• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
It depends on the game really. Story-based games have a lot of text so translation is going to take a while.

What else was it supposed to sound like?

:231:
Dunno, I thought it was just some generic name.
  • Marshmellow.
  • Oaken
  • Bulda
Main characters?

Sure.

You didn't say that though.
Yes, I meant main characters.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
That's a bit disappointing.

It's still the second largest M&L game though - Dream Team clocked in at 850 MB. While Bowser's Inside Story was on a 128 MB cartridge.

:231:
thanks for telling this because going to be very honest: I knew about the mb and I even talked about it saying well it is lower than SS, but how exactly does that tell me anything?

TTYD HAD LIKE 600 MB FOR SAKE!

Yes, I am not joking, you guys are comparing a 450mb game saying it is a huge disapointement compared to a 600mb game that happens to be considered a masterpiece........

urgh......

Like, that 600 mb, it was a GC game, a console game which means it can have more memory than a handled and the 3ds, almost exactly 14 years later only decreased that amount by 150mb which btw looks like nothign when the JP version is confirmed at 512mb.......

sorry for ranting here, but I really feel people should know what they are talking about.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
However in the Japanese version Mary has a different name, be right back.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Okay, so in Japan Mary O.'s name is actually Mashiko. Still a pun right? :lol:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
D

Deleted member

Wow...There are already Linkle cosplays!
gender bent lol
A friend of mine cosplayed Link before, so I wouldn't be in much difficulty to do Linkle
I get that it is a joke but Linkle's outfit is different from Link's :drsad:
Linkle wears a hood and shorts and they're much cuter than Link's tunic :dr^_^:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I didn't like Sonic Runners, too many walls.

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
So it seemed that it was Google Chrome that was effing up my laptop. Never experienced anything like it, but after deleting all my preference the ****storm stopped.

Even so, I still need a new laptop. The broken fan gets the latop up to 50C degrees.
Only 50c?
upload_2015-11-20_12-54-21.png

Mine goes up to the mid-70s, and that's with an external fan underneath it. I think the thermal paste wore off long ago, and started making the computer overheat and shut off constantly. I can open a small part of it and get the dust out from there but dunno about the entire thing.

If I don't have a Youtube video page open somewhere, the GPU temperature gradually goes up past the 80s. Not sure what Youtube has to do with keeping it cool.

----

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Sonic's future?

It's gonna be great.

Did you know that in Frozen, Kristof is the only character that has more then four letters in his name, mind blown.
That's not something most people would consider mind blowing, really.

Yes, I am. Because this is a CROSSOVER. You know what a crossover is? The best of two different game series coming together so fans of both can experience some fantastic memories and moments, while people who are more partial to one side of the spectrum can still be satisfied.
Plus, the Paper Mario portion is ENTIRELY from sticker star, which I already despise. Friggin Shiny Sticker Bosses with the crowns are back and everything. Instead of Popple, an entertaining character and thief from the M&L games, we get Nabbit, who has NOTHING to do with either of those games.
And I know what I'm talking about because the people who have managed to play it, such as Germany, have pretty much confirmed that what you see is what you get. There's no surprises or significant characters from the other games.
I honestly haven't been following Paper Jam news much, but considering I loved BIS and Dream Team(the former more), this sounds really lackluster.

Might skip this one. That and the file size raised my eyebrows.

Posted long ago. :079:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Sonic's future?

It's gonna be great.

I honestly haven't been following Paper Jam news much, but considering I loved BIS and Dream Team(the former more), this sounds really lackluster.

It was a joke... Oh wait it's just you never mind. :glare:

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ushio to Tora is so over the top ridiculous.

I love it XD :p
Great series, I agree. Very quirky but can get serious when needed. IMO it has a good balance of comedy and drama and neither outdoes each other.

I also the like how it revolves a lot around Japanese mythology. Lots and lots of youkai.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Great series, I agree. Very quirky but can get serious when needed. IMO it has a good balance of comedy and drama and neither outdoes each other.

I also the like how it revolves a lot around Japanese mythology. Lots and lots of youkai.
It has Youkai eh? @Fumi-Chan I summon you!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So, anyone want to recommend me an anime?

Well there was a reason I tagged martin in my post, I found his one after going through posts on a bunch of old pages, so I made a post about how I liked it :p
Missed the tag. My bad. :3

It was a joke... Oh wait it's you never mind. :glare:
Yes.

Even if I'm the worst person in existence to you, might you accept some constructive criticism to make jokes more obvious for people to not see you negatively?

Like how Shovel Knight in Smash appears to be your trigger phrase every time he's mentioned and you claim your overreactions are jokes.

Chrono.

So far my only complaint is that the anime has been skipping a couple of mini arcs and thus, a lot of characters, fights and youkai I liked are likely never appearing.

That being said, they've only been scrapping the more "filler-y" stories which didn't really add to the overall plot, so it's understandable. But as someone who read the manga (mostly) before jumping into the anime, I can't help to be somewhat annoyed.

*Not to mention the anime will be around 35~ episodes long and the source material is over 300~ chapters, so I'm a little worried

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Sonic's future?

It's gonna be great.

TTYD was 600mb, the JP version of paper jam is 512mb.

SS is 525 mb......

I don;t see anything to worry......

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Prepare for tonight, when this weapon( which can take out 3 people when fully charged) takes over Splatoon's meta and destroys it completely. The hydra splattling is best weapon.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Missed the tag. My bad. :3

Yes.

Even if I'm the worst person in existence to you, might you accept some constructive criticism to make jokes more obvious for people to not see you negatively?

Like how Shovel Knight in Smash appears to be your trigger phrase every time he's mentioned and you claim your overreactions are jokes.
Oh come on, you're not the worst person in existence, it's just that it seems like every time you approach me, it's some sort of criticism. I'm one for feedback, but I feel as though you direct it towards me often. If you don't like me then that's fine, but you continusly approaching me saying something negatively about me doesn't feel right. If you have nothing nice to say, then I feel that there's no need in saying it. And you do it fairly often, you say something critically towards me out of the blue and start something bad, I'm willing to accept your feedback but it's giving me the feeling as if I upset you. If you have any problems with me, then you can tell me right here.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It has Youkai eh? @Fumi-Chan I summon you!
Besides youkai, the series has almost nothing to do with Yokai Watch.

The use of Japanese mythology is where the similarities begin and end.

Ushio to Tora is a bit darker than Yokai Watch. The fact it is darker makes it more appealing to me, of course. :p

So far my only complaint is that the anime has been skipping a couple of mini arcs and thus, a lot of characters, fights and youkai I liked are likely never appearing.

That being said, they've only been scrapping the more "filler-y" stories which didn't really add to the overall plot, so it's understandable. But as someone who read the manga (mostly) before jumping into the anime, I can't help to be somewhat annoyed.

*Not to mention the anime will be around 35~ episodes long and the source material is over 300~ chapters, so I'm a little worried
Ouch, adapting a 300 chapter manga into a ~35 episode anime will really require a lot of cuts.

I haven't read the manga yet, but damn, it makes me feel I'm missing out.

What kind of anime are you looking for?

Anyway, here are some of my top recommendations:
- Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (action)
- Death Note (thriller)
- Code Geass (mecha)
- The Heroic Legend of Arslan (medieval fantasy)
- Parasyte (horror)
- Attack on Titan (post-apocalyptic, dark fantasy)

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master

Prepare for tonight, when this weapon( which can take out 3 people when fully charged) takes over Splatoon's meta and destroys it completely. The hydra splattling is best weapon.
Inb4 HailHydra.jpg
Haven't played Splatoon in a while. Might pick it up again soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom