• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So, anyone want to recommend me an anime?
I'll recommend one for you, and don't worry I'm not going to recommend something bad to you to get revenge, I'm not that type of person. How about Gurren Laggen?

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
You know... The Cape and Yoshi are awesome and all, but why does NOBODY talk about how ****ing amazing of an idea the Spin Jump was?
Getting rid of Koopas without having to worry about the shell, bouncing off objects that would normally hurt you, the satisfaction of it, while still balancing it out by making it harder to control? The levels were designed so perfectly and accompanied for both kinds of jumps, even mixing it up sometimes. Plus it's an ability you always have, while Yoshi and Cape Feathers can be lost.
This guy. He knows what it's all about. As far as SMW's new mechanics go, Spin Jump > Triangular Blocks > Cape > Yoshi. That said, all four are awesome and need to appear in a new game (excluding Mario Maker).

People using filesize to harp on a game before it's released? *smh* Wasn't Super Paper Mario only like, 430 MB?

Also, anyone know if Super Mystery Dungeon has any Black Friday discounts? I'm considering picking it up...

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
-Magical Lesbian Girls AKA Madoka Magika
-Jojo, duh
-Crying and Fighting AKA Zatch Bell
-Boku no Pico
You can trust me on the last one, don't worry
Waitaminute, someone here that watches Zatch Bell!? THANK YOU! :)

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Missed the tag. My bad. :3

Yes.

Even if I'm the worst person in existence to you, might you accept some constructive criticism to make jokes more obvious for people to not see you negatively?

Like how Shovel Knight in Smash appears to be your trigger phrase every time he's mentioned and you claim your overreactions are jokes.
Try these two:

Psycho Pass & Gunsmith Cats

Both are action filled gun toting anime. The former is a lot more serious and grounded while the latter is a lot more light-hearted

But for Psycho Pass, just watch season 1, the movie and skip everything else related to Season 2

Also, I do recommend History's Strongest Disciple.

It's a martial arts series which has a lot of the Shonen slapstick but doesn't take itself seriously.

It does have romance but with 95% less harem and fan service

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Guys, seriously. Stop using placeholder "slots" to limit the number of possible DLC characters to be announced. Currently hidden slots mean absolutely nothing when they can (and most likely will) just add more slots when they add the characters.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Guys, seriously. Stop using placeholder "slots" to limit the number of possible DLC characters to be announced. Currently hidden slots mean absolutely nothing when they can (and most likely will) just add more slots when they add the characters.
Oh my god, I said the exact same thing the other day, lol.

D

Deleted member

Waitaminute, someone here that watches Zatch Bell!? THANK YOU! :)
Two months ago when I started to rewatch it, I let my pain very clear, where were you back then?
I still have to finish it tho, I'm around episode 100 :/
Also, Ropes is best Mamodo
**** Zeno
And Brago 3edgy5me

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
This guy. He knows what it's all about. As far as SMW's new mechanics go, Spin Jump > Triangular Blocks > Cape > Yoshi. That said, all four are awesome and need to appear in a new game (excluding Mario Maker).

People using filesize to harp on a game before it's released? *smh* Wasn't Super Paper Mario only like, 430 MB?

Also, anyone know if Super Mystery Dungeon has any Black Friday discounts? I'm considering picking it up...
I had an iso of spm which was in uncompressed format (so the full 4.7gb disc) and I made a wbfs which is basically the same thing except it;s compressed and has no useless data:

Screenshot from 2015-11-20 16:35:49.png

i am done serioously, i can;t believe filesize became an argument.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Only 50c?
View attachment 83886
Mine goes up to the mid-70s, and that's with an external fan underneath it. I think the thermal paste wore off long ago, and started making the computer overheat and shut off constantly. I can open a small part of it and get the dust out from there but dunno about the entire thing.

If I don't have a Youtube video page open somewhere, the GPU temperature gradually goes up past the 80s. Not sure what Youtube has to do with keeping it cool.

----
Oh, maybe it gets hotter than 50... I tried to guess high but maybe I was way off.

All I know if that when I watch Netflix need to sit an ice pack underneath.

The things you do for love, eh?

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
LIQUID12A LIQUID12A

Anime recommendations:

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood (and maybe the original)

Steins;Gate

K-On!

ToraDora!

And maybe Lucky Star if you really like slice of life.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anything like this is easily the best of story. /endofdiscussion

Also, I changed my avy since it fits my mood and behaviour much better. :p Regardless of how many times I change though. It'll always be Ash Crimson/Saiki~~~.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Two months ago when I started to rewatch it, I let my pain very clear, where were you back then?
I still have to finish it tho, I'm around episode 100 :/
Also, Ropes is best Mamodo
**** Zeno
And Brago 3edgy5me
I was moving boxes and furniture so that I could go to a new house. :p

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Oh come on, you're not the worst person in existence, it's just that it seems like every time you approach me, it's some sort of criticism. I'm one for feedback, but I feel as though you direct it towards me often. If you don't like me then that's fine, but you continusly approaching me saying something negatively about me doesn't feel right. If you have nothing nice to say, then I feel that there's no need in saying it. And you do it every day, you say something critically towards me out of the blue and start something bad, I'm willing to accept your feedback but it's giving me the feeling as if I upset you. If you have any problems with me, then you can tell me right here.
Now, now, let's not blow this out of proportion.

Last times I interacted with you before today were the 17th, the 14th and November 5th. And really, it wouldn't even qualify for very often considering how spaced these are.

a.PNG

Continuous negativity would be following you around and criticizing every single word you say, which I don't. And, let's be honest, I'm not the only person who has called you out on something if it's really that silly/bad/illogical/(worst case scenario) hypocritical.

What kind of anime are you looking for?

Anyway, here are some of my top recommendations:
- Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (action)
- Death Note (thriller)
- Code Geass (mecha)
- The Heroic Legend of Arslan (medieval fantasy)
- Parasyte (horror)
- Attack on Titan (post-apocalyptic, dark fantasy)
Kamen Rider. What? We got Imajin Anime as a neat spin off!
I'll recommend one for you, and don't worry I'm not going to recommend something bad to you to get revenge, I'm not that type of person. How about Gurren Laggen?

Also, I changed my avy since it fits my mood and behaviour much better. :p Regardless of how many times I change though. It'll always be Ash Crimson/Saiki~~~.
-Magical Lesbian Girls AKA Madoka Magika
-Jojo, duh
-Crying and Fighting AKA Zatch Bell
-Boku no Pico
You can trust me on the last one, don't worry
I've been watching Parasyte, it's good, it's really good.
Psycho Pass & Gunsmith Cats
History's Strongest Disciple.
jesus christ that's a lot of responses

I happen to be a sucker for mecha, so I might go for Code Geass, and I've heard good things about Parasyte.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Last times I interacted with you before today were the 17th, the 14th and November 5th. And really, it wouldn't even qualify for very often considering how spaced these are.

Continuous negativity would be following you around and criticizing every single word you say, which I don't. And, let's be honest, I'm not the only person who has called you out on something if it's really that silly/bad/illogical/(worst case scenario) hypocritical.

I happen to be a sucker for mecha, so I might go for Code Geass, and I've heard good things about Parasyte.
Also I recommend Kill La Kill, that's a good one.
(Also I'm sorry if I've upset you, I hope we can be friends and be happy)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

You asked a large thread of weebs what to watch, you should have known to get a bunch of responses
Isn't Code Geass less 'mecha' and more 'ruling over ****' or something? I know it's different from most Mecha. Also, Panty and Stocking.

Chrono.

If you like mecha, then I will suggest Eureka Seven (or Gundam X/00).

LIQUID12A LIQUID12A if you like comedy/absurdity I recommend Space Dandy

and if not then I recommend Space Dandy
My anime resume is very small. But Space Dandy is a dandy show. In space.
also the dub is fine

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

I posted some recommendations too lol but I'm on mobile and everything got ****ed up.

D

Deleted member

That's just because we are a bunch of weebs :p
>Sucker for mechas
Watch Gurren Lagann
JUST DO IT
I could fill an entire page with motivational quotes from the show too
I was moving boxes and furniture so that I could go to a new house. :p
Still, I had to suffer through episode 8 by myself
And through episodes 22 and 27 haha :^)
But at least I found someone that likes the same obscure anime as me
Now I need to find someone in thos thread that plays Etrian Odyssey or shove it down your throats like Fumi did with Yokai Watch

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Uh... That's... Interesting... Very interesting...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Among the terrible things going on in the news internationally, this is really pissing me off. I feel as though most people aren't even aware this kind of thing is happening...

Violation of basic First Amendment rights should not be allowed to happen.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Among the terrible things going on in the news internationally, this is really pissing me off. I feel as though most people aren't even aware this kind of thing is happening...

Oh my god how awful! Oh I feel so sorry, why on Earth would the lord allow these things to happen? :(

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Don't take @Zoroarking 's suggestions seriously, especially the last one. (Seriously, don't even Google that.)

Also, I think Gurren Lagann is over-hyped. By no means bad, though. I just didn't find it as good as most people claim it to be.

Parasyte is god-tier and I recommend it on any and every day. Code Geass is also great and you won't regret watching it.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Problem is that they'll ignore it because they don't like that negative light in their eyes. I just hate people walking all over our amendments and laws just to get their way and people allow it to happen because of the money and power they hold.

I'm surprised the authorities aren't doing anything to help the media or anyone else.

That's the upsetting thing

D

Deleted member

Tl;dr
"You can only report these news if you agree with us"
Don't take @Zoroarking 's suggestions seriously, especially the last one. (Seriously, don't even Google that.)

Also, I think Gurren Lagann is over-hyped. By no means bad, though. I just didn't find it as good as most people claim it to be.

Parasyte is god-tier and I recommend it on any and every day. Code Geass is also great and you won't regret watching it.
You trying to tell me something?
What do you have against the first three I mentioned?
And stop kinkshaming me

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

Somehow when I read "especially that last one", I knew exactly what it was going to be xD

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So I found out that there are a bunch of Sonic OST's on Spotify now.

Probably the only time in my life where I've said "Oh, they have Sonic 06!" in a positive tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom