• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
http://nintendoeverything.com/mario-luigi-paper-jam-file-size/

My friend played the Japanese version of it since she speaks some.

She says it's on par if not even better than Sky.

I'm getting it as soon as I'm off work, it's such a relief to hear the game I good after Gates dissapointed me.

Yes, I am. Because this is a CROSSOVER. You know what a crossover is? The best of two different game series coming together so fans of both can experience some fantastic memories and moments, while people who are more partial to one side of the spectrum can still be satisfied.
Plus, the Paper Mario portion is ENTIRELY from sticker star, which I already despise. Friggin Shiny Sticker Bosses with the crowns are back and everything. Instead of Popple, an entertaining character and thief from the M&L games, we get Nabbit, who has NOTHING to do with either of those games.
And I know what I'm talking about because the people who have managed to play it, such as Germany, have pretty much confirmed that what you see is what you get. There's no surprises or significant characters from the other games.
I like Nabbit, but wow...so is Paper Luigi not in after all?

Soul.

Okay yeah, I get the whole "Paper Mario is 100% Sticker Star" thing but I'm just not sure what else people were expecting. A completely original antagonist that merges both worlds?

Meh, people are going to buy it regardless.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Man, that Paper Jam news is dissappointing.
Maybe I'll pick up Dream Team instead after all.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Okay yeah, I get the whole "Paper Mario is 100% Sticker Star" thing but I'm just not sure what else people were expecting. A completely original antagonist that merges both worlds?

Meh, people are going to buy it regardless.
I was expecting at LEAST some familiar faces like the Paper Mario Partners, Bean Bean Enemies, Popple, Fawful... Things like that.

And I know I'm not buying it :V not that it means anything.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
SourceGaming Choice 9 is up. It's a doozy!

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/11/20/sg-choice-9-3rd-all-stars/

Vote, and tell your friends to vote!
Did you just recently return, Anvil? Swear I haven't seen you for months, but anyway..

I can't access Docs for reasons. Any way in the future you'll use any other kinda polling service?

EDIT: So I checked out the SourceGaming post/poll....not a single Jack Frost supporter. I'm like the president of a club of 3 people.

Last edited:

Chrono.

What coincidence?

:231:
Eh basically I was saying filesize won't mean much in the grand scheme of things, Nintendo could've just compressed it or something.

*not that I particularly care, I won't be getting Paper Jam, or at least not for now

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
That's a bit disappointing.

It's still the second largest M&L game though - Dream Team clocked in at 850 MB. While Bowser's Inside Story was on a 128 MB cartridge.

Bowser's Inside Story was my favorite in the series. I find it relaxing knowing that file size was smaller. Paper Jam looks amazing and I can't WAIT for it.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I still can't get over how good the Mewtwo Amiibo looks
Fun Fact: Putting the Bowser amiibo and the Mewtwo amiibo next to each other makes it look like they 'bout to drop the hottest album of 2015.

apparently fuz

legendary doesn't fit me.
NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
Wow, finally found this thread.

Either way, I'm super pissed off that Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is coming out on February next year for the Europeans. Like what the hell?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
That moment...
That moment where you realize Mary O's name in Super Mario Maker actually sounds like Mario, strange huh?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I live in the UK, translation/localisation shouldn't really be that much of a deal breaker. It takes time for other languages, but it doesn't make it any less irritating.
It depends on the game really. Story-based games have a lot of text so translation is going to take a while.

That moment...
That moment where you realize Mary O's name in Super Mario Maker actually sounds like Mario, strange huh?
What else was it supposed to sound like?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Did you know that in Frozen, Kristof is the only character that has more then four letters in his name, mind blown.
  • Marshmellow.
  • Oaken
  • Bulda
Main characters?

Sure.

You didn't say that though.

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Heihachi was considered for Smash yet he only get's an honorable mention. Poor guy.
Wasn't it because his moveset wouldn't work well with Smash mechanics? I'm assuming this falls under Sakurai's thought that not any fighter can be put into Smash and work. They need to work under that games mechanics.

Even so, I would still love to see him playable some day. I actually have fond memories of playing Tekken, and people I knew had it growing up instead of the likes of Street Fighter (Tag Tournament was so much fun). Plus, old Heihachi is the coolest. This would also be his final smash.

Seriously, one of the few good things that PSASBR got right.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Attachments

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Wasn't it because his moveset wouldn't work well with Smash mechanics? I'm assuming this falls under Sakurai's thought that not any fighter can be put into Smash and work. They need to work under that games mechanics.

Even so, I would still love to see him playable some day. I actually have fond memories of playing Tekken, and people I knew had it growing up instead of the likes of Street Fighter (Tag Tournament was so much fun). Plus, old Heihachi is the coolest. This would also be his final smash.

Seriously, one of the few good things that PSASBR got right.
Sakurai said implementing his movement in Smash would be difficult.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
HOLY WHAT THE HECK????

Guys, let me just explain about paper jam: we knew the mb since a month, the JP actually has 512 mb AND EVEN THE PREORDER PAGE COULD TELL YOU THAT! (strangely, 450mb in US).

Now let me jsut explain something: SS was by no mean 100% bad. What i mean by this is actually not very much mentione , but SS had very big potential. It's not because of the assets that it was wasted, it's becayuse of how they were used, there's a lot of assets from SS that are really good (I ripped the game).

So saying the imo very simplistic logic of saying that paper jam has SS assets = bad to me is very weird because SS wasn;t bad because of this, it was much bigger and much worse than this.

Also, I have said several time: there is a generic feel in the enemies and npcs, I did doubted that feel a lot, but when i saw the new footages, what i realised is that the character Paper mario has never been so deeply pushed in personality and he is playable.

Like I want that you really reconsider how you would see this game: it;s not a paper amrio game and quite franklly, if it was one, it would suck. I see this game more as a transition for the paper mario series, notice that using SS asset actually MAKES IT EASIER to make the game. From the m&l side, you actually do see a lot of details thaty shows that the paper mario series has a lot of influence on it and again, so far, I really have no problem on the SS assets, quite the opposite, I only have to praise.

Really, I cannot understand the sudden salts, a lot of what you guys were telling were known since a month.......

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sakurai said implementing his movement in Smash would be difficult.
Which just made me think. He said implementing Cloud's movements was difficult, so I wonder if he worked hard to make Cloud function properly, then I wonder if he could do the same for Heiachi at one point, and he might actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom