• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You reminded me that I should play Super Mario World again.

I've never played a 2D platformer like this one...
You'll love it. I know it's not filled to the brim with power ups like Mario 3 but damn the physics and level design is incredible. Plus the level themes are super unique

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
You'll love it. I know it's not filled to the brim with power ups like Mario 3 but damn the physics and level design is incredible. Plus the level themes are super unique
Dude! That game was my childhood!

It's so much fun! It has Yoshi, colorful levels, Yoshi, playful soundtrack, Yoshi, that stupidly useful cape, Yoshi, so much level variety, Yoshi...

Did I mention it has Yoshi?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
You know... The Cape and Yoshi are awesome and all, but why does NOBODY talk about how ****ing amazing of an idea the Spin Jump was?
Getting rid of Koopas without having to worry about the shell, bouncing off objects that would normally hurt you, the satisfaction of it, while still balancing it out by making it harder to control? The levels were designed so perfectly and accompanied for both kinds of jumps, even mixing it up sometimes. Plus it's an ability you always have, while Yoshi and Cape Feathers can be lost.

Last edited:
haha ****ing maya summoning Mia for lewd to get info.
I love this series.

oh. . .and WHO THE **** IS GODOT
I have theories but they aren't logical enough. I want to look it up but I want to be surprised at the same time. Mrgrgr
Waiting for Godot to reveal himself is infuriating

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I love this series.

I have theories but they aren't logical enough. I want to look it up but I want to be surprised at the same time. Mrgrgr
Well it's not like Mia was doing much anyway, considering... y'know... she's dead :V

If it's any consolation, the next case you're gonna do will give you a pretty general idea of who Godot is, but it won't be until the final one that you finally see his true colors. And HOO BOY is the final case a doozy, easily my favorite final case in the series.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I love this series.

You'll find out REALLY soon so just wait it out.

Well it's not like Mia was doing much anyway, considering... y'know... she's dead :V

If it's any consolation, the next case you're gonna do will give you a pretty general idea of who Godot is, but it won't be until the final one that you finally see his true colors. And HOO BOY is the final case a doozy, easily my favorite final case in the series.
*sigh* it's so long.

And im pretty sure the final case has already been ruined for me. it will probably still be good but not as good without the twist
Phoenix losing his ability to practice law. Was told to me ages ago

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I would think the NeoGAF person was trolling when he said Cloud was coming. Call it peculiar timing, but for one, nowhere did any leak say anything about Cloud to begin with, plus one man fake leaks with perceived impossibilities are extremely common.

Why would Neogaf guy be invited to a select showing if he wouldn't be used. Nintenzilla's theory makes no sense
This too.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
*sigh* it's so long.

And im pretty sure the final case has already been ruined for me. it will probably still be good but not as good without the twist
You don't have the right context for the final case, trust me it's gonna be good. One of my favorite cases.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So who got Mystery dungeon today?
I did! For the first time ever, I got squirtle instead of pikachu. My partner also wound up being a tepig. Not bad, I'm on chapter 3 right now and really enjoying the game!

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
*sigh* it's so long.

Actually, that's in Apollo. Phoenix doesn't lose his attorney badge until that game comes around, you don't have to worry about that till the next game. Even them there's a lot to the reason why he lost it you don't know.

Actually, that's in Apollo. Phoenix doesn't lose his attorney badge until that game comes around, you don't have to worry about that till the next game. Even them there's a lot to the reason why he lost it you don't know.

What! Oh no the suspense is killing me now.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'm sorry, but I can't be bothered to give a **** about Paper Jam anymore. Which hurts more than you'd think, since TTYD is my all time favorite game.
It has no soul. It's Mario and Luigi's NSMB adventure Ft. Paper Mario, not a proper crossover. It's the same old princess story, with the same villan, with the same enemies, in the same locations. This being a crossover game is bafflingly pointless considering no elements or characters from either series are making a return, sans Starlow and Bowser talking. Plus, the game being only 512 mb when Dream Team was almost 2 gigs is not too comforting, to say through least.

If you're excited for the game, more power to you. But I've never been so let down by a game in my life, and it isn't even OUT yet.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Any of you guys watch One Punch Man? I really enjoy it. But watching on Hulu sucks! (And there's only 7 episodes so now I have to wait. At least I got Jessica Jones now)

And for the record I think the only thing I can think of that is an even remotely logical possibility is that
Godot is Gant. But im pretty sure he was a bonus case for the DS version so it would be confusing for some players.. .plus he would lose a lot of weight.

Atmey did say we jump to conclusions a lot >_>
(I will not open any spoilered replies)

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Any of you guys watch One Punch Man? I really enjoy it. But watching on Hulu sucks! (And there's only 7 episodes so now I have to wait. At least I got Jessica Jones now)
Oh wait, Jessica Jones came out today, didn't it?

I gotta make time to watch that. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

I did! For the first time ever, I got squirtle instead of pikachu. My partner also wound up being a tepig. Not bad, I'm on chapter 3 right now and really enjoying the game!
Ooooh, tell me if it's any good, my B day is coming up exactly one week from now, and I need some games to get.

I played explorers of the sky. I loved it, even if I couldn't get past the post game because the difficulty I had fighting the whole guild. Oh well, the game got stolen anyway.

D

Deleted member

I thought Kain was the most popular FFIV character. Eh. Thought Bartz would be a bit higher too. I'm butthurt now.I am butthurt but because my ****ING TROUSERS AND UNDIES WERE TOO TIGHT RAAAAAA
**** Kain
No, seriously, all he ever does is backstab you
"Oh hey Kain, I know you were easily brainwashed by Golbez but I know I can trust you once again"
"That's really cool coming from you, Cecil. Hey, may I see that super-duper-important item that we had to defeat a moving wall to get?"
"I don't think that's a good idea, Cecil"~every other party member
"Yeah sure, here it is!"
"CECIL, DON'T!"~Still the rest of the party
"Kthxbye"
"Wait wha--"
*Kain attacks Cecil*
*Kain runs away with the crystal*
"FOR ****'S SAKE, CECIL!"~Literally everyone
I wanna get it but I have finals next week :/
And I also need money for XCX
But I want it!
I watched the first episode recently
I thought it was really good and I like how it plays with the "overpowered anime main character" trope

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooooh, tell me if it's any good, my B day is coming up exactly one week from now, and I need some games to get.

I played explorers of the sky. I loved it, even if I couldn't get past the post game because the difficulty I had fighting the whole guild. Oh well, the game got stolen anyway.
Xenoblade X is the only game you need :troll:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I'm sorry, but I can't be bothered to give a **** about Paper Jam anymore. Which hurts more than you'd think, since TTYD is my all time favorite game.
It has no soul. It's Mario and Luigi's NSMB adventure Ft. Paper Mario, not a proper crossover. It's the same old princess story, with the same villan, with the same enemies, in the same locations. This being a crossover game is bafflingly pointless considering no elements or characters from either series are making a return, sans Starlow and Bowser talking. Plus, the game being only 512 mb when Dream Team was almost 2 gigs is not too comforting, to say through least.

If you're excited for the game, more power to you. But I've never been so let down by a game in my life, and it isn't even OUT yet.
TTYD is also my favorite game of all time and I'm very excited for it.

And somehow you're more let down by this game, which we know not too much about, then Sticker Star?

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Paper Jam is 512 mb?

The hell. When was that confirmed?
http://nintendoeverything.com/mario-luigi-paper-jam-file-size/

My friend played the Japanese version of it since she speaks some.

She says it's on par if not even better than Sky.

I'm getting it as soon as I'm off work, it's such a relief to hear the game I good after Gates dissapointed me.

TTYD is also my favorite game of all time and I'm very excited for it.

And somehow you're more let down by this game, which we know not too much about, then Sticker Star?
Yes, I am. Because this is a CROSSOVER. You know what a crossover is? The best of two different game series coming together so fans of both can experience some fantastic memories and moments, while people who are more partial to one side of the spectrum can still be satisfied.
Plus, the Paper Mario portion is ENTIRELY from sticker star, which I already despise. Friggin Shiny Sticker Bosses with the crowns are back and everything. Instead of Popple, an entertaining character and thief from the M&L games, we get Nabbit, who has NOTHING to do with either of those games.
And I know what I'm talking about because the people who have managed to play it, such as Germany, have pretty much confirmed that what you see is what you get. There's no surprises or significant characters from the other games.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Xenoblade X is the only game you need :troll:
Maybe if I could time travel to the future to buy me the game and then gift it for me on my birthday. :p Otherwise, nope, gotta wait until christmas. Does remind me though.... I still need chronicles...
http://nintendoeverything.com/mario-luigi-paper-jam-file-size/

My friend played the Japanese version of it since she speaks some.

She says it's on par if not even better than Sky.

I'm getting it as soon as I'm off work, it's such a relief to hear the game I good after Gates dissapointed me.
Oooooh, sweet, I'm getting it for sure then.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

It's good so far, I'm 3 chapters in. Some interesting changes, which I will note in a spoiler tag:
for one, you start out attacked by beeheyms and ended up colliding with a nuzleaf who then runs with you. You end up going through the basic dungeon and nuzleaf teaches you the basic skills. However rather then being just a pokemon, your an actual child pokemon. They apparently have ages now. After you escape the beeheym, nuzleaf offers to take you to the main village as you have no home, are a child and have no memory of your past life. After hearing that you were human, nuzleaf offers to let you stay with him in the village and to have you attend pokemon school since your a young kid. You son meet what becomes your partner, but not before you by yourself ended up leaving town to save a goomy after bullies tricked it into going into the woods. You and your partner( although you aren't a rescue team yet with them) both attend school with the local pokemon. And that's where I stopped for now as I need to do school work. But the game is really interesting and good so far! I look forward to seeing where it goes!

Chrono.

I gotta say.

I kinda like Paper Jam's approach of staying closer to traditional Mario roots, rather than introducing a bunch of new characters and settings and species (not that it was a bad thing, mind you, but we've never gotten a Mario RPG that only really focuses on just Mario stuff since PM64, and even that took a lot of liberties).

That being said, they should've done that outside of a crossover game, it just looks tacked on and like an afterthought.
That's a bit disappointing.

It's still the second largest M&L game though - Dream Team clocked in at 850 MB. While Bowser's Inside Story was on a 128 MB cartridge.

:231:
And Inside Story is the best game of that series.

Coincidence?

:228:

You say that jokingly but in my case I am literally only going to play that game exclusively for months. :p
>implying i wont be manning the battle stations for hours upon hots upon hours.

If it weren't for FF7 i would probably be doing the same. Mosy hyped game for me in a long time, even more than fallout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom