Pro comes back to life after a 30 minute emergency, random shut down.

Just breath, Radical.
LOL DW IT'S BROKEN AGAIN.

No Internet browser will work. Finder keeps crashing... back up and maybe get a new one...

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Speaking of SMTxFE, Famitsu recently revealed the promotions for the Mirages. Some of them look interesting, though I have to say...

Overlord Chrom took too many cues from Shadow.

>excessive use of Onii chan
>baka
>multiple outfit changes

why does this game exist. . .
To be fair, the Oni-chan thing is a trait of the original Tiki, she even drops it at times in the Japanese version of Awakening (Mar-Mar for localization).

Having said that, I could do without the addition of "Baka" (which Tiki wouldn't say to Marth) and the outfit changes...

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Speaking of SMTxFE, Famitsu recently revealed the promotions for the Mirages. Some of them look OK, though I have to say...

To be fair, the Oni-chan thing is a trait of the original Tiki, she even drops it at times in the Japanese version of Awakening (Mar-Mar for localization).

Having said that, I could do without the addition of "Baka" (which Tiki wouldn't say to Marth) and the outfit changes...
What are the other ones? I want to salvage #FE's Virion.

Also I AM BLUE NOW HOLY **** THANKS Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman .

Flor@

Smash Apprentice
So if there is an Ultra Smash Bros for the NX it'd need at the very least

All DLC characters (7 of them by best estimate)
Custom moves for all DLC characters
Expand representation of DLC series to be on par with on disc ones (more trophies, assist trophy ect)
A new mode to take advantage of the NX's unique features, whatever they may be.

Gravy would be

The Return of the Ice Climbers & a stage
HD Smash Run (if the NX is a portable/home hybrid it'd make sense)
A proper Melee style intro
Mhh... assuming that the extra controller feature is something small likr scrolling shoulder buttons, which might not affect actual gameplay much, I could also say that we'd need a good amount more than this to justify another 60 dollar game on a unique system. In my opinion, they need to make the smash world a little more cogent and interesting. Sure, it's a little cool that there isn't a story now, so we can kinda make it all up, but yeah, no. An official story would be great. Also is it me or did they completely drop the idea of fighters bein turned into trophies when they're defeated? The only thing reallyclose we have to a story in this game is the boss fights.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Speaking of SMTxFE, Famitsu recently revealed the promotions for the Mirages. Some of them look interesting, though I have to say...

Chrom...have a Snickers.

Tiki was cool?
I just...don't get it. You go from her being an awesome character in Awakening, slightly-but-innocently childish voice-of-the-goddess who wants to be among the people while also having lost all of those dear to her thousands of years prior, to...#FE's version.

#FE just kind of makes me sad.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's been almost a month since I started my "budget" thing

For most of it I did good

But, recently...

Basically overall I'd say my budget was a failure.

While I did spend around $10 a day only on food...It's was over by $0.16

and I spend ~$9.00 on stuff other than food.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Seeing all this blue and name changes makes me feel poor

So
"This is who I am!"
Chrom is trying really hard to be all that edgy lol
Also, smth smth Kill la KillXSonic Adventure 2XFire Emblem

And, RIP Swamp's 3DS
2013-2015

Last edited by a moderator:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't see #FE being a success outside of Japan. The weebs will like it, though.

Being a FE fan and having done research on the SMT series at the time of the first teaser, I was expecting something darker.

To its credit, it does have some interesting ideas such as being able to travelling between modern day Tokyo (SMT) and the fantasy world (FE). The whole idol and cutesy moe stuff is completely out of place, though.

I think #FE is a lot of wasted potential. Other Nintendo collaborations such as Pokkén Tournament, Hyrule Warriors and Pokémon Conquest did a lot better at combining two unrelated IPs into something interesting that appeals to those familiar with either or both IPs.

I don't see #FE appealing to either SMT or FE fans. Both fanbases have shown dislike for the game. On its own, however, it may have merit, but as something first advertised as a crossover between those franchises, it's really off-putting.

I was willing to defend the game when the first trailer came and was looking forward to further developments, but now, that hype is gone, because I really don't like the direction the game went.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I don't see #FE being a success outside of Japan. The weebs will like it, though.

Being a FE fan and having done research on the SMT at the time of the first teaser, I was expecting something darker.

To its credit, it does have some interesting ideas such as being able to travelling between modern day Tokyo (SMT) and the fantasy world (FE). The whole idol and cutesy moe stuff is completely out of place, though.

I think #FE is a lot of wasted potential. Other Nintendo collaborations such as Pokkén Tournament, Hyrule Warriors and Pokémon Conquest did a lot better at combining two unrelated IPs into something interesting that appeals to those familiar with either or both IPs.

I don't see #FE appealing to either SMT or FE fans. Both fanbases have shown dislike for the game. On its own, however, it may have merit, but as something first advertised as a crossover between those franchises, it's really off-putting.

I was willing to defend the game when the first trailer came and was looking forward to further developments, but now, that hype is gone, because I really don't like the direction the game went.
Can we even call it a SMT game anymore? It's WAAAAAAAAAAAAY more Persona than an actual SMT game.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
You people liked my 3DS being broken post.

Well **** you too. T.T

Anyone know a way to fix it?
This is why, whenever I see a post that is somehow negative for the poster (i.e. your situation or just someone describing something bad that happened to them), I get wary about dropping a like on it. Does that mean I am supporting them or enjoying their pain?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The kind is dissonance you've got here between what people initially envisioned SMTxFE to be vs. the #FE we ended up with is not atypical when a game gets revealed far, far too early.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
SMTxFE was doomed to be a divisie once they decided on that direction.

I guess it might be popular with people into J-pop, they're a very small minority in the west. Not even all anime fans are that much into J-pop stuff.

Meanwhile, it's Zangief time.

:231:

D

Deleted member

Just found this on Facebook :

Now you know what to do next time you meet a "MUH2MUCHSORDUSER" guy.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

I'd be hard pressed to think that this is a not a villain. The almost over-the-top edginess, the hidden face and glowing eye and his red demonic arm. He looks almost like Ganondorf from far.

:231:

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Mhh... assuming that the extra controller feature is something small likr scrolling shoulder buttons, which might not affect actual gameplay much, I could also say that we'd need a good amount more than this to justify another 60 dollar game on a unique system. In my opinion, they need to make the smash world a little more cogent and interesting. Sure, it's a little cool that there isn't a story now, so we can kinda make it all up, but yeah, no. An official story would be great. Also is it me or did they completely drop the idea of fighters bein turned into trophies when they're defeated? The only thing really close we have to a story in this game is the boss fights.
Hmm... If we go on the assumption that the NX is backwards compatable with either 3DS or WiiU games, Cloud is the same price as Ryu and using the American DLC prices with the .99 rounded up:

Current DLC characters+Packaged stages: $18 ($24 with Cloud)
Minimum total DLC character prices: $32
Maximum Total DLC Chracter Prices: $36
Likely Total yadda yadda: $34

Current cost of stand alone DLC Stages (including pirate ship): $10.50

So let's say $44.50, already having an advantage over the 3DS version. For it to be worthwhile over the WiiU version it'd need an additional $15.50 worth of content. Of course that's moot for those that have bought all the DLC and for it be worth buying an NX for it'd need at least $200 worth

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just make the Gamecube controller the main NX controller, except it has Select, ZL, Left Thumb Stick Button, Right Thumb Stick Button, and the C-Stick is the size of a regular Analog Stick. Also increase the size of the D-Pad and make the Analog Sticks the same texture as the Wii U Game Pad's.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
So it seemed that it was Google Chrome that was effing up my laptop. Never experienced anything like it, but after deleting all my preference the ****storm stopped.

Even so, I still need a new laptop. The broken fan gets the latop up to 50C degrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom